PDA

View Full Version : Lame

brotherdoobie
06-18-2007, 08:55 AM
It's lame to want credit for your post. Imo, newsgroups (binary) have always been about the content. It's not about ratios and an individuals glory.

It's nice that posters take the trouble to upload content to Usenet, create
proper NZB files. (with nfo doc, links and pics) and post them here, for other
users convenience.

However, it doesn't make you special and you're not any cooler, because you posted a grab...5 minutes before someone else.

Why do we have multiple "mods" in the torrent and Newsgroup sections? It's just asking for chaos.

Btw, the user's post should of been cleaned up by a "mod"-
not thrashed.

*I copied and pasted this from an earlier post of mine.

-bd

counteru
06-18-2007, 04:22 PM
you sound really unappreciative, prehaps you should just find another place for your downloads. I for one.. am happy this place even exists and definately appreciate those that make this whole usenet business easier for people like me.

brotherdoobie
06-18-2007, 08:40 PM
I post NZB files myself sometimes. However, I don't flood the board
with files looking for personal "glory" I use the board NZB files myself
as I stared, earlier. I also use numerous other sources. (FTP,torrents
SoulSeek, NZB search engines and how quaint...headers.)

It's ok to question the current state of conditions. You won't get
banned from the site.

It has nothing to do with being unappreciative, lad.

-bd :dabs:

Skiz
06-19-2007, 05:35 AM
It's lame to want credit for your post. Imo, newsgroups (binary) have always been about the content. It's not about ratios and an individuals glory.

users convenience.

However, it doesn't make you special and you're not any cooler, because you posted a grab...5 minutes before someone else.

Why do we have multiple "mods" in the torrent and Newsgroup sections? It's just asking for chaos.

not thrashed.

-bd

He didn't want credit for anything, at least that's not why the repost was done. As has been mentioned, the post had no description, nfo, image, imdb link, etc. If you've ever tried to edit an NZB that you've posted, you'd know that it's far easier to just repost it than to edit the original - especially with as much content needed to be added to the post in question.

There is also a sticky thread which contains posting guidelines for NZBs - not suggestions, but guidelines. If posters want their posts to be taken seriously, they should adhere to those guidelines.

RealitY
06-19-2007, 05:53 AM
Works fine so far. Quite well at that. Its been like this for some time actually. If your suggesting the rare scrape being an issue Im sure youll always find some. The mods and these sections are as far from chaos I think. If your reffering to the recent issue its been looked into and sorted. Weve moved on now.

Havent quoted the rest as it appears to me as a bit of a rant. Speculation why some post and why they should or what they should or shouldnt think. Whats the point in all that but creating your own chaos or argument. Think we have a nice community going. Think most would agree. Couple scrapes isnt anything to suddenly tear down walls for...

brotherdoobie
06-19-2007, 08:03 AM
Reality, I wasn't trying to be a cunt. I was stating an opinion. I agree this is a nice section of the board and as I stated earlier, it's very decent of users to take their time to post nzb's.

However, there are people in this world - who feel the need to be thanked and have their arse kissed for doing what is decent.

I wasn't referring to TowerBlocks or anyone in particular, as I stated earlier.

I've been using Usenet for a long time and I don't want to see it
turn into a - feckin p2p mess.

I'm actually glad to see this section, liven up a bit. It's often, quite somber.

Peace, brotherdoobie :)

Colt Seevers
06-19-2007, 03:42 PM
Why does multiple mods equate to chaos? I think it's a good thing, they do a good job and deserve a wee 'thanks' every now and then.

Also I think some of the mods are in different time zones so that helps as well.

Btw doobie it may not have been you intention sound like a c*nt. But you do come off sounding like a rather large one.

Just my opinion.

brotherdoobie
06-19-2007, 08:43 PM
'K.

Peace, bd :)

MultiForce
06-19-2007, 10:13 PM

users convenience.

not thrashed.

-bd

There wouldn't have been any releases for you to download if it wasn't for the "credit" that people get from "start" to "finish" in the warez world.

brotherdoobie
06-19-2007, 10:37 PM
I've uploaded my fair share to Usenet... from FTP sources. I know how it works, lad.

Cheers, to those that upload to the beloved Usenet. It is very decent
of you to post your nbz's here.

I was a wee bit drunk, and my post sounded harsher, than I met it to.

Peace, Paul :cheers:

Cheese
06-20-2007, 09:05 AM
It's nice that posters take the trouble to upload content to Usenet

Is that what they're doing? I just assumed they stole the nzb files from somewhere like Newzbin (http://www.newzbin.com/browse/)and posted them here. I don't use the nzb files here so what do I know, if they are uploading the content themselves then well done.

Otherwise, meh they are lame.

WHiKWiRE
06-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Is that what they're doing? I just assumed they stole the nzb files from somewhere like Newzbin (http://www.newzbin.com/browse/)and posted them here. I don't use the nzb files here so what do I know, if they are uploading the content themselves then well done.

Otherwise, meh they are lame.Thanks :ermm:

Cheese
06-20-2007, 03:21 PM

Otherwise, meh they are lame.Thanks :ermm:

Which are you btw? An uploader of content or someone who rips off nzb files from other websites and pastes them here? Or is it something else? I'm genuinely interested as to where/how you get all these nzb files.

MultiForce
06-20-2007, 05:42 PM
It's nice that posters take the trouble to upload content to Usenet

So it's "lame" to search for releases, browse newsbin/binage or whatever, generate a NZB file, find info/pictures etc. for a release and post it here?

I uploaded/re-uploaded some content too but not much.

What is the difference between doing this and download a release from FTP/torrent sites and "release" it on other ftp/torrent sites?

If the warez groups uploaded all the content themselves to the public, then I would have called it "lame" to use these methods.

Cheese
06-20-2007, 06:07 PM

So it's "lame" to search for releases, browse newsbin/binage or whatever, generate a NZB file, find info/pictures etc. for a release and post it here?

It's just a glorified cut and paste job then.

WHiKWiRE
06-20-2007, 06:08 PM
Which are you btw? An uploader of content or someone who rips off nzb files from other websites and pastes them here? Or is it something else? I'm genuinely interested as to where/how you get all these nzb files.

I get my NZB's from headers not from other websites. I have great respect for people that upload. It's not that I don't want to upload it's just that my connection isn't the greatest. That's not to say I don't upload anything, I've uploaded iXtreme Firmware 1.0, 360 Stealth Patches and a bunch of GameSpot guides. I always say if someone took the time to upload the files whats 2 or 3 minutes make them available for everyone.

When I post I don't just see how many NZB's I've posted but how many people got use out of the NZB uploaded.

And to follow up on the previous posts in this thread ever since me and Towerblocks had an argument which I take full responsibility for members haven't been a big fans of NZB Posters. I'm not sure how they felt before this but a thread wasn't made like this one. :rolleyes:

Oh and just so everyone knows feel free to label me as lame. But if you do ask yourself what you do for FileSharing Talk? :ph34r:

Cheese
06-20-2007, 06:18 PM

I get my NZB's from headers not from other websites. I have great respect for people that upload. It's not that I don't want to upload it's just that my connection isn't the greatest. That's not to say I don't upload anything, I've uploaded iXtreme Firmware 1.0, 360 Stealth Patches and a bunch of GameSpot guides. I always say if someone took the time to upload the files whats 2 or 3 minutes make them available for everyone.

When I post I don't just see how many NZB's I've posted but how many people got use out of the NZB uploaded.

And to follow up on the previous posts in this thread ever since me and Towerblocks had an argument which I take full responsibility for members haven't been a big fans of NZB Posters. I'm not sure how they felt before this but a thread wasn't made like this one. :rolleyes:

Oh and just so everyone knows feel free to label me as lame. But if you do ask yourself what you do for FileSharing Talk? :ph34r:

Interesting. For a moment there I thought you guys just ripped off sites like Newzbin for your NZB files. Keep up the good work, I'm sure everyone appreciates saving the 25p a week it costs to use a site like Newzbin.

MultiForce
06-20-2007, 06:20 PM

There's nothing more to downloading/uploading either. Different commands, same shit.

You should try it out if you think there is any glory to it.

brotherdoobie
06-20-2007, 06:58 PM
It takes a bit more time to upload, lad. Have you ever tried it? I only have
55 or so nbz's posted. However, I uploaded all of the content to Usenet
and generated nbz's myself, you're welcome to check.

I only post nbz's so often, because of the amount of time it takes to upload
content to Usenet.

-bd

MultiForce
06-20-2007, 07:05 PM
It takes a bit more time to upload, lad. Have you ever tried it? I only have
55 or so nbz's posted. However, I uploaded all of the content to Usenet
and generated nbz's myself, you're welcome to check.

I only post nbz's so often, because of the amount of time it takes to upload
content to Usenet.

-bd

You didn't get my point, so forget it :frusty:

Let's just download and be happy :lol:

Cheese
06-20-2007, 07:19 PM

You should try it out if you think there is any glory to it.

That's not really what I meant . . .

Skiz
06-20-2007, 07:23 PM
I can't believe we have so many files at our fingertips on FST, which are provided (mostly) by a select few dedicated posters and yet we have people complaining about it. What's the problem with posting NZBs here, even they weren't the original Usenet uploader? The layout alone is fantastic and far better than any Usenet search engines I've found. The aesthetic and ease of use here is just great. The whole system is great.

These guys spend countless hours uploading NZBs and ask nothing in return outside of the occasional bit of gratitude. Why complain about a good thing? :dabs:

Cheese
06-20-2007, 08:05 PM
The layout alone is fantastic and far better than any Usenet search engines I've found. The aesthetic and ease of use here is just great. The whole system is great.

It all looks and feels a bit clunky to me, it's not really a patch on Newzbin for instance but not a bad effort for "free". The hissy fits from the NZB posters are quite funny though.

Keep up the good work lads, I'll pass though.

MultiForce
06-20-2007, 08:08 PM
I can't believe we have so many files at our fingertips on FST, which are provided (mostly) by a select few dedicated posters and yet we have people complaining about it. What's the problem with posting NZBs here, even they weren't the original Usenet uploader? The layout alone is fantastic and far better than any Usenet search engines I've found. The aesthetic and ease of use here is just great. The whole system is great.

These guys spend countless hours uploading NZBs and ask nothing in return outside of the occasional bit of gratitude. Why complain about a good thing? :dabs:

Well... you're on the internet :happy:

WHiKWiRE
06-20-2007, 08:31 PM
It all looks and feels a bit clunky to me, it's not really a patch on Newzbin for instance but not a bad effort for "free". The hissy fits from the NZB posters are quite funny though.

Keep up the good work lads, I'll pass though.

I guess your referring to the No more nzb posts from me (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-newsgroups-79/t-no-more-nzb-posts-me-195195) thread. :mellow: EDIT - Thanks visionaryone :D

visionaryone
06-22-2007, 06:29 AM
lol totally off topic but Whick your sig is damn funny! rofl