PDA

View Full Version : ASUS DVD_RW problem

medo
06-14-2007, 02:56 PM
my DVD-RW stopped recognizing discs but it still shown on my computer and bios page i tried to change the IDE cable 3 times. i downloaded the latest firmware from asus website and the dvd rw started to recognize some of my DVDs only :huh: and the rest of my DVDs didn't work. i tried them on anothe DVD-rom and they worked fine
the problem is with DVDs only not CDs.
i made speedtest with nero , it was very slow with the working DVDs about 17x
i changed my operating system many times between XP 32bit - XP 64bit - windows server 2003
i don't know what is the problem .... any suggestions ..

peat moss
06-15-2007, 12:26 AM
This is where you have to be careful as frustration comes in to play . Example is I had a similar problem and bought a new DVD -RW only to find out it was my PSU acting up . I would suggest trying a friends dvd -rw in your system first .

medo
06-15-2007, 12:35 AM
i tried my dvd rw on a friend's computer and it was the same

peat moss
06-15-2007, 12:40 AM
Then the drive may be faulty and their very cheap right now , I like LG but Liteon is a good choice too . Back away from the Sony or Asus brand .

lynx
06-15-2007, 12:56 AM
Peat moss is about right here, but I've experienced the Liteon drives and although they are fast I find them to be rather noisy, not what you want if you are trying to watch a DVD.

medo
06-15-2007, 01:08 AM
I think i am gonna buy LG one

thanks guys for your help :)

ulun64
06-16-2007, 02:53 AM
Don't get LG unless you know it very well it's comes with proper warranty.

I got cases where LG refuse to accept warranty for their products cos it was not sold by their authorised distributor :(

peat moss
06-16-2007, 03:13 AM
Don't get LG unless you know it very well it's comes with proper warranty.

I got cases where LG refuse to accept warranty for their products cos it was not sold by their authorised distributor :(

Well that sucks as these days most people buy online , can't speak for your countries Medo , ulun64 , can say I'v never had a problem tho . Rule of thumb is all ways buy OEM as you don't need the packaging , software , (Nero , Roxio both suck ) , jumpers, cables , or manual . :)