PDA

View Full Version : Data Error (cyclic redundancy check) When Installing Windows

Brenya
06-30-2007, 05:32 PM
System Setup Log - (C:\Windows\setuperr.log)
Error::
Installation Failed: D:\1386\asms. Error Message : Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

xxx

Fatal Error:
One of the components that Windows needs to continue setup could not be installed.

Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

If you are installing from a CD, there might be a problem with the disc; try cleaning the disc or using another disc.

If you are installing from the network, it is possible that not all of the files were copied correctly to your disk drive. Run the disk checking utility on your installation drive from the Recovery Console and start setup again.

xxx

I downloaded Windows XP Professional Corporate SP2 Integrated June 2007-ETH0 from TL this morning.
I unrared the e-xpc2jn2k7.iso
I burned e-xpc2jn2k7.iso to a clean 700MB CD-RW with Nero 7 Ultra Edition at 4x (600kB/s).
Nero Verified the data successfully.
I tried installing this on two computers, both with the same error.
Both HDDs formated correctly.
Windows installer successfully wrote all the files on both machines.
Windows installer rebooted and it 1. Collected information, 2. Dynamic Update, 3. Prepared installation, but when it got to 4. Installing Windows the error popuped up.

I have no idea what is wrong. Let's assume that my copy of e-xpc2jn2k7.iso is the right copy because in utorrent is Checked it and it went all the way up to 100% with no problem.

LaPistola
06-30-2007, 05:45 PM
download a new copy the torrent may be corrupt, or try using a cd-r instead of an rw, i've had problems with rw's before and now i don't trust them

Virtualbody1234
06-30-2007, 05:53 PM
download a new copy the torrent may be corrupt

I unrared the e-xpc2jn2k7.isoIt's not corrupt. It was extracted from a rar file. If it was corrupt then there would have been an error msg displayed during unraring.

Definitely burn it to a CD-R instead of RW.

You could also burn it with http://www.imgburn.com/ instead of Nero.

Brenya
06-30-2007, 06:31 PM
I don't have any CD-Rs... I have a bunch of DVD-RWs ... if anything, could I burn an image that small on a DVD-RW?

peat moss
06-30-2007, 06:33 PM
Why not just install Microsoft Windows XP Professional Student Edition SP2 Integrated June 2007-ETH0 instead , after you get the dvd media problem sorted ?

Less problems in my humble opinion , like win player 11 , IE7 etc.

The DVD -rw should work tho or try Indego or Black DVD Edtions , more than one way to skin a cat .

Brenya
06-30-2007, 07:01 PM
In all honesty, I downloaded Windows XP Professional Corporate SP2 Integrated June 2007-ETH0 because it was the most popular at the time :dabs:

Wow I am getting really frustrated.
I got some CDRs from the store and burnt a copy of Windows XP Professional Corporate SP2 Integrated June 2007-ETH0
The data verification in Nero said there were no problems.
I reformatted the HDD of my computer and reinstalled Windows.
I got the same error. What could be wrong? Should I just not use Nero? Why would changing CD-burning software make a difference if Nero's data verification completed successfully?

:frusty:

mcshazzo
07-01-2007, 12:41 AM
i had the same problem and i couldnt fix it

Brenya
07-01-2007, 01:10 AM
i had the same problem and i couldnt fix it
If what you say is true, then I may just have to try ETH0's student version.

I'm wondering if someone explain my (or rather our) situation?

Ok I downloaded Microsoft.Windows.XP.Pro.Student.Edition.SP2.Integrated.May.2007.READ.NFO-PMM and installed it successfully. :)

Chewie
07-01-2007, 08:06 AM
Sounds like either the source file was corrupt before being Rar'ed or the compiler didn't have the archived files checked for errors after adding to the archive.

peat moss
07-01-2007, 10:25 AM
You should leave a comment to the uploader on TL , just to warn others ?

myminpins
07-01-2007, 11:24 AM
I downloaded and burned MANY copies of Win XP Pro SP2 from various places until I finally found one that worked perfectly. There are a lot of no good versions out there. Once you find one that works perfectly, make copies of it and let everyone know which one it is :)

Appzalien
07-04-2007, 03:05 PM
I don't like those put together versions by who ever, they usually contain crap I either don't want or can easily install my self and putting that crap in can be tricky and cause a lot of problems. The real way to go is to get a virgin copy of XP Corp and integrate SP2 or download XP Corp with SP2 and nothing else. Then go to RyanVM and download the latest criticals to update the files and burn your own image.

This way you can make a basic image and decide later if you want IE7 or 6 or Media Player 9, 10 or 11. And avoid all the problems that can occur when someone tries to install a bunch of uneccessary crap. Ryans integrator and critical package is easiest to get from torrents because the site is usually jammed. There are also extras you can integrate as well, if you choose IE7 or Media Player11 at least you'll know it was done right automatically. Also if you leave the files on your hard drive you can update over them with new versions to get the latest criticals only, so the hard drive files are always just a month behind the MS Update Site. Then burn only when you need a copy.

Ryan's is pretty easy and fool proof, there are tutorials on his site to get you going but basically you copy the files from a cd or image (with SP2 already integrated) to your hard drive, open the integrator and point it to Ryan's file and to your hard drive folder and sit back. You can also use the integrator to create the image for you but thats another issue, the site sucks when it comes to describing this process but after you have integrated the files onto the hard drive you need to clear the integration screen and re point to the new version you made but leave everything else blank on the first page. Then go to the make iso page and enter a path and name for the iso to be created, put WXPVOL_EN as the volume name (thats for a corp version), select the default MKisosf setting and let it go. No need to hunt down the boot image its included in the integrator.

After you go thru it once you'll be an expert.

peat moss
07-05-2007, 02:22 AM
Or they go too far the other way removing files and adding tweaks . here's one I found today on Demoniod . Pretty small at 308 mb.

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Corporate SP2 May 2007 - Performance Edition Multilingual
Original Size: 615 mb
New Size: 308 mb (Difference of 307 mb)

"I have decided not to install Firefox or a Codec pack this time. I always get bitching about how one pack or program is better than another.
I will just let you guys pick and install them yourselves. I will just provide the Barebones Operating System. "

"This has all windows updates through June 2007. This is has been tested in VMWare Numerous times with no errors.

This is also a Corporate Version. This means there is no validation required. I have included the CD-Key
already in the install process. This means at no point will you have to enter it.

This is based off the Eth0 June Release. This should Install IE7 and WMP11 Automatically for you. "