PDA

View Full Version : SCN Conspiracy ?

Pluto
06-18-2007, 08:12 AM
I first want to state that this is in no way concreate but a theory. Anyway my theory revolves around SCN and their invites. The invite sytem crashed a week or so ago. :dry: And they have yet to fix it and they have no eta on the when it will be fixed. So my theory is that they wished to close the invite system, without actually publicy revoking all invites. You may ask why would they do it this way. Well some people only leech and seed to get invites to trade. :shifty: And with a public announcement that invites where being revoked alot of people would stop seeding there and start seeding else where to get invites. They figured just pretend the systems down so people would remain active.

My reasoning for my theory revolves around the fast that it shouldnt be to hard to fix the code. :ermm:

This is just a theory, and I must admit I was up drinking when the idea came to me. :01:

kapowcowpwned
06-18-2007, 08:16 AM
lmao, i seriously doubt that

poliser
06-18-2007, 08:26 AM
nice theory but i don't think that this is the thing that will keep users be active there:whistling

Cheffy
06-18-2007, 09:04 AM
The fact that people only seed to gain invites scares me...
Whats wrong with you people, What about actually care about your accounts. I take grate pride in all my accounts.

hungdob
06-18-2007, 09:14 AM
first your theory sounds unrealistic.
second, i think they did fix the invite system before the site went down because of the server's dns so again -1 for your theory :D

Pluto
06-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Nope I tried sending my friend an invite an hour or so before they went down. The invite didnt contain any links. Just my message.

GaleaNatur
06-18-2007, 09:35 AM
Nope I tried sending my friend an invite an hour or so before they went down. The invite didnt contain any links. Just my message.

yes that's true i also wasted my invite like this....:pinch:i am starting to believe that with the comeback the invites will be disabled:mellow::ph34r:

freedom
06-18-2007, 09:37 AM
edited

Pluto
06-18-2007, 11:57 AM
The more I think about my theory the more sense it makes, and the more it doesnt .

Maybe their just lazy or busy ?

leciak
06-18-2007, 12:48 PM
The more I think about my theory the more sense it makes, and the more it doesnt .

Maybe their just lazy or busy ?

I think that whatever dope you're taking you should either give up or share them with me :)

AboutThat
06-18-2007, 01:27 PM
I cant agree with that theory, it seems so weird a tracker would do that. But maby your right ;)

mforcex
06-18-2007, 02:13 PM
What year will they fix it?
is SCN that good anyways?

Melvinmeow
06-18-2007, 09:30 PM
TBH SCN is still fairly new and their coders... while they have some experience. They are not the best (No disrespect intended.) As you may have notice they have switched servers 2 times since the sites been up (I beleive.) Everytime you switch to a new server there are alot of codes that worked on 1 server that will not work on the new server without code alterations. I myself took a peak at their invites system about a week ago and it was working fine for some people and not for others. They said they were switching to a new source code so I figured why bother fixing the invites if it was only gonna work for a day or so anyways.

aburyach
06-18-2007, 10:25 PM
A stretch but fairly plausible...

fstrulz
06-18-2007, 10:33 PM

SCN invites are disabled right now. They will be back working again - together with the new and improved SCN v2 website by the end of this week. :)

mforcex
06-18-2007, 10:42 PM

SCN invites are disabled right now. They will be back working again - together with the new and improved SCN v2 website by the end of this week. :)

Awesome, thanks :D

seppypom
06-19-2007, 02:14 AM
The fact that people only seed to gain invites scares me...
Whats wrong with you people, What about actually care about your accounts. I take grate pride in all my accounts.

FACT? ....................

yohanas26
06-19-2007, 04:16 AM
So as a more realistic comparison, how would you compare SCN to RTS? Since they're both fairly new trackers.

stanford
06-19-2007, 11:58 AM
Why do they have the motive to remove invites from users by using the way that you mentioned?

If they take away the invites from users, it will be hard for the site to grow because SCN does not open for signup.

phrenzy
06-19-2007, 01:23 PM
They need leechers bad ...........

seppypom
06-19-2007, 01:43 PM
to bad they delete everyones account after 7 days.
they expect users to be active all the time, thats just unrealistic.
so they get what they deserve.

redMonster
06-19-2007, 01:46 PM
That is not true. I was inactive there for about 2 weeks and my account was intact. I think you are talking about SCA, not SCN.

BawA
06-19-2007, 01:56 PM
most BT tracker i know don't really give feck what people think because they really dont owe us a shit, they would close the invites just like that they dont need to fool around.

DefX
06-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Closed as per request.