PDA

View Full Version : What does "Repor" mean?

Brenya
06-25-2007, 06:45 AM
I wanna say it's a French word "Report" with a single 't', but I have searched and searched and found nothing.

I'm not talking about the "Colbert Report" I'm talking about a word that is pronounced like this: reh - pour.

I'll use it in sentence: That is a recipe for repor! I don't know how to spell it, so I can't find its definition.

Does any body know what I'm talking about?

thewizeard
06-25-2007, 06:47 AM
Yes I do, only.. not in this particular circumstance

Brenya
06-25-2007, 07:19 AM
hm?? can you give me a link?

Skiz
06-25-2007, 07:28 AM
Do you mean, rapport? (ra - pour). It basically means reputation.

Sentence - He has a good rapport with his employees.

Though it wouldn't fit in with your definition. You make it sound like it's a dish.

:unsure:

jimbo12345
06-25-2007, 07:30 AM
a recipe for disaster....a good rapport (reputation/gets along with) with his customers.

Cheese
06-25-2007, 09:07 AM
"Reputation" doesn't really fit the definition of "rapport", it's more like what jimbo suggests "gets along with".

A good rapport with your employees would mean you connect with your employees well. You don't even need to add the "good" in front of it either, you could just say:

"He has a rapport with his employees."

A good reputation would mean they speak of you well (perhaps as a result of having a good rapport with them).

Mr. Mulder
06-25-2007, 09:09 AM
its when the lady doesn't want it but you do and then you get in trouble for it :no:

Skiz
06-25-2007, 09:11 AM
"Reputation" doesn't really fit the definition of "rapport", it's more like what jimbo suggests "gets along with".

A good rapport with your employees would mean you connect with your employees well. You don't even need to add the "good" in front of it either, you could just say:

A good reputation would mean they speak of you well (perhaps as a result of having a good rapport with them).

Sound about right.

BTW, I found my old copy of Win 98 (legit). You still looking for a copy?

Cheese
06-25-2007, 09:13 AM

Sound about right.

BTW, I found my old copy of Win 98 (legit). You still looking for a copy?

No but thanks, I "borrowed" one from work. And before I get the reputation of being a thief I should note that I have a good rapport with the IT guy and he let me have it.

Brenya
06-25-2007, 02:39 PM
Thanks guys... that was really buggin me last night

Brenya
06-25-2007, 02:40 PM
"Rapport is one of the most important features or characteristics of unconscious human interaction. It is commonality of perspective, being in "sync", being on the same wavelength as the person you are talking to."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapport (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapport)

That sounds about right.

StephG
06-25-2007, 06:09 PM
I have to say your use of rapport in a sentence was a bit weird.

"He made every effort to build a good rapport with his colleagues" or something along those lines may have made things a bit easier than your "recipe" fiasco.

Brenya
06-25-2007, 09:17 PM
Yeah the statement is vague, and you can't figure out rapport's definition by just that sentence, but you gotta understand that it wasn't me who made it up and the fact that the sentence was 'weird' is one of the reasons I didn't know what rapport mean!

Jagarga
06-25-2007, 09:39 PM
it's a connection. don't you watch the simpsons?

StephG
06-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Homer Simpson you are charged with attempted insecticide and aggravated buggery.

jimbo12345
06-26-2007, 02:28 AM
its when the lady doesn't want it but you do and then you get in trouble for it :no:

Took me a while to get that. lol. YOu make me smile sir.:D