PDA

View Full Version : Flac Files

thewizeard
06-09-2007, 11:24 PM
Any one know what the best format is to convert to mp3s, and what soft-ware? :)

If there is anyone , please check your pm box, ..not saying there is ...

Proper Bo
06-09-2007, 11:29 PM
i use dbpoweramp

suprafreak6
06-09-2007, 11:34 PM
i use dbpoweramp

as do i...and have been for the longest time

GepperRankins
06-09-2007, 11:34 PM
http://lame.sourceforge.net/links.php

thewizeard
06-09-2007, 11:38 PM
Right, thank you, now, I want to bring them back up to flac, how do I do that..oh and when I convert them to say 192 or higher, how can I check the actual quality...?

Dr.Pretentious
06-09-2007, 11:40 PM
Right, so you converted some FLAC files to MP3 and now you want to convert them back.

I don't know why I ever needed more proof that you're a complete mentalist.

Proper Bo
06-09-2007, 11:41 PM
:lol:

Alien5
06-09-2007, 11:43 PM
i use dbpoweramp same

thewizeard
06-09-2007, 11:45 PM
Funily enough, I was just thinking out loud and my computer posted that without me having any physical contact with me keyboard...

thewizeard
06-09-2007, 11:46 PM
It's been going on for some time now.. it's a handicap like..

Alien5
06-09-2007, 11:52 PM
Right, thank you, now, I want to bring them back up to flac, how do I do that..oh and when I convert them to say 192 or higher, how can I check the actual quality...? you can use audiochecker to find the quality or gspot

http://www.dester.hu/ for audiochecker

thewizeard
06-10-2007, 12:00 AM
Right, thank you, now, I want to bring them back up to flac, how do I do that..oh and when I convert them to say 192 or higher, how can I check the actual quality...? you can use audiochecker to find the quality or gspot

http://www.dester.hu/ for audiochecker

This is getting interesting, could you continue and explain gspots?

Alien5
06-10-2007, 12:09 AM
:ermm: ermm....

thewizeard
06-10-2007, 12:09 AM
Any one know what the best format is to convert to mp3s, and what soft-ware? :)

If there is anyone , please check your pm box, ..not saying there is ...

..Did you realise the last 4 words were in code and according to one of two famous number systems, add up to 72 . Also if you subtract one from the other you end up with?

Alien5
06-10-2007, 12:45 AM
confusion? :unsure:

SKGunners
06-10-2007, 03:52 AM
i use dbpoweramp sameMe too.

thewizeard
06-10-2007, 05:45 AM
OK, the software I am aware of, now how about the best format?

mbucari1
06-10-2007, 06:02 AM
OK, the software I am aware of, now how about the best format?I prefer flac to listen to at home, but do use mp3's for my portable player. To convert them, I use a program called WINLAME. (http://winlame.sourceforge.net/) It is a Lame encoder w/ a nice interface and open source. It is very self explanatory. Just drag and drop files or directories, and choose how to convert them. I usually use variable bitrate w/ quality set to 2 and standard encoding quality.

thewizeard
06-10-2007, 06:17 AM
OK, the software I am aware of, now how about the best format?I prefer flac to listen to at home, but do use mp3's for my portable player. To convert them, I use a program called WINLAME. (http://winlame.sourceforge.net/) It is a Lame encoder w/ a nice interface and open source. It is very self explanatory. Just drag and drop files or directories, and choose how to convert them. I usually use variable bitrate w/ quality set to 2 and standard encoding quality.

/me always ignores advice from (ex) traders, especially those that show little understanding toward Skweeky; still you might come in handy in case JPaul or manker suddenly pop - up.. perhaps you could continue after all. I am a constant bit rate man myself, colons aside...

Anyway, I always thought flac concerned collateral damage.

mbucari1
06-10-2007, 06:36 AM
I prefer flac to listen to at home, but do use mp3's for my portable player. To convert them, I use a program called WINLAME. (http://winlame.sourceforge.net/) It is a Lame encoder w/ a nice interface and open source. It is very self explanatory. Just drag and drop files or directories, and choose how to convert them. I usually use variable bitrate w/ quality set to 2 and standard encoding quality.

/me always ignores advice from (ex) traders, especially those that show little understanding toward Skweeky; still you might come in handy in case JPaul or manker suddenly pop - up.. perhaps you could continue after all. I am a constant bit rate man myself, colons aside...

Anyway, I always thought flac concerned collateral damage.Take my input or leave it, I don't really care. If you don't want help from me, maybe you can get it from the guide (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-guides-and-tutorials-65/t-making-high-quality-mp3-files-7732) that's been posted in the guides section for years.

thewizeard
06-10-2007, 06:40 AM
I noticed a hardening in your tone! Also this thread was indeed a coded thread for someone who refuses to check his pm box. I actually know the answer and the answer is never change flac files they are great and it's a shame. We are in the time of broadband right? Who needs stingy 128s and recodes?

mbucari1
06-10-2007, 06:46 AM
I noticed a hardening in your tone! Also this thread was indeed a coded thread for someone who refuses to check his pm box. I actually know the answer and the answer is never change flac files they are great and it's a shame. We are in the time of broadband right? Who needs stingy 128s and recodes?Yes, my tone is hardening because you've been on my case for days now.

As for never changing flac to mp3, I totally agree. Disk space and bandwidth are cheap, so there should be no reason to need mp3's anymore. I don't download them if I can avoid it.

thewizeard
06-10-2007, 06:52 AM
I noticed a hardening in your tone! Also this thread was indeed a coded thread for someone who refuses to check his pm box. I actually know the answer and the answer is never change flac files they are great and it's a shame. We are in the time of broadband right? Who needs stingy 128s and recodes?Yes, my tone is hardening because you've been on my case for days now.

As for never changing flac to mp3, I totally agree. Disk space and bandwidth are cheap, so there should be no reason to need mp3's anymore. I don't download them if I can avoid it.

Good gracious we agree on something..I really must check my priciples now..you have me cornered mbucari1 :)

mbucari1
06-10-2007, 06:55 AM
Yes, my tone is hardening because you've been on my case for days now.

Good gracious we agree on something..I really must check my principles now..you have me cornered mbucari1 :)lol

PS. I corrected the spelling of "principles" (assuming that's what you meant)

thewizeard
06-10-2007, 06:57 AM
...erm I am even getting to like you ffs..this is all too much for me, all in one day.

mbucari1
06-10-2007, 07:00 AM
...erm I am even getting to like you ffs..this is all too much for me, all in one day.Don't be upset, it's happened to the best of them. Resist as they try, they eventually all become members of my fan club :)

PM me your email if you would like to subscribe to my weekly newsletter.

thewizeard
06-10-2007, 07:04 AM
...erm I am even getting to like you ffs..this is all too much for me, all in one day.Don't be upset, it's happened to the best of them. Resist as they try, they eventually all become members of my fan club :)

mensap2p.com@gmail .com ...( never miss a chance to spam it)

@ re fan club...You are yourself female..I didn't realise that! You may have my cell phone number too..

mbucari1
06-10-2007, 07:09 AM
[quote=mbucari1;2049228]Don't be upset, it's happened to the best of them. Resist as they try, they eventually all become members of my fan club :)

mensap2p.com@gmail .com ...( never miss a chance to spam it)[/qoute]
Will do :D

@ re fan club...You are yourself female..I didn't realise that! You may have my cell phone number too..Where did you hear that??!! Those damn doctors are gonna get a call from my lawyer. Patient confidentiality my ass!!

thewizeard
06-11-2007, 05:56 AM
[quote]@ re fan club...You are yourself female..I didn't realise that! You may have my cell phone number too..Where did you hear that??!! Those damn doctors are gonna get a call from my lawyer. Patient confidentiality my ass!!

..From your lawyer.. :)

mbucari1
06-11-2007, 06:11 AM
[quote=thewizeard;2049233]

Where did you hear that??!! Those damn doctors are gonna get a call from my lawyer. Patient confidentiality my ass!!

..From your lawyer.. :)Leo told you that? sob

thewizeard
06-11-2007, 06:18 AM
He did; he also said you are platinum blonde and available.

mbucari1
06-11-2007, 06:27 AM
He did; he also said you are platinum blonde and available.Oh my! Are you interested?:wub:

Why don't you drop me a line and we can get to know each other a LOT better.:lips:

I'll be waiting...

thewizeard
06-11-2007, 06:45 AM
I am not into blondes I prefer something with more body and common sence.

mbucari1
06-11-2007, 12:04 PM
I am not into blondes I prefer something with more body and common sence.Bitch!

Barbarossa
06-11-2007, 12:10 PM
i use dbpoweramp

as do i...and have been for the longest time

Is it excessively slow :blink:

thewizeard
06-11-2007, 07:53 PM
What then is the best format. I was considering using Adobe.Audition.v2.0-ZWTiSO ... now I need a guide... My own mp3 files are mostly ripped to 192 KBS or 320 KBs. (CBR)

Proper Bo
06-11-2007, 08:06 PM
As far as I'm aware, FLAC files are lossless files. If you encode a file from mp3 to FLAC it will just be an oversized mp3 with no quality increase as it was already compressed to whatever bitrate to begin with.

Also, adobe audition isn't what you want for simply converting files, it can do it but it's more for audio production (ie you'd barely be using any of the program's features). There are a lot simpler programs which will convert stuff.

Alien5
06-11-2007, 08:27 PM
an mp3 of a flac is shite

a flac of an mp3 is also shite

a flac from anything cd quality upwards is what you need.

mbucari1
06-11-2007, 08:30 PM
an mp3 of a flac is shite

a flac of an mp3 is also shite

a flac from anything cd quality upwards is what you need.
Well said :). I likes me lossless

thewizeard
06-11-2007, 10:21 PM
As far as I'm aware, FLAC files are lossless files. If you encode a file from mp3 to FLAC it will just be an oversized mp3 with no quality increase as it was already compressed to whatever bitrate to begin with.

Also, adobe audition isn't what you want for simply converting files, it can do it but it's more for audio production (ie you'd barely be using any of the program's features). There are a lot simpler programs which will convert stuff.

Thanks Bo :)

What I did read somwhere is that with that proggy, I can check the quality of my files.. for recodes etc...

Dr.Pretentious
06-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Is the Dreamweaver joke still funny?

Proper Bo
06-11-2007, 10:29 PM

Thanks Bo :)

What I did read somwhere is that with that proggy, I can check the quality of my files.. for recodes etc...

You can but it's way more than you'd need for simply encoding files, it's basically an audio production/multitracker program...
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/2612/untitledrc3.jpg
...not what you're looking for unless you're planning on editing the music itself.

Proper Bo
06-11-2007, 10:32 PM
What you want is dBpowerAMP, it's nice and simple to use too
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/9642/untitledne2.jpg

Barbarossa
06-12-2007, 08:48 AM

Yes, yes it is, but not as funny as calling someone a massive gay :smilie4:

Snee
06-12-2007, 08:49 AM
Pics.

Dr.Pretentious
06-12-2007, 09:47 AM

Yes, yes it is, but not as funny as calling someone a massive gay :smilie4:

Oh, that reminds me. Have you fixed the unread posts button yet?

Barbarossa
06-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Gorgeous blondes up against the wall, ftw.

Dr.Pretentious
06-12-2007, 10:44 AM
It's Lucy Punch.

It's to show that my taste in women is much finer than you massive gays.

Dr.Pretentious
06-12-2007, 10:57 AM
It's Lucy Punch.

There needs to be an apostrophe on the end there.

thewizeard
06-12-2007, 02:46 PM
It's Lucy Punch.

There needs to be an apostrophe on the end there.

That might be true, I think you should have added a link to Skweeky's A complete guide to English language . http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-lounge-10/t-a-complete-guide-english-language-189519/page4#post2053804

The reason being is clear. First you are off-topic and two off -thread...

thewizeard
06-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Thanks Proper Bo, I could actually understand what you said . So the interface looks logical so I will try it. It's a program you have to pay for I thought. So next I need to know who has dBpowerAMP Pro shared

Oh and the best format to convert to? :) I was thinking either 192 CBR or 320 CBR

Proper Bo
06-12-2007, 04:49 PM
I use mp3 (usually 192kbs).
It makes most sense for me because they don't take too much hard disk space (adds up to a lot when you've got about 15,000 tracks), they work on my pda/dvd player/car radio etc. and unless you've got a stupendously fantastical sound system, you won't be able to tell much (if any) difference between a high bitrate mp3 and a FLAC file.

thewizeard
06-22-2007, 08:27 AM
I bet if I trans-coded one flac file into an mp3, 192 or even higher; musicmaster, callum and Rocktron, would remove me from their friends lists on SoulSeek.... still for angels that do fear to tread, I would still like to learn how to use this dBpowerAMP.... Proper Bo, cheers m8

Mr JP Fugley
06-22-2007, 08:47 AM
It makes most sense for me because they don't take too much hard disk space (adds up to a lot when you've got about 15,000 tracks), they work on my pda/dvd player/car radio etc. and unless you've got a stupendously fantastical sound system, you won't be able to tell much (if any) difference between a high bitrate mp3 and a FLAC file.

That's by far the most sensible post you have ever made. By a long, long way.

Either that or I've caught idiot.

Barbarossa
06-22-2007, 09:31 AM

That's by far the most sensible post you have ever made. By a long, long way.

Either that or I've caught idiot.

I don't think so, unless we've both caught idiot, and I don't see how that can have happened. :blink:

Mr JP Fugley
06-22-2007, 09:38 AM
It is sexually transmitted ... so.

thewizeard
06-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Proper Bo could be visiting Lamsey..that could be a possible explanation..

Mr JP Fugley
06-22-2007, 11:03 AM
Nah, Lamsey refuses any contact with people from this forum. He says we disgust him big-style.

thewizeard
06-22-2007, 11:06 AM
Erm Lilmiss then, Proper Bo is actually Lilmiss in disguise?

Proper Bo
06-22-2007, 02:03 PM
:eyebrows:

thewizeard
06-22-2007, 02:09 PM
If we mention that Newcastle United is a rubbish football team, we will know for certain..