PDA

View Full Version : Phew! Made It!

sArA
06-16-2003, 11:41 PM
:D Hello everyone, I actually made it!

Good flight and jet lag making me a party animal!....No seriously, everyone here has really come together to help us make the transition (Cheers Dave for being an airport shuffler...even if we did get lost twice!!! lol)

The garden is lovely, and the weather is great...(better than in the NorthEast I can assure you)

The challenges I am now setting myself once I have settled back in, are seeming so much more possible now that I have a more critical eye on my surroundings. They are all (I think) good moves.

From another perspective, there is a numbness, that I feel relates to the familiar yet distant sense that returning to my home town brings.

I am happy to be home, and so are the kids, suffering Jetlag with aplomb...yet there is a sadness, almost grief about where we were, and what we have left behind. We went to Cambridge MA, knowing we would return to England...

but leaving, despite knowing that our stay was only for a while, not for ever, was something to look forward to...the going home...

Now we have 2 homes... :)

clocker
06-16-2003, 11:45 PM
Welcome back, Sara.
How were the pretzels on the plane?

sArA
06-16-2003, 11:51 PM
Now you come to mention it.....the snacks were a bit scarce...no pretzels...but the meals were mighty tasty!!!!!

The inflight entertainment however was something else!!!

It was a brand new plane...(virgin.... ) and each seat in economy had a handset and screen with a choice of 'on demand' 50 odd movies.....all recent...tv shows...kids channels...games....internet access...

And it was all FREE!!! Amazing.....makes ya wanna fly in that way all the time...anyone here ever flown Northwest Airlines will know what I mean!!

clocker
06-16-2003, 11:55 PM
Jeepers, I'm impressed.
The last few times I've flown (on United) we had a choice between pretzels or landing gear.

The prezels were just okay.

hobbes
06-17-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by clocker@17 June 2003 - 00:55
Jeepers, I'm impressed.
The last few times I've flown (on United) we had a choice between pretzels or landing gear.

The prezels were just okay.
Yes, but United wastes most of it capital on licensed pilots. That is just pissing money away.

Northwest knows that poeple love movies and are fairly indifferent to pilots they never see. So at Northwest, the flight attendants are also the pilots.

Are they trained? Not exactly, but the courtesy rooms at all the major airports do have Playstation 2 and this really bitchin' flight simulation game.

Just remember this, when you press that call button to get an extra pillow, nobody is manning the wheel. Sure, a calculated risk, but what could happen at 35,000 feet, anyway.

Glad you're on the ground, safe.

Bass
06-17-2003, 01:29 AM
Hi Sara,it was a pleasure doing the airport jaunt, but I`m sure if you hadn`t have intoxicated my taste buds with discourse of marine comestibles(you know how i love my fish....and I was starving) we wouldn`t have missed those turn offs(only 2......thats not so bad).lol
I do hope you are glad to be back with us thicko`s, we`re not that bad :lol: and I hope you come to my place soon,taxi waiting.
Well me dear, I`ll be seeing you in the not too distant future,probably after rehearsal if you`re home.

Take care,

later matey ;)

j2k4
06-17-2003, 05:39 AM
I cannot, alas, match the wit and creativity of Clocker's and Hobbes' posts, Sara-

I am gratified to merely be breathing easier at the news of your swift and safe return. :D