06-24-2007, 05:38 PM
John Simm = Well Evil :01:

I don't know how they're going to get out of this one :eyebrows:

JPaul
06-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Maybe they won't :O

Biggles
06-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Caught it last night - it was excelent and The Master is barking evil. A kind of antithesis of the Doc's barking good.

An awful lot people are getting deaded by those wee psycho balls though.

I wonder if there will be any complaints about the Master opening the door (twice) and the screaming still going on.

Cheese
06-25-2007, 11:53 AM
As long as the Daleks don't turn up I'll be happy. Those psycho ball things reminded me of the Luke Skywalker's balls. His training balls obviously, not his actual testicles.

StephG
06-25-2007, 06:04 PM
It's a kids programme for heaven's sake. The storylines and acting are pure melodrama aimed at teenage boys.

Barbarossa
06-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Fuck off.

No srsly, fuck off.

StephG
06-25-2007, 09:06 PM
Oh right. Some idiot says that "Douglas Adams is for the gheys" and that's OK. I point out, in a reasonable manner, that Dr Who is a kid's programme and I get abused.

That's fair.

Gripper
06-25-2007, 09:07 PM
Thought the screaming thing with the door opening twice was genious,love them carrying on the Masters obsession with Earth TV,I remember when John Pertwee was the Doc,UNIT had the Master in custody he was watching the Clangers.

StephG
06-25-2007, 09:16 PM
You remember that because they showed it on the TV a couple of days ago.

Gripper
06-25-2007, 09:37 PM
No,I remember it because I am old.

StephG
06-25-2007, 10:52 PM
Tell the truth, you saw the old clip over the last couple of days. They even pointed out the teletubbies reference was an homage to an earlier episode where the master spoke about the clangers.

Anyone who saw it knows you saw it too, so why lie about it.

Cheese
06-25-2007, 11:16 PM
I remembered The Master talking about the Clangers in the novel version of the Sea Devils, I have only seen the last episode of that serial and I haven't watched (nor watch) any Doctor Who preview/making of shows. :mellow:

It's a kids programme for heaven's sake. The storylines and acting are pure melodrama aimed at teenage boys.That's why it's so good. It's not pretending it's something deep and meaningful like Lost or taking itself too seriously like 24. I like the bits when they run. Or the bits when they shout. Or, best yet, the bits when they run and shout. Cool stuff.

"Douglas Adams is for the gheys" Hasn't Douglas Adams wrote a few Doctor Who episodes himself? I think Dirk Gently's adventures might be based off them.

Alien5
06-25-2007, 11:18 PM
i wouldn't call it a kids program - more a family time slot actually :snooty:

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/titlesearch.asp?title=Doctor%20Who

Proper Bo
06-25-2007, 11:27 PM
I remembered The Master talking about the Clangers in the novel version of the Sea Devils, I have only seen the last episode of that serial and I haven't watched (nor watch) any Doctor Who preview/making of shows. :mellow:

That's why it's so good. It's not pretending it's something deep and meaningful like Lost or taking itself too seriously like 24. I like the bits when they run. Or the bits when they shout. Or, best yet, the bits when they run and shout. Cool stuff.

"Douglas Adams is for the gheys" Hasn't Douglas Adams wrote a few Doctor Who episodes himself? I think Dirk Gently's adventures might be based off them.

Doctor Who is for the gheys.

Chip Monk
06-26-2007, 12:11 PM
:lol:

Biggles
06-26-2007, 12:31 PM
You remember that because they showed it on the TV a couple of days ago.

I remember it because I am an old fart and long time Dr Who fan and Gripper is not exactly a teen either.

I can remember being terrifed of the Zarbies (giant intelligent ants) when I was knee high to a grasshopper.

StephG
06-26-2007, 04:54 PM
Fair enough, I suppose a TV show aimed at teenage boys would appeal to the people who post here.