PDA

View Full Version : Deflection

Biggles
06-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Has GW come up with a cunning stunt to remove Iraq as the primary legacy of his presidency.......by starting a new cold war?

Uber cunning non? :blink:

vidcc
06-06-2007, 01:43 PM
Perhaps that's what he's doing, but I feel it may be someone else's idea ;)

SeK612
06-06-2007, 01:47 PM
Would things really get to that stage or has Russia become too westonised to turn its back on Europe and the US (so the likes of Russia and China always blustered at things like the US support for Israel and the sanctions imposed on the middle east and Korea but never back their words up)?

Also why is Europe allowing this to go ahead when they're supposed to be acting as an idiot buffer against the frequently questionable US actions and foreign policy?

MaxOverlord
06-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Has GW come up with a cunning stunt to remove Iraq as the primary legacy of his presidency.......by starting a new cold war?

I fail to see any way Bush could not have Iraq be his primary legacy.
In fact I believe he wants it to be....reasons for this are debatable.

The statement of Russia choosing to point missiles at "New European Targets" was only a formality. Putin himself said it would take but a few minutes to re-lock on old European targets.

Biggles
06-06-2007, 02:36 PM

The statement of Russia choosing to point missiles at "New European Targets" was only a formality. Putin himself said it would take but a few minutes to re-lock on old European targets.

To be perfectly honest, I was unaware that they had ever got round to unlocking them in the first place so the statement didn't cause me any loss of sleep.

I think it is a load of nonsense over a system that doesn't work yet set against a threat that doesn't exist yet - nor likely to for many years.

bigboab
06-06-2007, 04:33 PM

To be perfectly honest, I was unaware that they had ever got round to unlocking them in the first place so the statement didn't cause me any loss of sleep.

I think it is a load of nonsense over a system that doesn't work yet set against a threat that doesn't exist yet - nor likely to for many years.

You should be worried. They say Hunterson is one of the targets when they actually mean you.:whistling

I was wondering, would it now be OK for Russia to set up a similar system in Cuba?

As for the Bush Legacy, it is scattered in graves all over Iraq, UK and the USA.

Busyman™
06-06-2007, 05:46 PM

You should be worried. They say Hunterson is one of the targets when they actually mean you.:whistling

I was wondering, would it now be OK for Russia to set up a similar system in Cuba?

As for the Bush Legacy, it is scattered in graves all over Iraq, UK and the USA.
I must agree

Clinton legacy - Monica Lewinski
Bush legacy - a botched Iraq War

I actually don't think Bush has a high point to his presidency.

That's pretty sad. I am happy to say that I didn't vote for him either time.

MaxOverlord
06-07-2007, 03:34 AM

I must agree

Maybe Putin and Bush should go into the bathroom,pull down their pants,and see who has the biggest dick.....get me?

All those cold Russian winters I'd side with Bush.

This is nothing more than a pissing match....again.

I hope Bush doesn't plan any trips to Dealey Plaza...oh wait, I don't believe in conspiracies.

SideNote......Putin said Russia is the world's best democracy??

Biggles
06-07-2007, 01:52 PM
I must agree

Maybe Putin and Bush should go into the bathroom,pull down their pants,and see who has the biggest dick.....get me?

All those cold Russian winters I'd side with Bush.

This is nothing more than a pissing match....again.

I hope Bush doesn't plan any trips to Dealey Plaza...oh wait, I don't believe in conspiracies.

SideNote......Putin said Russia is the world's best democracy??

I did read somewhere that Putin is quite witty and entertaining as a host - so that confirms it then

Bob - they will have to hurry though, I think Hunterson is due to close in a few years.

vidcc
06-07-2007, 03:55 PM
I remember Putin responding when Bush tried to lecture him about democracy.

He pointed out that GW was elected president but Gore got more votes. :rolleyes:

lynx
06-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Is it perhaps just another example of "control the people through fear"?

I'm not sure if it is Bush or Putin this time, but I wouldn't put it past them to have agreed this as a solution which benefits them both.

MaxUnderdog will be along any time to complain that I mentioned Bush.

Biggles
06-07-2007, 07:03 PM
Putin's counter proposal that the system go ahead and be placed in Azerbaijan is a surprise. Geographically it actually would be even better and would also provide cover for Moscow and St Petersburg.

Next chess move to Bush