PDA

View Full Version : Hosting-Ie seedbox

Ferha
06-22-2007, 05:13 PM
I have a few questions before ordering a seedbox.

http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/15/48/

I am thinking to order Dedic Raptor Pro Lin 585 for 68€.
So here it comes:

-Can i reach with this server 10mB/s down/up?
-Is it possible to share server with more people?
-What means Raid optional?
-Bandwidth is unlimited so this means I don't need to worry that i will go over the limit and that i would need to pay some extra money?
-Do I get Windows Server 2003 for free?

That would be all for now...

DV8type
06-22-2007, 06:56 PM
-Can i reach with this server 10mB/s down/up? You should be able to...they said 100mbit but it is more than likely shared so it will be burstable to 100mbit....meaning you can acheive those speeds but dont expect them all the time.

-Is it possible to share server with more people? Yes, give them their own account

-What means Raid optional? You can add a 2nd HDD as a backup that mirrors the first or add more HDD

-Bandwidth is unlimited so this means I don't need to worry that i will go over the limit and that i would need to pay some extra money? So they Say

-Do I get Windows Server 2003 for free? Looks like

btw, dont forget about those set up fees....

limpdickkid
06-23-2007, 05:11 AM
Also Raid0 is additional HDD whereas Raid1 means backup HDD.
So if you have 2x80 in RAID0 you have 160GB space, but if you have 2x80 in RAID1 you have only 80GB.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ferha
06-23-2007, 10:59 AM
-Can i reach with this server 10mB/s down/up? You should be able to...they said 100mbit but it is more than likely shared so it will be burstable to 100mbit....meaning you can acheive those speeds but dont expect them all the time.

But this servers are dedicated... :ermm:

-Is it possible to share server with more people? Yes, give them their own account

So there can be more accounts on one seedbox?

-Bandwidth is unlimited so this means I don't need to worry that i will go over the limit and that i would need to pay some extra money? So they Say

So u say that they may lie?

-What means Raid optional? You can add a 2nd HDD as a backup that mirrors the first or add more HDD

But I can also decide not to have RAID?

Thnx for answering...

Daniel
06-23-2007, 05:34 PM
What DV8type probably means is that you will have a full 100MBit port that you don't need to share like you do with a VPS, BUT you are not guaranteed any speeds either. It may just be the issue that offering unlimited traffic is something all of their customers find attractive and therefore take more than their network can handle. This in return means that depending on the popularity of Hosting-IE and the quality as well as bandwidth of their backbones, you will not get the full speed all of the time, if ever.

I would generally take any unlimited traffic servers with a 100MBit connection with a grain of salt, though - especially at these conditions. You are not likely to reach the full 100MBit most of the time, but speeds up to 10, 20 or even 30 MBit/s should be acceptable for you.

Let us know how it goes.

DV8type
06-23-2007, 05:46 PM
But this servers are dedicated... :ermm:
Yes they are dedicated server but not necessarily the connection. Its more than likely a shared 100mbit connection. You should be good, im sure you will get real good speeds out of it still. Full on dedicated 100mbit connections are hundreds of $$ per month.

So there can be more accounts on one seedbox? Yes, since you are thinking about Windows im assuming you can give every1 there own user ID and login, just like windows 2000, WinXP and Vista. Its your server so you can do what you'd like.

So u say that they may lie? No i've just never had any experience with them. A lot of ISP/Servers say they are unlimited but throttle your connection when after you have reached a certain limit. After a certain point they will limit your speed to 50mbit or something bcuz it gets expensive for them to have a true unlimited plan. Most unlimited plans just mean that you dont have any worries about exceeding your Bandwidth and will not get any surprise charges. Btw, using a lot of bandwidth (ie 4+TB) will probably raise a flag with them and they might check for torrent/copyright issues. That is what happened with BoD a few months ago. Im not saying they will go that route since i dont have any experience with them.

But I can also decide not to have RAID? I believe you said it was optional

Thnx for answering...

Ferha
06-23-2007, 06:38 PM
Thanks for helping DV8type

TOrrentersOne
06-24-2007, 12:21 AM
Full on dedicated 100mbit connections are hundreds of $$ per month.in USA it costs 1200 USD
in Europe from 600 to 800 EURO per month
With hosting-ie it costs 600

I've ask them, Dedicated 100 mbit directly connected to Internet costs 600 per month :)

Many-Many small hosting companies are based on single 100mbit and much more one single 10mbit :))

So u say that they may lie?
So coming from here if you will use constantly all 100mbit I think they will shut you down or limit :)

eliteman
06-24-2007, 12:23 AM
leeware is one 100mbit

Daniel
06-24-2007, 01:00 AM
leeware is one 100mbit
In a support mail I got a different answer. 100Mbps is shared by the physical servers, the entire userbase is aggregated into a GigE. I think that's the truth too, as 100MBit shared between so many users would be quite unbearable.

mikechrobot
06-24-2007, 01:04 AM
Each server is connected via private (non-shared) 100Mbps port to our 100Mbps switched ethernet backbone which is shared by all servers that have subscribed to unmetered service plan. This switch is uplinked to a 100Mbps WAN link.
I think that explains it all

Ferha
06-24-2007, 02:38 PM
Do you offer any other good seedbox with at least 320GB space and unlimited bandwith with price 80€

TOrrentersOne
06-28-2007, 02:54 AM
Well as far I've got the answer hosting-ie.com s network in total is 10GB
and lunches
Freenet
Lambdanet
Cogent

think is that from rapidshare.com I'm getting full 11MB/s :)
SO I think that must be truth.