PDA

View Full Version : IE7 better than IE6?

dodgy368
06-19-2007, 10:00 PM
Would like to hear some views on IE7, do you like it more than IE6 and why?

ps, I also use Firefox so please don't mention that or any other browser, just want to hear about your views on IE7, thanks. ;)

Busyman™
06-20-2007, 03:10 AM
It's quite good if you use the IE7Pro add-on.

It's fast. It has lots of control options. It has tabbed browsing.

Shiranai_Baka
06-20-2007, 04:05 AM
Well don't start thinking about that just yet! Mozilla 3.0 is coming out soon!

redMonster
06-20-2007, 04:16 AM
Though the tabbed browsing feature is an important update to IE 7, but it loads very slowly on my PC. So I rarely use it.

peat moss
06-20-2007, 04:58 AM
While I don't use it often you'd have to be a fool not to upgrade for security reasons alone ,that and better features ,its faster, tabs etc. Why ask opinions try it yourself .

I prefer Firefox but do like Safari tho its a Beta . If using IE 6 why would you not upgrade to 7 ? Problem with keys or WGA ,so easy to get around that . ;)

Busyman™
06-20-2007, 10:36 AM
Though the tabbed browsing feature is an important update to IE 7, but it loads very slowly on my PC. So I rarely use it.

PC problem.

raspberry1331
06-20-2007, 11:40 AM
but IE7 looks really-really awful in XP, it sticks out (just like WMP 11), why didn't they also make a proper XP skin? or is there an option?

ulun64
06-20-2007, 12:30 PM
I don't like either IE6 and IE7. IE6 is not secure anymore so you have to use IE7.

My favorite browser is Opera but certain website don't like Opera so I have to use IE7.

Saroman
06-22-2007, 12:57 PM
Well Opera works for me with any sites..

As a backup i use IE 6

Hairbautt
06-22-2007, 02:01 PM
It's quite good if you use the IE7Pro add-on.Ever since I installed that addon I'm totally eating up IE7 now. I mean when Safari was released I knew I was looking for an alternative to IE7 :dabs: Now I'm not.

but IE7 looks really-really awful in XP, it sticks out (just like WMP 11), why didn't they also make a proper XP skin? or is there an option?
Get WindowsBlinds :shifty:

Skin XP to a Vista Clone or better yet Longhorn. Takes a lil bit of work tho' with icons if you do it yourself and custom fixes to WMP to match Vista. I've actually changed mine since...

raspberry1331
06-22-2007, 11:17 PM
Skin XP to a Vista Clone or better yet Longhorn. Takes a lil bit of work tho' with icons if you do it yourself and custom fixes to WMP to match Vista. I've actually changed mine since...

I rather keep on using Firefox;).

SaveFerris
06-23-2007, 01:52 AM
Asking that question is like asking if Fat Man was better than Little Boy. (I just came up with that on the spot, I'm not sure if it works or not)

peat moss
06-23-2007, 05:19 PM
I don't like either IE6 and IE7. IE6 is not secure anymore so you have to use IE7.

My favorite browser is Opera but certain website don't like Opera so I have to use IE7.

Does Opera have a plugin like Firefox 's IEview ? Just wondering as it was a good addition to FF .

Asking that question is like asking if Fat Man was better than Little Boy. (I just came up with that on the spot, I'm not sure if it works or not)

I just got your joke , man its tuff getting old . :happy:

tesco
06-23-2007, 05:51 PM
what's that date and time selector for in your 'moving files' dialog thingy?

dodgy368
06-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Thanks to the peeps that replied about IE 6 and 7.

Any other browser?
I do NOT want to hear about, however good they are(I know they are good!), I only want to know about IE6 and 7! lol

raspberry1331
06-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Does Opera have a plugin like Firefox 's IEview ? Just wondering as it was a good addition to FF .

I just got your joke , man its tuff getting old . :happy:

now that you got that i got it too:). cool.

peat moss
06-23-2007, 11:10 PM

Any other browser?
I do NOT want to hear about, however good they are(I know they are good!), I only want to know about IE6 and 7! lol

Well friend you got me , as I would suggest FireFox or Opera ,hell Safari too over IE 6 or 7 but you have to find out yourself I think ? Its called a choice and thank god for that . Ask your self why some older members don't use it and look to that ?

I'm not one to tell people what to use , " try something new hell ya " .:D You find out for yourself and go from there ?

ArchStanton
06-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Well friend you got me , as I would suggest FireFox or Opera ,hell Safari too over IE 6 or 7 but you have to find out yourself I think ?

I wouldn't use Safari, at least not on a pc with a windows os. Maybe when it comes out of beta, maybe not even then.

h**p://www.msfn.org/comments.php?shownews=20410 (http://www.msfn.org/comments.php?shownews=20410)

Only 2 hours.

Busyman™
06-24-2007, 01:47 PM

Any other browser?

Well friend you got me , as I would suggest FireFox or Opera ,hell Safari too over IE 6 or 7 but you have to find out yourself I think ? Its called a choice and thank god for that . Ask your self why some older members don't use it and look to that ?

I'm not one to tell people what to use , " try something new hell ya " .:D You find out for yourself and go from there ?

Yeah but one thing I hate is a person that has never even tried IE7 making comment. These are not good critics but just a competitor browser cawk sucks.

I've all the browsers except Safari and will try that soon. IE7 with the Pro add-on is quite nice.

I was using Opera cuz it was the fastest, I upgraded and then it started screwing up. I liked FF cuz I could use a hack for 2 rows of links. However, it started slowing up plus it would load evry page properly so to hell with it.

IE has never given me problems. It loads all pages properly and the layout is fine. I don't need a million extensions. I like the IE7Pro add-on for the increased basic function of IE7.