PDA

View Full Version : Lost Planet PC

Shiranai_Baka
06-12-2007, 03:46 AM
Did you guys try out the demo? I turned everything on max (1920x1200 resolution here) and my frames dropped all the way down to 6FPS.. WHAT THE HELL IS THAT! THEY BETTER IMPROVE THIS GAME OR SOMETHING BECAUSE THATS BULLSHIT! (I got the DX10 version)

colt45joe
06-12-2007, 07:02 AM
just turn down the settings. :blink:

Cheese
06-12-2007, 08:07 AM
I played the demo, it ran okay but the actual game itself is crap.

Elvenmunky
06-12-2007, 10:53 AM
does it work on xp?

mforcex
06-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Was this game featured on the latest ctrlaltdel comic?

Busyman™
06-12-2007, 12:49 PM
The port is half-assed (I must remember it's a demo).

The game, so far, is shit on the PC. Capcom did a shit port with RE4 too.

The only way I'll get this for PC is if there are some cool extras like more levels.

Shiranai_Baka
06-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Well so far the game feels pretty good, its just that there should be a button to roll because you sometimes need to get the fuck out of a monster's linear path.

Busyman™
06-12-2007, 05:05 PM
Well so far the game feels pretty good, its just that there should be a button to roll because you sometimes need to get the fuck out of a monster's linear path.

It has a weird story though.

I like the spiderman action.

Multiplayer is pretty good also.

I hope Capcom makes a part 2 but tweak it a bit.

Shiranai_Baka
06-12-2007, 09:01 PM
You did see the screen shot comparisons right? Capcom seems to be doing something right at least since they are upping the graphics for PC.

Busyman™
06-12-2007, 09:51 PM
You did see the screen shot comparisons right? Capcom seems to be doing something right at least since they are upping the graphics for PC.

I didn't notice the PC version looking better. However, I'm sure it is.

I can't tell since I play my 360 on a 65" HDTV and my PC is on a 32" monitor.

Shiranai_Baka
06-13-2007, 12:31 AM
Well I'm sure your PC monitor can display a much higher resolution than your HD TV right..?

Busyman™
06-13-2007, 01:32 AM
Well I'm sure your PC monitor can display a much higher resolution than your HD TV right..?

Sure but I don't care.

My HDTV is twice the size and even in the screenshots the bump in graphics is better but negligible.

It is akin to having a 14" super sharp monitor or a 32" decent one.

I'd go for the 32" decent one.

Now if I had a 65" monitor............

Cheese
06-14-2007, 08:32 AM

I'm not sure if a higher resolution or the PC's massively superior graphics capabilities are going to save a game like this. It's a bad console port in my opinion. Which is stupid really, if they made good ports with a few bonus extras they could effectively sell the game twice to 360 owners who also game on their PCs (or, indeed, PC owners who also game on their 360s).

Busyman™
06-14-2007, 12:51 PM

I'm not sure if a higher resolution or the PC's massively superior graphics capabilities are going to save a game like this. It's a bad console port in my opinion. Which is stupid really, if they made good ports with a few bonus extras they could effectively sell the game twice to 360 owners who also game on their PCs (or, indeed, PC owners who also game on their 360s).

I totally agree.

It seems that Capcom basically is passing off the game on PC. They could've done much better with the graphics and/or made it a special edition like other game makers have done.

They didn't even bother with Windows Live.:ermm:

Now I'll bite my tongue if the final has the extras and the bugs fuck off.

edit: I'm going to try the Vista (DX10) version and see if that's better. If it is then it's just a case of pushing DX10 and Vista and leaving DX9 in the wind.:dry: