PDA

View Full Version : Seedbox Doubt..!!

Saroman
06-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Hey Guys,

I have one doubt. Is there any way in which we can seed the same file to two different accounts on same tracker..

E.g

My friend downloads a file named ABC from Oink and then seeds to his account... No say even i want to seed that file to my account at oink too..!!

How can that be done..!!

Utorrent is being used as a tracker..

I hope my query is clear :)

Thanx

lovewalrus
06-23-2007, 03:29 PM
No. you could seed it to two different trackers though :)

BLaZiN
06-23-2007, 03:30 PM
cant see a problem with that as long as u both dont actually sign in on each others account with the same ip, seeding from the same ip is different ball park altogether - will be fine

Saroman
06-23-2007, 03:57 PM
@rumple :- i mean my friend has already downloaded this ABC file..!! Do i need to download it again to seed it to my account..??

Can i use the contents that he has downloaded

Buggyme
06-23-2007, 04:10 PM
You can use the contents of course -_-
But since you are both using the same IP, make sure you talk to OiNK first about it. They might have a 1 account per IP policy.

redMonster
06-23-2007, 04:29 PM
OiNK doesn't mind if you have multiple accounts. But if one account gets banned, the other account(s) may also get banned. But since only seeding is involved here, I think you will be safe.

But you cannot seed the same torrent to two different accounts on OiNK at the same time.

Saroman
06-23-2007, 04:56 PM
oh got it thakx red :)

Melvinmeow
06-23-2007, 09:44 PM
OiNK doesn't mind if you have multiple accounts. But if one account gets banned, the other account(s) may also get banned. But since only seeding is involved here, I think you will be safe.

But you cannot seed the same torrent to two different accounts on OiNK at the same time.

Acctually I would think you could... They use passkeys do they not?

As long as you tell the staff members your sharing a box you should be fine.
If it was using the old methods where it went by ips then it wouldnt let you. But passkeys avoid all that.

In reguards to having the dl the file again... you shouldnt have to if you can view your friends files on the same server. Just set it to download the file in the location that his completed files are in and it will go throught the process of checking and see its the same and let you seed it.

Night0wl
06-24-2007, 12:52 AM
I would think that it would need uTorrent installed twice. Since it's the same .torrent file (apart from passkey) wouldn't uTorrent reject the file since it's already loaded in the program. I know Azureus does this.

KFlint
06-24-2007, 02:47 AM
I would think that it would need uTorrent installed twice. Since it's the same .torrent file (apart from passkey) wouldn't uTorrent reject the file since it's already loaded in the program. I know Azureus does this.

yup i've done it with someone on my box using two utorrent instances and the same file on the drive, worked like a charm

mikechrobot
06-24-2007, 02:49 AM
on my pc when i run utorrent twice it says, it seems like utorrent is running already

redMonster
06-24-2007, 02:57 AM
I would think that it would need uTorrent installed twice. Since it's the same .torrent file (apart from passkey) wouldn't uTorrent reject the file since it's already loaded in the program. I know Azureus does this.Thats why I said that its not possible. But if you can run two instances of µtorrent, then it may be possible.

mikechrobot
06-24-2007, 03:05 AM
i think you need vmware or shit like that to do it...

Saroman
06-24-2007, 03:07 AM
I was looking for seeding thru one instance only..!!

In shot...a ONE COPY OF DATA downloaded with one passkey..is SEEDED TO TWO ACCOUNTS one with original passkey and one with other passkey..!!

yeah sounds wierd..