PDA

View Full Version : WinMX bites the dust

popopot
07-02-2007, 10:08 AM
http://www.p2pnet.net/images/winmix.jpg
" Official Statement (29/06/2007):

Today I have closed down.

This decision took a while to come to however eventually it was made to terminate operations as of today. Advanced notice was given to others to prepare for this however they chose not to act on this which has caused much panic, hence this announcement.

When frontcode decided to pull the plug on WinMX I took over operations from them and continued to keep WinMX running, and made some improvements along the way, however this has not been without hassle. At every step of the way there have been people constantly doing everything they can to work against me trying everything they can to make as much hassle as possible.

I have continued to put in my time and effort despite this because at the end of the day the winmx community was worth it. Lately however there has been nothing worth saving, the once great community has mostly fallen in to people arguing and fighting, and even the small pockets of the community I used to be able to go to for a bit of fun and to relax I now can't - if it's not someone complaining it's someone pestering for answers to something. It's quite simply not something I see any point in putting my effort in to saving any more.

In case anyone is wondering why I have come to this conclusion that it's not worth it, I suggest you read peoples reactions to this closedown. If you think it's selfish of me to want to spend my free time doing something I want to do instead of what you want me to do for you, and if you think it's selfish to want to spend what little spare money I have on myself instead of spending it all on you, then you are exactly the reason that this has happened. If however you think it's perfectly reasonable for me to do whatever I want to with my time, you are apparently in the minority.

--King Macro, Head of WinMXGroup Operations

Note: WinMXWorld are apparently attempting to take over network operations from me now, so if you want to get WinMX reconnected you can try there."

:source: Source: http://winmxgroup.com/

DefX
07-02-2007, 10:58 AM
WinMX has a community?

TBH, I'm surprised they even lasted this long.

weenden
07-02-2007, 11:04 AM
yes i am a part of the community at times and it'll be sad to see them fold up

Colt Seevers
07-02-2007, 11:26 AM
lol

ulun64
07-02-2007, 12:41 PM
I didn't know them at all :(

killuminati96
07-02-2007, 04:22 PM
People were still using WinMX? :frusty: I thought it died years ago. lol

jokzor
07-02-2007, 06:24 PM
wtf is winmx?

delimare
07-02-2007, 11:18 PM
I can't believe it lasted this long either. I quit using that program years ago.

thewizeard
07-03-2007, 10:08 AM
WinMx gone again :O it seems to make a habit of going. Wait..why do I still have 1000+ WinMx users logged in? Should I link them to this post?

GhettoPlayer
07-03-2007, 03:50 PM
People were still using WinMX? :frusty: I thought it died years ago. lol

yeah p2p is dead but opennap servers still running..

Vargas
07-15-2007, 10:13 AM
winmxgroup bites the dust, not winmx.
http://mxpie.com/downloads.html

:w00t:

weenden
10-13-2007, 08:12 PM
its still goin strong im still on it ,am now on private servers with alotta like people who share what they share there private servers are like the private trackers you see on here its all by invite and have to no someon to get in they all have there own chats so you can have fun some have trivia and other games too dont no if ill ever give it up

DooMeD68
10-15-2007, 10:11 PM
they sometimes had extremely rare files - problem was though - they was very slow in the matter of completion rates for people that used the service !!
another one bites the dust !!

WolfDV
10-19-2007, 02:29 PM
winmx . . haven't tried that in years .. anything decent on it anymore>?

Colt Seevers
10-19-2007, 05:10 PM
winmx . . haven't tried that in years .. anything decent on it anymore>?

Super Aids, mostly.

ajs1544
10-24-2007, 07:45 PM
still working ok for me as well and you do find some rare stuff on it sometimes