PDA

View Full Version : How 24 Changed Me

WHiKWiRE
07-02-2007, 06:33 AM
When the summer started I figured I'd finally get into the series 24. And after watching 10 episodes of the first season I can honestly say Jack Bauer has changed the way I live my life.

For example, before watching 24 a drive to the store would be as slow as molasses but now when I'm driving I don't stop for those so called "traffic lights" and "stop signs". :shifty: It would seem they were put in there to throw me off from my objective. In Jack Bauer's case saving his wife any daughter (bear in mind I'm only on the first season), in mine getting a coke. (have to feed the caffeine addiction) :crazy:

I'm sure you can see that me and Jack Bauer aren't very different. :lol:

thewizeard
07-02-2007, 06:36 AM
It could also change you and others into corpses which is why most wait patiently for the colour to change to green

WHiKWiRE
07-02-2007, 08:42 AM
It could also change you and others into corpses which is why most wait patiently for the colour to change to green

someone else sent to distract me from objective :lol:

thewizeard
07-02-2007, 09:13 AM
Yes it's called Maya and until enlightenment, you will constantly be distracted and will need to apply great concentration..otherwise you could forget your purpose and overshoot the mark.

johnchimpo
07-02-2007, 10:01 AM
You must always be on the lookout for terrorists, evil relatives, and of course pot smoking hippies.

Gripper
07-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Nice to see Jack Bauer over here looking after our 2 princes at their concert yesterday

thewizeard
07-02-2007, 10:20 AM
Nice to see Jack Bauer over here looking after our 2 princes at their concert yesterday

The concert at Wembley Stadium. Yes it was a great show. Except for that comedian, at the end, who could not ad-lib :)

brotherdoobie
07-02-2007, 10:57 AM
Agreed. He was shit.

-bd

Jagarga
07-02-2007, 12:04 PM
his wife dies at the end of season 1. shot by nina.

thewizeard
07-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Talking about Wembley Stadium... it looked OK all lit up for the occasion...some of the aeriel shots made the stadium appear to look like a gigantic .. Eye... Diana's eye I thought..

Also it was such a contrast, terrorists outside trying to bring the British public to their knees and inside the stadium, a feeling of love and togetherness; they failed of course.

tesco
07-02-2007, 01:40 PM
You'll also notice that going to washrooms and showering is 100% unnecessary.
Objective Objectives!

Mr. Mulder
07-02-2007, 07:10 PM
Jack Bauer >*

(was signing into windows at work with my CTU log in screen and this girl from telemarketing came over and was like you like 24!? I love 24, have you seen the new season? and i was like FUCK OFF! can't you see this is a private terminal, what clearance do you even have you UGLY SLUT BEAST!)

Dr.Pretentious
07-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Jack Bauer >*

(was signing into windows at work with my CTU log in screen and this girl from telemarketing came over and was like you like 24!? I love 24, have you seen the new season? and i was like FUCK OFF! can't you see this is a private terminal, what clearance do you even have you UGLY SLUT BEAST!)

Did you Judo throw her to the ground, pinning her to the ground with your knee on the back of her neck, and with a gun held to her kneecap shouted, "Where are the god damn nukes!"?

thewizeard
07-03-2007, 04:08 AM
Jack Bauer >*

Did you Judo throw her to the ground, pinning her to the ground with your knee on the back of her neck, and with a gun held to her kneecap shouted, "Where are the god damn nukes!"?\

You have both been watching too much X Files :)

Mr. Mulder
07-03-2007, 07:44 AM
Jack Bauer >*

Did you Judo throw her to the ground, pinning her to the ground with your knee on the back of her neck, and with a gun held to her kneecap shouted, "Where are the god damn nukes!"?
yes, yes i did :mellow:

Mr. Mulder
07-03-2007, 07:45 AM
Did you Judo throw her to the ground, pinning her to the ground with your knee on the back of her neck, and with a gun held to her kneecap shouted, "Where are the god damn nukes!"?\

You have both been watching too much X Files :)
no, no we haven't :mellow:

as there is no such thing