PDA

View Full Version : Democrats even do THIS better than Republicans...

j2k4
06-04-2007, 07:52 PM
He's a regular criminal mastermind.

I wonder what Madame Speaker will say.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/LegalCenter/wireStory?id=3242622

Busyman
06-04-2007, 08:04 PM

....yet there are people still supporting him.

I can't believe, even with the investigation ongoing, that he won the election.:dry:

:sheep:

Mr JP Fugley
06-04-2007, 10:10 PM
"... do even this...", Shirley.

Skiz
06-04-2007, 10:19 PM
"William Jefferson"....... There's a joke in there somewhere, I'm sure of it. :shifty:

j2k4
06-04-2007, 10:29 PM
"... do even this...", Shirley.

As you say, but I am addressing a decidedly low-brow cadre of cads, you see.

Don't want to speak over their radically-sloping foreheads. :whistling

Mr JP Fugley
06-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Good point, well presented.

Speak to your audience in their own language, that's the ticket.

thewizeard
06-05-2007, 05:58 AM

....yet there are people still supporting him.

I can't believe, even with the investigation ongoing, that he won the election.:dry:

:sheep:

Same happened for Bush..Even after his obvious lack of Presidential mentality he was voted in for a second term as President. So we Europeans are sure that Americans are.. well not stupid or anything, but have extraordinary short memories.

Even Tony Blair had difficulty explaining the "friend aspect" Still he felt sure that the UK public who also loves animals., to whom that speech was actually directed, would understand the apparent conflict in terms.

j2k4
06-05-2007, 12:45 PM
A quick review of mainstream media outlets indicates they have no interest whatsoever in the William Jefferson affair.

I hereby proclaim biased coverage, omission specie.

Busyman™
06-05-2007, 12:55 PM
A quick review of mainstream media outlets indicates they have no interest whatsoever in the William Jefferson affair.

I hereby proclaim biased coverage, ommission specie.

That's weird. I see it as much, actually more, than I saw any of the Republicans like Tom Delay and co.
I have the Wahsington Post (considered liberal by folks like yourself) and it's front page news. I saw it on all the news channels last night and they explained the whole background of the story.

Maybe you should stop making up shit(e).

It is funny to see the opinions of Republican who go, "Ha! See Democrats are bad too!"
Oh and damn, look at the title of this thread.:rolleyes:

Some have even turned into a racial thing. Wtf?!

I recall the thread starter sarcastically making a thread about criminal Republicans which backfired and was quickly filled up with.....Republicans as topics.:lol:

Oh and unlike Republicans, I don't think Madame Speaker is speaking up for Ole Will Jeff.

lynx
06-05-2007, 06:40 PM
Assuming he's guilty (which most people seem to do), isn't it even more telling that the Republican candidate was so poorly thought of that he (or she) couldn't even beat a crook.

j2k4
06-05-2007, 10:44 PM

I hereby proclaim biased coverage, omission specie.

That's weird. I see it as much, actually more, than I saw any of the Republicans like Tom Delay and co.
I have the Wahsington Post (considered liberal by folks like yourself) and it's front page news. I saw it on all the news channels last night and they explained the whole background of the story.

Okay-

to take your paragraph in toto, I will ask you to examine the Post's archive, then tell me you actually believe they have/will cover the Jefferson fiasco with the same fervor, depth, and sheer comprehensiveness they did the Delay affair (BTW-I will also ask that you take note of the fact that, while you were assured of Delay's impending conviction for....something.... anything, really; this has not come to pass); if you do this and still insist the relative events were treated equivalently, you will have lied through your teeth.

Having said that, I will confess I so posted as to lack of coverage only on the internet; my mistake - I was at work, yet I should have noted this for you.

It is funny to see the opinions of Republican who go, "Ha! See Democrats are bad too!"

Making up what, precisely?

My thread title is constructed merely to note that, where corruption is concerned, the Dems still have some things to....teach, I guess.

I would be sincerely interested in having you indicate exactly where I have done this.

recall the thread starter sarcastically making a thread about criminal Republicans which backfired and was quickly filled up with.....Republicans as topics.:lol:

How should it have been otherwise?

Are you confused at all (at all).

Oh and unlike Republicans, I don't think Madame Speaker is speaking up for Ole Will Jeff.

Who spoke up for Foley or Cunningham?

I don't remember a soul...what I do remember is them being gone, and of their own accord, not standing around with their fucking fingers in the wind, like Jefferson and Pelosi.

j2k4
06-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Assuming he's guilty (which most people seem to do), isn't it even more telling that the Republican candidate was so poorly thought of that he (or she) couldn't even beat a crook.

Rather more telling about a voting populace that would rather vote for the crook, I'd say...:huh:

Busyman™
06-05-2007, 11:50 PM

Okay-

to take your paragraph in toto, I will ask you to examine the Post's archive, then tell me you actually believe they have/will cover the Jefferson fiasco with the same fervor, depth, and sheer comprehensiveness they did the Delay affair (BTW-I will also ask that you take note of the fact that, while you were assured of Delay's impending conviction for....something.... anything, really; this has not come to pass); if you do this and still insist the relative events were treated equivalently, you will have lied through your teeth.

Having said that, I will confess I so posted as to lack of coverage only on the internet; my mistake - I was at work, yet I should have noted this for you.

Well you didn't and since, at the time, you were ignorant of any other mainstream media outlet you maybe, just maybe, well actually, were talking so much shit that those aren't coffee/nicotine stains on yer teeth.

Making up what, precisely?

My thread title is constructed merely to note that, where corruption is concerned, the Dems still have some things to....teach, I guess.

Making up the shit about the media, of course. The Dems or this one Dem? I'm not saying the Dems have some moral high ground or that Ole Will Jeff is the only one. However, your obviously biased ass, like many other neo-cons, goes apeshit when you snag one friggin' Dem.

Hell I'm happy for you and all a dat.:dabs: I'm just happy he was snagged whether he was Repug or Dem.

I would be sincerely interested in having you indicate exactly where I have done this.

Not you. I've seen the opinions of other cons.

recall the thread starter sarcastically making a thread about criminal Republicans which backfired and was quickly filled up with.....Republicans as topics.:lol:

How should it have been otherwise?

Are you confused at all (at all).

No, but apparently you were. You started that topic and then proceeded to talk about liberals. People then chimed in all of the Republicans that you seemed to have overlooked.

Nice going. Helluva thread, btw.

I don't remember a soul...what I do remember is them being gone, and of their own accord, not standing around with their fucking fingers in the wind, like Jefferson and Pelosi.

Republicans spoke up for Ole Will Jeff though.:rolleyes: I think they thought it scary how he got caught.

Ahh, j2. You are partisan to a fault. It's a shame.:no:

j2k4
06-06-2007, 12:20 AM
your obviously biased ass, like many other neo-cons, goes apeshit when you snag one friggin' Dem.

This-

-is going "apeshit"?

BTW-

You have no room to refer to anyone as biased, ass, and your "proud black man" posing is wearing awfully thin...no bias intended.

Busyman™
06-06-2007, 12:50 AM
This-

-is going "apeshit"?

BTW-

You have no room to refer to anyone as biased, ass, and your "proud black man" posing is wearing awfully thin...no bias intended.

Please explain.

I almost never mention that I am black.

I don't defend any and all of everything having to do with black....

as you try to claim that I would think of you as racist, out of the blue, or claim that Al and Jesse are my heroes.

So what the fuck are you talking about? Really.

Back then, what led you to believe that I would think of you as a racist? Was it just the mere fact that I'm one of very few on this forum that admitted to being black?

Did you want me to call you a racist so can say you aren't cuz you have a black grandson or black friends?:glag:

(when the hell did I pose as the proud black man, WHAT....THE....FUCK?)

vidcc
06-06-2007, 04:43 AM

And Pelosi? is she up on a charge then? (apart from made up non existent ones)
This pelosi hatred is getting a bit excessive. It's unhealthy

She should remove/suspend him from committees at least until, in the unlikely event, he is acquitted. He is a democratically elected lawbreaker lawmaker, so dodgy as he is I think the most the party should do is try to get him removed from the party and sit as an independent.

I am wondering how it can be claimed this is not being reported by the mainstream media when the complainer links to a report about it..........from the mainstream media :unsure:

Tom Delay was a big name, he is more likely to be a big story. Several republicans have fallen by the wayside in connection with the cunningham and Abramoff "scandals" with little more than a passing mention.....what's your point?

What I want to see is Kate O'Beirne going on national TV after the conviction (assuming he is found guilty) and proclaiming him innocent because he "doesn't admit it".

Here's yer right wing "mainstream media" at work m2qRUAMWIyE

I'm not familiar with the tpm people, but good catch.:lol:

Busyman™
06-06-2007, 02:02 PM

She should remove/suspend him from committees at least until, in the unlikely event, he is acquitted. He is a democratically elected lawbreaker lawmaker, so dodgy as he is I think the most the party should do is try to get him removed from the party and sit as an independent.

I am wondering how it can be claimed this is not being reported by the mainstream media when the complainer links to a report about it..........from the mainstream media :unsure:

Tom Delay was a big name, he is more likely to be a big story. Several republicans have fallen by the wayside in connection with the cunningham and Abramoff "scandals" with little more than a passing mention.....what's your point?

What I want to see is Kate O'Beirne going on national TV after the conviction (assuming he is found guilty) and proclaiming him innocent because he "doesn't admit it".

O.....M.....G!!!

Faux News is a piece of shit!! j2 can fuck off about anything with the liberal media (besides Dan Rather's fuck up).

That shit isn't borders on not even being funny anymore. I remember this same shit with Mark Foley being shown as a Democrat.

Someone should make a movie about this shit. MaxOverLord can't even call this shit "well that's their point of view".

It's a fucking lie. Period. Point blank.:dry:

MaxOverlord
06-06-2007, 02:20 PM

O.....M.....G!!!

Faux News is a piece of shit!! j2 can fuck off about anything with the liberal media (besides Dan Rather's fuck up).

That shit isn't borders on not even being funny anymore. I remember this same shit with Mark Foley being shown as a Democrat.

Someone should make a movie about this shit. MaxOverLord can't even call this shit "well that's their point of view".

So now you see what I've been saying for the last 15 posts towards you BusyMan. The media has a politically driven agenda.
And it is their point of view. It's their point of view they want you to see(lie or not).

Or am I still not making myself clear enough?

Busyman™
06-06-2007, 02:39 PM
O.....M.....G!!!

So now you see what I've been saying for the last 15 posts towards you BusyMan. The media has a politically driven agenda.
And it is their point of view. It's their point of view they want you to see(lie or not).

Noooooo. You have made no revelation about Faux News. They suck Republican dick. They fuel comedian's material for good reason.

Fact.

They are American media like no other I have ever seen in my lifetime. They don't have journalistic integrity.

So when you say the media has a politically driven agenda I say no. The only one to have demonstrated this, and to great degree and fervor, is Faux News.

Point of view is showing a thought process in a different way, not showing something that just isn't.

Saying Mark Foley is a Democrat isn't point of view. It's a lie.
Describing Ole Will Jeff and showing the head of the House Judiciary (a head Dem for good measure) is spin.

MaxOverlord
06-06-2007, 02:47 PM

Noooooo. You have made no revelation about Faux News. They suck Republican dick. They fuel comedian's material for good reason.

Fact.

They are American media like no other I have ever seen in my lifetime. They don't have journalistic integrity.

So when you say the media has a politically driven agenda I say no. The only one to have demonstrated this, and to great degree and fervor, is Faux News.

Point of view is showing a thought process in a different way, not showing something that just isn't.

Describing Ole Will Jeff and showing the head of the House Judiciary (a head Dem for good measure) is spin.

Your biggest mistake is that you assume I'm talking exclusively about Fox news all the time.
You rant and rave about j2k4 being overtly partisan....yet you can't seem to get past Fox news.
You won't ever admit bias. But by your own omissions/admissions your biased against Fox news.
Fox news is the ONLY station that is biased?
Your calling other people morons and idiots.....wake up BusyMan.

P.S You should really come out of the closet....The Lib closet that is.

Busyman™
06-06-2007, 02:57 PM

Fact.

Your biggest mistake is that you assume I'm talking exclusively about Fox news all the time.
You rant and rave about j2k4 being overtly partisan....yet you can't seem to get past Fox news.
You won't ever admit bias. But by your own omissions/admissions your biased against Fox news.

I'm biased against Faux News? I'm also biased against murderers. What's your point? I like Faux News for their entertainment value. I'm biased against them for their shit reporting, lies, and spin. Where'd you get that I wasn't.:1eye:

Actually I assumed you were talking about all journalistic media. I was talking about Faux News.

Oh and actually I watch Fox News on occasion but not the cable channel.

Do you see what happened Dan Rather after the Bush service fiasco? He's now relegated to HDNet which almost no one has (Dan Rather Reports is actually pretty good).

Wake up?
I have never been sleep and never been sheep.

Why do have say I'm a Lib? Cuz I'm not some idiot that thinks Faux News is great for journalism?

Cuz I think the Iraq War was a fucking blight?

Cuz I think cutting taxes and spending like fuck in a recession are fucking stupid and lack any semblence of common sense?

Cuz I think that firing a shitload of lawyers with experience at the DOJ Civil Rights division and replacing them with nonexperienced lawyers that happen to be Republicans is obvious crap agenda driven?

No you wake up.

MaxOverlord
06-06-2007, 03:04 PM

I'm biased against Faux News? I'm also biased against murderers. What's your point? I like Faux News for their entertainment value. I'm biased against them for their shit reporting, lies, and spin. Where'd you get that I wasn't.:1eye:

Actually I assumed you were talking about all journalistic media. I was talking about Faux News.

Do you see what happened Dan Rather after the Bush service fiasco? He's now relegated to HDNet which almost no one has (Dan Rather Reports is actually pretty good).

Wake up?

Where did you get your sheeple use from?
Last I checked that was a pretty far left term.

Biased against murderers too? You lost me on the relevance of that point.

Your right I was talking about most(not all) media...you kept bringing up Fox....hence the bias reference.

The other point is I've never heard,in the post I've read of yours,you refer to anyone other than Fox as biased.

And yes you are a liberal hiding in independents clothing.....do you feel cool to refer to yourself as an independent in the bars you frequent?

Busyman™
06-06-2007, 05:41 PM

Wake up?

Where did you get your sheeple use from?
Last I checked that was a pretty far left term.

Mmk and I just said it.

Biased against murderers too? You lost me on the relevance of that point.

Your right I was talking about most(not all) media...you kept bringing up Fox....hence the bias reference.

Why am I biased against Faux though? Hint: Why am I biased against murderers? It's based on what they do.

The other point is I've never heard,in the post I've read of yours,you refer to anyone other than Fox as biased.

I have never seen anything like I have seen on Faux on any other news channel. Mind you, I read the paper more than watch the news. I also talk to reporters a decent amount (I work in DC). If CNN is biased, I haven't seen it. If ABC or CBS news is. I haven't seen it. The only thing of recent note that I've seen was the 60 Minutes gaff. I believe that was bias. So count that.

However, I don't see a constant instances of it on 60 Minutes. We are talking one time, one reporter.

And yes you are a liberal hiding in independents clothing.....do you feel cool to refer to yourself as an independent in the bars you frequent?

I don't talk of such things when and if I go to a bar. The best I get is to contribute to a think tank sometimes or whisper in a reporters ear.

lynx
06-06-2007, 07:23 PM

Rather more telling about a voting populace that would rather vote for the crook, I'd say...:huh:Very true, those same voters also elected Bush. :noes:

j2k4
06-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Rather more telling about a voting populace that would rather vote for the crook, I'd say...:huh:Very true, those same voters also elected Bush. :noes:

Much as I'd like to grant you a point there, I must demur; I'm quite sure that very, very, very (did I say very?) few who voted for William Jefferson ever voted for Bush.

lynx
06-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Very true, those same voters also elected Bush. :noes:

Much as I'd like to grant you a point there, I must demur; I'm quite sure that very, very, very (did I say very?) few who voted for William Jefferson ever voted for Bush.
If you care to check the election results, there must actually be quite a crossover of voters in Jefferson parish (no relation).

Unless you are suggesting that one of the elections was rigged. :nono:

MaxOverlord
06-07-2007, 03:26 AM

Are you running for office lynx?

Because it would appear you are.

Your oh so talented at taking any question and turning it into a Bush/Republican issue.

Any ideas of a VP?

lynx
06-07-2007, 08:00 AM
Very true, those same voters also elected Bush. :noes:

Are you running for office lynx?

Because it would appear you are.

Your oh so talented at taking any question and turning it into a Bush/Republican issue.

Any ideas of a VP?
How did I guess that you would be the one who wants to decide what I can talk about. Despite the efforts of Bush, Blair and you, this is still a free world and I'll discuss what I want.

It's not my fault that Bush is so incompetent that every subject which has a downward turn seems to fit him perfectly. You should try removing your rose-tinted glasses and look at the mess he's made. Mind you, you'd have to get your head out of his arse too.

As for VP, it wouldn't be you, the position would require someone who understands the concept or irony.

j2k4
06-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Wm. Jefferson says he's "completely innocent of all charges".

Well then.

vidcc
06-08-2007, 07:12 PM
Wm. Jefferson says he's "completely innocent of all charges".

Well then.

He'd better hope Kate O'Beirne is on the jury then.