PDA

View Full Version : 28 Days Later. - Spoiler..

mogadishu
06-16-2003, 06:30 PM
At the end, where the hell did that plane come from that was passing over the huge hello sign. The movie was great, and i loved the parts where london was entirely deserted. Ive been to so many of those places and to see them like that was eery. Anyway, I remember the woman saying in the beginning that there were reported cases around the world, which leads to my question, what was that plane doing?

EoN
06-16-2003, 07:07 PM
They were only isolated cases. The rest of the world had quarantined the UK because we were already overrun by the infection. That’s what one of the army blokes was saying when he was chained to the radiator :D
The plane was properly checking for survivors sent by another country.

I loved that movie, so different.

evilbagpuss
06-16-2003, 07:10 PM
nah, the whole world didnt get infected. I guess they managed to contain it before it got out of hand. The incubation period was only 10-20 seconds so it would make sense I guess.

As for the plane... probably tourists taking photo's :P

enoughfakefiles
06-16-2003, 07:12 PM
Don`t want to sound like a trainspotter btut the plane actually had RAF markings on the wings.

evilbagpuss
06-16-2003, 07:14 PM
Shouldnt that be a planespotter? :)

Good observation though.

Locomariachi
06-16-2003, 08:43 PM
I just downloaded this movie and I loved it, especially when they let that black soldier who was infected go and he just went hay-wire on the rest of the soldiers, that was sweet. I just had a hard time figuring why there were THAT few survivors and how the main character survived. i mean 28 days alone in that room ya know? :blink: :huh:

Reggies19
06-16-2003, 09:15 PM
that movie was fantastic, i havent been scared of a zombie movie since night of the living dead..and this film scared the sh*t outta' me!

ezyryder
06-16-2003, 10:19 PM
The movie was certainly one of the master-peices of this centuary so far. I am left longing for a sequal to the movie, to see how the epidemic has spread... however, in fairness adding more to it shall only wreck it.

Some_Geezer
06-16-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Locomariachi@16 June 2003 - 20:43
....... and how the main character survived. i mean 28 days alone in that room ya know? :blink: :huh:
I thought this also..

I think he survived because he had sliped into a coma or something and was on a drip etc.

also he was locked in the room, he bends down and picks up a key. I assumed someone had locked him in and pushed the key under the door to keep him safe before fleeing.

mogadishu
06-17-2003, 12:13 AM
yea, i just watched the end again and the plane did have RAF marks on it. I guess its a british film so they couldnt get any other jets to fly over. Correct me if im wrong, but the entire movie was filmed in england? It would have cost a bunch more to have another plane fly over for such a small part.

Movies like this always freak the shit out of me. Reminds me of nucleur holocost movies. Or a twilight zone were a guy goes into a safe to read books and when he goes out the entire world has been nuked. Crazy shit.

Paul_NFFC
06-17-2003, 03:10 AM
hmm sounds good ill have 2 get it, people finally saying a british movie is good :D

justin89
06-18-2003, 04:17 PM
it could have just been a set and they added stuff to it with cgi to make it look like london.

Allende1973
06-18-2003, 05:12 PM
I read somewhere that it is really London. They filmed early morning and asked passers by to wait out of shot. The shots are quite short (15-20 seconds) so I suppose it wasn't that difficult

Squidgy
06-18-2003, 08:38 PM
I love this film

@Allende1973 You are right that it was all shot in London. Between approx. 4am - 5am during summertime over a couple of weeks, it was nearly ruined when some students found out what was going on and kept running by. <_<

As for the RAF jet, I guess it could be explained that as we have aircraft carriers and air force bases around the world, Germany etc. those bases would want to be flying over and protecting their own country,

Reggies19
06-19-2003, 12:00 AM
they did the same thing on vanilla sky, when tom cruise was running down times square..they had to shut it down for one minute just for that shot&#33;

JaVnI
06-28-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Paul_NFFC@17 June 2003 - 03:10
hmm sounds good ill have 2 get it, people finally saying a british movie is good :D
Thats not true. What about Lock Stock and Snatch? <_<

kazaaliteuser007
07-27-2003, 01:56 AM
There are so many aircraft that are bought from the &#39;forces&#39; that have been de-commisioned also The Full Monty was a great british film along side many others like The Dambusters B)

Rabid_elephant
07-27-2003, 06:33 AM
awsome movie. But i watched a dvd rip like 4 or 5 months ago. :unsure: how come its just coming to theatres here in usa?

Pcsteele
07-27-2003, 08:04 AM
I didn&#39;t find out until after it was out here that it had been out for a while(a year or so?) in England. that happens to a lot of films that aren&#39;t produced here. I think someone realized it could make them some money over here and decided to distribute it.

jii_m
07-27-2003, 11:00 AM
At the end, where the hell did that plane come from that was passing over the huge hello sign.
The Pilot is speaking in finnish.

yea, i just watched the end again and the plane did have RAF marks on it.
I didn&#39;t pay that much attention to the plane but someone said that
it was old GA11 Hawkerhunter with oversized finnish marks...? Don&#39;t
have the movie so I can&#39;t check this.

FAF plane /w marks (http://ilmavoimat.fi/galleria/hn10.jpg)