PDA

View Full Version : This Is Beginning To......

soopaman
06-16-2003, 03:57 PM
This is beginning to really annoy me.

"What is?", I hear you ask.

I'll tell you what annoys me about this Forum. All the bloody members who say "I'm leaving for good", or "I can't be bothered with this board anymore". Then the members DON'T actually leave!!! :angry: Why?? Personally I think they lack the "cojones" to actually leave but would rather stamp their feet like toddlers and then wait until someone pays them some attention. Adthomp and Funky Capricorn/MusicWorld are just 2 examples that spring to mind (I'm positive there are others though). If you're going to leave just go and stop posting. That's all there is to it. Personally I think that the MOD's should do something about this because it's getting beyond a joke - it's happening almost everyday now!! I have had my say - thanks for listening. :D

Skillian
06-16-2003, 04:53 PM
Amen to that.

vivitron 15
06-16-2003, 05:07 PM
I can't believe this aggravates you so much. Just ignore it, if you don't like it. People aren't gonna change it, so we just have to put up with it; c'est la vie.

Curley
06-16-2003, 05:10 PM
It adds humour to the board in my opinion.

soopaman
06-16-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Curley@16 June 2003 - 18:10
It adds humour to the board in my opinion.

I know but the same joke over and OVER and OVER again becomes boring!!

fugley
06-16-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by soopaman@16 June 2003 - 15:57
This is beginning to really annoy me.

"What is?", I hear you ask.

I'll tell you what annoys me about this Forum. All the bloody members who say "I'm leaving for good", or "I can't be bothered with this board anymore". Then the members DON'T actually leave!!! :angry: Why?? Personally I think they lack the "cojones" to actually leave but would rather stamp their feet like toddlers and then wait until someone pays them some attention. Adthomp and Funky Capricorn/MusicWorld are just 2 examples that spring to mind (I'm positive there are others though). If you're going to leave just go and stop posting. That's all there is to it. Personally I think that the MOD's should do something about this because it's getting beyond a joke - it's happening almost everyday now!! I have had my say - thanks for listening. :D
That's it darn it!!!!!!!

You really done it now I'm going! What do you mean "good!" JP? :rolleyes:

Curley
06-16-2003, 05:18 PM
I do know what you mean to some extent. Once admin becomes aware of this, maybe they should delete one of the accounts then give the member a warning. At least that way, it won't encourage other people to do the same.

N£MO
06-16-2003, 05:21 PM
I hear what you are saying and it is a bit lame IMO,if i ever do decide to leave(and i have no plans for that) i would be gone,no drawing it all out and saying goodbye to everyone.

The two peeps you mentioned have both been called 'spammers' and seemed to enjoy it and play upto it alot but for what ever reasons have decided to leave.It is like they have made their own beds but now can't lie on them.

Having said all that it really isn't that much of a problem,we have loads of stuff to ignore on the board so just add it to your own list of topics to avoid.

Somebody1234
06-16-2003, 05:27 PM
Yup. I have seen FC leave and come back at least 3 or 4 times now. :P

and Adthomp...... :blink: :P

Enough of this so called joke. Stop trying to get attention with this and go help someone who is asking for help or just go already. No need to make an announcement about it. <_<

soopaman
06-16-2003, 05:36 PM
A bit of ruthless "pruning" of posts by the MOD&#39;s wouldn&#39;t go amiss either. Ignoring it would be easy, but it seems to cross topics and genres frequently. At least this has provoked some mature discussion&#33;&#33;

I&#39;m leaving now&#33;&#33; :lol: (joking, honest) :lol:

N£MO
06-16-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by N£MO@16 June 2003 - 18:21

Having said all that it really isn&#39;t that much of a problem,we have loads of stuff to ignore on the board so just add it to your own list of topics to avoid.

Thank you,kind sir.

But if we had an ignore button it would be like blocking out 5% of all posts on the forum for the two &#39;spammers&#39; soopaman mentioned.

Rat Faced
06-16-2003, 05:58 PM
At least they say "Goodbye" in the lounge.

This is a personal issue, and isnt a suggestion or problem with the website or forum, although the two are admittedly linked.

I think it only fair, that as they say "Goodbye" and "Hello, im back" in the lounge, then you take it up in the lounge....afterall, thats where the people are ;)

The other thing of course is washing our dirty laundry in public (in front of guests who have no idea what you are on about)....which this is and the lounge isnt :P

TheDave
06-16-2003, 06:00 PM
well if thats the way you feel im going&#33;&#33;&#33;

soopaman
06-16-2003, 06:18 PM
I can&#39;t believe this has been moved to the Lounge. I&#39;d considered posting this Topic in the Lounge originally but realised that it would turn into a childish flaming war. I feel that this topic IS relevant to the section in which I posted it:

"Talk here about things that concern this forum or our website."

I believe it says in the little box. My post concerned this Forum and it&#39;s members and the way some of them abuse this Forum. It&#39;s not a Lounge post - "Who likes food?" is. This should be moved back as soon as possible, if only to warn potential members that everything isn&#39;t what it seems and some people aren&#39;t who they say they are. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Buffalo
06-16-2003, 06:34 PM
What we need is Love, And lots of good positive post&#39;s so peace will ride.
Life today is hard and it shows.
We all have so much to share but so little time to do it.
We all say things we don&#39;t mean, it just pops out.
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Pumpencum/love_spread_40.jpg
This is my spread.
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Pumpencum/group_hug_40.jpg
And this is my hug.
Baz

crazy_billy_bats
06-16-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by CELEBS_ARE_US@16 June 2003 - 18:34
What we need is Love, And lots of good positive post&#39;s so peace will ride.
Life today is hard and it shows.
We all have so much to share but so little time to do it.
We all say things we don&#39;t mean, it just pops out.
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Pumpencum/love_spread_40.jpg
This is my spread.
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Pumpencum/group_hug_40.jpg
And this is my hug.
Baz
Baz & Jonno i&#39;d just like to say you are two of the most genuinley nice people i have met on the internet. If not THE most.
I say that in complete truth and honesty. :D
Peace.

J'Pol
06-16-2003, 06:37 PM
The point, as they say, is made.

Somebody1234
06-16-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Rat Faced@16 June 2003 - 13:58

This is a personal issue, and isnt a suggestion or problem with the website or forum, although the two are admittedly linked.

I think it only fair, that as they say "Goodbye" and "Hello, im back" in the lounge, then you take it up in the lounge....afterall, thats where the people are ;)

The other thing of course is washing our dirty laundry in public (in front of guests who have no idea what you are on about)....which this is and the lounge isnt :P
I think Rat Faced has misunderstood this thread. It should not have been moved to the lounge.

Based on what his post says, I think he sees this thread as one of those "goodbye I&#39;m leaving" type threads. It is not. :angry:

fugley
06-16-2003, 08:24 PM
Every body just stay for gawd sake&#33; :angry:

N£MO
06-16-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Somebody1234+16 June 2003 - 21:11--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Somebody1234 @ 16 June 2003 - 21:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rat Faced@16 June 2003 - 13:58

I think Rat Faced has misunderstood this thread. It should not have been moved to the lounge.

Based on what his post says, I think he sees this thread as one of those "goodbye I&#39;m leaving" type threads. It is not. :angry: [/b][/quote]
I have got to agree there,this topic is about our forum and should have been left where the soopaman posted it.

But that is only my opinion,for what its worth.

tite-wad
06-16-2003, 08:32 PM
http://www.w3.org/Icons/blank.gif

gumbydancin
06-16-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by tite-wad@16 June 2003 - 15:32
I don&#39;t understand what all the fuss is about in the first place.

They go - they stay - they say they&#39;re going - they come back - whatever.

Why did this need to be posted at all?
Cheers to that&#33; ;)

ultimatejester
06-16-2003, 08:44 PM
im my opinion, if somebody wants 2 leave, he should leave, there is no need to tell other ppl that u r leavin. like we care :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tite-wad
06-16-2003, 08:47 PM

Curley
06-16-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by ultimatejester@16 June 2003 - 21:44
im my opinion, if somebody wants 2 leave, he should leave, there is no need to tell other ppl that u r leavin. like we care :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
But some of us do, depending on who it is. People don&#39;t just converse on the board - it sometimes goes further than that, i.e SS/mirc.

fugley
06-16-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by tite-wad@16 June 2003 - 20:32
I don&#39;t understand what all the fuss is about in the first place.

They go - they stay - they say they&#39;re going - they come back - whatever.

Why did this need to be posted at all?
I&#39;m with you tit wad&#33;

tite-wad
06-16-2003, 09:56 PM

jetje
06-16-2003, 09:57 PM
Well i&#39;m leaving to.... for good&#33; Bye all have fun...&#33; and a good live on the forum

Curley
06-16-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by jetje@16 June 2003 - 22:57
Well i&#39;m leaving to.... for good&#33; Bye all have fun...&#33; and a good live on the forum
Bye jetje.... don&#39;t forget to shut the door on your way out :P :lol:

jetje
06-16-2003, 10:01 PM
yeah i leave for good, for today..
i&#39;ll be back tomorrow...

damn why don&#39;t they take me serious when i gone to get some sleep.... :lol:

really leavin&#39; for now ..... :blink:

night all...

Curley
06-16-2003, 10:04 PM
G&#39;nite :D

Ad
06-17-2003, 01:14 AM
Ok im gonna have my say about this

When I PM a certain peron I told him the reason why I would like to leave and have a fresh start this person said ok make a new account so I did, however it didnt quiet work out 2 members woked out who I was in no time so it didnt matter I came back again

end of story

stoi
06-17-2003, 01:29 AM
Well i know ppl say "its only the net, dont get so worked up over it", but when you have been a member for awhile and contributed to the forum with verifieds and helping where you can, then some "idiot" strolls in and critisises you, or says your talking crap, it can get a bit heated at times, i know ive been there. i also had a run in with 2 members (the older ones will know who), one was a complete spammer and i told him so, so he told me how to bring up my kids, cheeky bastard. the other one is a good member of this forum, and i apologise to both of them now, even though the spammer looks like he has retired for good.

I said i was leaving, but didnt say "hello im back" in the lounge, i wonder if that`s why im killing a lot of threads lately :P

seems a bit late to do it now though as i have been back for awhile.

stoi

sparsely
06-17-2003, 02:47 AM
fuck em

Ad
06-17-2003, 06:11 AM
I think some people are missing the poin on why me and FC left <_<

Nothing to do with a joke if BOT hadnt reuined it I would still be dead

MUSLEMAN
06-17-2003, 06:22 AM
well i for one enjoyed it :lol: :lol:

nahan
06-17-2003, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by adthomp@17 June 2003 - 02:14

When I PM a certain peron I told him the reason why I would like to leave and have a fresh start this person said ok make a new account so I did, however it didnt quiet work out 2 members woked out who I was in no time so it didnt matter I came back again

end of story
Why the hell would someone want to come back as a new member anyway ?
So you could makes us beleive your someone your not ?

Tricking everyone your a 13 year old boy has allready been done adthomp,
since you cant figure out how to yet ask scriblec.

Sounds really pointless in my opinion.

Ad
06-17-2003, 06:51 AM

Sounds really pointless in my opinion.

u see what I mean this is why I left its becasue of people like u with your bullshit fuking attitude asshole that i left :angry:

edit sorry for getting angry I just dont appreciate being called a 13 year old

N£MO
06-17-2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by nahan+17 June 2003 - 07:48--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nahan @ 17 June 2003 - 07:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-adthomp@17 June 2003 - 02:14

end of story

Sounds really pointless in my opinion. [/b][/quote]
I agree with you nahan.Adam if you are staying then fine but why try and be someone you are not.

Ad
06-17-2003, 06:59 AM
I agree with you nahan.Adam if you are staying then fine but why try and be someone you are not.

Its simple Nemo I&#39;m sick of people thinking of me as the rap hater and all i care about is f*cking post counts and you of all people nemo no about this I don&#39;t mind if people say I spam becasue I do it sounded like everyone got sick of me so I thought I should be someone else

soopaman
06-17-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by adthomp@17 June 2003 - 07:59

Its simple Nemo I&#39;m sick of people thinking of me as the rap hater and all i care about is f*cking post counts and you of all people nemo no about this I don&#39;t mind if people say I spam becasue I do it sounded like everyone got sick of me so I thought I should be someone else

This is exactly the reason I DIDN&#39;T originally post this Topic in the Lounge&#33;&#33; It was meant to be a serious, or at least semi-serious, discussion about this Board and its abuse by members. I can see some members have reduced it to the level of a school playground&#33;&#33; :angry:

Adam, if you&#39;re sick of people thinking you hate Rap (or whatever) you shouldn&#39;t have posted your ill-informed opinion several hundred times&#33;&#33;&#33; As for people guessing your new identity, it was blatantly obvious who it was - one of the only persons on the Board that can&#39;t spell their own name correctly&#33;&#33; :lol: Well, you and Nahan&#33;&#33; :P :lol: Don&#39;t English dictionaries exist in your respective countries??? :lol:

soopaman

Ad
06-17-2003, 12:30 PM
This is exactly the reason I DIDN&#39;T originally post this Topic in the Lounge&#33;&#33; It was meant to be a serious, or at least semi-serious, discussion about this Board and its abuse by members. I can see some members have reduced it to the level of a school playground&#33;&#33;

Adam, if you&#39;re sick of people thinking you hate Rap (or whatever) you shouldn&#39;t have posted your ill-informed opinion several hundred times&#33;&#33;&#33; As for people guessing your new identity, it was blatantly obvious who it was - one of the only persons on the Board that can&#39;t spell their own name correctly&#33;&#33; Well, you and Nahan&#33;&#33;&nbsp; Don&#39;t English dictionaries exist in your respective countries???

firstly Ive got the right to say what I want

and about my name spelt wrong it was ment to be like that I guess some people didnt get it :lol:

and soapman I havent said anything about rap since March but idiots keeps bringing it up all the time I wish people would just let it go I said I was making peace about it and I have stuck to my word also soapman with all respect u were one of the members that brought it up again

Yes my spelling sux also i should stop typing in the dark

Its seems like I have boxing gloves on when I type doesn&#39;t it :lol: :lol:

crazy_billy_bats
06-17-2003, 12:31 PM
I dont understand why people take it upon themselves to leave - why not just stay instead of running off ?&#33;&#33;

The more people here the better, i personally like to hear more peoples opinions.

If they&#39;ve gone, they&#39;ve gone, and if they were well respected members then I hope they come back, if not.....then does it really matter?

I also see no point in why they would come back under another name and pretend to be someone else. This is just as childish as running away in the first place.

Ad
06-17-2003, 12:35 PM
Well u see the thing is people reckon that I try to course truoble by saying what I believe in and by that they then say your a f*cking spammer and all you f(cking care about is post counts" so fuck it all I dont give a shit anymore

soopaman
06-17-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by adthomp@17 June 2003 - 13:35
Well u see the thing is people reckon that I try to course truoble by saying what I believe in and by that they then say your a f*cking spammer and all you f(cking care about is post counts" so fuck it all I dont give a shit anymore

Adam, there&#39;s really no need to have a temper tantrum. You are only reinforcing peoples opinions of you. Most of the time they are just pulling your chain but you constantly bite. Relax and don&#39;t take it so seriously. :lol: ;) :lol:

Ad
06-17-2003, 01:06 PM
Adam, there&#39;s really no need to have a temper tantrum. You are only reinforcing peoples opinions of you. Most of the time they are just pulling your chain but you constantly bite. Relax and don&#39;t take it so seriously.&nbsp; &nbsp;

yeah guess im just provoking them even more

I just dont want people to say I spam becasue of certain music threads :lol:

but that isnt spam at all&#33;&#33;&#33;

Yes I do spam but my posts in musicworld are my most helpful or constructive posts.

If your gonna say I spam then dont say I spam becasue of history

anyone yesterday was an extremly bad day for me

My sister lost a baby

had people abusing me all day

MY CD player got fucked up

My fav footy team got beat becasue of cheating refs

I still got told I cant get ADSL

add on that to everything else u can see I had a shit day yesterday and wanted to piss off

Ad
06-17-2003, 01:23 PM
ohh yeah the thing about dictionaries most of my mistakes arn&#39;t from spelling its from stupid typos just me being lazy in that :dont give a shit attitude"

also I like to say things how they sound and dont forget we spell things different here in Australia :lol: