PDA

View Full Version : Do You Live In A Shithole?

boxdoc
06-16-2003, 03:26 AM
Ur all lucky...I live in Corby,which is all the gangsters/dealers and generally the people who had to 'get out' of Glasgow/Greenock..the place is trashed,with nowt to do at all(cant even get a bus outta town!).Now it's gypo city,give it six months and they'll be more dirty immigrants than out else......and they get better houses/cars/jobs/healthcare etc. etc.
WHOA,a bit off topic......I LIVE IN A SH*THOLE. :flame: :swear:

chalice
06-16-2003, 08:14 AM
I live in Belfast.
I could teach you all a thing or two
about a thing or two about shit-holes.
With the exception of Billy who knows
only too well. Would that our mutual experience was just a dream.

crazy_billy_bats
06-16-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by chalice@16 June 2003 - 08:14
I live in Belfast.
I could teach you all a thing or two
about a thing or two about shit-holes.
With the exception of Billy who knows
only too well. Would that our mutual experience was just a dream.
i was thinking of bumping this thread too so i could see what u had to say my man !! :D

i have 3 weeks and finally i can get away.
man, do you mind me asking why on earth u came back here from Holland? PM if u want dude, i just dunno why anyone would come back....

I mean, the only good thing i see here at the moment is my family. And that would be the only reason i would return one day, and of course because its my home country.
But i cant see nowt changing here (economically, politically, socially, the list can go on as im sure you are aware bro....).
I can possibly see myself here again one day......but not for a good good while man.....
Glasgow? f*ck me thats paradise.
lovely city.
no comparison to here, sorry!!
and no im not proud to say that !!

chalice
06-16-2003, 08:43 AM
Bill,
I won't PM because I design to set an example here.
I want people to realise that, despite what the
papers say, hatred is not endemic in this country.
I want people to understand that you and I come
from opposite sides of a bitterly divided community.
Yet for our parts we haven't once, on these boards,
shown the slightest anomosity towards each other. I want
people also to realise that good will between humans
is not limited to these boards. We've seen enough severed
limbs and severed lives to become horribly detached.
All Billy wants to do, its tangible in his posts, is get far away
from here and start a new life with a new set of rules. He has an opportunity and
he should seize it.
When I was 6, myself and a cousin of mine decided to take a walk.
It happened that we strayed into the opposite community
and were immediately beset by thugs. To cut a long story short,
we were assaulted and my cousin, who was 9, had TAIG branded onto his
head with ciggarette buts.
When I was 20, out dancing one night at Sugar Sweet in Belfast(which used to kick ass) I met a beautiful girl and we fell in love.
We planned to marry. Insert your own sickly metaphors.
It just so happened that she came from the opposite side of the community.
Within a year, the UVF monitored us incessantly up to the point
where we were visited but burly gentlemen in balaclavas.
With a gun to my head I was told that they knew who I was (I'm not a super-hero, my identity is public knowledge. Man these guys are thick) they knew who she was and if we were ever seen together again we both would be shot dead.
Well fuck them!!! We moved to Holland. She couldn't hack it though
and came back home. C'est la vie.
I developed a habit and after 2 years it was Belfast by plane or Belfast by bodybag. So I came home Bill, that's it. She is now happily married to an ex-soldier (oh the irony) and I am happily co-habiting with a beautiful gentleman's family.
Billy, I wish you all the best, my friend.
Perhaps we'll take the kids over to Spain some year and we can backstab Belfast in the sun.

crazy_billy_bats
06-16-2003, 08:53 AM
Thanks a lot chalice....

I dont know what to say, that was a very moving post to say the least.

I dont want to show that hatred is rife in this country, and as you say this is evident in us not bickering or any of that sh*t.
But there are just a lot of idiots here, as you say yourself, damn those guys are thick.
My gf is a catholic and myself a protestant. But the fact she is in another country of course is different.
Sorry to hear about that story man, it just saddens me.
It also saddens me that i cant see a change happening here.
There will ALWAYS be the barbaric thugs on our streets that did that to you and your cousins.
I know this is evident all round the world, and it has changed a lot in recent years, but it still remains, eating away at our society.
Take a look at some of our estates still: Rathcoole, etc, etc, plastered with sectarian slogans and murals, filled with hatred for the other side of the community.

But well, as you know, there are more genuinley nice people here, without blowing my own trumpet the Irish are the nicest people you can meet.

Its only a small fraction of the community that ruins it for this country, those complete idiots that run the streets throwing bottles at the police and other people,etc, will never stop in my opinion.

Im just glad i will be out of here before the 12th......Drumcree, etc, etc (why do i suspect no one else will be able to contribute to this conversation ?!!! :lol: )
There is always an air of fear about the summer coming up to that, which i have never liked.
As you say i want a new set of rules and i want away.
I want my girl and i want to live somewhere where i LIVE.
Not exist

I just really hope one day this country changes......If it does there is hope for the rest of the world.

chalice
06-16-2003, 09:00 AM
Well said, Bill.
It will never stop.
Not while misery is handed down religiously.
You're depressing me now, lol.
Might just start limbering up for a move myself.
Incidentally, I lapsed my vegetarianism yesterday
after 8 years. I had a steak and chips. My head is melted.
"It's death for no reason and death for no reason is murder."

crazy_billy_bats
06-16-2003, 09:03 AM
8 years ?!!!!

sh*t !!!!

that must have been weird trying it !!!!!
i personally eat anything and everything - but the food here is disgusting as well so im glad ill see the back of it!!

im sick of eating spuds all the f**king time !!!!!

sorry for the reminder :lol:

why not move man? what is there here? oh yeah! no government !!

2nd gen noob
06-16-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@16 June 2003 - 09:53
Im just glad i will be out of here before the 12th......Drumcree, etc, etc (why do i suspect no one else will be able to contribute to this conversation ?!!! :lol: )
i don't know how much i can contribute, but i can say that i was moved by your story too chalice.
it's completely true that the extreme minority of people spoil the country for the majority.

i'm not from ireland, i'm scottish, however, i have close family in ireland. we are catholics, yet i feel no hatred, anger, anymosity or bad feeling towards protestants.

when i was growing up in primary school and high school, i attended 'catholic' schools. 'we' were kept seperated from 'them'.
however, this didn't stop some mindless thugs trying to show off and there were sporadic running battles between the two largest 'opposition' schools in the disctrict.
i had no part in this, i couldn't fight for something i never felt, or even properly understood. what is the point?

anyway, i agree with crazy billy bats here, the irish are possibly ther nicest (after the scots of course :P ) people you could ever hope to meet. the hospitality you see in ireland is spectacular, people can't do enough to make sure you're happy or comfortable.

if only the feelings of the vast majority ran through the whole country, a lot of people's world's would be much better places.

crazy_billy_bats
06-16-2003, 09:07 AM
cheers 2 gen noob, sure that is a good contribution man !!!!!!! :D :D

im so glad there are more like-minded people out there.

By the way the scottish are my fav people ;)

i dunno what it is between scotland and ireland :D , i just know that some (i am not generalising !!!!!) English people can be right twats - i have met significantly more nice scottish people than English.

And i was only recently in Edinburgh for the first time and loved it !!!
very cool city !!!!!!

N£MO
06-16-2003, 09:08 AM
I live in a lovely place in the SW of England.Five mins from the beach too.

And to our two Irish cousins,i was moved reading about some of the shit that you guys have had to put up with.Respect. ;)

crazy_billy_bats
06-16-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by N£MO@16 June 2003 - 09:08
I live in a lovely place in the SW of England.Five mins from the beach too.

And to our two Irish cousins,i was moved reading about some of the shit that you guys have had to put up with.Respect. ;)
thanks man, there are a lot of people have to put up with a lot of shit in this world i suppose!!

5 mins from the beach?!!

u lucky boy !!!

in 3 weeks i will live 2 mins from the beach !! yuhuuu!!!

chalice
06-16-2003, 09:12 AM
Thanks 2nd gen and Nemo.
We are all citizen of the world, lol.
Altogether now, what we need is a great big melting pot....

2nd gen noob
06-16-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@16 June 2003 - 10:07
cheers 2 gen noob, sure that is a good contribution man !!!!!!! :D :D

im so glad there are more like-minded people out there.

By the way the scottish are my fav people ;)

i dunno what it is between scotland and ireland :D , i just know that some (i am not generalising !!!!!) English people can be right twats - i have met significantly more nice scottish people than English.

And i was only recently in Edinburgh for the first time and loved it !!!
very cool city !!!!!!
i've got to say that the irish are my favourite nationality after scots too :)

i don't know what it is either, probably cos there are a lot of relationships between us

also, in braveheart we joined forces, so it must be true (that was the most accurate film i've ever seen, historically... :P )

i've never really liked edinburgh, don't know why. my family used to go there a lot, but we kinda got bored with it.

2nd gen noob
06-16-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by chalice@16 June 2003 - 10:12
Thanks 2nd gen and Nemo.
We are all citizen of the world, lol.
Altogether now, what we need is a great big melting pot....
i see a plan forming here....

where will we get the penguins from though?

:P

chalice
06-16-2003, 09:15 AM
Lol @ Braveheart. Don't you worry Scots, we've got yer back.

2nd gen noob
06-16-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by chalice@16 June 2003 - 10:15
Lol @ Braveheart. Don't you worry Scots, we've got yer back.
and the same for you lot :)

crazy_billy_bats
06-16-2003, 09:17 AM
Ive got everyones back!!

Lamsey
06-16-2003, 11:10 AM
I know why the Scots and the Irish get on well... most Scots are actually of Irish descent - Picts are the only true natives of this land as far as I know; the Scots mostly emigrated from Ireland. I myself am 5/8 Irish if you go by blood.

Well done to Chalice and Billy for being a shining example of what Northern Ireland could be like if it wasnt for the mindless hatred and bile.
:beerchug:

crazy_billy_bats
06-16-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Lamsey@16 June 2003 - 11:10
I know why the Scots and the Irish get on well... most Scots are actually of Irish descent - Picts are the only true natives of this land afaik, the Scots mostly emigrated for Ireland. I myself am 5/8 Irish if you go by blood.

Well done to Chalice and Billy for being a shining example of what Northern Ireland could be like if it wasnt for the mindless hatred and bile.
:beerchug:
:D cheers Lamsey !!

and thanks for the info i didnt know that !!

Well, we're not as bad as that guy in braveheart anyway :lol: , i think.

Im not sure of my ancestroy...i think im 10/10 irish !! :D

But then again, i know people here would call themselves "British", and stay firm simply because they are protestant and dont have any views of any reasoning, they could never be "Irish" because that means being like a Cathloic.....believe it or not there are idiots like this here.

I had friends like this and its sad to see that there are so many of them here.

I was born in Ireland - so im Irish IMO!!!!!!

Lamsey
06-16-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@16 June 2003 - 12:13
But then again, i know people here would call themselves "British", and stay firm simply because they are protestant and dont have any views of any reasoning, they could never be "Irish" because that means being like a Cathloic.....believe it or not there are idiots like this here.

I had friends like this and its sad to see that there are so many of them here.

I was born in Ireland - so im Irish IMO!!!!!!
I view myself as Scottish first and British second. With any luck, I won't need the "British" tag after the next major power shift in Scotland (big independence supporter here).

You know what pisses me off about Britain? It has the same national anthem as England. As a Scot, I refuse point blank to sing England's national anthem; I don't care if it's dressed up as the British one.
What would be wrong with Rule Britannia?

crazy_billy_bats
06-16-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Lamsey@16 June 2003 - 11:20

You know what pisses me off about Britain? It has the same national anthem as England. As a Scot, I refuse point blank to sing England's national anthem; I don't care if it's dressed up as the British one.
What would be wrong with Rule Britannia?
Here here.

I cant stand this either.

Part of this is to do with my (ok, maybe not as strong a word as this, but ill use it anyway:) hatred for the royal family :lol:

I dont sing that nonsense either.

I am for a united Ireland here, and it will come within the next 10 - 15 years anyway so i suppose thats something to look forward to, but i might'nt be here to see it :D

The problem is the scurge of our society remains - and always will - those people who take out their hatred on others.

i myself am with you on the Scottish view, i hope yourselves achieve what you mention.

TheDave
06-16-2003, 02:07 PM
hey im in england and i dont know the words

crazy_billy_bats
06-16-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by TheDave@16 June 2003 - 14:07
hey im in england and i dont know the words
good !

dont learn them then!!

the royal family will all die anyway, like the rest of us.

unfortunately their smell will linger i suspect.

dingoBaby
06-16-2003, 02:20 PM
This is a very interesting topic. I have two questions about Chalice's story. What is TAIG and what is the UVF? Please enlighten this ignorant American. Thanks.

chalice
06-16-2003, 02:23 PM
A taig is a derrogatory term for a catholic in Ireland.
The UVF is the Ulster Volenteer Force who are paramilitary group
who terrorise people. Not dissimilar (in stupidity and brutality anyway)
to the IRA who are their nationalist counterparts.

Lamsey
06-16-2003, 02:24 PM
Taig is a very rude term for a Catholic.

The UVF is a Loyalist terrorist group. It stands for Ulster Volunteer Force.

edit: chalice beat me to it :rolleyes:

TheDave
06-16-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by chalice@16 June 2003 - 14:23
oh thats why... my dad told me to call my mate a taig cos hes a catholic from belfast :P

crazy_billy_bats
06-16-2003, 02:28 PM
there are countless of the paramilitary groups, the UVF just happens to encompass several others, or proposes to.
INLA,UVF,LVF,UDA,UYM,IRA,PIRA,CIRA (chalice.....can u go on my man....?)

N£MO
06-16-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by TheDave+16 June 2003 - 15:25--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheDave @ 16 June 2003 - 15:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-chalice@16 June 2003 - 14:23
oh thats why... my dad told me to call my mate a taig cos hes a catholic from belfast :P [/b][/quote]
And you survived&#33;&#33; :o

chalice
06-16-2003, 02:30 PM
Can I go on, Bill?
Interminably.

crazy_billy_bats
06-16-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by TheDave@16 June 2003 - 14:25

oh thats why... my dad told me to call my mate a taig cos hes a catholic from belfast :P
umm....thats not very nice&#33;&#33;

its like a VERY derogatory term &#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:

i think us (by this i mean protestants) are called huns, right chalice? or orange b*stards?

catholics can also be called fenian as a derogatory term.
the irony of the idiots who say this is that it means "irish warrior" - not derogatory at all.

chalice
06-16-2003, 02:33 PM
The insults you mentioned are the most used Bill.
Personally, I wouldn&#39;t repeat them.
Nationalists don&#39;t really take offence to "fenian"
As Billy says, we know what it means and that&#39;s not really an insult.

Lamsey
06-16-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats+16 June 2003 - 15:30--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (crazy_billy_bats @ 16 June 2003 - 15:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheDave@16 June 2003 - 14:25

umm....thats not very nice&#33;&#33;

its like a VERY derogatory term &#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:

i think us (by this i mean protestants) are called huns, right chalice? or orange b*stards?

catholics can also be called fenian as a derogatory term.
the irony of the idiots who say this is that it means "irish warrior" - not derogatory at all. [/b][/quote]
&#39;Hun&#39; means a Rangers supporter in Scotland. Don&#39;t know if it&#39;s different over there. &#39;Orange Bastard&#39;, now, that does refer to Protestants.

crazy_billy_bats
06-16-2003, 02:36 PM
Well the thinking of most young twats who roam the streets at night with nothing better to do here is to throw a stone anyway instead (or as well as) calling names for no reason.

Im worried about the Short Strand area again man - quite close to me(and where my father works) - last summer it became ludicrous as you well know im sure.

Drumcree is just a joke. Every single summer the same sh*t....

crazy_billy_bats
06-16-2003, 02:38 PM
i actually think the "fenians" used to be some sort of mercenary type army, were&#39;nt they chalice?
Im not entirely sure im just interested in the history - my father told me once - i think they came from the Easter rising, did they ?&#33;&#33;

chalice
06-16-2003, 02:39 PM
Just another symptom of the pettiness and pedantry Drumcree is.
Both sides will suffer.
I beginning to think they&#39;re all masochists over here.
The wise man takes his holidays for the whole month of July.
I expect North Belfast to have a few casualties this year.
They&#39;re nuts over there. But Short Strand? I don&#39;t envy you Bill.

chalice
06-16-2003, 02:42 PM
You are quite correct Bill about fenians.
Although the term is derived from the Gaelic which means
more specifically "rebel".
They did make a resurgence at the Easter Rising and that&#39;s
where the popular definition comes from.

crazy_billy_bats
06-16-2003, 02:44 PM
i have to say man, im so glad i&#39;ve found someone like yourself here.

I mean, i know increasingly there are more like-minded people coming in, but with Paisley/ David Irivine/Adams/McGuiness still around what hope does anyone have?

I know paisley aint no gangster (.....well ,leave that one open), but everyone knows he&#39;s a fool.
The rest of them gangsters are ridiculous....when they go and hopefully the younger people.....
man im losing hope even typing about it.......they recruit their young ones anyway......i&#39;ve seen the likes of 12 year olds in the UDA, i mean, WTF ?&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

it is quite funny, everyone (or the wise as u say)takes thier holidays on the july fortnight or the whole month :lol:

TheDave
06-16-2003, 02:47 PM
cool im actually learning stuff now. normally i hear stories from my mate about throwing things bricks and vigilantes. then i get stories from my dad from when he was a peace-keeper. now im getting a better understanding of the politics

Lamsey
06-16-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Ian Paisley
Ulster says NO&#33;

What was the question?

chalice
06-16-2003, 02:52 PM
Cheers Bill.
All we can do is our own part.
My kids will not grow up with hideous chips on their
shoulders. Nor will they (if I can help it) contribute
to the shite we have to wade in daily.
Maybe...just maybe.

chalice
06-16-2003, 02:53 PM
But the man from Del Monte...he say yes.

Lamsey
06-16-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by chalice@16 June 2003 - 15:53
But the man from Del Monte...he say yes.
The man from Del Monte, he say yes to exploitation of 3rd world workers. But that&#39;s another discussion.

crazy_billy_bats
06-16-2003, 03:00 PM
whereas Mr Paisley is a plain idiot.

What more you want to know dave?

because this s*it fascinates me as much as you, its quite unbelievable that its still going on after 30 years.

Oh and did you know we are supposed to have our own government at present ?&#33;&#33; :lol: &#33;&#33;

but oh no &#33;&#33;

the usual child-like bickering between politicians led to the elections to be called off &#33;&#33;
there were still posters around belfast reporting "NO Identification, NO Vote"...funny one....if there was people to vote for that is.

anyway, not that i would vote here anyway.

chalice
06-16-2003, 03:03 PM
All I can say is...
What country in the world pays its politicians 70 grand a year
for doing absolutely sod all?
Take away their pay cheques and expense accounts
and we&#39;ll see how fast Stormount gets reopened.
Quicker than s*** thru a goose.

crazy_billy_bats
06-16-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by chalice@16 June 2003 - 15:03
All I can say is...
What country in the world pays its politicians 70 grand a year
for doing absolutely sod all?
Take away their pay cheques and expense accounts
and we&#39;ll see how fast Stormount gets reopened.
Quicker than s*** thru a goose.
man they should put you in office.

Im laughing here, really, but in reality i suppose i should be crying, what hope does this country have of having people like yourself in government? im not trying to flatter you or anything man ( :lol: ) but thats what this country needs - people that can think straight and normally.

i think the only party that is anywhere near neautrality is the Alliance Party - but then they are just that - neutral. Nothing else.

chalice
06-16-2003, 03:10 PM
I don&#39;t vote.
Not one of those parties represents the way I feel.
I will not be cornered into this gerrymandering bollocks.
The goalpost on both sides are moved at will.
There is not one democratic party amongst them.
Don&#39;t vote Bill...it only encourages them.

crazy_billy_bats
06-16-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by chalice@16 June 2003 - 15:10
I don&#39;t vote.
Not one of those parties represents the way I feel.
I will not be cornered into this gerrymandering bollocks.
The goalpost on both sides are moved at will.
There is not one democratic party amongst them.
Don&#39;t vote Bill...it only encourages them.
Yep, i agree all the way.

Dont worry i aint votin for any of those fools &#33;&#33;&#33;

No way &#33;&#33;

Besides i wont be in the country to vote, if it ever happens that is.

Its funny watching the news -
1st clip: first "side" blaming the second.
2nd clip: second "side" blaming the first.