PDA

View Full Version : Hoi Knob

Biggles
06-23-2007, 06:08 PM
Terribly sorry, not you. I meant the other one.

Biggles
06-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Apologies I don't often post when with apple (not often appled these days to be honest). I think my perceived tetchiness of some of the earlier posts swayed my judgement.

Hey ho! :ph34r:

callum
06-23-2007, 09:51 PM
:( Is this thread an indication of what it is like when you get old and have a drink?

Drunk by 7pm, sober by 10.30pm and an accountant in the morning.

Biggles
06-23-2007, 10:04 PM
:( Is this thread an indication of what it is like when you get old and have a drink?

Drunk by 7pm, sober by 10.30pm and an accountant in the morning.

close

the accountancy thing hovers there all the time really. :ermm:

Proper Bo
06-23-2007, 10:06 PM
I'd imagine it's the reason why you drink in the first place.

callum
06-23-2007, 10:10 PM
I'd imagine it's the reason why you drink in the first place.

Serious question. Do you have a job or have you had a job during your membership of this forum?

Proper Bo
06-23-2007, 10:16 PM
No and yes.

Why?:eyebrows:

Biggles
06-23-2007, 10:20 PM
No and yes.

Is there tetchiness abounding or did I drink bad apple?

callum
06-23-2007, 10:45 PM
No and yes.

Was just wondering, I've never noticed you mention work.

Proper Bo
06-23-2007, 10:50 PM
We were talking about a jawb application I was doing last week:huh:

callum
06-23-2007, 10:52 PM
We were talking about a jawb application I was doing last week:huh:

You didn't get the fucking job, that doesn't count. Would you even have applied for it if the wee fat women with the mole at the job centre hadn't been giving you hassle?

Proper Bo
06-23-2007, 10:54 PM
I haven't heard back yet cause they haven't gone thro' the applications yet.
I'm not on the dole at the moment either:snooty:

callum
06-23-2007, 10:59 PM
I haven't heard back yet cause they haven't gone thro' the applications yet.
I'm not on the dole at the moment either:snooty:

They have, yours was binned.
Why did they stop your money?

Proper Bo
06-23-2007, 11:02 PM
They haven't, they're starting them on monday.
I finished the 3 month course I was doing.

callum
06-23-2007, 11:08 PM

What was the course you were doing? I had to do a two week course where they teach you how to apply for jobs and write your name. I was one of the few to pass. Then I was forced to do voluntary work for 6 months. Then got a job and things went downhill.

Edit - What's the best way to kill a hamster, so that there's no noise and no evidence of killing.

Proper Bo
06-23-2007, 11:15 PM

What was the course you were doing? I had to do a two week course where they teach you how to apply for jobs and write your name. I was one of the few to pass. Then I was forced to do voluntary work for 6 months. Then got a job and things went downhill.

Edit - What's the best way to kill a hamster, so that there's no noise and no evidence of killing.

I had to do the two week course thing too, there wasn't any requirement other than to attend to pass it. Out of the 39 people on it, 7 passed (myself included).

They gave me a choice of working in a charity shop for 3 months or do clait+ at a training place. The thing is tho', the training place didn't actually have anyone to do any teaching, I just found the exams on the computer and did them myself. I ended up spending most of my time there teaching middle aged men how to use a computer.

Biggles
06-23-2007, 11:18 PM

I had to do the two week course thing too, there wasn't any requirement other than to attend to pass it. Out of the 39 people on it, 7 passed (myself included).

They gave me a choice of working in a charity shop for 3 months or do clait+ at a training place. The thing is tho', the training place didn't actually have anyone to do any teaching, I just found the exams on the computer and did them myself. I ended up spending most of my time there teaching middle aged men how to use a computer.

Can't help feeling there something wrong there. If there is a shortage of tutors and unemployed people all in the same room.......

Proper Bo
06-23-2007, 11:23 PM
I offered my services but they said no cause I didn't have any official qualifications. They were happy to let me continue doing it for free tho'.

callum
06-23-2007, 11:25 PM

I picked the putting newspaper/magazine articles onto tape for the blind option. It was actually the best job/slavery that I've ever had, but I had to go and fuck it up by getting a real job.

Proper Bo
06-23-2007, 11:26 PM
The reason why they had no tutors was cause it's not a proper training place rly, it was a computer company who have a contract with the jawb centre to take on unemployed people in return for lots of monies. They usually get people who are there to learn hardware to fix customers' PCs and get the unemployed software nerds to write databases and stuff for them to use.

callum
06-23-2007, 11:28 PM
I offered my services but they said no cause I didn't have any official qualifications. They were happy to let me continue doing it for free tho'.

It's a bit of a cunt when the halfwits are the only ones getting paid.

thewizeard
06-24-2007, 07:57 AM

..laughing gas..

brotherdoobie
06-24-2007, 09:41 AM
Bo's Mum's basement is really sweet... I've heard.
Let him be.

-bd