PDA

View Full Version : Hatton v Castillo

Mr JP Fugley
06-19-2007, 10:22 PM
Hatton is looking fucking awesome, I can't see him losing.

Mr JP Fugley
06-19-2007, 10:22 PM
See his website here http://www.rickyhitmanhatton.com/index2.php

jimbo12345
06-20-2007, 04:29 PM
hatton is immense.

fstrulz
06-20-2007, 09:58 PM
In my opinion, Hatton has no chance on Castillo...

And I'm pretty sure Castillo will fight his best in memory of the late Diego Corrales.

Who do you guys think is the best pound-4-pound fighter right now?

Mayweather? I think Pacquiao is the best and most exciting fighter right now.

Fromagepas
06-20-2007, 10:12 PM

And I'm pretty sure Castillo will fight his best in memory of the late Diego Corrales.

Funny, Hatton's had no chance before. He really had fuck all chance against Kostya Tszyu. That's 42 wins now, I wonder how many he had fuck all chance in. Having said that he's only knocked 30 of those out. I mean ffs why would you respect a World Champion who has won 42 out of 42 fights with a 75% knock out rate. Must have all been diddies he was fighting.

Bit like Calzaghe having no chance as well. Pretty similar stats too, World Champion (double) who has won 42 out of 42 fights, with 31 knock outs.

Why show these people some respect for their achievements in the sport. It's not like they are from the Americas or anything.

Proper Bo
06-20-2007, 10:15 PM
They aren't ethnic enough to be good boxers. fact.

Fromagepas
06-20-2007, 10:15 PM
Here's Calzaghe's site btw. http://www.joecalzaghe.com/

Fromagepas
06-20-2007, 10:18 PM
They aren't ethnic enough to be good boxers. fact.

Indeed, here's Calzaghe fighting some diddy called lacy.

http://www.itv-boxing.com/Video/Story_Page/0,14457,6168_1066212,00.html

Busyman™
06-20-2007, 10:42 PM

Funny, Hatton's had no chance before. He really had fuck all chance against Kostya Tszyu. That's 42 wins now, I wonder how many he had fuck all chance in. Having said that he's only knocked 30 of those out. I mean ffs why would you respect a World Champion who has won 42 out of 42 fights with a 75% knock out rate. Must have all been diddies he was fighting.

Bit like Calzaghe having no chance as well. Pretty similar stats too, World Champion (double) who has won 42 out of 42 fights, with 31 knock outs.

Why show these people some respect for their achievements in the sport. It's not like they are from the Americas or anything.

Kostya was highly regarded and wasn't from the Americas.:dabs:

Also Ricky hadn't really fought anybody of note until Kostya. Impressive opponents are what put fighters on the map. Hatton's win over Kostya did so.

Look at Roy Jones Jr. He was undefeated but the one knock on him at the time was that he didn't fight anybody.

Many Mexican boxers have had huge records (some undefeated) but they got the record primarily in Mexico. I think Julio Cesar Chavez had over 100 wins.

What made Ali great was who he fought and won against. When I see a Bernard Hopkins fight a Felix Trinidad, a Thomas Hearns fight a Marvin Hagler, or a Marvin Hagler against a Ray Leonard, those are fights that solidify in many folks minds. Hell the Vladmir Klitchko (sp?) would be up there but the entire heavyweight division is shit.

As Hatton starts fighting and kicking the asses of the current boxing status symbols, people will take more notice.

I'll sure be watching.

Busyman™
06-20-2007, 10:44 PM
hatton is immense.

gay

fstrulz
06-20-2007, 10:46 PM
Hatton is a good boxer - heck he torn down Tszyu. But I think Castillo will beat him, because Castillo is a good fighter also and has a better resume/past big fights. We'll see.

But I don't think Calzaghe is that good. He had beaten Lacy, who is a Tyson wannabe and has had only 22 pro fights at the time they fought. Who else did he beat?

The thing in boxing is... Great fighters are the ones who have fought great fighters.

:boxing:

Busyman™
06-20-2007, 10:46 PM

I like Mayweather. However, I was very unimpressed with his against De La Hoya.:dry: It's a hard one to call.

When is Jermaine Taylor's next fight? I don't have HBO anymore.:(

fstrulz
06-20-2007, 10:50 PM
I like Mayweather. However, I was very unimpressed with his against De La Hoya.:dry: It's a hard one to call.

Taylor just fought Spinks... I think he'll fight next Winky Wright for their rematch. They had a draw last time they fought.

And that Mayweather - De La Hoya fight was a waste of money. :dabs:

Busyman™
06-20-2007, 10:56 PM
Hatton is a good boxer - heck he torn down Tszyu. But I think Castillo will beat him, because Castillo is a good fighter also and has a better resume/past big fights. We'll see.

But I don't think Calzaghe is that good. He had beaten Lacy, who is a Tyson wannabe and has had only 22 pro fights at the time they fought. Who else did he beat?

The thing in boxing is... Great fighters are the ones who have fought great fighters.

:boxing:

I still don't like one knock people try to put on Cal that he's a slapper.

He is but so what? If slaps the other fighter senseless and slaps er...knocks them out, then he won.

The way he fights does look kinda weird (makes me cringe a bit) but I say beat him or STFU.

I'm gonna go with Hatton. I saw him a little shaky with Collazo but I like his energy. It's like he is perpetual or something.

Fromagepas
06-20-2007, 10:58 PM

Which is an entirely different post to "In my opinion, Hatton has no chance on Castillo...".

See my previous posts in this thread and look for the irony. You'll see that other people don't understand it. It's not their fault it's a cultural thing.

Busyman™
06-20-2007, 11:02 PM

Taylor just fought Spinks... I think he'll fight next Winky Wright for their rematch. They had a draw last time they fought.

And that Mayweather - De La Hoya fight was a waste of money. :dabs:

Yeah I saw that fight at El Torrito restaurant and bar in Puerta Vallarta, Mehico. I drew boos when everyone was shouting, "De La Hoya, De La Hoya!" and I shouted in response, "Mayweather, Mayweather!".:lol:

I might right have got my ass kicked by the entire city if it weren't for the fact that the folks there were quite nice.

Sometimes the way Winky fights bores the hell outta me. He is not very entertaining many times cuz he's a defensive fighter. Jermaine Taylor is quite entertaining though. Their first fight was Winky's third loss. I think he's 51 - 3 but he fought mostly in Europe.

Busyman™
06-20-2007, 11:03 PM

Which is an entirely different post to "In my opinion, Hatton has no chance on Castillo...".

See my previous posts in this thread and look for the irony. You'll see that other people don't understand it. It's not their fault it's a cultural thing.

:blink:

fstrulz
06-20-2007, 11:04 PM

Well I got a little nice on Hatton...

I still think that Castillo will beat Hatton.

And you're right - it's a cultural thing... With all respect - I don't see a great European fighter beating a great Mexican fighter.

Busyman™
06-20-2007, 11:10 PM

And you're right - it's a cultural thing... With all respect - I don't see a great European fighter beating a great Mexican fighter.

At first I was going to say why not?

Well I think I see where you are going. Many think it's only cultural but has to do with the level of competition thrown at a fighter. I don't think Hatton has fought the level of competition that Castillo has by a longshot.

However, you have to recognize that there diamonds in the rough. Sure European fighters might be shit generally but Hatton is a special fighter.

Simply put, Britain is not known for great boxers. It has nothing to do culture or race.

I used to hear the same about certain states churning out better boxers than others.

edit: nice sig, btw.

Fromagepas
06-20-2007, 11:10 PM

Fair enough mate, you think Castillo will win. That's cool and we'll find out in a couple of days. However to say that a World Champion with a 42 - 0 record and 30 knockouts has no chance is a bit off. The man has dedicated his life to one of the most difficult sports in the World and reached the top of the game, beating anyone put up against him. In my opinion he at least deserves a bit of respect. He is also a fucking decent spud and well liked in his home city.

Oh and the cultural thing related to the use of irony when writing, as opposed to boxing ethos.

fstrulz
06-20-2007, 11:15 PM
I know Hatton is a great guy. I saw his life story in HBO...

We'll see this weekend, mate... We'll see. :)

Fromagepas
06-20-2007, 11:18 PM
Indeed, tho' whatever happens I won't call the other guy a prick. FFS he's probably dedicated his whole life to get this chance.

Deserves respect in my opinion, whatever the outcome.

JPaul
06-24-2007, 02:53 AM

Well, maybe a wee chance.

thewizeard
06-24-2007, 07:21 AM
JPaul, I have missed you, welcome back :)

jimbo12345
06-24-2007, 08:45 AM
Mr Castillo....you just got knocked the fook out! 4th round?Demolished...

good prediction guys!

Busyman™
06-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Mr Castillo....you just got knocked the fook out! 4th round?Demolished...

good prediction guys!

With a body punch!! I love it!!:lol:

I hope Mayweather comes out of retirement to fight Hatton.

I don't think Mayweather's rope-a-dope will work against him.

edit:damn on youtube already?
Ggo4hlf8V8Q

DefX
06-24-2007, 02:11 PM
Man, thats one hell of a bodyshot to make Castillo fall down on his knees like that and not get up. You dont see a lot of KO's like that in boxing.

The announcer mentioned Roy Jones body punch KO several yrs back. In fact thats also the only other body punch KO that i can remember.

Fromagepas
06-24-2007, 02:14 PM
Quite the irony, to knock the body puncher out like that.

He really looked sickened when he went down, I think you could tell right away he wasn't going to be getting back up.

Do you think he knew that was one of Hatton's own strength's. He must have done but it didn't look like it.

Fromagepas
06-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Man, thats one hell of a bodyshot to make Castillo fall down on his knees like that and not get up. You dont see a lot of TKO's like that in boxing.

The announcer mentioned Roy Jones body punch KO several yrs back. In fact thats also the only other body punch KO that i can remember.

I don't think it was a TKO, KO surely.

brotherdoobie
06-24-2007, 02:16 PM
Shirley.

-bd

DefX
06-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Do you think he knew that was one of Hatton's own strength's. He must have done but it didn't look like it.

If he didnt b4, he definitely knows it now. He looked like a tamed wild animal after he went down like that. I was half expecting him to get up but not surprised either that he didnt. You could see the defeat in his eyes.

I don't think it was a TKO, KO surely.

I know my mistake.

Mr JP Fugley
06-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Agreed. He must have known he was going to get more of the same and thought "fuck that". If you watch Hatton train he does as much bag work as he does sparring. His trainer wears a huge protector round his body and Hatton keeps attacking it. He does full 15 round sessions of that. It's awesome.

Busyman™
06-24-2007, 02:23 PM
Man, thats one hell of a bodyshot to make Castillo fall down on his knees like that and not get up. You dont see a lot of KO's like that in boxing.

Really? You must not watch a whole lotta boxin'.:unsure:

I've seen worse. The more recent being Hopkins/De La Hoya. De La Hoya was writhing around yelling on the floor acting as if he got stabbed in side.:pinch:

I remember De La Hoya saying (in his De La Hoya high voice), "He hit me right on the button".:lol:

edit:

iHQPtG7M1cE

Chip Monk
06-24-2007, 02:24 PM
Maybe he meant "bottom".

brotherdoobie
06-24-2007, 02:28 PM
Shirley.

-bd

Busyman™
06-24-2007, 02:32 PM
Maybe he meant "bottom".

Sorry, "button". Fixed.

Chip Monk
06-24-2007, 02:32 PM
Busy, that's cool as fuck. You can click the wee links at the bottom as well.

I haven't seen that before.

Busyman™
06-24-2007, 02:40 PM
Busy, that's cool as fuck. You can click the wee links at the bottom as well.

I haven't seen that before.

:unsure:

Chip Monk
06-24-2007, 02:43 PM
If you run that video to the end there's associated links at the bottom.

You can click on them to see that video as well. I just hadn't seen that before. Probably because people rarely post something interesting enough to watch to the end.

Busyman™
06-24-2007, 02:46 PM
If you run that video to the end there's associated links at the bottom.

You can click on them to see that video as well. I just hadn't seen that before. Probably because people rarely post something interesting enough to watch to the end.

Oh yeah OSX stylee. They haven't been doing that all along.

Youtube is revamping.

Any word on prospective fighters for Hatton besides Mayweather? With his and the other division doing well, all that's left for boxing is to get the heavyweights in order.

Hatton has one belt, right? Shouldn't (especially after this impressive win) there be a unification fight for another belt?

Busyman™
06-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Okay I see he had to relinquish his IBF belt to fight Castillo. Why?

Chip Monk
06-24-2007, 03:01 PM
He wasn't fighting the IBF contender, so had to give up the belt, if memory serves. This fight was more important to him, so he gave up that belt to take it.

Busyman™
06-24-2007, 03:04 PM
He wasn't fighting the IBF contender, so had to give up the belt, if memory serves. This fight was more important to him, so e gave up that belt to take it.

Good move. Now he should go and demolish the IBF contender to grab the now "vacant" belt.

Hell he should probably fight Richard Torres for the WBO belt.

He's as known as Castillo but it would be a good tune-up and it's for a belt.

The only one left would be the WBA belt and I'm not sure who has the Jr. WW belt or if there is one.

How could I forget Mayweather's belt (WBC). If he's retired then that's vacant.

The problem is that that is Welterweight (the same class as Collazo) and I don't really see Hatton crushing in that weight class for any length of time.

Chip Monk
06-24-2007, 03:11 PM
Hatton can fight at Welter, but it's definitely not his natural or best weight. It's also considered that if he did it he would definitely shorten his career. I could be wrong and it depends on the fights, purses and politics but I think he'll stick to light welter if he can.

His brother Mathew fights at welter, but he's not in the same class.

jimbo12345
06-24-2007, 04:09 PM
just watched the punch. The delayed reaction was something. Did he get him on the ribs, under, or somewhere else?

Either way, what a way to finish someone off!

Why was Rooney there? To prove that he isnt the ugliest bloke in the world?

Chip Monk
06-24-2007, 04:12 PM
I think he probably caught him on the floating ribs. It looked about the right area for that. Rooney was there because he's his mate.

Tszyu actually phoned Hatton to give him advice on how to win the fight. He just seems to be quite a popular guy.

jimbo12345
06-24-2007, 04:19 PM
i saw a doc on Hatton, he seems a real decent lad. And, well, i wouldn't dare tell him otherwise....

Floating ribs? the ones that stick out at the bottom? I thought at first he'd really winded him, but the guy wasnt gasping for air, just looked, well, in pain and surprise.

JPaul
06-24-2007, 04:37 PM
Floating ribs are the ones which don't attach to the sternum. The ones, as you say, at the bottom. Two either side.

Busyman™
06-24-2007, 04:37 PM
i saw a doc on Hatton, he seems a real decent lad. And, well, i wouldn't dare tell him otherwise....

Floating ribs? the ones that stick out at the bottom? I thought at first he'd really winded him, but the guy wasnt gasping for air, just looked, well, in pain and surprise.

It's basically a kidney shot. It's the softest part in that area and it takes away the legs. You can be okay if you tense that area up. However, most people get caught there cuz they are guarding high.

That shot Hopkins gave De La Hoya looked fooking excruciating.

I like that Hatton beat Castillo like that so early in the fight. I didn't think of Kostya fight as being a whole lot being they fought where there were no Kostya fans and that I think Kostya was past his prime.

This fight is another story.

Hatton fought Castillo in Vegas.

Controlled the fight in every round.

KO'd (not TKO'd) him in before the idway point of the fight.

Impressive.

I also like how Hatton punches and his energy. I wish he could could a Antonio Margarito, De La Hoya, or Mayweather though but I would even be content for him to no-names at this point just cuz he's entertaining.

JPaul
06-24-2007, 04:39 PM
Isn't a kidney punch illegal, as it's too far round the back.

jimbo12345
06-24-2007, 04:43 PM

It's basically a kidney shot. It's the softest part in that area and it takes away the legs. You can be okay if you tense that area up. However, most people get caught there cuz they are guarding high.

That shot Hopkins gave De La Hoya looked fooking excruciating.

I like that Hatton beat Castillo like that so early in the fight. I didn't think of Kostya fight as being a whole lot being they fought where there were no Kostya fans and that I think Kostya was past his prime.

This fight is another story.

Hatton fought Castillo in Vegas.

Controlled the fight in every round.

KO'd (not TKO'd) him in before the idway point of the fight.

Impressive.

I also like how Hatton punches and his energy. I wish he could could a Antonio Margarito, De La Hoya, or Mayweather though but I would even be content for him to no-names at this point just cuz he's entertaining.

I guess the kidney shot is the one that makes you pee blood?

Watching Hattons face when he hit that punch, very controlled, powerful shot.

I think JP it was the body angle that Castillo got himself in.

JPaul
06-24-2007, 04:47 PM
BRITISH BOXING BOARD OF CONTROL

RULES OF BOXING

3.38 The following acts shall not be permitted during a Contest:-

hitting below the belt:
using the “pivot blow”:
hitting on the back of the head or neck:
kidney punching;
hitting with the open glove, the inside, or the butt or the back of the hand, or with the wrist or elbow;
holding, butting, or careless use of the head, shouldering, wrestling or roughing:
not trying;
persistently ducking below the waistline;
intentional falling without receiving a blow;
failing to break when so ordered, or striking or attempting to strike an opponent on the break;
deliberately striking a opponent when he is dropping to the floor or when he is down;
hitting an opponent after the termination of a round;
any other conduct which a Referee may deem foul;

My bold

Busyman™
06-24-2007, 04:50 PM
Isn't a kidney punch illegal, as it's too far round the back.

Not that I know of.

I always thought of it at one's side.

They are to the sides of the spine but also right behind your abs.

JPaul
06-24-2007, 04:51 PM
See above mate. I suspect the other organisations have similar rules.

Your kidneys are effectively in the small of your back, either side of the spine.

http://www.kidney.org.uk/Medical-Info/graphics_medic/man-2kidneys.gif

JPaul
06-24-2007, 04:52 PM
Oh and there's two.

You may be thinking about the liver punch.

Busyman™
06-24-2007, 04:54 PM
See above mate. I suspect the other organisations have similar rules.

Your kidneys are effectively in the small of your back, either side of the spine.

http://www.kidney.org.uk/Medical-Info/graphics_medic/man-2kidneys.gif

Gotcha. What's bad is that I knew that from anatomy but idiotically have always referred to that side shot as a kidney shot. I even said, "They are to the sides of your spine.":wacko:

:1eye:

Busyman™
06-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Oh and there's two.

You may be thinking about the liver punch.

Two?!:O

Not everyone has two.:sneaky:

JPaul
06-24-2007, 04:57 PM
:lol:

You have three ;)

fstrulz
06-26-2007, 08:00 PM
Late reply...

The real Castillo didn't show up. Castillo is actually know as one of the best "body shot" fighters and it's a shame that he got knocked out by a liver shot. I think his career is done or if he's lucky, Hatton might give him a rematch.

Hatton absolutely deserves all the credit. I believe now that he's one of the great fighters in the world right now. Hatton's just got my respects.

Sextent
06-26-2007, 08:06 PM
I know why you were confused. I downloaded the fight with the HBO coverage. They talked pish before the fight.

Proper Bo
06-26-2007, 08:14 PM
I know why you were confused. I downloaded the fight with the HBO coverage. They talked pish before the fight.

That's the stream I watched. It made me lol :earl:

Sextent
06-26-2007, 08:18 PM
The cunt with the big goggle eyes was an arse.

Busyman™
06-28-2007, 12:48 AM
Ha! Mayweather just announced that he's coming out of his 6-week retirement for a fight with Ricky Hatton on PPV.

Many think that it will be enough of a draw for PPV.

Last fight, Mayweather was not the draw. De La Hoya was the draw.

Either way I think Hatton can beat him. They are both undefeated.

Mayweather 38 and 0 - 24 KOs

Hatton 43 and 0 - 31 KOs

Hatton's last fight was way more impressive than Mayweather's.:ermm:

Proper Bo
06-28-2007, 12:58 AM
Have you seen any of hatton's other fights before?

jimbo12345
06-28-2007, 01:12 AM
Late reply...

The real Castillo didn't show up. Castillo is actually know as one of the best "body shot" fighters and it's a shame that he got knocked out by a liver shot. I think his career is done or if he's lucky, Hatton might give him a rematch.

Hatton absolutely deserves all the credit. I believe now that he's one of the great fighters in the world right now. Hatton's just got my respects.

See, i really thought it'd be a close match, but Hatton did his homework. I think in a rematch, Hatton would still come out on top pretty easily.

Never been hit like that, but if i had, i'd be overguarding the area like hell, leaving other places way too exposed possibly.

Would be good for a rematch though. I love watching how Hatton fights.

Busyman™
06-28-2007, 03:18 AM
Have you seen any of hatton's other fights before?

Yeah. Definitely not as many as you, most likely.

I don't get Englandville TV over here and that seems to basically be the only place he's fought.

Hatton is still not widely known over here. If he beats Mayweather that's exposure like a motherfucker.

Castillo still wasn't it for the general public here.

I had to show folks at work the youtube of that fight for people to go, "Damn!!!!".

Right now the folks I know have in high regard....

De La Hoya (even with him being past prime)
Hopkins
Trinidad (stock has gone down though)
Taylor
Mosely (stock has gone way down though)
Mayweather
Wright

there are others but if any of those are beaten, people take notice

If Hatton beats Mayweather, it immediately propels him to superstar over here. It is immediate respect in the eyes of many.

I think he can do it. I think Mayweather is a bit of shit after the De La Hoya fight. He wasn't entertaining. Hatton is entertaining and I wanna see entertaining fights.

Period.