PDA

View Full Version : Oh And Guess What....

Busyman™
06-07-2007, 10:49 PM
The NHL Championship is over.

Anaheim won.

That is all.

Canada has now been shut out of the Stanley Cup for 14 straight years.

DefX
06-07-2007, 10:55 PM
Yeah, I just saw it over at SportsCenter earlier. Not nearly as much airtime exposure as the other 3 major sports.

SHUVT
06-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Poor Ducks... Paris Hilton got more coverage last night than they did.

DefX
06-07-2007, 11:13 PM
Oh it aint the Ducks. Its hockey in general. I would say its the least watched sport in US out of the 4 major ones.

Busyman™
06-07-2007, 11:23 PM
Oh it aint the Ducks. Its hockey in general. I would say its the least watched sport in US out of the 4 major ones.

Of course it is. In fact, so much so that it isn't even a major sport.

It's quite telling when a playoff game (or was a Stanley Cup finals game) gets the lowest rating in NBC history.

Some show about burgers got a higher rating.:happy:

JordoR
06-08-2007, 02:30 AM
Stupid Ducks... They didn't even deserve to win. lol well they did with their play but im just upset about the fact that their fans don't give two shits about the game. Before the game was over A LOT of people had already left the stadium. I mean come on, your team just won the championship at least stay for a bit of the celebrating. psshh.. :dry:

DefX
06-08-2007, 02:52 AM
^^^
oh what a canadian hockey fan wouldnt give for a stanley cup.... :lol:

I can certainly understand your frustrations. Anaheim fans aren't exactly known for passionate fans. ffs, the one time their team got into the World Series, all they could come up with was a fucking rally monkey.

Busyman™
06-08-2007, 03:29 AM
^^^
oh what a canadian hockey fan wouldnt give for a stanley cup.... :lol:

I can certainly understand your frustrations. Anaheim fans aren't exactly known for passionate fans. ffs, the one time their team got into the World Series, all they could come up with was a fucking rally monkey.

Not to mention that the hockey is in the Sun Belt.

j2k4
06-08-2007, 11:55 PM

Anaheim won.

That is all.

So why are you going apeshit about it then. :whistling

Busyman™
06-09-2007, 10:42 AM

Anaheim won.

That is all.

True dat.

Oh and guess what...........

The MLB draft was on recently...

j2k4
06-09-2007, 07:34 PM

True dat.

Oh and guess what...........

The MLB draft was on recently...

The what? :dabs:

DefX
06-09-2007, 07:40 PM
To say that the MLB draft pales in comparison as far as publicity goes compared to the NFL and NBA drafts is a severe understatement.

My question is, has it always been this way? Or did it just begin in the 90's and onwards.

Busyman™
06-09-2007, 08:06 PM
To say that the MLB draft pales in comparison as far as publicity goes compared to the NFL and NBA drafts is a severe understatement.

My question is, has it always been this way? Or did it just begin in the 90's and onwards.

It's always been that way.

One reason is that college baseball is not on most folks radar screen.

Friendly Fire
06-09-2007, 11:25 PM
Werent you talking about hockey? I actually followed the finals for the first time ever. I wasnt much into hockey till this year. I thought the games were pretty good and i feel the better team won.

Anaheim has a great balance of power and talent. I was expecting a little more from the Sens after how great they played in the playoffs. Things really didnt go their way. Maybe next year.

j2k4
06-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Hockey takes up a very small crescent at the very top of my radar screen.

I've barely noticed it since the strike a while back...

DefX
06-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Maybe its just me but I find NHL's regular season the most redundant among the four major sports. What I mean is the fact that teams with the most wins in the regular season dont really get a significant advantage come playoff time. All they get is 1 more home game than the other team and it seems like the venue of an NHL game is too irrelevant at least compared to NBA, NFL and MLB. Maybe I'm wrong but i can recall more instances where the top seeds in NHL playoffs fell to the underdogs than the other 3 sports.

Busyman™
06-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Werent you talking about hockey?

Yeah, but it was mainly sports stuff that's on almost no one's radar.