PDA

View Full Version : Sopranos Season Finale

Busyman™
06-11-2007, 01:24 AM
Tony shouldn't die.

There should be a feature film.

The Sopranos already have a huge fan base.

A decent mafia film hasn't been out in awhile.

It's a no-brainer.

WHRST
06-11-2007, 04:07 AM
series finale is it? my might DL the whole series then, but if there is going to be another season i will wait probably

Busyman™
06-11-2007, 10:07 AM
series finale is it? my might DL the whole series then, but if there is going to be another season i will wait probably

There isn't.

This was known last year.

Adster
06-11-2007, 01:03 PM
SPOILER

strange ending but I thought it was a perfect ending Life is going on

AJ still bitchs about his job Tonys sister still a pain Medow has the same problems

and at the end I know some people are going to think the entire family is about to be bumped off but might thoughts are when Tony looks up its just that everything is the same hes paranoid still for his daughter and all

Skiz
06-11-2007, 11:15 PM
SPOILER

AJ still bitchs about his job Tonys sister still a pain Medow has the same problems

and at the end I know some people are going to think the entire family is about to be bumped off but might thoughts are when Tony looks up its just that everything is the same hes paranoid still for his daughter and all

I don't think he lived at all. :huh:

They made a point to show the flashback twice, where Bobby and Tony are sitting in the boat talking about getting whacked. Bobby mentions that he wonders if most guys even know if it happens, and says something to the effect of, "If it were me, I wouldn't want to know....one in the back of the head when I'm not lookin'".

So that's what I think happened in the last scene. I think the guy (sitting at the bar area) was waiting for the whole family to get their so that he could kill them all. As soon as Meadow walks in, he kills Tony and that's why the screen just goes black - he never saw it coming and never knew what hit him.

Busyman™
06-11-2007, 11:37 PM
SPOILER

I don't think he lived at all. :huh:

They made a point to show the flashback twice, where Bobby and Tony are sitting in the boat talking about getting whacked. Bobby mentions that he wonders if most guys even know if it happens, and says something to the effect of, "If it were me, I wouldn't want to know....one in the back of the head when I'm not lookin'".

So that's what I think happened in the last scene. I think the guy (sitting at the bar area) was waiting for the whole family to get their so that he could kill them all. As soon as Meadow walks in, he kills Tony and that's why the screen just goes black - he never saw it coming and never knew what hit him.

I'm telling you they are going to make a feature film. It just makes sense.

In fact there could be more than one movie.

Here we have an easy mafia film franchise. They wouldn't throw that away.

Based on the ending, I wouldn't read too much into it. I think that was done on purpose to leave wiggle room on the Sopranos' future.

Adster
06-12-2007, 01:06 AM
its very debatable which is why he made this ending so we can talk about it forever

But listen to the song also in the background about Normal. everything is just normal and will never change its just normal life for Tony and the family

jeez we dont even know if Sil survives from the coma!

WHRST
06-12-2007, 07:24 AM
do i need to watch the whole series to understand the finale? i can dl them and i already have season 1 but never got around to watching it.

100%
06-12-2007, 07:52 AM
I saw the first half of season six, up until the Christmasy ending.
At which torrent does the final half start?
is it The Sopranos S06E11 or 12 or?
I deleted the rest so can't remember where to start.
thanks

xbawksz
06-12-2007, 02:00 PM
ep 13 - 21 is the second half of season 6.

i think they left the ending open because a movie will probably be made to tie up all the loose ends. Remember, Junior is still alive, we don't find out what happen's with Phil's family after he is killed, Sil is still in the hospital and we never found out if he survives that.

there are plenty of oppertunities for a movie. i dont think tony died cause the sopranos was not shown in a first person fashion revolving around tony. if it was then the blackout at the end when he is "whacked" would make sense but it's not. If he was killed then it would make sense for them to just show it and not just have him black out.

That's my theory

Busyman™
06-12-2007, 05:08 PM
I don't understand why folks automatically think he was whacked.

All you is a guy look over in Tony's direction and then go to the bathroom.

:dabs:

I also hate how Steve Czaben (local sports radio) says that Sopranos was one of the best series ever made.

Uhhhh...no.

If I missed an episode it was no big deal.

drgnomb
06-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Has anyone considered that maybe it was the audience that got whacked in the end? I know it's a weird suggestion, but the writers of the Sopranos are outside the box in a lot of their eps....

Busyman™
06-12-2007, 10:05 PM
If this is really the end of the Sopranos, meaning no feature film, then the ending sucked BIG TIME.

100%
06-12-2007, 10:11 PM
ep 13 - 21 is the second half of season 6.

Adster
06-14-2007, 03:10 PM
well I think it has been the best TV series ive ever seen and really its the only TV series ive watched the last few years to be honest

I dont like how Phil was killed by the FBI was expected a big showdown with Tony that was dissapointing

but have a look at some shocking last EPs look at Oz that was terrible

xbawksz
06-16-2007, 05:03 AM

I also hate how Steve Czaben (local sports radio) says that Sopranos was one of the best series ever made.

Uhhhh...no.

what series is better than the sopranos? im curious because i think the sopranos is the best tv series out there and i wanna know if theres something close to it.

thorus
06-16-2007, 03:20 PM
great movie

Busyman™
06-16-2007, 08:41 PM

Uhhhh...no.

what series is better than the sopranos? im curious because i think the sopranos is the best tv series out there and i wanna know if theres something close to it.

The Wire
Babylon 5
X-Files

I could go on easily

Again, there was nothing about the Sopranos that made it a "can't miss an episode" typa show.

Hell I canceled HBO before the series was over.

The Wire is much better imo (except maybe season 2). I hate missing any episode. Something significant happens all the time.

This character, Omar, is gay.:pinch:

kCaoMj5veyw

and here someone setup both to go at each other. Omar's boyfriend was mangled (eyeball hanging out).

It's weird. Brother Mouzone is in the NOI but is an assassin.

m5Pb8MHIy2s

another

20G17K_0ghU

8gLvic55FXs

These aren't even main characters in the show.

The Wire is the shit. Sopranos....as brats say, meh.

This part made me kinda sad. Wallace got hooked on drugs that he supposed to sell then left the area for awhile (and dried out) then his dumbass came back. Well he was marked and own boys had to kill him. He was quite young and was the only one taking care of his younger siblings.:(

hor_gOBU_GU

How to buy a nail gun. This uhhhh...girl, Snoop, ain't really acting. It's all natural.

2dyd8HsR7Xc

another

shs_JZ38SU8

Omar robbed drug dealers so all the inmates hated him. He's an antihero.

So okay would I rather watch Sopranos with boring ass Dr. Melfi or Meadow and Anthony's little problems or watch The Wire.

It's a no-brainer. People come to work asking, "Did you see The Wire last night?!" No one really raised a stink about the Sopranos besides the finale and that kinda sucked.

xbawksz
06-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Guess it's just a matter of opinion, because based on that post and those clips the wire doesn't seem anywhere near as interesting as the sopranos.

Busyman™
06-17-2007, 03:19 PM
Guess it's just a matter of opinion, because based on that post and those clips the wire doesn't seem anywhere near as interesting as the sopranos.

True dat. Tony's wife's spec house or AJ's problems in school or Tony visiting Dr. Melfi again or Dr. Melfi visiting a shrink or....

those are far more interesting.

What's funny about those clips is that they really are just the tip of the iceberg....really.

The Wire has rival kingpins, Omar who steals from all of them, the cops that are tapping the drug dealers, the mayor and all the politics around it, the top cops that have to deal with the politics of the mayor and co., the baltimore dock workers, and the education systems kids and teachers that have to deal with it....all intertwined together and it's not done like Traffic (boring).

The show was created by a former Baltimore City cop turned teacher.