PDA

View Full Version : What Did I Do Wrong?

mutterings
06-16-2003, 11:26 AM
:blink: I am confused i have just converted a big avi file to mpg the file is now upside down and back to front.I used a prog by arcsoft (packaged with dvd rw)the total conversion took 6 hrs which i was pleased with but it has problems :)

Guillaume
06-16-2003, 11:27 AM
You sure it's not been X-viD encoded?

mutterings
06-16-2003, 11:35 AM
It could be ! the file said avi and i must admit i didnt check properties.Why would xvid conversion do this?thanks for quick reply btw :)

Guillaume
06-16-2003, 11:45 AM
I have no idea why, but somewhere in your media player settings there should be a "flip video" option, I know there is one in BS Player... I used it and all my X-vid encoded files play properly now.

mutterings
06-16-2003, 11:57 AM
Thanks for help gurahl but i cant find the option to flip screen :(.the other problem i think i will have is when i play on standalone dvd i wont have the option to flip screen :unsure:
thanks again :)

Guillaume
06-16-2003, 12:16 PM
Damn! The forum crashed on me... So i'll have to type it again!
I can tell you where to find the option on BS Player ( play your movie, right click on picture > properties > Xvid Mpeg 4 video Decoder ) but I can't do anything about the standalone player... Sorry.

mutterings
06-16-2003, 12:27 PM
thanks gurahl :) i am now downloading TMPGEnc and try re encoding with that :( bang goes another 6 hrs on reencoding :blink: ....this plug and play stuff is nice and easy huh :unsure: plug and play if you are a proggrammer :lol: :lol: :lol: