PDA

View Full Version : Any TV shows worth watching?

Skiz
06-27-2007, 08:24 AM
I can't find anything to watch right now. It's the off-season, so what's good?

I tried Flight of the Concords, but meh.

WHRST
06-27-2007, 09:29 AM
I usually watch The 4400 and Kyle XY in the summer, i do watch the Dead zone which is in it's 6th and final season but really it's not that good anymore. Though the 4400 is it's 4th season and kyle xy is it's 2nd for kyle xy only like 12 episodes to catch up on but season 2 of kyle is supposed to have 23 eps this time. Though kyle xy will be broken up its the first 13 then a break for a little then 10 more episodes i think. If u watch to try the dead zone it is better in earlier seasons which sort of had a armageddon storyline for several seasons but ended that storyline in the season's premiere.

samsung2005
06-27-2007, 10:16 AM
prison break , 4400 , the shield , lost , 24 , there are many !
only to have time to wach!

Busyman™
06-27-2007, 01:49 PM
The 4400
The Closer

Cheese
06-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Here's your opportunity to check out those shows you wouldn't normally get on 'merkin TV (as far as I know*).

The IT Crowd
The Mighty Boosh
Monkey Dust
Doctor Who
Shameless
Snuff Box
Darkplace
Peep Show
Extras

* After all, I don't want to leave room for more pedanticery**.

** Yeah, I know it's not a word Mr Thread Monitor.

Busyman™
06-27-2007, 03:40 PM
The IT Crowd
The Mighty Boosh
Monkey Dust
Doctor Who
Shameless
Snuff Box
Darkplace
Peep Show
Extras

He's talking about what's on TV....now....TV he can turn to on his TV.

Hell he can download just about anything.

Cheese
06-27-2007, 04:29 PM
The IT Crowd
The Mighty Boosh
Monkey Dust
Doctor Who
Shameless
Snuff Box
Darkplace
Peep Show
Extras

Cheers Mr Thread Monitor.

WHRST
06-27-2007, 05:17 PM
how is the closer?

DV8type
06-27-2007, 09:31 PM
:(
Yeah, right now things are real slow....im basically watching movies or re-watching older seasons of Sopranos/Deadwood

I watched Meadowlands, but its ehhhhhh at best.

:dry:

Busyman™
06-27-2007, 10:06 PM

Cheers Mr Thread Monitor.

I wasn't trying to be smartassed.:ermm:

None of those shows come on here except maybe Extras and Doctor Who and even then they aren't on HBO or Sci-Fi right now.

Our summer TV is the toilet.....really.

If a show gets too good they'll move it to the fall or winter.

how is the closer?

The Closer is quite good.

The Erin Brockavich as the head police detectives.

This is now the 3rd season.

WHRST
06-27-2007, 10:15 PM
I have been watching Docter Who lately and the 3rd series finale is up this week. I have always watched the entire season of Docter Who by the time they are on scifi.

Busyman™
06-27-2007, 10:18 PM
I have been watching Docter Who lately and the 3rd series finale is up this week. I have always watched the entire season of Docter Who by the time they are on scifi.

Mmk I stand somewhat corrected.

Season 3 premieres in the US on July 6.

I never finished season 2. It's not really a must see show but I do like it though.

WHRST
06-27-2007, 10:24 PM

I never finished season 2. It's not really a must see show but I do like it though.

u watch Docter Who only when they air on scifi then? The Master returned this season.

Busyman™
06-27-2007, 10:56 PM

u watch Docter Who only when they air on scifi then? The Master returned this season.

No I didn't say that. I download them normally. Season 2 has aired and I still haven't finished it.

I might during the summer though since there isn't really shit on American TV.

I wouldn't even think of watching it during our regular TV season.

Cheese
06-27-2007, 11:04 PM

u watch Docter Who only when they air on scifi then?

Spoilers dude.

The latter episodes of Doctor Who this season have been some of the best TV I've seen in ages. I can't wait for the season finale this Saturday, this is so much "must watch" TV that even I'm going to watch it as it airs instead of downloading it later on. :happy:

Busyman™
06-27-2007, 11:11 PM
u watch Docter Who only when they air on scifi then?

Spoilers dude.

The latter episodes of Doctor Who this season have been some of the best TV I've seen in ages. I can't wait for the season finale this Saturday, this is so much "must watch" TV that even I'm going to watch it as it airs instead of downloading it later on. :happy:

:angry:Sacrilege:angry:

WHRST
06-27-2007, 11:13 PM
Since i am in the U.S. I can never watch Docter Who when it airs. Well I can but it comes scifi to late for me.

Busyman™
06-27-2007, 11:30 PM
Since i am in the U.S. I can never watch Docter Who when it airs. Well I can but it comes scifi to late for me.

I didn't even know season 3 was coming on 'till you mentioned it.

Skiz
06-28-2007, 03:29 AM
Yep, really only looking for things I can watch after work. The woman is in NY for 2 weeks, so I'm pretty bored. Figured this is as good a time as any to watch some weekday TV.

I'll check out The Closer and 4400. Seems that everyone is impressed with those.

DefX
06-28-2007, 03:55 AM
I'll check out The Closer and 4400. Seems that everyone is impressed with those.

I've heard rave reviews about The Closer too but for some reason, I'm biased against watching any original show produced by TNT or any other Ted Turner channel. I feel like they're inferior to the shows made by the other major networks. Maybe because they're usually known for carrying syndicated reruns instead of their own original series.

WHRST
06-28-2007, 04:01 AM

No I didn't say that. I download them normally. Season 2 has aired and I still haven't finished it.

I might during the summer though since there isn't really shit on American TV.

I wouldn't even think of watching it during our regular TV season.

yep,only tv shows on cable in summer for me to watch. Though everything on cable comes on 2hrs earlier which is nice.

I've heard rave reviews about The Closer too but for some reason, I'm biased against watching any original show produced by TNT or any other Ted Turner channel. I feel like they're inferior to the shows made by the other major networks. Maybe because they're usually known for carrying syndicated reruns instead of their own original series.

thats true but I wonder how many times they have aired charmed & angel

Busyman™
06-28-2007, 03:34 PM

Their TV series are pretty good. I even liked Wanted and Saved but they got canceled.

ArchStanton
06-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Any fans of Doctor Who should check out Jekyll, it is an interesting twist on an old story. It was written by Stephen Moffat, who has written a few episodes of Doctor Who (including the girl in the fireplace). James Nesbitt is way over the top as Hyde (I haven't seen such a manic performance since Jack Nicholson in The Shining) but he still manages to just about pull it off. It is currently airing in England, god knows if it will be seen on American TV.

I loved the first two seasons of the 4400, but I am going to wait till the season is finished before I watch the latest one.

Other than that I just wanted to reiterate what others have said in this thread - Doctor Who isn't really a patch on the best American Sci-Fi shows but the last few episodes have been pretty good, probably the best out of all three of the new series. My favourite episode of the current series was Blink and Doctor Who and Martha Jones were hardly in it. I thought the story was good and made of a nice change of pace.

PS - Peep Show is extremely funny, if it ever airs in America - watch it.

pan!c
06-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Sopranos! I love this tv-series... it's just great!

jeter
06-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Family Guy, American Dad, South Park.......THE BEST!

S!X
06-29-2007, 12:05 PM
I'd say anything on the Discovery channel, it's all good really.

Elvenmunky
06-29-2007, 12:55 PM
I'd say anything on the Discovery channel, it's all good really.

Yeah like American Chopper! :)

Ac3Dunk
07-04-2007, 11:55 PM
I dont know why no one has mentioned Traveler or Hidden Palms
I love Traveler itq so good.

WHRST
07-05-2007, 12:59 AM
I dont know why no one has mentioned Traveler or Hidden Palms
I love Traveler itq so good.

Hidden palms is canceled but not that good anyway last episode july 4, traveler will only have 8 episodes this season, traveler is ok though I don't see it lasting more than one season.

Skiz
07-05-2007, 04:07 AM

It's over. :huh:

I was going to check out The Closer and 4400 but they're in like the 4th seasons. Am I gonna be confused?

Everyday@420
07-05-2007, 08:43 PM
One TV show I'd put in the category of Best TV Show You Aren't Watching is Corner Gas from Canada.

Corner Gas on CTV (http://www.cornergas.com)

Someone tipped me off too it and I downloaded all 5 season plus a special documentary from bittorrent. Very funny show with some great characters. I think it is supposed to be brought to America soon. Anyway, the only down side is some inside Canadian jokes and cultural references which mean nothing to me, but I date an expatriated Canadian chick so I get an instant explanation.

Busyman™
07-06-2007, 08:09 PM

I was going to check out The Closer and 4400 but they're in like the 4th seasons. Am I gonna be confused?

4400 yes

The Closer, no. (3rd season)

iNSOMNiA
07-12-2007, 12:01 PM
I can't find anything to watch right now. It's the off-season, so what's good?

I tried Flight of the Concords, but meh. I think Robot Chicken airs during the summer as well as mythbusters.

Skiz
07-12-2007, 02:22 PM

4400 yes

yea, tried to watch an episode of 4400 the other day. Not my kind of show to say the least.

Gonna try and catch The Closer starting next week.

@iNSOMNiA - WTF is Chicken Robot? Can't be arsed to Google. :lol:

Cheese
07-12-2007, 02:47 PM
I thought it was called Robot Chicken. It's a pop culture-fest animated with old action figures. Like a whole episode of Family Guy flashbacks. But funny.

Busyman™
07-12-2007, 05:33 PM
4400 yes

yea, tried to watch an episode of 4400 the other day. Not my kind of show to say the least.

Robot Chicken is the shit. It is definitely an "our generation show".

It parodies things from the game Spy Hunter to Michael Jackson.

Very nice show. It comes on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim.

2-3bzO3Mds4

iNSOMNiA
07-12-2007, 05:37 PM
yea it was late and i was abit tired :pinch: , I meant Robot Chicken: Link (http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=-xgZsVAMo8I)
It's worth watching :happy:

Defy
07-12-2007, 05:48 PM
I'm catching up on all the past seasons of 24! I tuned in during season 5 and have been hooked ever since. Although it is nice to know what went on in all the past episodes because sometimes they recap events, people, and places.

It's strange, I REALLY don't watch a lot of TV, but with 24 I can't help but keep my eyeballs glued to the screen. :)

Robot Chicken is the shit. It is definitely an "our generation show".

It parodies things from the game Spy Hunter to Michael Jackson.

Very nice show. It comes on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim.

Adult Swim is magical too.

Robot Chicken owns, and Aqua Teen Hunger Force causes me to double over, even though some of the shows can be completely random and make no sense. <3 Master Shake

TheDoc
07-12-2007, 09:15 PM
I recommend Prison Break

translator
07-21-2007, 10:26 PM
prison break is very good

Skiz
07-22-2007, 02:26 PM
Weeds starts back up in 2 weeks! :01:

Something Else
07-22-2007, 03:00 PM
Any good brit coms??? I miss the fast show and chris morris/armando ianucci shows :(

fastplumb
07-22-2007, 05:02 PM
I would recommend these 2 shows if you havn't seen them.
Psych if you like Comedy/Drama shows! just started season 2: http://www.tvrage.com/Psych/

Eureka: Action/Adventure/comedy/Drama/Sci-Fi also now in its 2nd season : http://www.tvrage.com/Eureka

WHRST
07-22-2007, 05:42 PM
I would recommend these 2 shows if you havn't seen them.
Psych if you like Comedy/Drama shows! just started season 2: http://www.tvrage.com/Psych/

Eureka: Action/Adventure/comedy/Drama/Sci-Fi also now in its 2nd season : http://www.tvrage.com/Eureka

be aware Eureka can be a bit chessy sometimes

CrAcK
07-22-2007, 07:24 PM
Whats About Criminal Minds??
I'm Watching Lost,Prisonbreak,24,The Shield,The Unit,Sg1,Scrubs,Sg1 and more!!

breaka19
07-23-2007, 02:12 PM
Prison Break & Lost

But it might not be as good comming in so late.

Fibo
07-23-2007, 02:51 PM
Jericho isn't half bad, Its actually pretty good. I had to see what all the commotion was about after it got canceled.

I recommend it.