lord of the rings
best story ever

L(.)(.)K here
06-19-2003, 03:47 AM
1.Die Hard (all three)
2. The Last Boy Scout
3.Hudson Hawk
4.The 5th Element

Wait, theese are all Bruce Willis flicks!

mogadishu
06-19-2003, 05:38 AM
no particular order

A Clockworck Orange
Nine Queens (Pedro Almadovar)
Full Metal Jacket
Dr. Strangelove
Rear Window
Vertigo
Fargo
Some Like it Hot
Pulp Fiction
The Usual Suspects
Battle Ship Potempkin
Triumph of the Will (Nazi I know, but the cinemetography is amazing)

I tried to look at all the moves ive seen and resisted from putting in some recent ones that I only think are good cus im 15. I think those are my favorite.. 12 movies.

Damnatory
06-19-2003, 05:52 AM
Best movie ever huh? Well its tough to exclude alot of them. My favorite movie by far is "The Matrix" It revolutionized my perception of "what is" and what "could be", and most of all was the first movie that really made me think. Not only of what was going on, but why we exist.

Others who would make the list of a top # would include.
(No particular order)

Donnie Darko
Cast Away
Forest Gump
American History X
Interview With a Vampire
Fight Club
Momento
Phantasm

And if Kevin Spacey is in it, I love it. Kevin Spacey is who I consider to be the all time greatest actor, due to his ability to act any role with amazing compassion, that really makes you believe that this his natural self.

:D :D :D :D

Phuc_Muffin
06-19-2003, 05:52 AM
:o MG I can't belive that no one has said the alltime greats .... Escape From New York, Sniper, to name a few

MediaSlayer
06-19-2003, 06:14 AM
Anything by David Lynch :ph34r:

wienerschnitzel
06-19-2003, 08:40 AM
Mine are
2001: A Space Odyssey. Incredible visuals and storyline. Actually made me think about the future of humanity and stuff. Incredible concidering when it was created

Jaws. Not just any horror movie. It scared millions from going into the water for years. I know people now that think about that movie when they go to the beach. Also, great story. It not just man fighting nature, its man fighting with other people

Moghul
06-27-2003, 05:33 AM
My favourite movie of all time has got to be The Good The Bad And The Ugly. It has some brilliant dialogue, delivered brilliantly:

'If you want to shoot; shoot, don't talk'
Tuco (the ugly of the title)

Tuco is quite possibly the greatest character of any film. He has so much personality that, no matter how bad he is, you always care and sympathize for him.

Plus the scene at end is the best scene in any film, and all they do is stare at each other for ten minutes!

This film just can't be beat.

accat13
06-27-2003, 05:51 AM
Some classics African Queen ,Bridge over the river kwai,To Kill a Mocking bird, The 10 commandments,Gone with the wind, Jack Nicholson in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest :the actors from today barely compare with the ones from yesteryear they had few special effects to hide behind and they could act.

that1dude
06-27-2003, 06:39 AM
I believe the "the jerk" is one of the all time greats. perfect unmatchable brilliance from steve martin. awesome awesome movie. its one of those movies that makes you laugh even on the millionth time watching it. :blink:

Infested Cats
06-27-2003, 06:52 AM
A Clockwork Orange.

Manny Calavera
06-27-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Moghul@27 June 2003 - 05:33
My favourite movie of all time has got to be The Good The Bad And The Ugly. It has some brilliant dialogue, delivered brilliantly:

'If you want to shoot; shoot, don't talk'
                                                    Tuco (the ugly of the title)

Tuco is quite possibly the greatest character of any film. He has so much personality that, no matter how bad he is, you always care and sympathize for him.

Plus the scene at end is the best scene in any film, and all they do is stare at each other for ten minutes!
nice 1st post

i agree entirely!

Also Jaws for its class, long takes , Beautiful angles, Tension Galore and Robert Shaw a Master

Cuckoo's nest, Reservoir Dogs, Trainspotting, As good as it gets because they're the bollox

The quiet man for the reasons above but he forgot to say drinking

The Thing is probly my fave.

olibomb
06-27-2003, 03:27 PM
Twins! :D

maddytherenegade
06-28-2003, 10:27 PM
AMEICAN PSYCHO - Need no explanation
Schindler's List - Damn the Nazis

AznRocky
06-28-2003, 10:30 PM
merlin (1998)