PDA

View Full Version : The Best Final Fantasy Game

Cheese
06-07-2007, 12:22 AM
Inspired by the GTA thread.

I've missed out XI because that's a MMORPG and they don't count as games (they're more like online jobs that you pay for the privilege to grind away at). Also I've stuck with the core games of the series, feel free to nominate Chocobo Racing though if you really liked that game.

mr. nails
06-08-2007, 10:49 AM
i voted ffvi for it was decently long and had lots of characters to choose from and cool combo type moves to do on the controller for combat. lol, not just hit the a button. either way, i've liked all the ff's, but this one seems to have stuck to me more than the others.

in order of preference.

1. ffvi
2. ffvii
3. ffx
4. ffxii
5. ffix
6. ffiv
7. ffv
8. ffx-2
9. ffxiii
10. ffi
11. ffii
12. ffiii

Cheese
06-08-2007, 11:44 AM
I think FFIII has been my least favourite as well. I've been playing them all the way through from 1 to 13 (on V atm) and III was a real slog.

Just about finished V which is pretty damn good, the boss battles are more challenging than the later FF games I have played (7, 8 and 9).

upGrayde
06-09-2007, 11:02 AM
ff6/3 rocked the house

the gambit system in ff12 is so awesome

the story in ff7 is very engrossing (as are all the stories from final fantasies, but this one especially)

voted for ff12 on pure instinct

SnipeR19
06-10-2007, 03:49 PM
FFIII my favourite

Elvenmunky
06-10-2007, 05:53 PM
FF7 Rawkd!

Creeping Death
06-10-2007, 06:18 PM
VII was my favourite... the first one I ever played. Played them all by now, up until X.

Busyman™
06-11-2007, 01:22 AM
I played the one that came out on PS1 (the one with Cloud and Sephiroth), beat it, and never played another one at length again.

I got quite bored with turn-based fighting then OMG A GRATE CINEMA!1!1

I that one of the more recent FF games has combat like KOTOR so I might check that out one day.

neomyztikx
06-11-2007, 02:06 AM
what no mystic quest or crystal chronicles?

*yeah right*

ashstorm
06-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Final Fantasy VII

Cheese
06-14-2007, 08:28 AM
I completed Final Fantasy V on Monday which was great.

Final Fantasy VI (which I completed last night) was pretty dire imo. The summon system was broke, the jobs system not as flexible and the main villain was just a goofy guy who I pwned everytime I met him.

I'm onto VII now. Not sure if I'm going to play it on a PSX emulator or brave the PC conversion.

silent h3ro
06-16-2007, 09:36 PM
XII and IX are the only two I played and I like 'em a lot, just never finished either one.

Busyman™
06-16-2007, 09:43 PM

Final Fantasy VI (which I completed last night) was pretty dire imo. The summon system was broke, the jobs system not as flexible and the main villain was just a goofy guy who I pwned everytime I met him.

I'm onto VII now. Not sure if I'm going to play it on a PSX emulator or brave the PC conversion.

How good is the PSX emu? Does it make games look better?

Gotta link to it?

Also do you know anything about a N64 emu?

Cheese
06-17-2007, 01:35 AM

How good is the PSX emu? Does it make games look better?

Gotta link to it?

Also do you know anything about a N64 emu?

I use this: http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/996261/ePSXe_v1_6_BIOS_Plugins_PS1_EMU

It comes with all the plug-ins you need and is pretty simple to use. I'd advise using Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.7 that comes with it for the graphics as it has the most settings to "nicen" up the graphics (just make sure to limit the FPS, I had mine running at 500-odd which was a little too fast). The emulation is pretty much perfect, I've completed a few games on it (Resident Evil for instance) and FFVII is running fine.

For the N64 I've used Project64 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project64)in the past and played Zelda and Mario with no problems. 1964 (http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/n64/1964.html)works great as well. A torrent like this (http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/780988/N64_ALL_ROMS_PACK)would be the best way to grab games, just select the ones you want and don't bother donwloading the others.

Adster
06-17-2007, 04:30 AM
7 without a doubt the one that ruined my social and school life

8 was alright but I hated the battle system sitting there for hours drawing speels

9 I felt the game lacked a good dark storyline and the music sucked but it was still alright

10 my 2nd fav this one had me hooked

X-2 the only FF game that sucked ass! and the only game I couldnt be fucked finishing and getting 5 different endings or whatever it has

XII just finished this not long ago I miss the old battle system I think its gone for good :( and I felt the storyline was a bit boring

Fortech
06-17-2007, 11:46 AM
FFXII, cause of the new battling system:)

Cheese
06-18-2007, 08:22 AM
VII is as good as I remember and I'm on disc 2 already, I shan't bother getting all the secrets though.

Adster
06-18-2007, 09:59 AM
wouldn't it be something if they remade that on PS3

but honestly I think what makes it so great and a classic is that the graphics are pretty crap and goofy character looking and that there is no voice overs

thats what makes that game what it is if it was redone fancy and all it wouldnt be the same

mr. nails
06-18-2007, 11:10 AM
X-2 the only FF game that sucked ass!

the games story was dull and quite honestly just not there, but the gameplay was fun as all. i don't care what any of u have to say about that. after u get used to the gameplay put the gameplay mode on super hyper fast mode and go along for the ride. like i said... this game is ONLY great for the gameplay and rememberance of the original X which was a GREAT game on it's own.

Cheese
06-18-2007, 11:21 AM

but honestly I think what makes it so great and a classic is that the graphics are pretty crap and goofy character looking and that there is no voice overs

thats what makes that game what it is if it was redone fancy and all it wouldnt be the same

Have you seen the tech demo of the FFVII intro on PS3?

Though there are no plans to remake it currently I'd imagine they must be tempted. Nicen up the graphics, update the combat system and edit in a resurrect-Aeris sidequest and you'd have a bestseller.

Busyman™
06-18-2007, 11:32 AM

Have you seen the tech demo of the FFVII intro on PS3?

Though there are no plans to remake it currently I'd imagine they must be tempted. Nicen up the graphics, update the combat system and edit in a resurrect-Aeris sidequest and you'd have a bestseller.

Hell with a new battle system, I'd buy it.

In fact I don't see why they wouldn't remake all the old ones.

Hell I see how the first Prince Of Persia was remade for the 360 so it could work.

Adster
06-18-2007, 02:26 PM
VII is also the only game that a character has died!! its what also made it a Superior game to the rest

new battle system?? no I prefer the turn based to the FF XII new style seems like its all going WOW style RPGs for some reason seems to be the future.

Cheese
06-18-2007, 03:52 PM
I think there has been a few deaths of playable characters in the FF games. Off the top of my head:

In Final Fantasy V Galuf dies after fighting Ex-Death.

You can kill Shadow off in VI if you don't wait for him on the Floating Continent.

Also in V if you win the last battle any incapacitated characters stay dead and you get a different ending depending on who "died".

Busyman™
06-18-2007, 07:07 PM
VII is also the only game that a character has died!! its what also made it a Superior game to the rest

new battle system?? no I prefer the turn based to the FF XII new style seems like its all going WOW style RPGs for some reason seems to be the future.

I absolutely hate turn-based. KOTOR stylee is the best to me.

Adster
06-19-2007, 02:37 AM
Yeah each to their own

I remember when I first played FF7 I was like wtf hes just starnding there what do I do ? :lol:
I just love the turn based becaue its unique

Shadow hearts is another great RPG game its a different turn based done on a timing ring which is different

kotor is good as well but what I dont like about it is you cant control your other characters you can only use one at a time

NsJ
06-19-2007, 06:27 AM
My favorite is FF9. I have played FF7 too, but i didn't like that i had to play it on PC. I love console so my favorite part is 9, because i have it on PS1 :)

Cheese
06-20-2007, 07:56 PM
I completed VII. That battle at the end with Sethiroth is tedious if you're lowly powered. He cast that galaxy destroying spell 8 times, annoying because the cinematic for the spell lasts about half hour and you can't skip it.

Cheese
06-21-2007, 10:38 AM
http://www.duelinganalogs.com/comics/2005-11-24.png

Adster
06-22-2007, 08:35 AM
thats sick but fucking funny :lol:

Adster

Adster

Adster
06-22-2007, 08:36 AM

asus911
06-22-2007, 10:20 PM
VII rock

thesixthsensor
06-28-2007, 09:00 PM
a good final fantasy game doesnt exist.

TheGeneral
07-08-2007, 06:30 AM
aiz FF7, gotta love da storyline and they even made a movie after it!

Snee
07-08-2007, 10:26 PM
I bought the seventh first, and it's the only one I ever bothered playing all the way through, finding out I've missed secrets tends to drive me nigh on insane, and I end up feeling this weird compulsion to replay from an earlier save just to get everything.

Bought VIII (which was boring as fuck after a bit, especially the card game), IX and X as well, but after FFVII my heart just wasn't in it, although FFVII was a brilliant game and one of my all time favourites. Not that I'm willing to play it again or owt, it'd just suck me in.

Busyman™
07-08-2007, 10:37 PM
I bought the seventh first, and it's the only one I ever bothered playing all the way through

Same here.

ESPN
07-08-2007, 11:47 PM
fu*king retards....the best has yet to "cum".....Final Fantasy XXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BILLY-THE-FISH
07-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics Rocked!!!
I loved it...

MtvcTumI
07-12-2007, 03:09 AM
ff 11 is my favorite because it's a mmorpg and things are always changing

game is not static so that makes it much better.

SalsaMan
07-13-2007, 01:36 AM
FFVII... first PS1 game I ever owned. Never been that addicted to leveling up in game, ever.

Xanzou
07-14-2007, 04:47 AM
My favorite has been Final Fantasy X, and VI which was III over here

s0mah
07-14-2007, 08:18 AM
imo not a legit poll when the only option for Tactics is other. :(