PDA

View Full Version : Why do eyes change colour?

jimbo12345
06-17-2007, 01:32 PM
Weirdly, i was blonde hair/blue eyes until i was 10 years old. Then, over the next year, my hair turned dark brown, as did my eyes.

Now, my eyes are more light brown/hazel. After having a walk recently in the bright sunshine recently, my friend said my eyes were very green....i looked int' mirrow and they were, and it wasn't just the light in the room. They change quite a lot, other people have started saying my eyes are turning green a lot recently, and then back to hazel.

I'm not bothered enough to go to the doctor, but wtf is going on? Am i turning into the incredible hulk, or is this normal:01::sick:?

Mr JP Fugley
06-17-2007, 01:39 PM
My eyes change colour depending on the light. I've always assumed it was the way different light conditions light reflected from the pigmentation. I have no idea if that's true, I've just always thought it.

DefX
06-17-2007, 02:15 PM
My nursing professor said its the melanin. Thats all I know as I cant recall anything significant several semesters back.

Mr JP Fugley
06-17-2007, 02:25 PM
So, the pigment then.

snowultra
06-17-2007, 05:34 PM
i have hazel eyes too, and they change.

XTorrenter
06-17-2007, 05:39 PM
My eyes color changes after I take a shower

Busyman™
06-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Weirdly, i was blonde hair/blue eyes until i was 10 years old. Then, over the next year, my hair turned dark brown, as did my eyes.

Now, my eyes are more light brown/hazel. After having a walk recently in the bright sunshine recently, my friend said my eyes were very green....i looked int' mirrow and they were, and it wasn't just the light in the room. They change quite a lot, other people have started saying my eyes are turning green a lot recently, and then back to hazel.

I'm not bothered enough to go to the doctor, but wtf is going on? Am i turning into the incredible hulk, or is this normal:01::sick:?

Hepatitis

Skweeky
06-17-2007, 07:31 PM
There's actually two different explanantions for it.

About 15-20% experience a change of eye colour just before or during puberty, this is because some of the genes that 'decide' your eye colour react with some of the sexual hormones released in your body.

When you experience an eye colour change as an adult, it'll often be less drastic ( as you noticed yourself), the reason for this is, is that your genes are now responding to elements in your environment. (illness, pressure etc... )
It also has a lot to do with protein intake, and what type of protein your body is producing. As JP said, it's the way the pigment reacts, and pigment, in essence is just a type of protein.

Hope that was helpful

Busyman™
06-17-2007, 07:33 PM

About 15-20% experience a change of eye colour just before or during puberty, this is because some of the genes that 'decide' your eye colour react with some of the sexual hormones released in your body.

When you experience an eye colour change as an adult, it'll often be less drastic ( as you noticed yourself), the reason for this is, is that your genes are now responding to elements in your environment. (illness, pressure etc... )
It also has a lot to do with protein intake, and what type of protein your body is producing. As JP said, it's the way the pigment reacts, and pigment, in essence is just a type of protein.

or Hepatitis

Skweeky
06-17-2007, 07:35 PM

or Hepatitis

Wouldn't hurt reading some other people's post before you make another wise ass crack eh:yup: :lol:

Seedler
06-17-2007, 08:19 PM

or Hepatitis

Or AIDS.

Gripper
06-17-2007, 08:29 PM
I find mine go black after a severe blow to the face.

mbucari1
06-17-2007, 08:41 PM
Mine have always been a VERY dark brown, almost black. I haven't ever noticed them change.

GepperRankins
06-17-2007, 10:59 PM
my eyes change depending on my mood.

i wish manker was here to share this moment with me

jimbo12345
06-18-2007, 02:38 AM

or Hepatitis

lmao! Dr Busyman in da house.

jimbo12345
06-18-2007, 02:40 AM
I find mine go black after a severe blow to the face.

Mine goes from deep purple to monkey-sick yellow after a severe blow to the face.

Busyman™
06-18-2007, 02:54 AM
or Hepatitis

Wouldn't hurt reading some other people's post before you make another wise ass crack eh:yup: :lol:

I said Hepatitis furst.:snooty: