PDA

View Full Version : Need help with BitMeTV...

Sylar666
06-22-2007, 04:51 PM
Hi all! Please help me. I ran into a weird problem.
Funny thing is - I was able to register. I can read, browse site...I can download torrent - file. Only thing I cannot do is actually download. Torrent never starts: neither in my Utorrent 1,7 (recent build), nor in my seedbox. Mesage: "Client banned or out of date". Has never happened to me before elsewhere. all other trackers are working but this one. What is the explanation 4 that?:ermm:
Best regards, and thanx in advance:
Sylar666

seppypom
06-22-2007, 04:56 PM
Like the message said, use a client that they allow, like the stable version of utorrent 1.6.1 and not the beta version

Sylar666
06-22-2007, 05:14 PM
Like the message said, use a client that they allow, like the stable version of utorrent 1.6.1 and not the beta version
U do not understand - although thanx 4 Your precious time and effort...My main concern is my seedbox - I usually run that, because speed is superior to my home ADSL. That said I have never encountered a tracker, which banned BitTornado 0.3.18 , which is a basis for Torrentflux. That is the problem. I do not care much about my home connection - nowadays I'd rather drag recently downloaded films from the FTP of my rented server to my PC. So some better piece of advice?

seppypom
06-22-2007, 05:26 PM
from their FAQ, which by the way is http://www.bitmetv.org/faq.php

# Bittornado

* It is STRONGLY recommended Windows users DONT use Bittornado as it is inferior to Azureus or other acceptable client. If you should choose to use BitTornado, the only allowed version is: 0.3.17

Sylar666
06-22-2007, 05:56 PM
from their FAQ, which by the way is http://www.bitmetv.org/faq.php

# Bittornado

* It is STRONGLY recommended Windows users DONT use Bittornado as it is inferior to Azureus or other acceptable client. If you should choose to use BitTornado, the only allowed version is: 0.3.17
I have not seen that one...Thanx, I appreciate that! Too bad. I rent the server - and since it ain't mine, I cannot change the Client. But at last I have the proper answer: My friend who runs the seedbox has just upgraded from version 0.3.17 to 0.3.18. Pfff...:ermm:
Well., thanx for clearing the dust. But I have to remark, that I never had any problems with any trackers (due to recent versionb BitTornado 0.3.18.) Guess, that my buddy won't undo upgrade, anyway. So home - seeding remains...;)