PDA

View Full Version : No more nzb posts from me

towerblocks
06-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Seems a few people like to piss and moan about my posts and why i deleted them, When i've stated the reason why i did it, So from now on i'll leave it up to those to post nzbs around the clock like i do, Sorry guys.

mistert5091
06-17-2007, 04:48 PM
mate you do a great job don't listen to those who try to put ya down you way get the good stuff up real fast

MultiForce
06-17-2007, 04:52 PM
I can keep up with the PC games but the rest will be a problem. Takes too much time. There are a couple of more people doing a great job so I cross my fingers.

Guess you made up your mind, so thanks for all the good posts :)

towerblocks
06-17-2007, 05:00 PM
Cheers guys, Well i'll leave up to the people who want me to carry on posting to say so here, If enough people appriciate what i do, I will carry on for them.

Sukh18
06-17-2007, 05:08 PM
Please carry on with your posts. They are much appreciated...

JunkBarMan
06-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Towerblocks I appreciate your posts and hope you will continue them.

DSLFreak
06-17-2007, 05:37 PM
Please don't let a few bad apples spoil it for the rest of us who really appreciate the great job you do here posting nzb's for us.

insertdisk
06-17-2007, 06:30 PM
Thanks for all you have done. You can't go on forever.

As much as you posted it was like a full time job. Good Job.

Gooner71
06-17-2007, 07:05 PM
I appreciate everyones postings - im new to newsgroups and this site and all the posts have been a godsend to me and Im sure many others!!

If you do decide to stop then good luck and thanks ...but .... I hope you reconsider!!

Hetfield
06-17-2007, 07:07 PM
yeah dude keep up the good work ! don't stop because of a few stupid people in here!

A_T
06-17-2007, 07:10 PM
You totally abused your responsibilities on this forum. Deleting other people's posts just to up your own post count. Good riddance to you.

MultiForce
06-17-2007, 07:34 PM
You totally abused your responsibilities on this forum. Deleting other people's posts just to up your own post count. Good riddance to you.

Any examples?

Ne'tu
06-17-2007, 07:38 PM
Keep the job going!

It was so good...

towerblocks
06-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Just to set one thing straight, I NEVER EVER deleted someone's posts without a good reason lack of info, Dupe and so on, If people do it right in the first place then it wouldn't get deleted.

RealitY
06-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Wouldnt let a couple get to you. Have also been there before. Youve done a great job on the site. Regarding AT weve spoken before and on those occasions there wasnt anything done wrong. Maybe its best you move on. Though as always well look into anything that might be an issue...

MultiForce
06-17-2007, 08:05 PM
towerblocks: God has spoken, get back to work :D

A_T
06-17-2007, 08:28 PM
Just to set one thing straight, I NEVER EVER deleted someone's posts without a good reason lack of info, Dupe and so on, If people do it right in the first place then it wouldn't get deleted.

Perhaps you'd like to explain what happened to my Jekyll.S01E01.WS.PDTV.XviD-RiVER nzb post last night. I posted it last night and then in the morning I see it's gone and lo and behold there's a towerblocks one instead. There was nothing wrong with it but now we'll never know because you deleted it and replaced it with one of your own.

towerblocks
06-17-2007, 08:31 PM

Perhaps you'd like to explain what happened to my Jekyll.S01E01.WS.PDTV.XviD-RiVER nzb post last night. I posted it last night and then in the morning I see it's gone and lo and behold there's a towerblocks one instead. There was nothing wrong with it but now we'll never know because you deleted it and replaced it with one of your own.

Jekyll S01E01 PROPER WS PDTV XviD-BiA there's your answer.

A_T
06-17-2007, 08:41 PM

No I posted the first RiVER release. It was then deleted and replaced with this: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-tv-nzbs-120/t-jekyll-s01e01-ws-pdtv-xvid-river-195041

Skiz
06-17-2007, 08:51 PM
There's your answer indeed. Your release was "nuked", and hence it was removed and replaced with a "proper" version. Any other examples you'd like to cite?

As for your decision to step down towerblocks, I wish you'd reconsider. You couple of guys that post considerable amounts of NZBs a vital to the section and the forum. I wish you'd ignore the complaints and finger pointing from a few, and know that there is a vast silent majority who enjoy your postings.

A_T
06-17-2007, 08:53 PM
There's your answer indeed. Your release was "nuked", and hence it was removed and replaced with a "proper" version. Any other examples you'd like to cite?

No wrong I'm afraid. I posted the RiVER release - it was deleted and the same RiVER release reposted by towerblocks.

towerblocks
06-17-2007, 08:55 PM

As for your decision to step down towerblocks, I wish you'd reconsider. You couple of guys that post considerable amounts of NZBs a vital to the section and the forum. I wish you'd ignore the complaints and finger pointing from a few, and know that there is a vast silent majority who enjoy your postings.

I'm far from stepping down, My posting has resumed for the good people of this community and the people that appreciate it.

mistert5091
06-17-2007, 09:00 PM
hey towerblock yea just don't listen to the minority the mojority think your doing a great job i had the same trouble as a torrent uploader and sometimes it does make you wonder why you do it but in the end I saw that most people are greatful

vipaar
06-17-2007, 09:16 PM
My advice would be to just ignore those who whine, enough people including me appreciate your posts and will be sorry to not see them anymore, you`ll always get people who will moan about anything that they can, I`ve seen enough around torrent sites who moan about "freebies" and they get told that if they don`t like it to go and buy the retail, they are not worth fussing about, you have your fans towerblocks, and we appreciate you :)

brotherdoobie
06-18-2007, 03:24 AM
Towerblocks, the sheer amount of NZB files that you post is awesome.
I don't know where you find the time. However, people are going to bitch
and moan, thats the nature of forums. If you're doing it for "props" then
you're doing it for the wrong reasons.

Your post are nice clean uploads. It seems that the new generation
of Usenet uploaders do not take the time to post properly.

I was much happier, when only quality users uploaded. Newsgroups
are better off...when the vast majority leeches and a select few upload.
(concerning binary content)

Peace, Paul

Athlon64
06-18-2007, 07:20 AM
I can't believe what I just read. For a second there I thought we almost lost TB! :cry: My friend, if we were to lose you, picking up you're slack would be a real BITCH and I'm really glad you didn't let a few complaints stop you from posting. :yup:

I have absolutely no idea how you find the time, but I'm glad you do since you've really picked up my slack while I was doing my thing these past few months. :happy:

visionaryone
06-18-2007, 08:26 AM
Personally and this isn't me bitching at anyone, i find the board is flooded very often with uneeded appz posts...posting 40 x 1mb apps that are rarely downloaded just to increase your post counts is lame. I've seen this from a fair few people and it's the main reason I gave up posting ages ago.

It became an ego trip everyone keeping up with each other on the leader board and just blatantly posting everything you can.

Someone posting 100 decent posts a month of quality appz/films/tv is much better for the board than someone trying to post 1400+ of rubbish for everyone else to trawl through.

my 2c's

Toge
06-18-2007, 10:30 AM
mate please don't stop you do a brilliant job. please reconsider!

towerblocks
06-18-2007, 10:53 AM
mate please don't stop you do a brilliant job. please reconsider!

I have, My posting will continue has soon has nzb posting is working again, Seems the database is full at the minute, Alot to catchup on to.

counteru
06-18-2007, 04:19 PM
OMG... thank god you decided not to stop. I almost thought I was going to have to go back to those dredded TORRENTS. ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

Dude, dont even listen to any of the bs.. you do your thing and forget the haters. Much props to you.. and keep it up.. FANTASTIC JOB !!!!

u8mypoop
06-18-2007, 05:26 PM
Please carry on with your posts. Don't let a few cry-babies stop you from your great works here!

delimare
06-18-2007, 06:28 PM
You help fill my HDD's with love and candy. I'm happy to see that you've decided to continue on with your very hard work.

There ARE people that appreciate what you do, never forget that!

brotherdoobie
06-18-2007, 08:46 PM
OMG... thank god you decided not to stop. I almost thought I was going to have to go back to those dredded TORRENTS. ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

Dude, dont even listen to any of the bs.. you do your thing and forget the haters. Much props to you.. and keep it up.. FANTASTIC JOB !!!!

OMG... you do know there are other means of using newsgroups
than, the boards NZB files?

-bd :yup:

tedmond
06-18-2007, 09:12 PM
Cheers Towerblocks please continue mate

Brayden
06-18-2007, 09:18 PM
I want to thank you for the work you do as i dont know what i do with out you posting the shows i like and games stay

Thanks again

Hellmonkeys
06-18-2007, 09:47 PM
Thanks a lot man... really like this place, and you help it continue to be what it has become... great work :).

tesco
06-18-2007, 09:56 PM

No I posted the first RiVER release. It was then deleted and replaced with this: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-tv-nzbs-120/t-jekyll-s01e01-ws-pdtv-xvid-river-195041
Your release, from what i see, was missing the description, image, imdb link, etc.

Maybe a bit extreme to to trash your thread and start another but that is usually the easiest way to fix it... (posting is mostly automatic).

Credit should have definately been given to you for posting first, in teh comments of towerblocks' post, but he may have forgotten.

Anyway, thanks towerblocks for changing your mind about leaving. You and all the other nzb mods do so much for this section, it's a great help to me and reality. :)

towerblocks
06-18-2007, 09:59 PM
Thanks guys for the kind words much appreciated, I don't post to up my post counts or to get glory, If that was the case i would have gave up a long time ago, Felling glorious only lasts so long then bordem sets in and then interest slowly fades away, Leave a thank you in my posts don't leave a thank you in my posts i don't care, But for the people that do appreciate it.. Those are the one's i post for.

turki5h
06-18-2007, 10:20 PM
Towerblocks, I know you already said you'd resume posting, but I still wanted to say "Thank you" for the NZBs you put up here and that your efforts are appreciated by a lot of people.

RainRoofer
06-18-2007, 10:26 PM
Bad voice is always the strongest, if 2 of them are whining about that, 100 are sattisfied and keeping their mouth shout.Keep up the good work.

brotherdoobie
06-18-2007, 10:47 PM
Good for you, Tb.

-bd :)

withymanq
06-19-2007, 02:08 AM
to all moaners groaners and darn right cronies go else where only been a member a few weeks been a member on pay sites for a while and this is the best ive been on and its free if peaple like towerblocks didnt spend his time on this forum for free then you would be paying too keep that in mind folks cm d x360 posted by tb dayafter rel in uk u rock man come back with a fcuk too all moaners groners and damm rite cronies

manchesters punk spitting dummies they rock too

brotherdoobie
06-19-2007, 02:41 AM
Wtf...

-bd :blink:

muffdiver2
06-19-2007, 03:05 AM
Please don't let a few bad apples spoil it for the rest of us who really appreciate the great job you do here posting nzb's for us.

ticklemahelmo
06-19-2007, 03:42 AM
YOO u do amazing job....since u left..there hasnt been anyposts...hope u come back!

movbuff
06-19-2007, 06:04 AM
Personally and this isn't me bitching at anyone, i find the board is flooded very often with uneeded appz posts...posting 40 x 1mb apps that are rarely downloaded just to increase your post counts is lame. I've seen this from a fair few people and it's the main reason I gave up posting ages ago.

It became an ego trip everyone keeping up with each other on the leader board and just blatantly posting everything you can.

Someone posting 100 decent posts a month of quality appz/films/tv is much better for the board than someone trying to post 1400+ of rubbish for everyone else to trawl through.

my 2c's
Those posting don't have to sort just what you find interesting. There are seperate sections so clutter isn't a big deal. Nice to have volume so a search might find it. Don't get why less would be better. :wacko:

brotherdoobie
06-19-2007, 07:23 AM
YOO u do amazing job....since u left..there hasnt been anyposts...hope u come back!

He didn't leave. The nzb posting section is down, atm.

Peace, bd

visionaryone
06-19-2007, 08:47 AM
Those posting don't have to sort just what you find interesting. There are seperate sections so clutter isn't a big deal. Nice to have volume so a search might find it. Don't get why less would be better. :wacko:

Look at it at the moment the DataBase is full? So surely there should be a limit on what is posted, So this doesn't happen again. Silly little progs that clog up the search and DB take bandwidth and are downloaded once can easily be found via binsearch or newzleech. Good solid releases like games, windows versions, Adobe soft etc would be a great resource to search... All that is being achieved here is a mirror of newleech/posts

4play
06-19-2007, 09:06 AM
dont you think the db is full because of the number of rather large nzb's (think hd movies and xbox 360 games) that get posted.

might be about time to buy a larger hdd for the board and start to zip up the nzbs. considering they are text they compress very well.

visionaryone
06-19-2007, 10:01 AM
dont you think the db is full because of the number of rather large nzb's (think hd movies and xbox 360 games) that get posted.

might be about time to buy a larger hdd for the board and start to zip up the nzbs. considering they are text they compress very well.

HD posts have increased the strain no doubt but as things get larger surely we will have to draw a line under things that shouldn't be posted. Things aren't gonna get smaller only larger. And although little apps and such arent such a strain on HD space they do cause a strain on search functions. Many boards i belong too have had to restrict search to paid members after a while to help with costs, and although this hasn't happened at FST, I for one would be willing to pay to help out. Surely a bandwidth search for one NZB uses the same as for another larger NZB. Even zipping (which is a good idea) will only stem the tide for a while. :D

Mpeace
06-19-2007, 05:18 PM
tower I get all my stuff from u..don't leave please...you post em up the quickest..thanks..

apvm
06-19-2007, 11:00 PM
please carry on...much appreciated

Skiz
06-19-2007, 11:38 PM
I think we get the idea - viva la tb!

Athlon64
06-22-2007, 12:13 AM
Ok, I think that's enough now, we know he's back so no need for the thread anymore.

*locked*