PDA

View Full Version : Failed my driving test... Again :(

tralalala
06-15-2007, 07:06 AM
:cry: Yesterday morning I went out for my second driving test (it's cool, hardly any pass their first test). I know I was ready, and had a literally perfect test, until I reached a roundabout where there was a long traffic jam, no probs. Was my turn to cross the roundabout, when during me crossing it, the tester told me to drive faster, and he used the accelerator. Now, just as he was doing this, I had the clutch down ready to go into second gear, therefor he didn't actually do anything with the car, and life went on...
Later on that day my instructor told me I failed, and the tester wrote he accelerated and "saved" us from an accident, which as I explained just before ,is total bullshit.

Anyhow, I wouldn't even mind doing 50 tests, but thing is, here every driving lesson costs around 13 quid, and the test costs about 50 quid.
I feel like a leech taking the money from my parents who keep telling me not to worry about the money, but it's ruined my whole weekend, thinking I'm screwing my parents off with money that some bitches in the government want from innocent driving students. :(:(:(

mbucari1
06-15-2007, 12:01 PM
sorry about tha man :(. I failed my first and was devastated. But you'll forget about it when you pass.

BTW, what is Israeli currency? I know "quid" is British slang for pound and Irish slang for Euro.

tralalala
06-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Shekel... 1 British Pound ("quid") is roughly 8.1 Shekels...

And yeah I know it won't matter once I get the license, but till then it's pretty annoying :dabs:

Virtualbody1234
06-15-2007, 12:49 PM
... I feel like a leech taking the money from my parents...

I suggest you go get a job. Driving can be expensive. Especially if you get into accidents. :dabs:

100%
06-15-2007, 01:17 PM
basic rule of driving = go with the flow.

Pilgrim22
06-15-2007, 01:52 PM
basic rule of driving = go with the flow.

if you were around here, you would be doing 80MPH, keeping up with all the stolen cars and the police chases :lol:

tralalala
06-15-2007, 04:13 PM
@VB: That is exactly what I'm planning to do this summer.. God when I got the message I failed I was so damn gutted.. made me feel like a little drop in the sea of people that are failed this way :dabs:

SaveFerris
06-16-2007, 12:26 AM
If what you said is exactly true and you left nothing out then is there no way you can appeal that? It's quite silly if it's true.

nat
06-16-2007, 03:40 AM
@VB: That is exactly what I'm planning to do this summer.. God when I got the message I failed I was so damn gutted.. made me feel like a little drop in the sea of people that are failed this way :dabs:

No worries dude, happened to me as well. I felt so downcast when I found out I failed, not so much depressed but really annoyed like I could have made it. In the end I got my license and you will too.

slim150
06-16-2007, 04:03 AM
woot i finally know what a quid is.. they always reference it in my sherlock holmes dvds.. and i've googled it to no avail.

ps.. i turned off my ignition before putting it into park and i still passed on my first try!

tralalala
06-16-2007, 01:26 PM
@SaveFerris - You can appeal, but all it does is take you to court, and if you win (big IF), then all you get is a free test next time, and the whole process takes about 2 months. I will take my next test in 2 weeks.. Hope I will pass this time round :dabs:

lynx
06-17-2007, 12:42 AM
Sounds to me like the examiner thought you were too hesitant.

Take a trip down to Gaza, that should cure any hesitancy. :yup:

tralalala
06-17-2007, 12:42 PM
:lol: How would that cure it..? I couldn't get in there even if I wanted to..

It's not the tests I'm worried about, it's the money... The fuckers fail over nothing and it seems they do it for the money.

SeK612
06-19-2007, 11:41 AM
I took a few months between my first failed test and a retake. I spent the time in between just practicing in the family car and then had a few lessons when the test approached which saved cash.

Must admit the decision does seem harsh. I guess if he was fearful of a crash you may have been in a situation which was bad enough to get a fail mark. For example cars around you may have been impeded and forced to act to prevent a collision.

ahctlucabbuS
06-19-2007, 06:32 PM
Responding to your original post; your government certainly are bitches.

Tough luck on the driving test though.

SpiderPig
06-25-2007, 12:02 AM
Sucks, driving test here in the states are pretty easy. No manuals like yours, and just some parking and 3 point turns.

Brenya
06-27-2007, 03:50 AM
I know someone who failed their driving test by running over the curb just after she turned on her car. :D

So don't feel bad, people have wasted their money for more stupid reasons..

myminpins
07-10-2007, 11:50 AM
Here, the instructors only have brakes, no accelerator and the driving test guy has nothing. It sounds like he was a jerk to you. I'd always rather see someone hesitant than zooming around running into people/things. Sounds like the standards where you are are much more difficult than they are here. Good luck next time :)

tralalala
07-15-2007, 12:41 PM
Have passed it already.. Thanks :)

zapjb
07-15-2007, 01:55 PM
Congrats. And I can't resist saying 3rd time was the charm.

tralalala
07-16-2007, 04:50 PM
:lol: People who pass their driving test on their 3rd go, are secksy. Fact.

Wilton331
07-23-2007, 12:51 AM
Haha, I went the wrong way down a one way street and still passed my drivers test. Got wicked lucky.

lynx
07-23-2007, 08:01 AM
Haha, I went the wrong way down a one way street and still passed my drivers test. Got wicked lucky.
I suspect you passed when you gave the examiner his white stick.

Wilton331
07-23-2007, 02:33 PM
female. with a stub arm.

punki_rach
07-31-2007, 06:35 PM
all the best drivers fail the first time, and even better ones fail the 2nd, 3rd, 4th....time

lynx
07-31-2007, 07:56 PM
Microsoft drivers used to fail constantly.:shifty:

Smith
07-31-2007, 10:18 PM
Dont take driving tests in standard cars..my friend went as far as getting a credit card and renting a automatic car so he wouldnt have to deal with it.

bigboab
08-01-2007, 06:59 AM
Dont take driving tests in standard cars..my friend went as far as getting a credit card and renting a automatic car so he wouldnt have to deal with it.

If you pass your test in an automatic transmission car that is the only type of car that you are allowed to drive on the road.(UK)

Intervene
08-03-2007, 04:05 AM
not to worry man. i've cried, felt like shit before too man.

i've failed 3 times, and going to go book for my 4th when i can.

first mistake, i did 45 in a 40 zone
second mistake i was meant to goto the side of the gutter and do a move, but i hit a bin that was right near the strip
third, was the same road as my first, and did 45 in 40 again. (i soon realised that i had just done the mistake later on)

i know i can drive, its just these small stupid errors. i mean i drove perfectly afterwards when the pressure wasn't on.

so yeah, just doing what i can, desperate to get them before december holidays and it's such a long waiting time when you book:(

Barbarossa
08-03-2007, 08:52 AM
first mistake, i did 45 in a 40 zone
second mistake i was meant to goto the side of the gutter and do a move, but i hit a bin that was right near the strip
third, was the same road as my first, and did 45 in 40 again. (i soon realised that i had just done the mistake later on)

You're a menace on the road :D

tesco
08-05-2007, 03:23 PM

If you pass your test in an automatic transmission car that is the only type of car that you are allowed to drive on the road.(UK)Ya, different in canada.;)

AmpeD
08-08-2007, 02:46 AM
where i am, I took a test (written) to get my instructional permit, and on my 16th bday I walked in and got my license. no driving test ever. no tickets or accidents too!

kazaaman
08-08-2007, 04:17 AM
where i am, I took a test (written) to get my instructional permit, and on my 16th bday I walked in and got my license. no driving test ever. no tickets or accidents too!

I'd be kinda worried if I lived where you were at... :ph34r:

lynx
08-08-2007, 07:54 AM
I'm pretty sure you are supposed to take a driving test in Texas. :blink:

akkk
10-04-2007, 03:57 PM
If you were in my country as you step in the car the instructor tells you you have to give him extra 1/2 of the fee you paid for the course so that you pass from the 1st time. Because if you don't they'll make you fail and pay the full fee again.

tralalala
10-04-2007, 05:23 PM
Well.. all is well, this is kinda old news.. Could be closed to be honest.