PDA

View Full Version : Why Do People Keep Fake Files ?

yxuz
06-17-2003, 10:14 AM
many movie files arent what they seem to be
I remember downloaded "final destination 2"
but guess what it turns out minority report
x2 becomes south park movie
daredevil becomes jacky chan drunken master

now ppl,
WHY WONT YOU KINDLY RENAME YOUR FAKE FILE ???

{I}{K}{E}
06-17-2003, 10:19 AM
use AVIpreview ;)
No one on this forum make fakes so your at the wrong place

yxuz
06-17-2003, 10:30 AM
I use AVIpreview
but still dont understand why ppl share fakes
what good does it do to them?

3RA1N1AC
06-17-2003, 10:32 AM
it's probably a very small number of jerks who create fake files on purpose, and then most people just continue to share fakes they've DL'd completely out of ignorance (don't know how to change the file info, DL so much junk and don't even bother to check if it's real, etc).

most people are not spreading fakes on purpose. they're prolly just newbies.

yxuz
06-17-2003, 10:54 AM
I hate newbies

that1dude
06-17-2003, 06:55 PM
Alot of people i know with fake files dont know they have fake files until sometimes when i ask them, then they delete them.
Alot of people that still use the regular Kazaa still need to get participation points so by haveing something that somebody or even alot of people want such as a movie that isnt out yet that would give them more points and their downloads would be alot faster. they surely are jerks :blink:

yxuz
06-18-2003, 10:09 AM
yes but why do those jerks still use that adware kazaa

and earn "points"?

are they just jerks who are stupid?

BawA
06-18-2003, 11:47 AM
Most of fake files r published by company's to avoide us from D/Ling there files 4 free, and some of user sapport them by D/ling there fake files and keeping them for sharing :angry: :angry:

but they dont know that we r not that fool :) :) :) :angry:

JaVnI
06-18-2003, 12:19 PM
I will now probably summarize all the answers into one here, It is the following:

1.) Newbies/People who have no life

2.) The companies themselves like warner bros.

3.) People who want a better participation level by sharing fake files which evryone will d/l

4.) People who actually want the movie that was the cover up for the fake and just cant be botherd to change the title. but sometimesn you cant actually change the title bcos it changes itself back.

But anyway there will never be no fakes so use avi preview

totalwar
06-18-2003, 12:39 PM
Hope this helpful all the movies you wanted are in my post no fakes and they are mostly dvd rips or high quality movies.

many movie files arent what they seem to be
I remember downloaded "final destination 2"
but guess what it turns out minority report
x2 becomes south park movie
daredevil becomes jacky chan drunken master

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showtopic=42166

:rolleyes:

FER3D
06-18-2003, 01:29 PM
That is so true, I mean companies posting wrong files.

Lately is almost imposible to download A File that correspond to its name. At least with movies.

Imagine if you are Warner B. owner. I will make install kazaa in every computer in my company (thousands) and share wrong files so people get tired of download wrong movies and buy them.
They make me think of buying Matrix Reload after trying eight times to download it(700Mb each time) and get whatever but Matrix.

Then I download The Hulk something like 5 times and it wasn't any of them.
After that I decide to participate in the Forum to see what's going on.

At the beggining I thought the idea of stupid people changing names, but after reading some post here I really think the idea of Huge enterprises doing this. (WB, Sony, Fox, Tristar, paramount, etc. etc.). (There might be also some stupid guys of course).

If every huge movie enterprise do that, Kazaa won't be anything but crap, and we will have to use a personalized P2P instead. Wich will be kind of slow but it will be secure.
I'm already using one of those but just for Soft, I'm not using it for Media (yet).
But I think if kazaa is going this way, I will have to use that one for Media too.
It is really presonalized. you have to trade file by file, it takes some time but is secure at least. You download what you trade before.

It is really dissapointed to download 700 Megs that are whatever but what you wanted (even more dissapointed is to download 10 different 700Mb version and any of them were what you want).

Does any of you have any other download technique but Avi Preview?
Im trying to check the names. Per example in a movie that is shared by 200 users, I open the tree and I see if there are different names or titles. Most or every time there are different filenames or the Title names. I think every time you see something like that it menas the file is whatever but what you are expecting for that to be.
I couldn't check if that technique works, because ever single file i check doing that way had plenty of different File names, title names, descriptions, etc. But all of them has the same file size of course (if not there wouldn't be a tree to check)

Thanks for reading, Share your opinion and solutions please.
bye
FER3D

yxuz
06-18-2003, 03:19 PM
there are some other ways:

1.see from those verified files sites, but these downloads are usually very slow(my experience)

2.dont think of cinema films, cos they are either fake or vague, try released dvd titles

3.curse fake file uploaders

Champ
06-18-2003, 07:50 PM
Just to add to some stuff, most of the {TMD} 2 fast 2furious is fight club so be aware :ph34r:

caffeineaddict
06-18-2003, 07:55 PM
When I first came here, I thought meh, this forum is gonna suck compared to the other one I had where I could get the verifieds before.. (it got shut down or something) and I was really disappointed, so I decided to sign in here... Was I ever surprised when I saw that there were more categories after signing up.. I like, jumped for joy since my download paradise was back.

What I find though, is that the MPAA are still in these forums even if they shouldn't be. I was looking for a real version of the hulk, and found one that was corrupted ((again) as I'm sure many of you would know by now). So yes, I'm still a little pissed that there doesn't seem to be any place where there is absolute shelter from the MPAA.

They're really annoying (with the new releases anyways) but hey, if they REALLY wanted to deter us, they could've done much much worse than what they're doing right now. I say that they must not really care whether people do this or not, since it doesn't seem like they're trying hard enough to deter people. They can shut a board down, another will pop up, they shut down all the boards, new types of communication will become available to us. No matter WHAT they do, they cannot stop people from downloading their stuff, and they know it.

They should just create guilt in people, and encourage them to support the movie and music industry. Why did they not create say, a secure way of downloading media from THEM? That way, people would be happy. People would get decent quality, pay a minor charge, and hey, everyone's happy. But NO, they decide that paying people to distribute fake files on the net is a MUCH better way than giving the people what they want, and still making money at it. The MPAA has no real inkling as to the magnitude this MAY have on their future. They are blind to it, and for that, I hope they collapse under their own ignorance.

yxuz
06-18-2003, 08:53 PM
who is MPAA?
a good friend of RIAA?
they cant shut the kazaa server so they shut the old forum?
arent they being too childish?

caffeineaddict
06-18-2003, 09:02 PM
The MPAA is the Motion Picture Association of America. They shut the old forums that I was going to down, but since they have no legal claim HERE due to the disclaimer, I don't think they can shut this place down, cuz they'd be breaking the rules of the board. So, that means that they'd have to find some other way of tainting the boards (in my opinion).

But of course, I am a skeptical person, I'm always seeing ways of people to do stuff.. like the MPAA would have to hire people to break the law by posting fake hashes on the boards - bad idea, but hey, whatever they want to do.. lol. It's an interesting life online.

The MPAA's just being stupid. I mean, they don't think of the little guy, which is what they SHOULD think of.. I mean, hell, if you can get a movie online for like, say, $3, why go to the theatre? they could still make some profits, and people wouldn't have to pay the outrageous prices at the theatres (about $8, possibly more or less, depending on where you go).. I mean, all many people want to do is watch the freakin' movie.

*edit* - wording in the first paragraph did not make clear sense, so I re-worded it

seabass
06-19-2003, 01:58 AM
Actually, sometimes I kept known fakes up for a while, with an altered name and description telling the user it was a fake - hoping to save their bandwidth. But a lot of wackos still downloaded them, so I stopped doing that.

caffeineaddict
06-20-2003, 11:30 AM
Yes, thank you Seabass, I appreciate people like you very much, it's much more helpful when people know how to modify the tags to tell people the file is fake.

TsukasaDotHack
06-21-2003, 08:51 PM
I agree with the corporate theory. Since there is so much information on the Net showing how to rip a DVD, a movie studio could do it, too. So they just get a bunch of DVDs that their employees have at home, from other studios, and rip them and put them on Kazaa named after their own films. Since they have T3 and better, it's easier to get their files. I'd be wary of any 700MB file that downloaded in two hours (being on DSL).

Here's the ultimate fake file killer: pTrack. It has a feature to take ALL your downloads and put them in a non-shared folder. Then, you check that folder every now and then, and delete (or correct) fakes, and take the files that are real and put them in a shared folder. Since pTrack moves the file right after it downloads, you won't inadvertently share a fake until you can verify it. (I leave my Kazaa running 24/7 because I have DSL!) The only down side is when I go to bed I'll see a file that will complete in 20 minutes, and I think to wait for it, but then the connection speed drops and now it's 45 minutes, so I say F#$% it and go to bed. So for 7+ hours, this legitimate file is not being shared. If it's legitimate. But then I think, if the person sent it to me a little faster, I could have verified it before going to sleep, and it would have been on share all night. But I guess a lot of people don't think much about uploads. I don't. ;)