PDA

View Full Version : CopaAmerica

BawA
06-29-2007, 05:41 AM
anybody watch CopaAmerica i do but cant watch them all because of the bad timing, its like 2 and 5Am here, so far i only watched todays Arg Vs US, they got pwnd big time 4-1, they started playing defense after their only goal all time long even when they were behind by 3. messi was so charged but couldn't score probably because he was surrounded.
oo and Brazil got pwnd as well by MEx 2-0.

Cheese
06-29-2007, 06:55 AM
It gets little coverage over here in the UK, which is a shame as some of the best international teams in the world are playing in this tournament.

I saw that Brazil got beaten by Mexico :lol:

BawA
06-29-2007, 06:59 AM
no coverage, why?
its a major tournament, here almost every local channel got the rights, probably because of time difference rights were given at very low costs.

Cheese
06-29-2007, 07:12 AM
no coverage, why?
its a major tournament, here almost every local channel got the rights, probably because of time difference rights were given at very low costs.

Dunno. It's on Sky Sports, but no-one cares really. It's not mentioned on the front-page of BBC Sport, probably won't get a mention on the terrestrial channels and they won't show it in the pubs.

Hell, I didn't even know it had started until you mentioned it and I follow football closely . . .

BawA
06-29-2007, 07:15 AM
now your talkin rubbish :sly:
i should have known it before :dry:

Cheese
06-29-2007, 08:07 AM
now your talkin rubbish :sly:
i should have known it before :dry:

It's the truth. South American football is not very big over here, no-one watches their league football and very few people care about their international tournaments. Why would I make that up?

Barbarossa
06-29-2007, 08:33 AM
Honestly, I didn't know it was on either.

Cheese
06-29-2007, 08:41 AM
More people here are likely to watch the Superseries Football World Baskethockey Playoffs in USA than watch the Copa America, that's how apathetic we are about it.

BawA
07-12-2007, 04:10 PM
man Argentina is so super charged this time, wining most of the matches with 4 goals. :w00t: :yahoo: :thumbsup:
today they won from Mexico by 3-0
final on Monday Arg-Bra
Brazil doesn't stand a chance IMO, they hardly won from Uruguay at free kicks but they are big flookers so they m8 scape from bottle neck .

SpiderPig
07-12-2007, 11:26 PM
I heard that the Brazilian team was their National JUNIOR team...

That's why the Americans beat 'em (and remember, all the guys playing for the US are under 20 years old)

BawA
07-13-2007, 03:17 AM
Brazil didn't had any match with USA :blink:
and do you think Rohbinio and pabtista are junior?
old players to new player ratio is almost 5/5, the only reason you think their new is because you didnt see them before, some were substitute.

Jagarga
07-13-2007, 08:29 PM
plus i beleive a lot of the american players are over 20.

samoyan
07-14-2007, 01:57 AM
Tomorrow will be "el classico" match! Brazil vs Argentina. I like both teams, but I think Argentina will win.

FireMan
07-14-2007, 02:13 PM
Hello people,
at this moment Argentina is to practise better soccer, and therefore it is my favourite.
Brazil as if knows is also one equips of surprises.
Good game for all players.
Fair play.;)

:gunsmilie

SpiderPig
07-15-2007, 06:54 PM
old players to new player ratio is almost 5/5, the only reason you think their new is because you didnt see them before, some were substitute.

Yeah they did. Ronaldihno didn't play in that game

GaleaNatur
07-15-2007, 07:21 PM
argentina easily or hard will win....my favourite between them is brazil but the reality is that 70%-80% will win..

Friendly Fire
07-15-2007, 11:28 PM

Yeah they did. Ronaldihno didn't play in that game

It's a different competition. The game you're thinking about (where the US won) was for the U-20 World cup, where all players are 20 or bellow.

And the Brazilians win Copa America by a concluding 3-0. Unexpected for me, since they played rather poorly throughout all the competition. Unlike Argentina who played really well every match, except for the one that mattered most. Go figure.

samoyan
07-16-2007, 03:46 AM
And the Brazilians win Copa America by a concluding 3-0. Unexpected for me.For me also:unsure:

BawA
07-16-2007, 04:54 AM
as i told they're bloody flookers, entire match they depended on two strikers by counter attacking, some how Ayala wasn't in his mode this time, i personally blame huge gap in defense area, they were forwarded till mid-fielders.
i couldn't sleep last n8 :cry:

jetje
07-16-2007, 09:29 AM
Highlights of the game (a dutch soccer site)
You'll see 2 links

De hoogtepunten van de duels van 15 en 16 juli in de Copa América (wich means as much as highlights of the games)

De beelden van Brazilië-Argentinië (speaks for itself i guess)

De beelden van Mexico-Uruguay (speaks for itself i guess)

Link
http://www.vi.nl/vi/show/id=62802/contentid=94357/sc=a1158d#

The Dutch public tv had a daily show with the highlights of the games.
Honestly i thought it wasn't the best tournament, Brazilians where very lucky to get it to the final were Argentins throughout the tournament were the best team. The final was a poor match, but overall there were some fine goals in the tournament. There are a lot of skilled players in the Coppa america, but there are even more butchers on those fields. The skilled got killed. ;)

BawA
07-16-2007, 10:15 AM
Highlights of the game (a dutch soccer site)
You'll see 2 links

De hoogtepunten van de duels van 15 en 16 juli in de Copa América (wich means as much as highlights of the games)

De beelden van Brazilië-Argentinië (speaks for itself i guess)

De beelden van Mexico-Uruguay (speaks for itself i guess)

Link
http://www.vi.nl/vi/show/id=62802/contentid=94357/sc=a1158d#

The Dutch public tv had a daily show with the highlights of the games.
Honestly i thought it wasn't the best tournament, Brazilians where very lucky to get it to the final were Argentins throughout the tournament were the best team. The final was a poor match, but overall there were some fine goals in the tournament. There are a lot of skilled players in the Coppa america, but there are even more butchers on those fields. The skilled got killed. ;)

exactly, Brazilians were playing so dirty just to stop strikers on ARG's side.
i guess Donga had filled his players with hit and run tactics, fukin cowered http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/icons/icon7.gif
am so pissed off and sad that i bought a large pack of galaxy choco bar to lighten up, didnt help.
same thing happened to me when ARG lost to Germany in WC final but that time instead of choco bar i took Club Sandwich http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/icons/icon3.gif, it took me like 3 days to recover.

Barbarossa
07-16-2007, 10:55 AM
That must have been a helluva club sandwich :O

On Topic - So Brazil won, eh. Well done to them. I never like to see the Argies doing well, (cough 1986 cough hand of god cough bastards)

I know I've taken the piss before, but this time, BawA really was my only source of information for this event. Cheers ;)

BawA
07-16-2007, 11:08 AM
That must have been a helluva club sandwich :O

On Topic - So Brazil won, eh. Well done to them. I never like to see the Argies doing well, (cough 1986 cough hand of god cough bastards)

I know I've taken the piss before, but this time, BawA really was my only source of information for this event. Cheers ;)

c'mon get over it, he paid his debts now you guys have new chap to jump on :fake ronaldo:, beside its not fair to hate a team because of one player although i almost hated italia because of Materazi.
what am so sad about it is that ARG was doing so good after a long time but the fact of losing the final to flookers who had to struggle their way to it annoys me.
i shut off the TV prior to 10 min of ending and went to bed hopping maybe something would change when i wake up but nothing :cry:
man can we close this thread i really need to forget about this and stop seeing TV for atleast 3 days.

Barbarossa
07-16-2007, 11:29 AM
Never mind about all that, tell us about this bed hopping you got up to :smilie4:

With regards to Argentina, I'll never get over it. :snooty:

BawA
07-16-2007, 11:33 AM
its like sometimes your having a nightmare and you wish to wake up so everything can end, it was kinda nightmare for me since the match was at 1Am(thats when i woke up) and it continued till 3 so it was like a bad dream and i wanted it to be finish as quick as possible.

Michellin
07-20-2007, 07:57 AM
Brazil should've lost to Uruguay on Penalty's but the Uruguayan player hit the post. Did Brazil play with Ronaldinho and Kaka cause I didn't watch the finals. It was like at 5 am and couldn't be bothered

pazsh
07-21-2007, 07:23 PM
I Like A Lot Copa America!!!
Bests Games..... Great Soccer......

T_w
07-22-2007, 10:13 AM
Brazil should've lost to Uruguay on Penalty's but the Uruguayan player hit the post. Did Brazil play with Ronaldinho and Kaka cause I didn't watch the finals. It was like at 5 am and couldn't be bothered

Yeah but in penalties anything can happen :]
They missed more - they lost :P