PDA

View Full Version : Question About Adding A New Hdd

gbfan
06-16-2003, 06:13 AM
Okay I would also like to add another hd, but i was wondering if i could rearrange the letters assigned to each drive. See I have a 60 gig hd partitioned for backup reasons. So I have a C:\ and D:\ drives off the bat add my cd-rom which is E:\ and the floppy drive F:\. I would like to add another hd and make it drive E:\ then switch cd-rom to F:\ and then floppy to G:\. Can i do this if so how?
Thx 4 ne help :D

adamp2p
06-16-2003, 06:24 AM
No, that HD is a good choice.

gbfan
06-16-2003, 06:28 AM
No to me or him? :huh:

Lamsey
06-16-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by velcrom@14 June 2003 - 14:02
Thanks to all for your expertise

I have ordered my drive [ as I couldn't find one to download - even on e mule  :P ]

This is the one I got

Western Digital Caviar SE 40Gb UIDE 100 7200rpm 8mb Cache Disk Drive

Now you're all going to tell me it's c**p  :huh:
Excellent choice, in my opinion.

You should have a look at the Hardware Verifieds here though - there's some good stuff. Here's an example:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stacymouse/mshardware.jpg

vivitron 15
06-16-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by gbfan@16 June 2003 - 06:13
Okay I would also like to add another hd, but i was wondering if i could rearrange the letters assigned to each drive. See I have a 60 gig hd partitioned for backup reasons. So I have a C:\ and D:\ drives off the bat add my cd-rom which is E:\ and the floppy drive F:\. I would like to add another hd and make it drive E:\ then switch cd-rom to F:\ and then floppy to G:\. Can i do this if so how?
Thx 4 ne help :D
install partition magic 8, and it'll do all of this nice and easy (hell, if i can do it, anyone can :P )

look about in verifieds, sure its there !

gbfan
06-16-2003, 06:08 PM
Okay Thx man. It'll be a little while before I can tell you of any results as i am poor white trash and i'm going for the 200 gig extra hd, but i will let you know of any results when i can. :D