PDA

View Full Version : X360 or Wii

maebach
06-06-2007, 08:47 PM
I know theres been threads of this before, but I need to know which is better. I ahve the 360 and Im happy with it, but I cant let everyone play it. By this, I mean that I usually have family and friends comming over that are younger, around 9-12, and I cant play Gears or GRAW or games like that. With the wii, I can let the younger kids play wii sports. But my only concern is that I want some good games to play myself. And by that I mean games that are violent, have blood, and action. I know RE4 is comming out for the wii, and that'd keep my busy for a long time.

The other thing good about the wii, is the backward compatiblilty, so I can use my NGC controllers and memory cards. The bad thing is that Im not a big fan of Mario games. So no mario tennis or mario golf, or mario sunshine etc. I dont mind super smash.

All my friends except one has the wii, so I cant really swap games or have lans. All my friends with the wii are huge mario fans, so they are loving it. I played wii tennis and wii baseball, and it was the most fun I'd had with a game for a long time

I still love the 360, but I have to choose between one of them. I played Forza 2 and the demo for DiRT, and both games were alot of fun. I didnt get to play FOrza 2 online, so I dont knwo how it is. I ahve XBL, and it would help if someone could tell me if Forza is good online, because most of the time I game alone, and playing online is great. The problem with the Wii online gaming, is taht the first game to ahve it is pokemon. Which is STUPID. Im hoping that they have more games having online. Because of my router I can play the wii on any of my TVs, where I have to play the 360 on my monitor because the cords dont stretch to my TVs.

So my questions are:

is Forza 2 good online?
is the Wii worth it if I hate Mario?
is the Wii going to bring better games that have nothing to do with Mario?
will nintendo bring in good mature games?
will nintendo bring games for serious gamers? by that I mean games equivalent to Forza or Gears of War. Not Mario kart and some childish shooter.

silent h3ro
06-06-2007, 10:05 PM
is Forza 2 good online?
I went on Forza 2 once online and there were people being cheap and racing Bently Continental GTs and ramming other cars off the road - you just need to know who to play with.

will nintendo bring games for serious gamers? by that I mean games equivalent to Forza or Gears of War. Not Mario kart and some childish shooter.
You have much better luck playing mature games on an Xbox 360 than the very few games that will come to the Wii that other systems won't have.

The Nintendo Wii is made for a general audience - no games like Gears of War and don't expect a simulation racing game for the console. Although, I know they will be releasing a remake of Resident Evil 4 for the Wii which sounds kinda cool. (Yeah, I just saw that you said that but oh well.)

...some childish shooter.
lol Just the way you word that doesn't make a whole lot of sense but you won't see many M rated games because like I said they are geared toward a more general audience meaning E rated games or T rated games.

It will be good for the rest of ur family but you prolly won't have a lot of fun playing it by yourself. The Wii is a party system anyways.

SHUVT
06-06-2007, 10:37 PM
So my questions are:

is Forza 2 good online?

1. Forza is more fun online than playing the single player. I get bored with racing games quickly and this is probably the only reason I am keepipng it. Playing online with friends is allot of fun and nothing better then a little bump to a friends car on a tight corner to get the banter going.

2. Yes the Wii is worth it. I have one for my daughter and we have a blast playing together. The golf and tennis are fun and anyone can play them. I think this console is ideal for families and getting kids off the couch so they don't turn into fat asses.

3. There will be allot more games coming out for the Wii. Xmas season is almost here and gaming companies are pushing hard to get their games out for the shopping season.

4. There are several games coming out for the older gaming crowd. You have to understand that the Wii's selling points are not it's graphics, but the gaming style it brings into peoples homes.

5. You will not see that types of games coming out for the Wii. They will be close, but they do not have the bits to push them. There is also talk that MS will be making controllers similar to the Wii in the near future.

Busyman™
06-06-2007, 10:58 PM
So my questions are:

is Forza 2 good online?

1. Forza is more fun online than playing the single player. I get bored with racing games quickly and this is probably the only reason I am keepipng it. Playing online with friends is allot of fun and nothing better then a little bump to a friends car on a tight corner to get the banter going.

2. Yes the Wii is worth it. I have one for my daughter and we have a blast playing together. The golf and tennis are fun and anyone can play them. I think this console is ideal for families and getting kids off the couch so they don't turn into fat asses.

3. There will be allot more games coming out for the Wii. Xmas season is almost here and gaming companies are pushing hard to get their games out for the shopping season.

4. There are several games coming out for the older gaming crowd. You have to understand that the Wii's selling points are not it's graphics, but the gaming style it brings into peoples homes.

5. You will not see that types of games coming out for the Wii. They will be close, but they do not have the bits to push them. There is also talk that MS will be making controllers similar to the Wii in the near future.

If M$ starts making Wii-like controllers then there'll be really no reason to buy a Wii.

However your #2 sums it up nicely. For me, it wore thin. For families, kids, and get togethers it is a blast.

Think about when you go to Dave & Busters and the type of interactive games there. They just aren't fun allllll the time but they are fun in groups.

The Wii is not for the hardcore gamer. It is a one trick pony with no eye candy and a handful of great first party exclusives.

When faced with whether I wanna play any game on the Wii or God Of War 2 on my PS2....guess which one wins.

The Wii still has no killer-game yet.

maebach
06-06-2007, 11:00 PM
I knwo theres good games comming out for both systems in the near future, and what has the most promising games? I can live with mediocre graphics, but the games have to be fun and last. I get bored of games pretty easily.

I can see how good the Wii is, but I remember back in teh day when I bought a NGC and it turned out to be trash. I played only 4 games:

MGS: Twin SNakes
Super Smash
RE4
Zelda Windwaker

SirGray
06-06-2007, 11:15 PM
I would get a wii becuase I see no point in getting a 360 it plays basically all the same games as a computer and I use my computer to play thoughs games therefore no point in getting a 360.

Also to your post above "I bought a NGC and it turned out to be trash. I played only 4 games" I agree I got a ngc and lol, I only played one game super smash bro's so it was super trash for me, but I have to say the wii is much better Its really fun.

Cheese
06-07-2007, 12:02 AM
Get a Wii if you want something different. Get a 360 if you want to play the same old games you are used to or if you don't have a decentish PC.

Busyman™
06-07-2007, 12:24 AM
I knwo theres good games comming out for both systems in the near future, and what has the most promising games? I can live with mediocre graphics, but the games have to be fun and last. I get bored of games pretty easily.

I can see how good the Wii is, but I remember back in teh day when I bought a NGC and it turned out to be trash. I played only 4 games:

MGS: Twin SNakes
Super Smash
RE4
Zelda Windwaker

I played RE4, RE0, RE, MGS: Twin Snakes, Super Smash, Windwaker, Ocarina Of Time Master Quest mostly.

It would have been a huge waste of money had it not been a gift.

On the Wii I do want Super Mario Galaxy and Paper Mario 2 but I'm in no rush for them.

Again, there's no killer game. It's as different as playing games at Dave and Buster's. The game I most look forward to now is the House Of Deaditized Resident Evil.

You basically must ask yourself. When you get from work, are you gonna wanna power up the Wii to play tennis, boxing, shoot, etc. or sit down with a more traditional great game?

For party situations, the 360 sucks in comparison. Everyone must sit while you play Gears or Lost Planet. Borrrrring.

With the Wii, everyone is having fun and involved in the interactivity. When playing bowling, it was like being at the bowling alley. You bowl then the next person gets up to bowl. Fun.

Wii - parties, get-togethers, physical activity, mediocre graphics, shit online

360 - robust online, nice games, great graphics, better games on horizon, shit for parties

I wish M$ would get a motion remote, then I could sell my Wii.

I'd play tennis in a more realistic looking game and not glorified Xavix. The only thing is I would hope they try to motion sense every fucking game like the Wii does.

Some games are just better played without flailing my arms.:dry:

DaMan05
06-07-2007, 12:28 AM
HAH! lol... have you played the Wii man? how can you compare it to the 360. and im not saying this because i have a 360 myself. the Wii is so boring... i'll admit that its fun when you have ppl over, but thats it. the 360 has so much more fun games. and the wiimote just isnt that fun. you might think it would be cool to have a full motion sensing remote, but i would still stick with traditional gamepad gaming. my vote: the 360!!! just my $0.02 :)

Busyman™
06-07-2007, 12:30 AM
I would get a wii becuase I see no point in getting a 360 it plays basically all the same games as a computer and I use my computer to play thoughs games therefore no point in getting a 360.

Also to your post above "I bought a NGC and it turned out to be trash. I played only 4 games" I agree I got a ngc and lol, I only played one game super smash bro's so it was super trash for me, but I have to say the wii is much better Its really fun.

I didn't know Gears Of War, Lost Planet, or even Forza Motorsport 2 were on PC.

This can only be good news for the PC front.

Cheese
06-07-2007, 12:37 AM
Lost Planet can stay on 360, the demo for PC was a big o' shite.

Anyhows on the subject of killer games, I reckon the latest Zelda game has been one of the best games released in the last year. Or does a game have to be "console exclusive" to be considered "killer"?

Busyman™
06-07-2007, 12:38 AM
HAH! lol... have you played the Wii man? how can you compare it to the 360. and im not saying this because i have a 360 myself. the Wii is so boring... i'll admit that its fun when you have ppl over, but thats it. the 360 has so much more fun games. and the wiimote just isnt that fun. you might think it would be cool to have a full motion sensing remote, but i would still stick with traditional gamepad gaming. my vote: the 360!!! just my $0.02 :)

The Wii is not boring all the time. There are times when I do wanna play even alone.

It's just not often. The party aspect is bascially fact.

I'm even forward to a buncha PS3 games (don't have a PS3 yet though).

Lost Planet can stay on 360, the demo for PC was a big o' shite.

Anyhows on the subject of killer games, I reckon the latest Zelda game has been one of the best games released in the last year. Or does a game have to be "console exclusive" to be considered "killer"?

You're right. How the hell did I forget that? I'm probably thinking of future games.

Yeah Lost Planet on the 360 is quite good. Din't know it was for PC though. I wonder will it be a Windows Live game? That would be sweet.:happy:

maebach
06-07-2007, 08:05 PM
I think I might stick with my 360 then. Maybe be Forza 2. Then if the Wii brings out some good games, I might consider. Do you guys know the game lineup for this summer for the 360? I know Bioshock 5 and Assassin's Creed are comming out. But what else?

Cheese
06-07-2007, 08:13 PM
I know Bioshock 5 and Assassin's Creed are comming out.

They're both coming out for PC as well. (Bioshock is out in August, Assassin's Creed in November).

SHUVT
06-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Assasin's Creed looks sick and i am looking forward to the release of Dirt as well. I have played the demo and it looks very nice. Halo 3 will also be releasing in September.

If you would like to check another one of my sites, you can go to...

www.theusualsuspects.us (http://www.theusualsuspects.us)

Very good active forum and allot of information as well as reviews from an average and casual gamers perspective. Just tell them SHUVT sent you and you will get a warm welcome. We also have gaming night there as well. There is a daily thread on what everyone is playing that night, and you can meet some good folks to get online and play the custom games, without listening to a 12 year old tell you what he did to your mother last night.

Busyman™
06-07-2007, 11:24 PM
I know Bioshock 5 and Assassin's Creed are comming out.

They're both coming out for PC as well. (Bioshock is out in August, Assassin's Creed in November).

Yeah and Assassin's Creed is coming for the PS3 too.

Here's some:

Tenchu Z X360 Action June 12, 2007
Prince of Persia Classic X360 Action June 13, 2007
Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer X360 Action Adventure June 15, 2007
Hour of Victory X360 Shooter June 18, 2007
DiRT X360 Racing June 12, 2007
Transformers: The Game X360 Action June 19, 2007
Bigs , The X360 Sports Action June 25, 2007
Darkness, The X360 Action June 25, 2007
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix X360 Adventure June 25, 2007
Overlord X360 Adventure June 26, 2007
Ratatouille X360 Action June 26, 2007
Two Worlds X360 RPG June 26, 2007
Bomberman Live X360 Action June 2007
Carcassonne X360 Strategy June 2007
X Quest X360 RPG Q2 2007
Vampire Rain X360 Action July 3, 2007
Project Sylpheed X360 Shooter July 10, 2007
MotoGP '07 X360 Racing July 12, 2007
NCAA Football 08 X360 Sports July 17, 2007
Virtua Fighter 5 X360 Fighting July 17, 2007
NASCAR 08 X360 Racing July 23, 2007
John Woo Presents Stranglehold X360 Action Adventure August 6, 2007
Too Human X360 Adventure August 6, 2007
All-Pro Football 2K8 X360 Sports August 14, 2007
Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War X360 Strategy August 14, 2007
Madden NFL 08 X360 Sports August 14, 2007
BioShock X360 Action RPG August 21, 2007
Medal of Honor: Airborne X360 Shooter August 27, 2007
Stuntman: Ignition X360 Racing Action August 28, 2007
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 X360 Sports August 28, 2007
Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions X360 Flight Action August 2007
Blue Dragon X360 RPG August 2007
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam X360 Action September 2007
Frontlines: Fuel of War X360 Shooter September 3, 2007
Mass Effect X360 RPG September 3, 2007
Unreal Tournament 3 X360 Shooter September 3, 2007
Dark Sector X360 Shooter September 4, 2007
BlackSite: Area 51 X360 Action September 10, 2007
Burnout Paradise X360 Racing September 11, 2007
Eternal Sonata X360 RPG September 11, 2007

DaMan05
06-08-2007, 12:29 AM
UNREAL TOURNAMENT!!! yeye!!! its my personal opinion that IT WILL KICK HALO 3's ASS!!!! :D :D

Cheese
06-08-2007, 08:12 AM
I wouldn't get too excited about that release date for it though. It's wrong (http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost.php?p=24903047&postcount=3).

! ANGEL !
06-08-2007, 01:35 PM
i think x box360 the best
best games

horse1982
06-08-2007, 06:19 PM
x360 does indeed rock....

maebach
07-06-2007, 03:44 AM
I bought the wii as welll. now the PS3 lowered their price by $150, so IM thinking of selling that 360 for a PS3. . .

Smith
07-06-2007, 06:15 AM
Ive played that boxing game a million times and it still hasn't gotten old. Its a blast.

JordoR
07-06-2007, 07:17 AM
I've played both 360 and wii and I would definately have to say the 360 is the winner. I mean yeah, the wii is tons of fun for awhile and definately with a group of people; but if your looking for serious gameplay it doesn't really work. However, the wii does make a great party console.

suprafreak6
07-06-2007, 04:17 PM
im getting wii, cause ive turned from serious gamer to ocasional gamer...so i think wii is my system of choice.

Busyman™
07-06-2007, 08:04 PM
I bought the wii as welll. now the PS3 lowered their price by $150, so IM thinking of selling that 360 for a PS3. . .

lowered $150! Wha?

Everyday@420
07-08-2007, 05:24 AM
I own a 360. But I am not a typical gamer. I play maybe 5 - 7 hours a week and some of that is with friends. I always tell people to get what your friends have. You can play with them online and trade games. I've been happy with the 360. From others I trust, I've heard real positive things about the WII and real negative things about PS3.
I hear WII is fun for the whole family epecially young kids and that the PS3 is an overpriced P.O.S. with no new games.

If console sales are any indication. WII is tops, then XBOX 360 and PS3. BTW PS2 consoles are still outselling PS3 consoles (http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/06/15/us_may_console_sales/).

Busyman™
07-08-2007, 04:09 PM
I own a 360. But I am not a typical gamer. I play maybe 5 - 7 hours a week and some of that is with friends. I always tell people to get what your friends have. You can play with them online and trade games. I've been happy with the 360. From others I trust, I've heard real positive things about the WII and real negative things about PS3.
I hear WII is fun for the whole family epecially young kids and that the PS3 is an overpriced P.O.S. with no new games.

If console sales are any indication. WII is tops, then XBOX 360 and PS3. BTW PS2 consoles are still outselling PS3 consoles (http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/06/15/us_may_console_sales/).
Wii is tops in sales then.

From what I gather, the Wii is a hook sell. It's great at first and for parties and then it's actually shit. I got a free sub to Nintendo Power and it's a POS to read. It has doesn't have anything that great on the horizon so there isn't much to read about. Besides Zelda, I bet all their top selling games have the word "Mario" in it.

What surprises me is that everyone overlooks a key factor in why the Wii outsells everything. It's $150 less than the 360 and $350 less the PS3.
It's not merely some greater console. It was priced to sell better.

Now....

If the Wii was $400, and had the same shit graphics (in comparison to the other consoles) then the story would be different. The PS2 outsells the PS3 due to price.

The PS3 is not a POS but it is overpriced. Again, knock that price down and look to the future and the PS3 is the Big Kahuna.

Btw, besides Uno on XBL, I play even less than you do on average. If I get a new game though, I like to conquer it quickly so I tend to play the fuck out of it for the first 3 days to beat it. God Of War II got no mileage (great game though).

maebach
07-09-2007, 02:11 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6283170.stm

PS3 got a $100 price cut

PabloEscobar
07-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Wii gets my vote since its a nice party console, but yeh 360 aint bad for serious halo or gears of war action.

despikable
07-16-2007, 02:16 AM
Well i hear the xbox will be getting a price cut in august sometime so it will be priced less than even the Wii.And yes i agree with the fact that the wii is a hook sell.

Busyman™
07-16-2007, 02:43 AM
Well i hear the xbox will be getting a price cut in august sometime so it will be priced less than even the Wii.And yes i agree with the fact that the wii is a hook sell.

360 less than the Wii. I don't believe it unless it's that POS Core system.

I don't know anyone that bought that.

Hell Big N could drop their price $50 as a nice counter.

The reason I say that the Wii is basicaly a scam is because you must look at what was added.

The graphics basrely better than the Gamecube so you virtually got no graphics bump for your hard earned dollars on a new system.

You did get:
some memory card slots
a smaller and different form factor
a new controller
limited online

Well gee, Big N get over turning a profit on every system whilst selling at a lower price due to....

....a new controller....not new guts of a game system but a new controller.

It's all a hoodwink if you had a Gamecube before.

Now with that, I'm not saying the Wii doesn't good games.

Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
LOZ
Wii Sports
Rayman RR

It's just that now I'm seeing that Wiimote shit being thrown in games just to make them Wiimotized.

Those top 3 would be fine without Wiimobility. Games like Wii Sports are great but are niche. I like to get one there a crack some baseballs every once in awhile but it's best when I'm getting up there and then someone else gets up there and tries to beat my score.

I think the Wii is super excellent for getting in shape at home and having fun doing it. Wii Fit is an excellent idea. Again that's niche.

Demigod
07-16-2007, 03:01 AM
I'm gonna vote for the Wii. First, the range of games cover more age groups so that's a benefit. Second, I just find the wiimote just a lot more creative than the traditional controller (which the 360 uses).

Third, as Busyman mentioned, the Wii can also be used to get in shape, which is, once again, a plus.

SirGray
07-16-2007, 07:52 AM

I didn't know Gears Of War, Lost Planet, or even Forza Motorsport 2 were on PC.

This can only be good news for the PC front.

Yupp they are on pc, except Forza motorsport but it might in the future, so ya pc gets basically all the games that xbox 360 gets that are worth playing.

Busyman™
07-17-2007, 09:04 PM
Since the PS3 and Wii have launched, the 360 has sold more games than the 2 combined.

Why? PS3 was too expensive and had hardly any games and the Wii....had hardly any games.

This kinda speaks to the mileage issue I had with the Gamecube. You spend $250 but get a collection of probably less than 10 good games.

Now the Wii will have more mileage on it than the Gamecube due to it being a niche product. Keep in mind also that any game that is not considered niche (Wiimote specific) like Madden or Call Of Duty will absolutely suck on the Wii.

maebach
07-18-2007, 02:39 AM
Im planning on getting rid of the Wii and X360 for the PS3. . .

little_man
07-18-2007, 02:40 AM
i want them all ps3 xbox360 and a wii..

Busyman™
07-18-2007, 04:04 AM
Im planning on getting rid of the Wii and X360 for the PS3. . .

The store will love your trade-ins. Then all you'd have to do is add $200 and you'll have your PS3.

I'm keeping my Wii otherwise I'd have a vagina.

Something Else
07-21-2007, 01:25 PM
360 for great lookin games
Wii for fun silly games

zd0d
07-21-2007, 04:58 PM
My personal choice would be 360. There's more games I like out for it.

translator
07-21-2007, 11:09 PM
xbox 360