PDA

View Full Version : RTS hacked

LaPistola
06-21-2007, 11:09 PM
Earlier today it seems that a hacker broke in and deletes some system files and basically all the torrents on the site - and backups have disappeared.

We ask you to please continue seeding the torrents that were here before the incident, as we are going to try and restore them asap.

//RTS Staff

eliteman
06-21-2007, 11:11 PM
wtf?

RTFM
06-21-2007, 11:12 PM
Site security FTW! :D

KFlint
06-21-2007, 11:15 PM
funny one :P

LaPistola
06-21-2007, 11:19 PM
not funny actual quote sent in mass pm, the site was down today and now there are only about 80 torrents up on the site, not a joke at all:cry:

DV8type
06-21-2007, 11:21 PM
Site security FTW! :D

thats funny

----Sad 2 hear RTS having more problems....some1 sure has it out for them :cry:

LaPistola
06-21-2007, 11:22 PM
ohhhh sorry i misinterpreted

Melvinmeow
06-22-2007, 12:45 AM
Earleir today RTS was hacked by a hacker who was a former user. This poopooface hacked into our database and found out we were really storing users passwords in non-encrypted form and thus was MAJORLY PISSED OFF and decided to nuke our site. (Please continue seeding your files until we can recover from this catastrophic loss of all your account information included passwords.) I mean loss of data.. Remember RTS staff will never ask you for your password because we can already see them anyways. Thanks RTS Staff

^^^ Found the above mentioned on another forum elsewhere. ^^^
Perhaps thats the reason they were hacked?

If you guys need any help with finding out who did it feel free to pm me. I can help you go through the logs to figure out how they got in.

Something Else
06-22-2007, 12:56 AM
I think that's a read between the lines of the first quote ;)

redMonster
06-22-2007, 03:55 AM
Damn, why is RTS having all the problems related to security? Someone really has some old enmity with it.

RTS
06-22-2007, 06:49 AM
We were not hacked, read the latest news for information on what caused this.

bled
06-22-2007, 10:21 AM

Do you really store passwords in plain text?! I'm not on RTS. But it would really interest me, as I would NEVER EVER register with a site where I know the passwords will be saved as plain text in the database isntead of using a hash.

RTS
06-22-2007, 11:13 AM

Do you really store passwords in plain text?! I'm not on RTS. But it would really interest me, as I would NEVER EVER register with a site where I know the passwords will be saved as plain text in the database isntead of using a hash.

We may of had some ddos attacks, but this does not mean our servers security isnt very very secure. And no, of course we do not keep it in plain text, it is encrypted, just to satisfy your interest.

Pluto
06-22-2007, 11:17 AM
ahwell its happened to other sites before, and it will happen again.
Cough * SCT *

clos
06-22-2007, 02:52 PM
god damn mother fucking script kities

Buggyme
06-22-2007, 03:10 PM

I think IRC passwords (for torrent sites) are stored in plain-text, that's why they ask you to use a different password for your account. I think account passwords are encrypted with MD5 or SHA1.

SHUVT
06-22-2007, 03:35 PM
I am still wondering why there were 2 notifications sent out. The first one was the one in this thread and there was another one that referenced the possibility of passwords and being accessed? hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Melvinmeow
06-22-2007, 09:34 PM
I am still wondering why there were 2 notifications sent out. The first one was the one in this thread and there was another one that referenced the possibility of passwords and being accessed? hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Even on their own site there was 2 differant posts..
The news early yesterday afternoon said the site was hacked. Then a few hrs later they changed it to say it was a "script" error.

Which one was it or was it a combination of both?

Also I know before when I tested your site when it was originally first opened your passwords were in plain text form. (Noticed when one of your staff asked me to test a few pages for injections. Reason I acctually deleted my own account when I saw that.) Perhaps you changed them to be encrypted since then who knows.

RTS
06-23-2007, 05:17 AM

The news early yesterday afternoon said the site was hacked. Then a few hrs later they changed it to say it was a "script" error.

Also I know before when I tested your site when it was originally first opened your passwords were in plain text form. (Noticed when one of your staff asked me to test a few pages for injections. Reason I acctually deleted my own account when I saw that.) Perhaps you changed them to be encrypted since then who knows.

Yes, the first notification by PM that our site was hacked, is false - this was not what caused the problem. Also users passwords were never in plain text form, they have always been encrypted.

redcorvette
06-23-2007, 07:03 AM
yea...its the script that caused the damage....not hackers or shit....

Melvinmeow
06-23-2007, 07:22 AM

Yes, the first notification by PM that our site was hacked, is false - this was not what caused the problem. Also users passwords were never in plain text form, they have always been encrypted.

Never as in NEVER? or Never as in since after the first week you were open?
Like I said I tested some of your scripts like the 2nd day your site was open and passwords were in fact in plain text. So seeing NEVER said by you is apparently a big lie. You may have changed them to be encrypted since then... but saying they were never plain text leads me to distrust you guys even more since you cant even fess up to what I know to be true cause I saw it with my own eyes.

And if you werent sure if you were hacked or whatever... why send a mass pm saying you were? Why not just leave people clueless like you apparently were at the time. You were better off waiting to gather all the facts then to jump the gun and say something happened and then change your comment.

TheManMKD
06-23-2007, 08:07 AM
:o

Buggyme
06-23-2007, 08:15 AM
Like I said I tested some of your scripts like the 2nd day your site was open and passwords were in fact in plain text. So seeing NEVER said by you is apparently a big lie. You may have changed them to be encrypted since then... but saying they were never plain text leads me to distrust you guys even more since you cant even fess up to what I know to be true cause I saw it with my own eyes.

How did you see it?
I thought they were using the TBDev source code, which by default encrypts users' passwords?

Melvinmeow
06-23-2007, 09:51 PM

How did you see it?
I thought they were using the TBDev source code, which by default encrypts users' passwords?

Just because it may/may-not be default doesnt mean all those options have to be used or turned on. TBDev source code is only a base to start from. There are often many many lines of code changed once you have completed the initial setup. Removing the md5 encryption is acctually fairly easy. I beleive maybe only 3 pages to remove it fully... and maybe not even more than 20 lines would even need to be removed from those 3 pages.

For instance im sure just because they are using VBulletin here on FST that doesnt mean they havent changed some stuff added/removed some of the basic functions. For example I know they have added other classes that wouldnt be on the default setup. Im sure several functions as well.

Basically you would just have to remove it from the takelogin, the takesignup, and bittorrant (file).

Something Else
06-23-2007, 10:00 PM
New poll idea:

Do you trust RTS ???

MrVictorRivers
06-23-2007, 10:06 PM
i dont see why an asshole would delete the files/torrents anyway.....i guess thats the thing to do....but still it seems...so.....wrong....i dont.. know...

TheFoX
06-23-2007, 10:30 PM
Storing plaintext is way too easy....

Just add a varchar(50) or a text field to the 'users' table, while leaving the hash check still in place. When the member submits the password, and it passes the check against the md5 hash stored in the users row, you then simply update the users row with the content of the password field submitted by the first script.

Now, as to WHY a site would want to store plain text passwords. Well that one is simple... By acquiring your passwords, they hope to gain entry to your accounts at other trackers. This is why it is sooo important to make sure you use a different password for each tracker you use. Simple security.

walczanin
06-23-2007, 10:43 PM

And if you werent sure if you were hacked or whatever... why send a mass pm saying you were? Why not just leave people clueless like you apparently were at the time. You were better off waiting to gather all the facts then to jump the gun and say something happened and then change your comment.

:O
well said MM

eliteman
06-23-2007, 11:03 PM
there is a new announcement which says that the problem was the the script was set to delete all torrents older than 3 days, maybe a hacker did that, but they don't know

dineitdark
06-24-2007, 06:16 AM
after reading this thing.. i think i won't have a RTS account in the future.. hehe too risky... :)

bytetorrent
06-24-2007, 06:34 AM
i am dissapointed.. i was begining to like the site .. 230+ torrents is all that left ..:frusty: ..

Qua
06-24-2007, 06:57 AM
Wooow,when they started their tracker allyou guys wanted in so badly.
But now when they hit a litle bump you all started trashin them.
No one is forcing you to be a member. If your m8 got in trobule woud you just turn your back on him and found some new frends or woud you tried to help? Guess the answer is clear.
I'm not a member there but now when some of you think the RTS is worth nothing I'll try to get in.
And it's allways easy to be general after the battle.

Schism
06-24-2007, 08:23 AM
users here do this all the time: bashing a new site is a prereq. but when it goes down it gets bashed even more, praised when it returns

deuce6000
06-24-2007, 09:28 AM
No one is forcing you to be a member. If your m8 got in trobule woud you just turn your back on him and found some new frends or woud you tried to help? Guess the answer is clear.
I'm not a member there but now when some of you think the RTS is worth nothing I'll try to get in.

Friends and torrent sites are a little different don't you think?Maybe torrent sites are your buddies who knows.I wanted in on that site in the beginning too after i heard the people starting it up saying that it was going to be a great site.It never turned out that way and now it just doesn't seem to be getting better how can you fault people for saying it sucks when by all means it does.

bloodhell
06-24-2007, 09:39 AM

Friends and torrent sites are a little different don't you think?Maybe torrent sites are your buddies who knows..

rofl ..
people have choices .. if they dont like something , they will tell to fuck off ..

nobody wants to be a part of an insecure "private " site ..

RTS has a nice design and nice design and nice design and nice design ... err maybe nothing else.. lol

Qua
06-24-2007, 10:36 AM
Look,all I ment i that some ppl don't think of trackers as just a place to get stuff they want,or things that can be used to trade.
Some like the community.
We all have our opinions,but it's sad to see how ppl bash it based on hear-say.

seppypom
06-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Hearsay is what RTS-Rep is feeding you. if Melvinmeow says he saw the passwords in plain text, then i believe that. i know that he is a stand up guy.

wildbytes
06-24-2007, 02:02 PM
Do you trust RTS ???

Hell No.

Lets see a site made up of mostly all account traders, that have been proven over and over again that they cant be trusted.

Wild

Melvinmeow
06-24-2007, 03:41 PM
Look,all I ment i that some ppl don't think of trackers as just a place to get stuff they want,or things that can be used to trade.
Some like the community.
We all have our opinions,but it's sad to see how ppl bash it based on hear-say.

TBH if I was just looking to shame their site...
I honestly would have mentioned this 2 days after they opened when I saw it.
I only mentioned it now cause someone apparently hacked into their site (In their own news it said that.) I assumed some people would at least want to change their passwords just in case this person(S) who hacked their site happened to make a backup of the users table. If he did he would have everyone on the sites passwords.

Qua
06-24-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm in no way affiliated with RTS-rep! Just becos I have different view on torrnet community. If Melvinmeow says he saw the passwords in plain text, then i guess he saw it,but isnt it possible that they fixed it since.
Edit; I didnt mean that what Melvinmeow said is hearsay. I hope he knows that i have nothing against him or you guys. It's just that there are lot of ppl out there and listening to them RTS sounds like a true face of evil,and thing is that most of them have no idea why they saying rubbish about it. It's mentality of a hurd. This is only place where is allowed to talk about it. On other places there is a general rule RTS sucks and any question related to that tracker is good enaugh reason to get banned.

Melvinmeow
06-24-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm in no way affiliated with RTS-rep! Just becos I have different view on torrnet community. If Melvinmeow says he saw the passwords in plain text, then i guess he saw it,but isnt it possible that they fixed it since.

Exactly what I said.. Doubtful... but they could have. I mentioned this 2 pages back.
The part that still gets me... even if they did fix it.. they lied and said they were never storing them in plain text. If they lied about that and I know they were storing them in that manner. What else are they lieing about?

wildbytes
06-24-2007, 03:56 PM

Exactly what I said.. Doubtful... but they could have. I mentioned this 2 pages back.
The part that still gets me... even if they did fix it.. they lied and said they were never storing them in plain text. If they lied about that and I know they were storing them in that manner. What else are they lieing about?

Yep i think i said point this out to many other people on a private forum like a month or so ago. Anyways if you want to use RTs fine just make sure you use a different password there.

Wild

Buggyme
06-24-2007, 04:18 PM

How did you see that they were storing it in plaintext?

Something Else
06-24-2007, 04:57 PM
go back a few pages buggyme

Patriot foreve
06-24-2007, 09:27 PM
well ,some attack RTS because it's being run by who was believed to be former traders ,alot just don't want a tracker run by traders to be a success one ,they just think that being a trader is like being a terrorist ,personally i trust RTS more than some other sites because i am sure that they wouldn't be giving or passing my (id,ip and mail) to some other trackers like some (Not Traders) staff did and do :whistling

well,may be the tracker didn't become a legend and it's not moving up fast and i guess that because it's being ddosed regularly from some haters who don't want that tracker to improve but regarding security ,personally if i had any fears that the staff their is a risk as some say then i would be one of the first to delete my acc but i didn't and i don't think i will do because until now i haven't seen any security risk on my acc or my friends accs

wildbytes
06-24-2007, 09:44 PM
well ,some attack RTS because it's being run by who was believed to be former traders ,alot just don't want a tracker run by traders to be a success one ,they just think that being a trader is like being a terrorist ,personally i trust RTS more than some other sites because i am sure that they wouldn't be giving or passing my (id,ip and mail ) to some other trackers like some (Not Traders) staff did and do :whistling

HAHA

I do and will pass on info to other site owners/staffers that see the same way as i do. Most if not all trackers now group up and share info on all cheaters and traders. Traders and cheaters do more bad then good and are not wanted anywhere really.

It does not matter if that site is run by former traders or not, the fact of the matter is that its run by untrusted people. Plus i dont beleave they are former traders. I have been told by some trusted people here on this site that all they did was get new accounts and still trading away.

Wild

Patriot foreve
06-24-2007, 10:18 PM
HAHA

I do and will pass on info to other site owners/staffers that see the same way as i do. Most if not all trackers now group up and share info on all cheaters and traders. Traders and cheaters do more bad then good and are not wanted anywhere really.

It does not matter if that site is run by former traders or not, the fact of the matter is that its run by untrusted people. Plus i dont beleave they are former traders. I have been told by some trusted people here on this site that all they did was get new accounts and still trading away.

Wild

have u ever thought that those who trade acertain tracker mayn't be involved in trading others ?

have u thought that may be some member is wrongfully banned from acertain tracker and teh staff won't probably wanna listen to him because they think that they are just more elite than him and then pass his info and also get banned on other trackers ?

have u thought that maybe acertain staff member was pissed of acertain member for an attitude or something and decide to pass his info as u do and others do and get him banned on other trackers that he had no problems with ?

have u thought that the acc that u r passing info may be possibly hacked by someone in the same country getting an innocent member to be banned on other trackers?

would u like to be put in same situation where your ip,mail ,personal info are being passed between hundreds of people jeopardizing your privacy?

These are just examples of how this can jeopardize some members privacy and causing innocent to be hurt

I am sure each single tracker can handle his problems regarding cheaters and traders alone with proper scripts and with some attention

you think it's moral to just destroy any privacy anyone may have and just don't respect their details but i think it's immoral ,infact i think that trackers are more risky than those who don't do that ;)

you say that RTS is being run by untrustable members ,do u even know them ,i know some of their staff from along time like jessica alba and i would personally trust him with my life if necessary

what i am sure of that RTS don't pass info or details to other trackers so members can get banned like what you and some others do because if that happened i will delete my acc there but i doubt that will ever happen and u don't call what u and some others do by passing info of your members and spreading them globally a security risk for members :lol:

unfortunately some like you just disapprove of the idea that there is atracker is being run by traders because some think that traders are some lower mean people which is far away from truth

you say that their staff are still traders which i doubt but do u think that other trackers staff don't trade ,i am not going to say names because privacy and secrecy of traders are essential for me but i personally traded with afew staff members and trackers admins before and some of them run well known trackers and if u ask around well ,maybe u can get some of these names

Qua
06-24-2007, 10:20 PM
HAHA

Wild
So RTS is unsecure for users and that's such a bad thing...but when you do it it's okay?
Double standards anyone?

Schism
06-24-2007, 10:21 PM
awesome post pf

DV8type
06-25-2007, 06:37 AM
lol, spoken like a true trader PF.

-RTS can have all the traders/cheaters....i doubt any reputable tracker wants them.

Melvinmeow
06-25-2007, 01:26 PM
HAHA

Wild
So RTS is unsecure for users and that's such a bad thing...but when you do it it's okay?
Double standards anyone?

Big differance.... RTS can use your info to get into and hijack any of their users accounts on other sites.
When tracker staff give out any information about cheaters ect... its to ban them off other sites.

TBH if we let the cheaters/traders on our sites without banning them you guys would probably be complaining about that. Since we ban cheaters/traders you complain about us getting them banned from other sites as well. Its a Lose/Lose situation. So personally Ill lose with sharing the info with other staff to get the asswipes banned.

Another thing... you guys make it look like the trading of bad users info is bad and all... Think of it in this manner as well.

UserA hacks into CrappingUpTheScene (CUTS) and the clowns from CUTS have no idea how to figure out who it was.
SiteA knows how to check the logs and offers to help them track down the hackers info.
SiteA and CUTS figure out the IP of the hacker. SiteA messages a few other staff throughout the communities with the IP to see if anyone has any info to put a name/email/anything to that IP. SiteA finds out who it is... sends the hack logs from CUTS to other communites trusted staff members and these other communities take action to fix their codes to prevent their sites from being vulnerable/bans the hackers ip.

You can see it as a bad thing while others see it as a good thing... it all depends on the manner of what/why its being passed I suppose really.

CUTS isnt a real site btw. Nor was it intended to shame any "Respectable" sites names. (Should you guys think it was directed at anyone)
::cough cough::

P.S. Was gonna comment about PF's long winded post but I decided to let him get off without being shamed ;)

wildbytes
06-25-2007, 01:47 PM
HAHA

Wild

have u ever thought that those who trade acertain tracker mayn't be involved in trading others ?

have u thought that may be some member is wrongfully banned from acertain tracker and teh staff won't probably wanna listen to him because they think that they are just more elite than him and then pass his info and also get banned on other trackers ?

have u thought that maybe acertain staff member was pissed of acertain member for an attitude or something and decide to pass his info as u do and others do and get him banned on other trackers that he had no problems with ?

have u thought that the acc that u r passing info may be possibly hacked by someone in the same country getting an innocent member to be banned on other trackers?

would u like to be put in same situation where your ip,mail ,personal info are being passed between hundreds of people jeopardizing your privacy?

These are just examples of how this can jeopardize some members privacy and causing innocent to be hurt

I am sure each single tracker can handle his problems regarding cheaters and traders alone with proper scripts and with some attention

you think it's moral to just destroy any privacy anyone may have and just don't respect their details but i think it's immoral ,infact i think that trackers are more risky than those who don't do that ;)

you say that RTS is being run by untrustable members ,do u even know them ,i know some of their staff from along time like jessica alba and i would personally trust him with my life if necessary

what i am sure of that RTS don't pass info or details to other trackers so members can get banned like what you and some others do because if that happened i will delete my acc there but i doubt that will ever happen and u don't call what u and some others do by passing info of your members and spreading them globally a security risk for members :lol:

unfortunately some like you just disapprove of the idea that there is atracker is being run by traders because some think that traders are some lower mean people which is far away from truth

you say that their staff are still traders which i doubt but do u think that other trackers staff don't trade ,i am not going to say names because privacy and secrecy of traders are essential for me but i personally traded with afew staff members and trackers admins before and some of them run well known trackers and if u ask around well ,maybe u can get some of these names

many sites now share info because something has to be done account trading and cheating is way out of control. We share info to help each other where its about code or a user. This info is not posted for all to see so its not like its being leaked to mpaa/riaa/fbi and other goverments its being shared with other trusted people. Its simple dont cheat trade accounts and all that stupid stuff and you have nothing to worry about.

Some say just use scripts to catch cheaters. Well this can be done but how many different scripts do we need. There are so many ways to cheat and you dont even need a cheat client to cheat. Now to catch every cheat out there would cause a huge site load and members will be bitching.

Wild

Qua
06-25-2007, 01:51 PM
Must admit that you have a point there,and a good one. It's a lose/lose situation for users as well. It's like we have to choose betwen our privacy and trackers full of cheaters.
One question, in theory...situation that you described. Did they got the dumb f**k who hacked certain site(i kinda don't like acronim:))

Melvinmeow
06-25-2007, 02:45 PM
Must admit that you have a point there,and a good one. It's a lose/lose situation for users as well. It's like we have to choose betwen our privacy and trackers full of cheaters.
One question, in theory...situation that you described. Did they got the dumb f**k who hacked certain site(i kinda don't like acronim:))

TBH the trackers full of cheaters/traders you really have to worry about your privacy more on. For example... RTS.

Sites which share some users info amongst each other we are only sharing bad users info... if your a respectable user you have no worries. Where on sites like RTS even if your a good respectable user... you have to worry about them hijacking your account since they still see your passwords lol

BTW sorry if you dont like my acronym. Does it stand for something else I dont know about?

OOOH 1,000 POSTS Hoora!! lmao

Patriot foreve
06-25-2007, 04:24 PM
Big differance.... RTS can use your info to get into and hijack any of their users accounts on other sites.
When tracker staff give out any information about cheaters ect... its to ban them off other sites.

P.S. Was gonna comment about PF's long winded post but I decided to let him get off without being shamed ;)

well,where did u get that info from ,RTS never hijack any accs because as long as i have seen till now there isn't asingle complaint either here in FST or in other communities,you guys are just making up things because u don't want atracker which is run by who was regarded as (Former Traders) to successed

if RTS hijacks accs as u say which is i find impossible to believe because personally if they wanted to hijack accs u would have seen alot of complaints of members claiming that they were hacked after joining RTS which has never happened

you are accusing RTS staff of hijacking accs ,well do u have any proof on that ,have u seen anyone of their members claim that or you are just supposing that because some of their staff were former traders and traders are always blacklisted to you (Respectable Torrent Trackers staff)

i don't know if what u said about their password storing system in the first 2 days of tracker launch but even if we suppose that to be true ,i am sure that has changed just right after it was spotted while the member base was like 10members and that issue was resolved just right after it was spotted and u just make that it's like the end of the world although instant action was taken and there were no harm done to any of these members and as their ComRep pointed that all members data are all encrypted and i think the guy know what he says well

i believe that almost all trackers use that tbdev source code and i don't say i know much about that stuff but if it was that then where were the coders who published that

in my previous post i have posted some various examples of alot that can be posted about you giving members details ,ip ,infos and spreading them globally ,if that isn't arisk to members and that i can accept having my details published to alot of trackers destroying my privacy and jeopradizing me to risk of being hacked because how the hell would i know that my info won't fall into some corrupted staff member somewhere

plz don't just tell me that it's for my own security that i share your info with other trackers sothat we can catch cheaters and traders because all those can be caught with proper scripts which is available already or those who can be developed and used besides afew attention from any staff and it just don't need to share your members details to other trackers (and i am not talking here as atrader)

from what i can see ,if you aren't a trader you are arespected staff which i really find it weird because same of those who u can specify as (Respected staff) and run some decent trackers sometimes trade and i personally traded with afew of them (yeah ,i was shocked at first to recieve just offers and i hesitated doing the first one as i thought it may be some kind of a setup but i took the risk and all went ok) and if u tried to dig up some info then u may be able to know some of them

if i had one doubt that RTS was arisk i would have never kept my account there and i would have deleted it but i didn't because personally i am willing to trust what u call traders who aren't respected in your opinion who would never pass any member details ,info ,ips to any other places because they respect everyones privacy than jeopardizing myself into (Your respected paradise) where my all info,details are being passed,spreaded globally

Melvinmeow
06-25-2007, 06:34 PM

well,where did u get that info from ,RTS never hijack any accs because as long as i have seen till now there isn't asingle complaint either here in FST or in other communities,you guys are just making up things because u don't want atracker which is run by who was regarded as (Former Traders) to successed

if RTS hijacks accs as u say which is i find impossible to believe because personally if they wanted to hijack accs u would have seen alot of complaints of members claiming that they were hacked after joining RTS which has never happened

It was never mentioned they were hijacking accounts. What was mentioned however was the FACT that they do not encrypt users passwords. The whole reason the hijacking topic arose was due to the fact that they lied about their site being hacked. I was merely pointing out due to the fact they dont encrypt their passwords on the site that all their users SHOULD change their passwords. (For their own security not mine...) If you dont want to change your passwords dont. Thats your own buissness. (However checking their logs I see even PF changed his password since my notice... HMMM THAT SOME STRONG FAITH IN RTS THERE EH? lol)

you are accusing RTS staff of hijacking accs ,well do u have any proof on that ,have u seen anyone of their members claim that or you are just supposing that because some of their staff were former traders and traders are always blacklisted to you (Respectable Torrent Trackers staff)

I never accused them of hijacking accounts again I tell you. But if they were being thruthful about their passwords not being encrypted... why would they have removed the encryption in the first place? Since the default scripts on ANY tracker source I have ever seen in the last few yrs have had the encryption built in for you already. Why store users passwords in plain text if your not trying to hijack accounts/shit.???
TBH I dont really know many of the RTS staff nor do I really care who they are... Im sure alot of you are traders ect... but TBH WTF does that have to do with the need to store passwords in plain txt on their site?
Their staff are acctually blacklisted cause most of them (That I do know & have heard about... Are all >> ASSHOLES,cheaters,traders,TROUBLE on sites.<< If you want me to word it correctly. ;) )

i don't know if what u said about their password storing system in the first 2 days of tracker launch but even if we suppose that to be true ,i am sure that has changed just right after it was spotted while the member base was like 10members and that issue was resolved just right after it was spotted and u just make that it's like the end of the world although instant action was taken and there were no harm done to any of these members and as their ComRep pointed that all members data are all encrypted and i think the guy know what he says well
I did everyone a favor and checked their site yesterday (with 1 of the staff from RTS permission). Their passwords are STILL not encrypted as they werent when I noted it on DAY 2 of being open. Their site had 4 other injection spots which even if their passwords were encrypted would allow people to still hijack accounts. Is there even more than 10 members on that site at this very moment??? There was no action nor instant action taken even to this point about the passwords. Their commrep obviously doesnt know his head from his tail end.. You can assure this by his 3 changes in his wording.. Example check their reason for the torrents dissapearing. for a few hrs it was a hacker... then it was a scrypt error. Get the freaken facts straight. Which was it? Personally I think they dissapeared cause I sat on the server and the files popped.

i believe that almost all trackers use that tbdev source code and i don't say i know much about that stuff but if it was that then where were the coders who published that
Most probably do...TBDEV is one of the most popular sources ive seen. The default source you find anywhere I know of... has encryption of passwords turned on.

in my previous post i have posted some various examples of alot that can be posted about you giving members details ,ip ,infos and spreading them globally ,if that isn't arisk to members and that i can accept having my details published to alot of trackers destroying my privacy and jeopradizing me to risk of being hacked because how the hell would i know that my info won't fall into some corrupted staff member somewhere
Read my previous post... TBH if your concerned about us giving out 1 or 2 users ips ect... you should really be concerned about RTS... If I log into a staff members account (Which I probably could... see txt passwords refrence/injections.) I could see all the ips of traders that I could possibly care to see if I wanted. (We all know 99% of their userbase is FST users.) Which does not mean they are all bad.. The point being MOST of them are probably traders. Which also is not bad. But some people consider them bad. Either case if I wanted/cared to I could turn it into my own TRADER nabbin HONEYPOT. so to speak. NOTE: I am not saying im hacking their site or that I will im only stating facts and points of view. I never condone in hacking any sites without permission.

plz don't just tell me that it's for my own security that i share your info with other trackers sothat we can catch cheaters and traders because all those can be caught with proper scripts which is available already or those who can be developed and used besides afew attention from any staff and it just don't need to share your members details to other trackers (and i am not talking here as atrader)
TBH theres new cheats written regularly. We try and counter these... however, not every cheat script can be detected. And many times if a certain site knows how to catch 1 method doesnt mean we all due. Many times the methods of catching new cheat clients are not published due to the fact when they are... the code writers of these cheats just find new ways to bypass them. If you have a warrant for your arrest... your picture/info is passed through the police departments in neighboring states even... If you want to complain about info being swapped... go complain to your state legislators.

from what i can see ,if you aren't a trader you are arespected staff which i really find it weird because same of those who u can specify as (Respected staff) and run some decent trackers sometimes trade and i personally traded with afew of them (yeah ,i was shocked at first to recieve just offers and i hesitated doing the first one as i thought it may be some kind of a setup but i took the risk and all went ok) and if u tried to dig up some info then u may be able to know some of them
This statement is completely incorrect. I acctually know of quite alot of users here who are not staff on any sites that I would call a respectable torrent user... What you consider to be respectable staff... may not be what some of consider respectable staff.. EX: Just cause I think someone is an ass... doesnt mean your definition of them will be they are an ass as well will it? Im sure some trackers staff do trade for accounts. (I can acctually name a few.) Doesnt mean we all do. TBH ALL of the people I talk to dont need to trade accounts. (We know each other and can just ask for an account on their site. EX: If I pmed Wild right now asking for an invite to his site I know I would definately get 1. (Even though im already a member and dont need 1.)

if i had one doubt that RTS was arisk i would have never kept my account there and i would have deleted it but i didn't because personally i am willing to trust what u call traders who aren't respected in your opinion who would never pass any member details ,info ,ips to any other places because they respect everyones privacy than jeopardizing myself into (Your respected paradise) where my all info,details are being passed,spreaded globally

For someone who has complete faith... you seemed to have changed your password again I say since this topic was started. Im not sure who your trying to fool with the comment they wouldnt pass your info to other people... JA messaged me a few weeks ago with a RTS members name,ip,email asking if I had them on my site. I told him I didnt know who they were... TBH (Nothing against JA) but if I did know who they were he would have still gotten the same answer I gave. IF you feel so strongly about them... then so be it. Thats your perogitive. You are subject to your own opinions. I am not trying to cause any shame to RTS. (They do a well enough job shaming themselves so I dont even need to.) I was only pointing out that they should encrypt their users passwords. If they cared for their users as you so say... then they would just encrypt them and prove they are encrypted so this topic can die.

P.S. Orange in the quote = my reply. Blue = PF's original comments.

Alien5
06-25-2007, 06:49 PM
this is the best argument since ftwin banned 99% of fst :shifty:

Something Else
06-25-2007, 07:08 PM
In horse-racing, when a horse becomes sick or is found to have a terminal disease, it is put down, to put it out of it's misery. Perhaps it's time this same philosophy was applied to RTS. I don't think they are capable of running anything. lmao
Oh and the other day when I said I had deleted my acct and didn't trust them, their overly attacking, defensive reaction told me everything I needed to know and showed everyone else too. :):)

SHUVT
06-25-2007, 07:13 PM
Hands the community a loaded rifle and hopes that the death is quick and painless.

clubzz
06-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Hands the community a loaded rifle and hopes that the death is quick and painless.

Why must it be painless? :cry:

fridash
06-25-2007, 08:23 PM
rts was never that good to begin with...

OmaRin0
06-25-2007, 08:28 PM
i NEVER thought that RTS can do a fucking thing like this - store our passwords on a non-encrypted form :angry:,
cuz it was so famous, PATRIOT FOREVE did a HUGE review, he always said it's one of the best, then we discover that it's not secure.
pfff what a shame RTS :pinch:

maynard
06-25-2007, 08:40 PM
i would really like if an RTS admin would stand up and answer everything thats being said..

pECi
06-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Omarino...how could u say such mean things about patriot forever :lol: can't u see he is the defender of all who promotes him to vip :lol:

open your eyes, not everything shiny worths the effort

all these staffers with trackers several years old and with thousands or tenths of thousands users torrents peers are jealous on a 2 months old tracker with 200 torrents...yeah right...:rolleyes:

SHUVT
06-25-2007, 09:10 PM
all these staffers with trackers several years old and with thousands or tenths of thousands users torrents peers are jealous on a 2 months old tracker with 200 torrents...yeah right...:rolleyes:

Don't Hate just because they are "Running The Scene"! ROFL :lol:

Something Else
06-25-2007, 09:25 PM
Me points the gun towards Mr.Foreve and Ms.Alba ;) rofl

JA
06-25-2007, 10:08 PM
Me points the gun towards Mr.Foreve and Ms.Alba ;) rofl
I didn't want to be involved in this since i find it pointless, yet your shooting me for what purpose?

Something Else
06-25-2007, 11:25 PM
For sport, darling ;)
And it's the community holding the gun not me ;)

Rugmuncher
06-25-2007, 11:26 PM
As the server administrator of Running The Scene im going to sort this out.

* The server was not hacked.
* A cleanup script " cleaned " the wrong torrents. ( badly configured script within tbdev )
* The DB is not comprimised.
* The DB table - passwd's is encrypted via hash.
* The server is secure - However, we are taking on " intermittent " dDOS attacks.

If you have ANY questions regarding the RTS server/systems/networking/security/DB security - Feel free to email me - sysadmin@r**************.org

" KNOW your FACTS before you post rubbish about another torrent site that you don't even have backend axx to. "

Rugmuncher
06-25-2007, 11:32 PM
Greetings,

Rugmuncher - Server Administrator - R**************.ORG

Just to outline a few points;

* The server was not " hacked ". The server is secure.
* Badly configured cleanup script wiped the torrents.
* The DB table for passwd's is encrypted via hash.
* The DB is SECURE.
* RTS is being attacked via dDOS syn wait flood.

Make sure you have FACT(s) before you shout off what happened to a torrent site that you don't even have backend axx too.

If you have any questions regarding RTS server systems - sysadmin@r**************.org

Best Regards,
Rugmuncher
Server Systems Administration NZ

lovewalrus
06-25-2007, 11:34 PM
I didn't want to be involved in this since i find it pointless, yet your shooting me for what purpose?

jesica alba is number 1 prostitute in whole of bit torrent invite section

congratulation :)

Rugmuncher
06-25-2007, 11:55 PM
My second post;

If indeed the passwords were kept in plainform text for the first 2 days that the site was created, whats the problem? It was only two days that it was not encrypted. As far as i can see the DB table is now encrypted, and is working fine... Really i don't see any security risks at all, and even if the passwords were in plaintext you wouldn't be able to access them directly without root axx because of the permissions on the log.php of the time.

LOGS OWN THE INEXPERIENCED.

edit;

As far as I can see ( along with my two techs investigating also ) we haven't found a peice of source on the RTS box which would allow a data breach/leak. We have been through most of the essential tbdev source and i can't find any holes ( except a few that is totally unrelated ). I cannot see logically HOW the passwords would have been non-encrypted ( plaintext form ) ? Because whoever " tuned off password encryption " would have to remove a few pages of code? There is no logical or technical explanation for the passwords to be stored in plaintext... Now, i did cover the possibility of the passwords being stored in plaintext form, however you would need root axx to access the log ( that displays the passwd changes / site log )..

The issue;

Too many know it all kids with nothing else better to do.
Kids who see something better out there so they put the little ones down.
When the unsure gets kicked down, the scavengers go in for a feed.
Social RUBBISH is being created to put RTS down due to the members of RTS history.
Recent downtime due to dDOS attack(s) - More put downs by kids.
Competition - Other torrent sites organising social rubbish against RTS, launching attacks on RTS via dDOS.
Torrents wiped via cleanup script - goodbye majority of torrents.
We are UNIQUE, unlike many torrent sites out there.

Come on people, You all seem very nice but you all have different perspectives on RTS. I don't know why you hate or love rts. However I can tell you that the community of RTS is welcoming to new and current members, we don't hold GRUDGES. . Our server systems are secure and private.

Im trying to say;

If you have a problem with RTS or its systems email ME! If you question RTS's server systems, question me... I work on the server most the time so i know it better than any other member on this forum. If you want to express your own opinion on RTS do so! but provide accurate facts that everyone can read and decide what they want to think about rts....

I couldn't care less if your not interested in RTS, I don't care. Im just getting the message out to everyone; We are having a hard time but we still appreciate you using our site, we appreciate the GREATFULL members who come back to our torrent site and include themselves positively in the community.

To the people out there who are against RTS;

Calm down, we are just another torrent site on that huge thing called the inter-webs. Instead of creating a playground, create a lounge of mature users. not kids.

IMHO :)

Best Regards,
Rugmuncher

Alien5
06-26-2007, 12:09 AM
Earlier today it seems that a hacker broke in and deletes some system files and basically all the torrents on the site - and backups have disappeared.

We ask you to please continue seeding the torrents that were here before the incident, as we are going to try and restore them asap.

//RTS Staff doesn't the first post count anymore then?

Something Else
06-26-2007, 12:14 AM
There is way too much contradiction from the staff there, it appears they don't know their proverbial ass from their elbow. ;)

aphroDJiac
06-26-2007, 12:16 AM
RTS will thrive with great followers so this is a little small incident that Rug and others will get straight. People need to remove the stick in their bum bum and enjoy life a little.

Rugmuncher
06-26-2007, 12:21 AM
doesn't the first post count anymore then?

All i can honestly say is; mis-informed staff member who made the mass PM.

As the staff member didn't have access to logs to see that the cleanup script had run with the wrong config/crontab time.

nadeem111as
06-26-2007, 12:58 AM
every body do mistakes
it is normal hope they fix all bugs and to be sharp
in the future

Xtremist
06-26-2007, 01:00 AM
:o

Rugmuncher
06-26-2007, 01:09 AM
Once again we are being dDOS'd.

If the kid who is responsible for this, wants to front up with his nickname/alias or what he WANTS. Then I won't take flooding action against his tiny botnet?

Seriously, don't these kids learn. Don't f*ck with the experienced.

wildbytes
06-26-2007, 01:13 AM
Once again we are being dDOS'd.

If the kid who is responsible for this, wants to front up with his nickname/alias or what he WANTS. Then I won't take flooding action against his tiny botnet?

Seriously, don't these kids learn. Don't f*ck with the experienced.

Good luck on that.

We get hit everyday with a ddos. some days worse then others. Many many other sites get also so you are not the only ones. Most of use are sure its from the anti p2p group. All i can say is log all ips that are ddosing and then ban the hole range or proxy host.

Wild

mforcex
06-26-2007, 01:14 AM
Earleir today RTS was hacked by a hacker who was a former user. This poopooface hacked into our database and found out we were really storing users passwords in non-encrypted form and thus was MAJORLY PISSED OFF and decided to nuke our site. (Please continue seeding your files until we can recover from this catastrophic loss of all your account information included passwords.) I mean loss of data.. Remember RTS staff will never ask you for your password because we can already see them anyways. Thanks RTS Staff^^^ Found the above mentioned on another forum elsewhere. ^^^

If you guys need any help with finding out who did it feel free to pm me. I can help you go through the logs to figure out how they got in.
They can already see your password? Is this true for all torrent sites? I thought everything is supposed to be encrypted, and passwords couldn't be seen.

Something Else
06-26-2007, 01:17 AM
All torrent sites encrypt your password by default if they are using TBDEV. The option has to be manually removed as it was in this case from what I've read.

wildbytes
06-26-2007, 01:18 AM
My second post;

If indeed the passwords were kept in plainform text for the first 2 days that the site was created, whats the problem? It was only two days that it was not encrypted. As far as i can see the DB table is now encrypted, and is working fine... Really i don't see any security risks at all, and even if the passwords were in plaintext you wouldn't be able to access them directly without root axx because of the permissions on the log.php of the time.

there is so much wrong with this that i dont even know where to start. Why in hell would you edit source code to even take out the hash to even store this in plain text.:ermm:

if it is fixed now i would not put it past them that files were changed so that it stores then in plain text and in hash/md5.. Just shows again not to trust this site.

Also you dont need log.php to see this info, all you would have to do is set up a section in userdeatils.php and set it to sysop class or what ever class and you can see passwords if in plain text, you could also have a search script where all you have to do is search a users name and it tells you password. So again such a bad idea and proves site cant be trusted.

^^^ Found the above mentioned on another forum elsewhere. ^^^

They can already see your password? Is this true for all torrent sites? I thought everything is supposed to be encrypted, and passwords couldn't be seen.

No this is not true. All trusted sites would never do this. As of right now i only know 1 site that has ever done this or tried this and it is RTS.

wild

mforcex
06-26-2007, 01:20 AM
All torrent sites encrypt your password by default if they are using TBDEV. The option has to be manually removed as it was in this case from what I've read.
You have got to be kidding me... so at any time, an admin can turn off the encrypt feature and check out your password?

This can't be... I mean... I thought ALL websites encrypted passwords, torrent site or not.

EDIT:
Do you guys use a unique password for every website, a few passwords, or one password?

wildbytes
06-26-2007, 01:25 AM
You have got to be kidding me... so at any time, an admin can turn off the encrypt feature and check out your password?

This can't be... I mean... I thought ALL websites encrypted passwords, torrent site or not.

No you would have to remove the the md5 hash code and change this to save as plain text. All torrent source codes use md5 hash

I use a different password on ever site, and you should also.

Wild

TheFoX
06-26-2007, 02:18 AM
No this is not true. All trusted sites would never do this. As of right now i only know 1 site that has ever done this or tried this and it is RTS.

wild

This is actually the second time a site has stored passwords as plaintext. I cannot remember the name of the first site to do it, but I do remember that they used the plaintext passwords to access the members' accounts at another tracker, and leeched from those members' accounts.

The information is on TPG, but since it is currently down, no one can reference it.

The ONLY reason to store plaintext passwords is to allow the Site Operators access to similar accounts on other trackers. PERIOD...

Gish
06-26-2007, 02:50 AM
its funny... I would be able to forgive rts but since RTS the member here at FST and staff at RST has not respond in defense since the first page. it is just making them look as guilty as many other members here say they are.... I will no longer be using RTS.

seppypom
06-26-2007, 03:00 AM
I think all that had to be done, was to explain from the beginning. So if the passwords where plain text for 2 days, why say they never where?

Buggyme
06-26-2007, 04:50 AM
I think all that had to be done, was to explain from the beginning. So if the passwords where plain text for 2 days, why say they never where?

Well, it's just word for word.
Melvinmeow said the passwords were in plaintext.
RTS said the passwords were always encrypted.

I think, like wild said, we should just use different passwords at all sites just to be 100% sure.

I did code for RTS for a bit when the site started, and I saw nothing wrong with the user authentication system as they were using the default TBDev system (MD5 encryption). And because of this, I have to defend RTS. (BTW, IRC passwords are not encrypted, that's why there's a note saying that you should use a different password than the site password)

I'm not sure why you guys think that the staff members are untrusted and are account 'stealers'. I've personally been in contact with them and know that they have absolutely no motive to steal others' accounts as they already have 'good' accounts in most torrent sites. Why wouldn't they? They have seedboxes, and axx too.

I'm not even sure how, and I mean, the technical details, on how melvinmeow came to see that the passwords were not encrypted. So, if you can PM me melvinmeow, that would be great. Same goes with wild, where exactly did you hear that RTS is untrusted from? If you can explain that to me in PM, that would be nice too, because I'm seriously lost on why you guys think that RTS is untrusted.

its funny... I would be able to forgive rts but since RTS the member here at FST and staff at RST has not respond in defense since the first page. it is just making them look as guilty as many other members here say they are.... I will no longer be using RTS.

Personally, I don't think RTS can do anything in response.
As I said before, it's just word for word. Melvinmeow's against RTS'.

Rugmuncher
06-26-2007, 05:07 AM
How about melvinmeow PM's me on how he read these logs of plaintext.

If he can't come up with it, well ill just post and confirm that he didn't gain access to the rts box.

IMHO; melvinmeow is creating social rubbish to put down a troubled torrent site..

Should I post the attacking IP's? ;)

Patriot foreve
06-26-2007, 07:59 AM
(However checking their logs I see even PF changed his password since my notice... HMMM THAT SOME STRONG FAITH IN RTS THERE EH? lol)

i guess you were checking another siteor you just want to talk shit about the tracker because it's being run by former traders ,Patriot foreve never changed his pass or resetted it at RTS by any means ,i guess either you don't know what you are talking about or u are just imagaining alot of things lately because i dare you to get me any log showing me changing my password there and i am talking about tracker passwoird not irc password

Their staff are acctually blacklisted cause most of them (That I do know & have heard about... Are all >> ASSHOLES,cheaters,traders,TROUBLE on sites.<< If you want me to word it correctly

first of all ,i don't think that a (Respected ComRep) should talk about another staff with that low language ,some of their staff were former traders but taht doesn't mean that they are cheaters or a**hoiles as u say

i guess you and some others just can't accept the fact that there is atracker which is being run by former traders and unfortunately some think that that tracker must be terminated and removed by all means necessary

PATRIOT FOREVE did a HUGE review, he always said it's one of the best, then we discover that it's not secure.
pfff what a shame RTS :pinch:

patriot foreve did alot of huge reviews including reviews to scn,rts,el-sl,danishbits and alot others

Patriot foreve has nothing to be shamed of because he knows that RTS staff are all trusted members and would never do anything to jeopardize any member security like what others do by passing your info,ip,details,mails globally to other trackers

Patriot foreve was the one who refused to co-operate with atracker who offered him almost anyhelp that he could need along with ability to get him some other accs he may need for giving up some trader's info because he is loyal and he can be trusted and hundreds who dealt with me know exactly how patriot will never do anything or pass any info to anyone else

Secondly:The RTS Server Adminstrator confirms that all members details are encrypted so i am willing to take aword from someone who is in the tracker and maintains it always than someone who just want teh tarcker down because it's run by former traders

Omarino...how could u say such mean things about patriot forever :lol: can't u see he is the defender of all who promotes him to vip :lol:

open your eyes, not everything shiny worths the effort

pECi don't start your personal vendetta shit with me here ,Alot of members here knows me well and alot of them trust me and they know excatly how fair am i ,, Patriot foreve is avip in alot of trackers and communities and he critizie alot of them

at least i am not aformer trader like you who just decides to declare war on all traders after he finished getting what he want ,banning them although he was one of those traders b4 and traded his way but after he was an admin to some tracker ,he just forgot everything and start banning because he likes the power

doesn't the first post count anymore then?

at least they returned back and said that it was something else because they respect their members and that their members should know the truth about what really happened

what RTS staff can say more than that all the passwords are encrypted ,their server adminstrator confirmed that and he asked where that news came from and asked to pm him if

check the following posts

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-rts-hacked-post2084894/postcount70

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-rts-hacked-post2084927/postcount72

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-rts-hacked-post2085289/postcount89

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-rts-hacked-post2085320/postcount90

unfortunately some want to bring RTS down by all means necessary because they don't want atracker which is run by former traders from here to become asuccess

The tracker is being ddosed hourly ,from my point of view if that tracker was left for only 6 weeks without being attacked with that rate ,you woulkd see avery successful tracker but unfortunately soem want it down by any means

Something Else
06-26-2007, 09:21 AM
arsehole, and I think 10, 000 agree ;)

Patriot foreve
06-26-2007, 09:34 AM
arsehole, and I think 10, 000 agree ;)

who are u talking to or what are u talking about?

wildbytes
06-26-2007, 12:49 PM
unfortunately some want to bring RTS down by all means necessary because they don't want atracker which is run by former traders from here to become asuccess

The tracker is being ddosed hourly ,from my point of view if that tracker was left for only 6 weeks without being attacked with that rate ,you woulkd see avery successful tracker but unfortunately soem want it down by any means

Again many many torrent sites get ddosed every day. we have been getting ddosed for over a year. Some days just much worse. But you learn to filter the attacts untill they learn and change there ways and start again.

There is not 1 tracker that is worried about RTS. Only thing people are worried about is who is running the site and what are they up too. See some people might think JA and others are trusted but thats only FSt members as they have done many trades and giveaways. But the rest of the torrent world puts them in a class of untrusted and unwanted everywhere. I can go on and on but i wont. To me its a risk to be there but if you really want to be use MAKE SURE TO USE A DIFFERENT PASSWORD.

I dont give 2 shits if it makes it or fails.

Wild

TheFoX
06-26-2007, 12:55 PM
Think about poor old TorrentBytes. They have had their fill this year, and have been attacked more than any other tracker.

I think RTS is getting off lightly in the DOS stakes.

Melvinmeow
06-26-2007, 01:05 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-rts-hacked-post2085592/postcount91
Being ddos'es isnt a think anyone other than the sites admin & the attackers themselves can control. Asking for 6 weeks is kinda funny cause if these people are attacking the site they are doing so for a specific reason. I doubt they would stop attacking it for 6 weeks just because you asked them nicely to stop.
Your password was changed. I confirmed this by checking your passhash ;)
(Yes I did say passhash. They are using encrypted passwords... Cannot confirm since when... But I know they are now encrypted.)

You are correct with my wording... Im sorry for calling them assholes.
I could have come up with a better (non-understandable to many) word or kept my comments to myself. (Also notice I said MOST I did not say ALL) ;)

I can accept the fact that theres a new tracker. I could care less open 10 trader trackers for all I care. 10 trackers with traders means theres 10* more posts for traders to look through for their trades. Doesnt effect me in any way since accounts on my site are RARELY traded. And if they are Traded 99% chance they get banned. So not sure what a new trader tracker would have to do to be a conflict to me really...

Why are you talking about Patriot as if you were talking about Bob the people greater from walmart? Your referring to yourself should all those comments saying "Patriot Forever" be replaced with "I"??

Wont comment about Peci cause I dont really know all that much about him to comment on TBH.

I am in no way trying to bring RTS down as you suggested. I could care less. Stay up, Go down, rename your site, open a online mini mart... makes no differance to me. Not sure what would make you think I was soooo wanting RTS to be closed or whatever. The Reason I posted about the passwords to begin with was due to the fact THEY SAID THE SITE WAS HACKED. Which case I merely suggested users should change their passwords for the obvious reasons... TBH if my site was hacked I would suggest the same exact thing to my own users.. I am very much for keeping users informed on anything that may effect their account. Example:
Somebody with *.*.*.* just tried to log in on your account using the wrong password! (*'s are replacing the password.) This pm gets sent to any user if someone attempts to login to their account with the incorrect password. Example2: I also sent a mass pm to users about a week ago regaurding someone who was trying to hijack multi accounts instructing users to change their passwords. (I do not have this pm anymore to post exactly why it said. But if any users from FST remember seeing the PM I sent regaurding this they can comment to confirm I really did send it.)

In closing I would like to comment...

I was given a ftp login to check the source code on RTS this morning. And after myself going through their sites code. I can now STATE that their site follows any normal torrent sites methods of encryption and the storing of passwords.

I do not know if this was changed recently or even on Day2 of their site being open... Regaurdless if you have any questions about your password on their site... change your password today and you should be fine.

P.S. To cover my ASSets so to speak... I took this snapshot to confirm that the ftp login they provided me does not work. (Just in case their site crashes or gets deleted or anything. I cannot be blamed.) Also I blurred out their sites name/ip in the flash window to keep it anonymous.

http://tophos.org/bitbucket/rtssnapshot.JPG
^^ Notice the time there and the time of my last edit. ^^

Buggyme
06-26-2007, 01:18 PM
I think the issue has been resolved now.
I have talked to melvinmeow personally, and I think it's time to lock the post before it becomes a flame war. If anyone would like to add anything, you can PM me and I will unlock it.