PDA

View Full Version : Is Bittorrent Hard To Use?

Vamp
06-17-2003, 03:16 PM
Let me get this right...I download a BT Gui, which is a client, then I goto these torrent sites, follow the links to the stuff I want and the client downloads the files for me and puts them in a shared folder type thing?

Paul_NFFC
06-17-2003, 03:19 PM
its just like downloading off a website its really simple

install bittorent,find a torrent with somthing on you like and click it,then thats it, it downloads just like things do off a website, and all the while your downloading your also uploading..you have to upload theres no choice about it

then onces its finished downloading u cant share it nomore unless u leave the download/upload window open (i think)

Vamp
06-17-2003, 03:25 PM
When I Goto my Bttorent folder and I click on the BTdownloadgui icon, it opens up a little thing that says Estimated time left: failed...Does BT come with a webinstaller like the original Kazaa, or is it just a small file...What's the point of using torrents if you can just get normal files off webpages, is it faster then normal things? I take it it doesn't have a interface like Kazaa where you can check up traffic and stuff, can you download more then one thing at once? Also, when I click on the link to a torrent, a little few KB download comes up, gets to 99% then says "Could not download to specified source" or something like that, but the BT things still comes up and asks where I want to save to with the file name and says Connecting To Peers.

Is this normal

callum
06-17-2003, 03:30 PM
Bittorrent Guide (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showtopic=43152)

bumrocks
01-07-2009, 09:29 AM
O.o A guide! I thought this might come in handy for the noobs at FST! LMAO!

This shit is classic! Hopefully this thread will make you laugh too! Seems appropriate to have some threads like this to give us something else to talk about without all the e-drama.

Enjoy!

bentomans
01-07-2009, 09:36 AM
it's really easy to use , i recommend utorrent :D

meelad
01-07-2009, 09:43 AM
I don't recommend Bittorrent. It is addictive. Within no time, you will find yourself finding lame things to download at 3 am in the night. Don't go for it. :D

Sanka113
01-07-2009, 09:49 AM
So the search function does work?

KushBlow
01-07-2009, 10:05 AM
If you mean the client, don't use it on trackers like ScT, SCC, etc. because it's banned there.

meelad
01-07-2009, 10:06 AM
It is pretty clear that he doesn't mean the client.

KushBlow
01-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Oh...right. I just find it hard to believe.