PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone In The US Have DirecTv?

Busyman™
06-26-2007, 12:55 AM
They are about to go apeshit with HD programming in September.

They will have: (new channels in bold)
* I don't have these and I'm jealous

ESPN HD
ESPN 2 HD
ESPNNEWS HD*
Versus HD
NFL Network
Speed
Big Ten Network*
Tennis Channel
National Geographic
History Channel*
Discovery Channel*
Discovery HD Theater
The Learning Channel*
The Science Channel*
HGTV
Food Network
Weather Channel
Disney Channel*
Toon Disney*
ABC Family*
Animal Planet*
Cartoon Network*
A&E
Bravo
USA Network*
TBS*
TNT HD
Sci-Fi Channel************
Universal HD
Chiller****
HDNet
HDNet Movies
HBO HD
Showtime HD
Showtime West*
The Movie Channel
Starz East
Starz West*
Starz Edge*
Starz Comedy*
Starz Kids & Family*
CNN
CNBC
FOX
ABC
NBC
CBS

Where the hell is FX? Sci-Fi Channel in HD is going to make many folk leave the cable company.

SpiderPig
06-26-2007, 01:15 AM
I had it, then switched to Dish Network.. Dish has a much better HD programming service than Directv, plus way cheaper!

Busyman™
06-26-2007, 01:22 AM
I had it, then switched to Dish Network.. Dish has a much better HD programming service (right now) than Directv, plus way cheaper!

Fixed

Yeah Dish Network is better because they bought VOOM.

edit: I didn't know Dish Network had all those HD channels.
I knew about the ones from VOOM but you have all those movie package channels in HD too.

I only have the main channel in HD (HBO, Cinemax, TMC, etc). You get shit like Showtime Beyond which has all the sci-fi and Starz InBlack in HD.

Noice!

I think the Disney Channel is going to be exclusive to DirecTV. Everyone know that the only thing keeping DirecTV above the rest is the fact that they have Sunday Ticket. I know guys that won't rid of them for only that reason alone.

snowultra
06-26-2007, 01:52 AM
i still have cable, it sucks

Busyman™
06-26-2007, 02:36 AM
i still have cable, it sucks

I have FIOS (FTTP, Fiber To The Prem) and they should have better capacity than them all yet I don't hear any rumblings of many new HD offerings. We just got HGTV, Lifetime Movies, and Food Network.:dry:

I just left Comcast a little while ago.

The only new thing I have to look forward to on my service is a new on-screen display (http://www.verizonfios.com/img/). The one I have now is shit compared to even Comcasts.

I just cut off HBO and Cinemax cuz they were $25 a month together. I got Blockbuster Total Acces instead for $24 (4 movies at a time).