PDA

View Full Version : Repairing Rars with QuickParse

myminpins
06-29-2007, 03:35 PM
Figured it out. :)

brotherdoobie
06-30-2007, 02:45 AM
If you post a question asking for help, and solve the problem yourself - don't edit the post... explain what you did to solve your problem.

I know everything...others don't. :snooty:

Peace, brotherdoobie

zapjb
06-30-2007, 02:50 AM
If you post a question asking for help, and solve the problem yourself - don't edit the post... explain what you did to solve your problem.

I know everything...others don't. :snooty:

Peace, brotherdoobie
Thanks bd. n00bs got to be schooled. :frusty:

myminpins
06-30-2007, 11:03 AM
ROFL... not ONE person replied to this thread to help me out so I figured why bother going into a big long explanation for nothing?

Anyway, I didn't figure it out. Still don't know how to do it. But did figure out the files I was downloading were too old, that's why so many pieces were missing, okay?

Sheesh... get mad if I remove a post (Since I'm not allowed to delete it) yet won't help me in the first place? Seems a tad hypocritical to me, especially since you claim to know everything....

brotherdoobie
06-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Your problem is... that you are using QuickParse to repair rar files.
Try Quickpar, instead.

/fixed

If your still having problems; read this guide.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-newsgroups-79/t-repairing-rars-pars-and-quickpar-132644 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t-repairing-rars-pars-and-quickpar-132644)

-bd :dabs:

myminpins
06-30-2007, 02:58 PM
It IS Quick Par, sorry, I misspoke.

And they weren't rar files - which was the other problem :)

brotherdoobie
06-30-2007, 03:23 PM
So... Is everything working, now. What type of files were they, btw?

Peace, brotherdoobie

myminpins
06-30-2007, 03:37 PM
Actually, I found out the files were all too old so I had a TON of missing pieces so I threw everything out and am starting again, setting newsleecher to retrieve files no older than 100 days since its retention time is 102 days.

I don't remember what kind of files they were but to be missing 500 pieces here and 400 there, I just chucked everything :)

Once these get down, I'll try again :)

brotherdoobie
06-30-2007, 04:17 PM
Ah... you were using your ISPs news server. So, you went with a paid server
for the retention times. (you're catching on, lad) :)

-bd

myminpins
06-30-2007, 04:41 PM
LOL Yup!!! :) I went to news.usenetserver.com as recommended by one of the folks here. :D

I'm an avid torrent user so finally switching to newsgroups (which I know I should have done long ago!!! LOL :rolleyes: :whistling ) and there's a lot of quirks and learning involved, I'm finding :w00t: Thank goodness for the guides on here, etc. They're very helpful!! :thumbsup: :D

By the way, I'm a lass not a lad :lol: :)

brotherdoobie
07-02-2007, 02:33 AM
By the way, I'm a lass not a lad :lol: :)

Well, I guess I don't know everything. :dabs:

I'm glad to see you're using newsgroups. (they're the cat's meow)

-bd

myminpins
07-02-2007, 02:08 PM
I'm glad to see you're using newsgroups. (they're the cat's meow)

-bd

Well, I've downloaded a few things using newsgroups and a ton using uTorrent and newsgroups is a lot slower. The speed is amazing but it seems to take forever to download things using newsgroups. Maybe it matters if you're using a posted nzb? You don't download as much "stuff" you don't need? 'Cause the only ones I've downloaded from newsgroups so far were things I found using search using newsleecher.