PDA

View Full Version : Bin Files

Rondy
06-16-2003, 03:57 PM
It depends on what the format is.

You will need either divx player which you can download from www.divx.com or
if its a vcd , svcd or dvd rip you will need a dvd player software such as powerdvd for the dvd codec.

Ron

remerg
06-17-2003, 01:38 AM
thanks for the good tip. i found and downloaded powerdvd 4.0 and think it is great. the only bad part is that the file is vcd but still wont play. i'm going to try to download a different version. thanks for being such a good friend. i didn't know anything about powerdvd. you absolutely rock.....

stoi
06-17-2003, 01:41 AM
yeah power dvd is great, but if its a vcd it should still play in powerdvd. have you got the latest kazaa codec pack installed, and if you browse the cd what exactly is on it.

stoi

remerg
06-17-2003, 01:54 AM
there are 5 folders.

1. CDI
contains a few cdi-apps
2. EXT
2 vcd files and one named scandata
3. MPEGAV
a file named avseqo1. appears to be a dat file
4. SEGMENT
seems empty
5. VCD
contains 4 vcd files.......entries.vcd, info.vcd, lot.vcd, psd.vcd

the powerdvd wont play it so i'm trying another source of the movie. any other help would be appreciated.

stoi
06-17-2003, 03:01 AM
ok im not trying to say your stupid or anything here but just incase you dont know heres how to open a vcd cd in powerdvd.

open powerdvd, you will have two windows, the main screen window and a control panel window underneath.

on the control panel, next to the play button, is a button with what looks like an envelope on it, click this and it will give you a list of your cd drives, on the one your cd is inserted it should say vcd, if it says anything different, then i think you have burnt it wrong.

if you havnt already done so try this and see what it says, also does powerdvd pretend to play it but no movie or sound comes up, or does it just not load the disc at all for you.

stoi

stoi
06-17-2003, 03:07 AM
and this file avseqo1. should be an mpeg file, try opening an directory, going to Tools/folderoptions/view and untick the hide extensions for known filetypes and see what it says avseqo1. is.

remerg
06-17-2003, 03:49 AM
the full file name is avseq01.dat.
i burned the bin file from the cue file using Nero. i checked it first using cdmage. when i try to run the file, i get an invalid pointer error. this sucks.

stoi
06-17-2003, 01:35 PM
ok thats your problem then.

Have you still got the original bin and cue that you downloaded. If you have get yourself a copy of alcohol 120%, mount the cue on the virtual drive it allocates for you and explore that. If it is still a .dat then you could try changing the extension to .mpg, you might have to extract the .dat onto your hdd first to do this, and just see if you have the whole film. if you have burn this .mpg with nero and forget about the bin and cue.

Must admit though ive never experienced this problem before

stoi

remerg
06-17-2003, 06:33 PM
we're done here. i downloaded another copy of the bin file and burned it. it works great. thanks for the help. you guys are the best.