PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Or Gamecube?

monkeyhead
06-17-2003, 03:18 PM
what u lot recommend a xbox or gamecube?

Vamp
06-17-2003, 03:53 PM
Xbox, Defiently...More powerful, more longtevity, more features, and the games are much more mature then Gamecube, although Gamecube has one or two "Adult" games like Resident Evil etc

2nd gen noob
06-17-2003, 03:55 PM
ps2 :P

CornerPocket
06-17-2003, 04:00 PM
If it's between the two, yes definitely Xbox as the Gamecube is design around the childern of today. More of a childrens machine if you ask me, with a minimal amount of Adults action style games.

Surprised PS2 was not an option here.

TheDave
06-17-2003, 04:08 PM
so what if the gamecube aint got to many "adult" games, at least the games it has are good.

monkeyhead
06-17-2003, 05:06 PM
ps2 :D lol

Twist3r
06-17-2003, 05:13 PM
xbox has more power better graphix and way better online playing plus the hard drive :P

monkeyhead
06-17-2003, 05:49 PM
wid the hardrive does any1 no how big it is?

2nd gen noob
06-17-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by monkeyhead@17 June 2003 - 18:49
wid the hardrive does any1 no how big it is?
standard xbox hdd is 8gig
however, you can fit up to 200gig

monkeyhead
06-17-2003, 06:21 PM
what do u use the hardsik 4?

monkeyhead
06-17-2003, 07:22 PM
This is a uk (prefebly) question but does any1 no whe i can get a good bundle for under £150?

ttttttttt
06-17-2003, 08:13 PM
it depends on what kind of person you are if you dont like to be scared or you are a wimp and dont wont a challenge you dont wont x-box, but if you like adventure and silly easy kid stuff you waste your money on gamecube

Vamp
06-17-2003, 09:00 PM
I'm in South Africa, when I went to Machester, I got an Xbox, plus 2 games (Turok/Halo) plus 2 controllers for 159 Pounds

Jayhawk
06-18-2003, 12:15 AM
i kinda want a gamecube just cause i like super smash bros melee but i got it for the 64 so i decided dont need it cause i got a ps2 still. Its a tough call depends on what kind of games u want

monkeyhead
06-18-2003, 06:48 AM
this might help a xbox bundle with gd games like shoot em ups action xtra

Xelotath
06-18-2003, 07:22 AM
Don't listen to all these 13 year olds that make have a maturity complex. since when is shooting random people mature smart guys? The Gamecube (my preferable system and I am 18) has many games that are high quality. The X-box has one 5 star game (halo) where the GC has 5-10 (Super Mario Sunshine, Eternal Darkness, Pikmin, Ikaruga, Metroid Prime, Zelda, Resident evil 1, and 0, Super Smash Bors Melee, Rogue Squadron 2 (3 coming soon) Mario Kart Double Dash, and i can go on and on.) Oh, and you can only play x-box online if you have broadband. where as GC supports 56k users and Broadband.

The GC's graphics are just one step behind x-box and they are still amazing. The x-ox controller is made for people with HUMONGOUS hands, where the GC controller fits all.

Trust me when i say that the GC is the better system. the only people that say the gc is "kiddy" are 13 year olds that have no life and judge how "cool" they are by the system they own.

Good luck in your decision.

DarkBlizzard
06-18-2003, 08:26 AM
Xbox .....its much much better than gamecube....i cant stand gamecube...its games are so childish

EDIT:

@ Xelotath ......man xbox has better controller than gamecube....and if its to big just get Controller S for xbox....its smaller

EDIT: @ Xelotath.....dude who wants to play with a 56k user....they are SLOW!!!.....the reason xbox is only broadband is because its much faster. Anyone that says 56k users are good isnt a good gamer because they should know all it does is slow down everything and make lag and sometimes get kicked off...

I have T1

Stonecoldfreak1
06-18-2003, 09:13 AM
judged by what system you own? lmao thats a good 1

X i can say like 3 of those games that people would like for more than an 10 min... also some of those games are just ports <_< RE1, Ikaruga (its on dreamcast also), SSBM (pretty much the same thing as the first IMO still a good game tho @ budget price). gamecube online has 1 game and there havent been any planned online games... plus that 1 game has a &#036;8 a month fee to play... now who would want to pay 8 bucks a month to spend 5 minutes connecting and then get kicked 2 min later?

anyway if shit keeps going on the way it is now i say close it...

DarkBlizzard
06-18-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Stonecoldfreak1@18 June 2003 - 04:13
judged by what system you own? lmao thats a good 1

X i can say like 3 of those games that people would like for more than an 10 min... also some of those games are just ports <_< RE1, Ikaruga (its on dreamcast also), SSBM (pretty much the same thing as the first IMO still a good game tho @ budget price). gamecube online has 1 game and there havent been any planned online games... plus that 1 game has a &#036;8 a month fee to play... now who would want to pay 8 bucks a month to spend 5 minutes connecting and then get kicked 2 min later?

anyway if shit keeps going on the way it is now i say close it...
hahaha&#33;&#33;

Xbox has like 20 or so online games and by christmas of 2004 there is going to be at least 100 online xbox games. The only xbox game u gotta pay for to play online is Fantasy Star Online.

Paul_NFFC
06-18-2003, 09:32 AM
xbox :rolleyes:

ScotchGuy
06-18-2003, 09:34 AM
-Xelotath I agree with you totally. I&#39;m tired of all these damn thirteen year old using the fact that xbox has more "power" or "hard drive" space as a weak form of an argument.

Notice Twisters Post: "xbox has more power better graphix and way better online playing plus the hard drive"

-Woah, a bigger hard drive&#33; There&#39;s no reason for it to be that big in the first place, all you really need is about 16 MB, all you&#39;re storing is game data, not video files.

-Who the fuck cares about the power, the difference in performance is so minute that it shouldn&#39;t even be a factor in deciding what console to purchase. Ever heard of Maddox (http://maddox.xmission.com)? I think he said it best when he said:

"What he failed to realize was that just because you have all the raw material to make a great system doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s going to be great. Saying the xbox is a good system because it&#39;s powerful is like saying you made a great painting because you used the best set of paints."

-Since when did power and graphics become such a big deal? It&#39;s the games that decide how good the console is. I would much rather play Duck Hunt or Metroid instead of a game that is suppose to have excellent graphics. Who gives a fuck?

-Guess what Xbox owners, Halo is not that good of a game. It&#39;s the only game that xbox has that is mediocre, I guarantee you that whenever you ask someone the best game for xbox they will always say "Halo" It&#39;s like clockwork. I challenge you to name 10 games that are equal to or better than Halo. For some help check out the other great games made by "Bungie" gnop, minotaur, weekend warrior, abuse, pid, marathon trilogy, myth & myth 2, and oni. Wow what a selection I wish I could play these excellent games.

-xbox is a bad console, made by an even worse corporation. Why would you even support Microsoft, don’t you know their history? They&#39;re a backstabbing company teetering on the edge of complete Monopolization.

-Why don’t you just go out and buy a computer for Christ’s sake? That&#39;s what it is&#33; It&#39;s a low quality PC, if you know the slightest bit about PC&#39;s you&#39;d know that the technology used in the xbox is outdated, so why is it that Microsoft thinks that this is acceptable. Yeah dude, come on over to my house and you can check out my new 733 MHZ processor&#33; That wouldn’t attract anyone with some decent computer knowledge. Or how about that sweet 4x DVD Drive, wow what technology, how can they afford to put such great technology in such an awful system? Well the answer is they cant, they&#39;re losing so much money from this monstrosity that if it was any other company they would have stopped development as soon as the idea had passed through someone’s head. Microsoft loses &#036;150 dollars for every xbox they sell, sounds like a good investment

-xbox also has the worst theory I&#39;ve ever seen, hmmm lets put a bunch of crappy hardware into a huge box, that just by dropping will create tremors that can be picked up by seismographs in a 20 mile radius. The original idea behind the xbox was to create sturdy foundations for trailer parks, but they realized that this technology was too poor even to use among common slack jawed yokels. Something so large and such a huge waste of space that it needs its own backpack to carry around.

ACTUAL EVENT:
Person Says: Hey can you put my xbox into my backpack?
Other Person Replies: How about I put your backpack into your xbox.

-That made me chuckle so I thought I&#39;d add it.

-Below Quote From CNET:

Sales in Japan, where the Xbox went on sale in February, have been miniscule, with research firms in the country reporting sales of a few thousand units a week in recent weeks.

Sales in Europe, where the console arrived last month, have also been tepid, due partly to a selling price considerably above the Xbox&#39;s main competition, Sony&#39;s PlayStation 2. Microsoft responded by announcing a price cut of almost 40 percent early Thursday for the European Xbox. The console will now sell for for &#036;266 in mainland Europe and &#036;288 in Britain, compared with initial price tags of &#036;419 and &#036;434.

-Notice how they used the word "miniscule" does not sound like it&#39;s selling that well. It looks like America is the only country who has been stupid enough to buy into Microsofts crap.

SUMMARY: xbox is the worst console ever invented. Go with GC, go with PS2, go with Atari for fucks sake, just don&#39;t go with xbox.

DICKWAD
06-18-2003, 11:54 AM
Just Buy A damn X-box Dont get Gamecube i got it and it sucks , I like X-box more ONLINE gaming is fun&#33;&#33;&#33; :)

Twist3r
06-18-2003, 03:11 PM
Why don’t you just go out and buy a computer for Christ’s sake? That&#39;s what it is&#33; It&#39;s a low quality PC

If xbox is a low quality pc what does that make GC A REALLY SHITTY PIECE OF SHIT

-Woah, a bigger hard drive&#33; There&#39;s no reason for it to be that big in the first place, all you really need is about 16 MB, all you&#39;re storing is game data, not video files.

for custom audio files unlimited save games, download content for games and you can even copy a xbox game onto the hard drive and play it off there

-Since when did power and graphics become such a big deal? It&#39;s the games that decide how good the console is. I would much rather play Duck Hunt or Metroid instead of a game that is suppose to have excellent graphics. Who gives a fuck?

get a atari then

-Guess what Xbox owners, Halo is not that good of a game. It&#39;s the only game that xbox has that is mediocre, I guarantee you that whenever you ask someone the best game for xbox they will always say "Halo" It&#39;s like clockwork. I challenge you to name 10 games that are equal to or better than Halo. For some help check out the other great games made by "Bungie" gnop, minotaur, weekend warrior, abuse, pid, marathon trilogy, myth & myth 2, and oni. Wow what a selection I wish I could play these excellent games.

hhmmm game cube games are chilish but fun i might add the only mature games it has is BMX XXX and resident evil

ScotchGuy i bet your using a microsoft product right now its called windows unless u got a shit mac or linux

monkeyhead
06-18-2003, 03:29 PM
Why don’t you just go out and buy a computer for Christ’s sake
ScotchGuy that isint in debate :angry:

can sum please answer the question where can i get decent a xbox bundle for under £150?

DarkBlizzard
06-18-2003, 04:13 PM
Ok ScotchGuy,....you want 10 games to be named that make xbox the BEST and are as good as Halo. Not all of these have been Releases yet but here i go.

* Numbers dont mean how good they are*
*these are all ONLY on Xbox *
* And i have more than 10*

1. Counter Strike
2. Half-Life ( Not the same as Counter Strike)
3. Conker: Live and Uncut
4. Dead to Rights
5. Fable
6. Halo 2
7. Mech Assault
8. The Whole XSN Sports group of games ( about six of them)
9. Doom III
10. Quantum Redshift
11. Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War ( Not sure if its only Xbox...i dont think it is)
12. Sega GT 2002 Online
13. Steel Battalion
14. Tom Clancys Rainbow Six 3
15. True Crime: Streets of L.A.
16. Unreal Championship
17. Xbox Music Mixer ( Not a game.....but used to copy CD&#39;s etc..)
18. Deathrow
19. Brute Force ( Its good after u get good at it)
20. Phantasy Star Online Episode I and II

olibomb
06-18-2003, 04:14 PM
Gamecube owns the xbox easily. Think how small it is, how small the games are. And some of the games on it

budgetboy
06-18-2003, 04:25 PM
I have got none of the 2 consoles but if I chose one I&#39;d probably go for the Gamecube, mainly because it&#39;s portable and most games for it won&#39;t appear on any other console.

and I know I&#39;ll probably get flamed for this but I think metroid prime looks better than halo :ermm: (braces himself for imminent flattening by flying xbox&#39;s)

plus I enjoyed all the games I bought on my N64 that have sequals on GC

rogue squadron
smash bros. melee
mario sunshine
mario 128
zelda wind waker
F-zero
starfox adventure

plus the gba link-up looks interesting

DarkBlizzard
06-18-2003, 04:29 PM
Metriod Prime sucks flaming @&#036;&#036; ......Halo is THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME on any game system. Its so fun online. Its endless fun. Everyone one talks about it. Halo is AWESOME because of all the funny shit u can do. I always send warthogs flying across the sky. The game is just so good. But Halo 2 will show the world the power of Xbox.

monkeyhead
06-18-2003, 04:32 PM
but still cant ny1 answer where i can get a good bundle of a xbox?

budgetboy
06-18-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by DarkBlizzard@18 June 2003 - 16:13
Ok ScotchGuy,....you want 10 games to be named that make xbox the BEST and are as good as Halo. Not all of these have been Releases yet but here i go.

1. Counter Strike
4. Dead to Rights
5. Fable
6. Halo 2
7. Mech Assault
9. Doom III
10. Quantum Redshift
11. Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War ( Not sure if its only Xbox...i dont think it is)
12. Sega GT 2002 Online
13. Steel Battalion
16. Unreal Championship
18. Deathrow
might i point out the number of games in this list already on other consoles

PC
half-life (PS2 and dreamcast)
counter-strike
mech assault (mainly just taking the mechwarrior series to xbox)
Doom 3 (xbox power is just at reccomended spec)
return to castle wolfenstein (PS2 as well)
rainbow six 3 raven shield
Unreal Championship (UT2003)

N64
Conker: live and uncut (just conkers bad fur day with extra multiplayer)

I think I&#39;m going to get some death threats soon :unsure:

budgetboy
06-18-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by monkeyhead@18 June 2003 - 16:32
try woolworths they do some good bundles

never really looked at prices tho

DarkBlizzard
06-18-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by monkeyhead@18 June 2003 - 11:32
Make Your Own Bundle

Click Here to make ur own bundle (http://ebgames.com/ebx/ads/shops/createabundle/xb/)

DarkBlizzard
06-18-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by budgetboy+18 June 2003 - 11:34--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (budgetboy @ 18 June 2003 - 11:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DarkBlizzard@18 June 2003 - 16:13

1. Counter Strike
4. Dead to Rights
5. Fable
6. Halo 2
7. Mech Assault
9. Doom III
10. Quantum Redshift
12. Sega GT 2002 Online
13. Steel Battalion
16. Unreal Championship
18. Deathrow
might i point out the number of games in this list already on other consoles

PC
half-life (PS2 and dreamcast)
counter-strike
mech assault (mainly just taking the mechwarrior series to xbox)
Doom 3 (xbox power is just at reccomended spec)
return to castle wolfenstein (PS2 as well)
rainbow six 3 raven shield
Unreal Championship (UT2003)

N64
Conker: live and uncut (just conkers bad fur day with extra multiplayer)

I think I&#39;m going to get some death threats soon :unsure: [/b][/quote]
Its a New Half-Life.....Half-Life 2 or something..

Counter Strike is a going to be a different version of it.( More features etc..)

Conker Live and Uncut has a ton of new stuff and its gonna be so much fun.....i was reading about it and there is a ton of new weapons....its alot better than Conkers Bad Furday

Mech Assault is much better than piece of shit Mech Warrior

Doom III will be ONLY on xbox.

Unreal Championship doesnt have the normal human weapons that UT 2003 does...it has different kinds of weapons and better levels.

budgetboy
06-18-2003, 04:44 PM
then how come both E3 showings of doom3 were on pc?

Half-life 2 is also on pc (got the E3 movie myself :D )

the new counter-strike is also coming to pc called CS condition zero

and I&#39;m guessing that Unral champ gave xbox users some mutators and the odd mod since they couldnt d/l there own

DarkBlizzard
06-18-2003, 04:46 PM
Whatever the case....i still named at least 10 which is all i care about

DarkBlizzard
06-18-2003, 04:48 PM
All The more reason to get an Xbox..

http://halo.bungie.net/images/site/halo/screenshots/halo2/h2_e3_04.jpg

http://halo.bungie.net/images/site/halo/screenshots/scrn_136.jpg

http://halo.bungie.net/images/site/halo/screenshots/halo2/h2_e3_08.jpg

budgetboy
06-18-2003, 04:51 PM
ah... halo 2

I got the E3 movie and I agree it looks excellent

I think I&#39;ll play it on an emulator when I get a new pc

DarkBlizzard
06-18-2003, 04:54 PM
You can download the Official Halo 2 from E3 here... This download is very nice quailty.

http://halo.bungie.org/misc/e32003trailermirrors.html

randomguy
06-18-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by budgetboy@18 June 2003 - 16:51
ah... halo 2

I got the E3 movie and I agree it looks excellent

I think I&#39;ll play it on an emulator when I get a new pc
Halo 2 on an emulator?

I hope you are kidding :lol:

Anyway you should look at it like this. If you have a powerful PC then you will be able to get a lot of the Xbox "console exclusive" games on there. If you don&#39;t then you should get an Xbox. The Gamecube has more exclusives than the PS2 and Xbox put together

Do you like online gaming? If Yes then get an Xbox. If not then get a gamecube.

Are emulation and homebrew game/app capabilities important to you? If yes then get an Xbox with a modchip. If not, get a Gamecube.

Do you have a Gameboy advance? If yes then you might consider a gamecube for the interconnectivity features. eg Splinter Cell uses the GBA as a HUD map. It&#39;s very very cool.

I got my Xbox bundle from amazon a while ago. It came with 5 games for £205. The games were all good too (Halo, Splinter Cell, Jet Set Radio Future , SegaGT 2002 & rallisport Challenge). So you might want to try them and see what they have available right now. www.chochollect.com (mars promotion thing) also had an Xbox for free if you sent in 70 mars bar wrappers. I don&#39;t think they do it anymore though :(

PinkPig
06-18-2003, 07:18 PM
Gamecube&#33; By a long way&#33;

Seriously, I can&#39;t think of any reason why anyone who could only buy one console would choose a PS2 or X-Box above the GC.

Consoles:
1. GC - great games
2. X-Box - some great games, some not so great
3. PS2 - loads and loads of really poor games, and just one or two great ones

Please don&#39;t call me a fanboy, since I do own and enjoy all three...

Busyman
06-18-2003, 07:21 PM
It&#39;s funny that almost all the posters on here have ONLY OWN ONE DAMN SYSTEM AND ACT LIKE THEY ARE EXPERTS ON A SYSTEM THAT THEY DON&#39;T EVEN OWN.

You have folks that say that they &#39;played another system over a friends house and it sucked&#39;. Oooooo I hated my Dreamcast at first (because of the controller) but after playing it for awhile I loved it.

Scotchguy&#39;s post was so biased he got most facts completely wrong. What a @#&#036;*. I wouldn&#39;t be surprised if he worked for a gaming company (at least I hope so they way he rides their pony).

ALL SYSTEMS HAVE SOMETHING THAT MAKES THEM WORTH OWNING

READ http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showtopic=42439

Xbox is the clear #2 seller now
Some retailers are dumping the Gamecube (unfortunately) because of lackluster sales. FACT
Some gamemaker are doing the same or saying they will not bring out new ones the Cube.
PS2 is #1 because of the past carryover to now (excellent marketing). If I made a game I would want to reach the most people and they have the most.

I have Gamecube ONLY for games like

Rogue Leader
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil (remake not port)
Zelda Ocarina Of Time
Zelda Wind Waker
Metroid Prime
Super Mario Sunshine

ScotchGuy
06-18-2003, 09:36 PM
Busyman: Just because I dislike something doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s biased. I&#39;ve played the xbox many a time, my friends enjoy playing Halo and so I played it along with some other xbox games, the truth is Halo is OK. So I&#39;ve played xbox and made my decision that xbox is by far and will forever be the worst console on the face of the Earth. Now does that seem unfair to you? You may want to recheck the definition of bias. By your standards any opinion is biased. I like chicken, but not Turkey. THAT&#39;S BIASED.

BIAS: an unfair preference for or dislike of something.

QUOTE FROM THE "READ"

"Gamecube doesn&#39;t have it at all. A TOTAL BONEHEAD MOVE BY NINTENDO"

How is that a bonehead move by Nintendo, I think it was quite smart. Because they didn&#39;t use DVD discs like everyone else they made it impossible to copy. Sure they could have added a DVD player, but what&#39;s the point when the console is made for gaming, not watching movies. They stuck to gaming.

As for the rest in that read he makes many good points, some that people refuse to believe still.

"Gamecube is almost up there with Xbox. It has great graphics. It&#39;s funny noone ever really talks about it."

How many times do people need to say that the different in graphics is so small that it really makes no difference, plus the graphics shouldn&#39;t even be a big deal.

"Gamecube does not have alot of games at all in comparison but they have alot of quality games for the amout of games that were put out. Metroid Prime, Zelda, Rogue Leader, etc."

DarkBlizzard: You just keep proving my point that all the xbox supporters care about is power and graphics and they couldn&#39;t care less about gameplay. Wow look at those sweet Halo2 screens, nice graphics. Who gives a shit how nice the graphics are, and that&#39;s really all the screens tell you. It&#39;s not like they outline how excellent the gameplay is with a couple of screens.

As for your list, 8 of the games you listed are on other consoles, like BudgetBoy pointed out. Then you said Xbox Music Mixer ( Not a game.....but used to copy CD&#39;s etc..)" which you said is not a game. And "dead to rights" is also on GC and PS2. And "Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II is also on GC. So it looks like you failed to name 10 after all.

While I was looking up these games I noticed something and thought this couldn&#39;t be true. Steel Battalion Review (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/steelbattalion/review.html), notice the price of this game at the top of the review. &#036;199&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; For ONE game?? That&#39;s as much as the xbox, I&#39;m going to go out and buy a 200 dollar system and then pick up a 200 dollar game.

The review also stated "As you might expect, getting used to the controller is something that takes hours to accomplish." Does this look like xbox did a very good job with the controllers? It takes hours to get used to using the controller?? Strange if you ask me.

Twister: "If xbox is a low quality pc what does that make GC A REALLY SHITTY PIECE OF SHIT" A shitty piece of shit huh? How old are you exactly? See it&#39;s different when the GC has more than one good game, that&#39;s what makes it better so the graphics and power don&#39;t really matter. But why don;t you take a look at this specs chart, the GC really isn&#39;t that far away graphics and power wise. So there goes your only form of an argument.

xbox specs (http://www.xboxcity.com/Console/Specs.asp)

Although xbox obviously reigns supreme with polygon performance.

"you can even copy a xbox game onto the hard drive and play it off there" How big is this hard drive? I seriously don&#39;t know, I was assuming it was around 8 GB. Well are you saying that you can copy an entire DVD onto this hard drive. Most DVD&#39;s are multi-layer and they&#39;re about 9 GB, how is an xbox game going to fit. If it&#39;s more than 8 though I guess xbox did one thing right, but I&#39;m not sure why, that&#39;s like asking people to copy games from their friends for free, or from rental stores.

"get a atari then" Ok I already have one, I guess I&#39;m done.

"ScotchGuy i bet your using a microsoft product right now its called windows unless u got a shit mac or linux" Well actually I have an option to boot into either Windows 2K or Linux Red Hat 8. See I installed the OS&#39;s on different partitions on my hard drive, that&#39;s what allows me to do this. I&#39;m sure I&#39;ve lost you already, but of course you&#39;ll research to find out what I said then come back and say something like

"F00lzed j00zers, I kn0wzeredz 4ll alongz&#33;&#33;&#33; ROFL&#33;&#33;"

Oh and just because I use Windows 2K doesn&#39;t mean I support M&#036;, do you actually think I paid for it? Unless you think me using it is boosting their morale or something to that effect.

Also did you call Linux a piece of shit? You&#39;ve got to be kidding me, that&#39;s the one OS that takes some sort of computer know how to use.

DarkBlizzard: "Metriod Prime sucks flaming @&#036;&#036; ......Halo is THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME on any game system."

-You&#39;re a complete moron, there you go again proving my point. Listen to yourself, the best game of all time on any system? That&#39;s the most ignorant statement I&#39;ve heard in my entire life.

Busyman
06-19-2003, 12:49 AM
Uhhh.... Scotchguy the reason I said you are biased is because it&#39;s painfully obvious you just don&#39;t like Microsoft. You bashed the Xbox&#39;s obvious great features it seems just because the Gamecube doesn&#39;t have them.

From Scotchguy:

Since when did power and graphics become such a big deal?

uuhhh since we went from Atari 2600 to NOW

I challenge you to name 10 games that are equal to or better than Halo. For some help check out the other great games made by "Bungie" gnop, minotaur, weekend warrior, abuse, pid, marathon trilogy, myth & myth 2, and oni. Wow what a selection I wish I could play these excellent games.

I don&#39;t think any of the those are for Xbox. And if they were, Halo is a separate game. The bias is kicking strong fella. You don&#39;t like a gamemaker so IF they make a good game to hell with them huh.

Now about the "bonehead move" of Nintendo not having DVD

How is that a bonehead move by Nintendo, I think it was quite smart. Because they didn&#39;t use DVD discs like everyone else they made it impossible to copy. Sure they could have added a DVD player, but what&#39;s the point when the console is made for gaming, not watching movies. They stuck to gaming.

Ok they stuck to gaming and once again like N64 used different media than what&#39;s widely accepted. And in the process missed an excellent feature and marketing strategy which right now is embraced by the masses. They may as well have used cartridges&#33;&#33;&#33;lol Your bias comes in because this was a CLEAR marketing blunder and to add to that they had to &#39;create&#39; a separate medium instead of a lower license for the better one.

Why don’t you just go out and buy a computer for Christ’s sake? That&#39;s what it is&#33; It&#39;s a low quality PC, if you know the slightest bit about PC&#39;s you&#39;d know that the technology used in the xbox is outdated, so why is it that Microsoft thinks that this is acceptable. Yeah dude, come on over to my house and you can check out my new 733 MHZ processor&#33; That wouldn’t attract anyone with some decent computer knowledge. Or how about that sweet 4x DVD Drive, wow what technology, how can they afford to put such great technology in such an awful system?

Too easy. Your ripping the SPECS of a system THAT&#39;S better than the one your&#39;re BALL HUGGING ;) . BIAS. It goes on.....

Well the answer is they cant, they&#39;re losing so much money from this monstrosity that if it was any other company they would have stopped development as soon as the idea had passed through someone’s head. Microsoft loses &#036;150 dollars for every xbox they sell, sounds like a good investment

EVERY SYSTEM lost money for each console sold. Even GC. There loss margin was smaller because they didn&#39;t have the extra technology but your beloved Nintendo lost money too. This is common practice unfortunately (losing money on the console) because you make it up with gaming licensing and publishing. That wasn&#39;t really biased it was true but conveniently left your system out.

xbox also has the worst theory I&#39;ve ever seen, hmmm lets put a bunch of crappy hardware into a huge box, that just by dropping will create tremors that can be picked up by seismographs in a 20 mile radius. The original idea behind the xbox was to create sturdy foundations for trailer parks, but they realized that this technology was too poor even to use among common slack jawed yokels. Something so large and such

Biased>no further comment needed

and from Xelotath

Scotchguy, that is one of the Best formulated arguements i have seen in a while. It is nce to know there is intelligent life that still plays consoles. unlike most of the drones that blindly follow without thinking for themselves

Ohhh he&#39;s intelligent because he tag teams with you giving Nintendo a NUT BUFF.
If he gave good review of PS2 or Xbox would you smack his ass then?

What&#39;s funny is I like all the systems one way or another.
PS2 I dislike as a SYSTEM but hell they have too many GREAT games. I wish they all were just straight ports to X but that&#39;s not gonna happen so I put in the most time with the PS2.
Gamecube I like for a SMALL number of great games. Yea they have good games but not THAT many.
EXCLUSIVES EXCLUSIVES EXCLUSIVES&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Any thing else is Xbox. That&#39;s where superior hardware comes in. Hopefully we can get the BEST GAMES ON THE BEST HARDWARE. I still play games on PC.

(also there are other great games besides exclusives)

DarkBlizzard
06-19-2003, 12:56 AM
DarkBlizzard: You just keep proving my point that all the xbox supporters care about is power and graphics and they couldn&#39;t care less about gameplay. Wow look at those sweet Halo2 screens, nice graphics. Who gives a shit how nice the graphics are, and that&#39;s really all the screens tell you. It&#39;s not like they outline how excellent the gameplay is with a couple of screens.

These games are good but have extremely nice graphics. I bet you that Halo 2 is going to get at least a 9.7 or 9.8. You can pretty much assume if the first game was that good then the 2nd one is going to be the best. And i did name at least 10 so stfu because ps2 is the worst game system out there. What makes gamecube different is all of its games are cartoons .....thats why they are on other game consles. If you ask a person at a gamestore like Gamestop they will tell you that gamecube was designed for the younger adunience while xbox and ps2 are made for the older audience. Gamecube is a little fun, yet i still like xbox the most. Ps2 is just flat out horrible. And i have a friend that doenst like halo because he just sucks at it. He never beats me or anyone else. Thats probably how you are. You just dont like halo because you suck at the game.

The review also stated "As you might expect, getting used to the controller is something that takes hours to accomplish." Does this look like xbox did a very good job with the controllers? It takes hours to get used to using the controller?? Strange if you ask me.

To start off its probably talking about the controller that was made for Steel Battlion. Its like Mech Assault but much much more advanced. Its for the few hardcore gamers that are out there. That is the reason it costs so much. Because its meant for only the best gamers. The controller for it is like the buttons in an airplane. There is a bunch of them. Probably over 200. If its talking about the normal xbox controller than all you do is buy a Controller S or one of the Mad Catz controllers. Its not that hard to get used to the Steel Battalion controller unless your a complete dumbass.

Champ
06-19-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by monkeyhead@17 June 2003 - 15:18
what u lot recommend a xbox or gamecube?
xbox- i had a ps2 then traded in for an xbox

Pros: internal memory large enough for all your saved games, you can put music onto it, the best online system, best games, dvd player, cd player

dont think game cube has ne of those pros

DarkBlizzard
06-19-2003, 01:21 AM
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Twist3r
06-19-2003, 02:28 AM
incase you wanted Xbox&#39;s specs

Xbox Specs

DirectX API game development tools

Intel Pentium III 733MHz processor technology with Streaming SIMD Extensions

300MHz custom-designed X-Chip, developed by Microsoft and nVidia

64 MB of RAM (unified memory architecture)

Custom 3-D audio processor

8GB hard drive

5X DVD drive with movie playback

Four game controller ports

Expansion port

Proprietary A/V connector

10/100 MBps Ethernet

Broadband enabled

Modem enabled (optional)

Key Performance Measures

6.4GB/sec Memory Bandwidth

150 million micropolygons/particles per second

150 million transformed and lit polygons per second

100 million polygons per second sustained performance (shading, texturing)

4 simultaneous textures

Compressed textures available at 6:1 compression

Full-scene anti-aliasing

DVD movie playback

1920x1080 maximum resolution

HDTV support

Special Audio Features

256 Audio channels

3-D Audio support

Midi/DLS2 support

AC3 encoded game audio

DarkBlizzard
06-19-2003, 02:32 AM
Yes but PS2 owners always say power and graphics dont matter but thats only because they dont have either one. They think its ONLY the gamesplay. Graphics are just as important as gameplay. Xbox beats ps2 in Gameplay, Graphics, Online , Memory, and more

Twist3r
06-19-2003, 02:37 AM
do any of you xbox fans play XBOX live?
if u do gimme a PM i play Midnight club 2 and unreal championchip

DarkBlizzard
06-19-2003, 02:41 AM
I sort of play it but i havent played since January. Im going to rent MC5 and some other Live games today...

( Ya i didnt feel like PMing anybody)

Xbox is the BEST
Gamecube is the most Odd
PS2 is the Worst

neilandtracy
06-19-2003, 03:01 AM
[SIZE=14]

XBOX ROCK&#39;S&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
THAT&#39;S ALL THERE IS TO IT&#33;&#33; :beerchug:

DarkBlizzard
06-19-2003, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by neilandtracy@18 June 2003 - 22:01

XBOX ROCK&#39;S&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
THAT&#39;S ALL THERE IS TO IT&#33;&#33; :beerchug:
You have to right At the end....

Like This

and yes xbox ROCKS

neilandtracy
06-19-2003, 03:15 AM
LOL thanks, probaly one too many of these :beerchug:

Xelotath
06-19-2003, 04:15 AM
I too like all 3 systems for one reason or another. Howver i lack the funds to purchase all 3. I chose the one that i knew i would get the most out of. I am not saying that the GC is the only good system, howwever too many pass it off as "childish" or "kiddy" when it is not so.

ScotchGuy
06-19-2003, 08:08 AM
First off, Xelotath, thanks you seem to be one of the few on this forum with some sense in them.

DarkBlizzard: "Yes but PS2 owners always say power and graphics dont matter but thats only because they dont have either one. They think its ONLY the gamesplay. Graphics are just as important as gameplay. Xbox beats ps2 in Gameplay, Graphics, Online , Memory, and more"

-What the fuck are you talking about? I don&#39;t think you could even begin to grasp the concept of this conversation. You&#39;ve seemed to wander through this argument totally oblivious to the statements I made. How does a system decide gameplay???? I don&#39;t often use more than one question mark but what you just said boggles the mind. It&#39;s the game you idiot&#33; Get it yet? Or should I continue to attempt to pound some sense into you? Hence the name "game" play, it&#39;s not consoleplay. The worst console in the world "xbox" could have the best gameplay in one of their games. Then what if the same game is released onto PS2, does xbox still have better gameplay in that game even though the gameplay is exactly the same? Nice one moron.

Neilandtracy: I like how you make blind statements without any information or statements to back them up. Good one, idiot.

Busyman: "Ok they stuck to gaming and once again like N64 used different media than what&#39;s widely accepted. And in the process missed an excellent feature and marketing strategy which right now is embraced by the masses."

Oh so now you apparently represent the masses. I never knew a DVD player in a console was so loved by everyone. Seriously, embraced? Who the fuck embraces a DVD player, you seem to have some real issues to work through if you&#39;re one of these people.

"That wasn&#39;t really biased it was true but conveniently left your system out."

Perhaps because I wasn&#39;t aware of such numbers. I knew Nintendo was losing money, but I doubt it compared to xbox only gaining 50 dollars for every console they sold.

"Ohhh he&#39;s intelligent because he tag teams with you giving Nintendo a NUT BUFF.
If he gave good review of PS2 or Xbox would you smack his ass then?"

Ohhh you&#39;re intelligent because you tag team with everyone except for Xelotath and I. And what the hell is a nut buff?

Twister: OK since the Hard Drive is only 8 GB how could you copy an entire game onto the hard drive, and why would M&#036; add this feature?

DarkBlizzard: I like how you didn&#39;t respond to the fact that you failed to name even 10 games, after you had boasted about 20. That&#39;s just pathetic.

Champ: "xbox- i had a ps2 then traded in for an xbox"

You&#39;re stupid.

Busyman
06-19-2003, 11:26 AM
[/QUOTE] Ohh now your calling names. I didn&#39;t smack the ass of anyone on this forum.

from Scotchguy

First off, Xelotath, thanks you seem to be one of the few on this forum with some sense in them.
Conveniently he just happens to like the GC the best.(which is no problem)

Oh so now you apparently represent the masses. I never knew a DVD player in a console was so loved by everyone. Seriously, embraced? Who the fuck embraces a DVD player, you seem to have some real issues to work through if you&#39;re one of these people.
Then check the facts. DVD players are loved by the masses (sorry to break it to ya). Unfortunately that&#39;s one of the reasons it&#39;s the clear #3 console (sales) in the world and some gamemakers and retailers are dropping it entirely.

Perhaps because I wasn&#39;t aware of such numbers. I knew Nintendo was losing money, but I doubt it compared to xbox only gaining 50 dollars for every console they sold.
Maybe you should be aware before leaving your beloved GC out of a problem that plagues ALL system manufacturers.

Man your so biased it&#39;s ridiculous, not because you loved the GC but because you trash the others for having better features. huh :blink: weird

oh and NUT BUFF MEANS YOUR POLISHING NINTENDO&#39;S NUTS :lol: :lol:

crazy_billy_bats
06-19-2003, 12:56 PM
I would say, simply, i would prefer an X Box over a nintendo, and ive always loved nintendo - x box looks shit but theres more better games for it, right?

randomguy
06-19-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@19 June 2003 - 12:56
I would say, simply, i would prefer an X Box over a nintendo, and ive always loved nintendo - x box looks shit but theres more better games for it, right?
Well... It depends on what kind of games you like. The great thing is that you are entitled to your opinion about that.

I think it&#39;s fairly stupid to hold any three of the main companies in uber-high regard. Nintendo, Microsoft & Sony don&#39;t want to be your friend. They want your cash and are all guilty (and have all been found guilty in a court of law) of ripping consumers off.

The fact is why should you give a toss about which console someone else likes? If you like it then that&#39;s all that matters. Non fanboys don&#39;t waste thier time spreading bile about consoles they don&#39;t own or haven&#39;t played, they waste thier time playing games ;)

So let&#39;s all just get along and get back on topic and help this guy buy an Xbox bundl.....I mean a Gamecube......uh I mean a Dream..... or a Gameboy Adv... :blink:

monkeyhead
06-19-2003, 03:07 PM
well put&#33; :P

Busyman
06-19-2003, 04:23 PM
Sorry folks people like Scotchguy are pure entertainment. I love hearing blowhards like him talk and they don&#39;t even have stock in these companies. Some are not even old enough to buy stock. I&#39;ve got stock in them and I still remain objective. I hope they fight until the MSRP stays &#036;30 a game. Nintendo as a company is doing great because of Pokemon and Game Boy (which is the best selling game system in history by the way).

monkeyhead
06-19-2003, 04:50 PM
yo peple i dont want wrld war 3 cant any 1 reccomend?

ScotchGuy
06-21-2003, 08:51 AM
Fucking shit are you kidding me? Everyone has given every form of opinion possible and you&#39;re still asking for recommendations? Maybe you need some explanation, when people say they like a certain console better that means they would probably recommend them, get it?

Busyman: You&#39;re right, on accident actually. What you said had some truth to it on a higher level.

"I love hearing blowhards like him talk and they don&#39;t even have stock in these companies"

See you acted like my opinion doesn&#39;t really count because I don&#39;t have stock in these companies, and sadly that&#39;s true, it doesn&#39;t count to the companies atleast. For the record, I don&#39;t even like GC, I prefer PS2, it&#39;s just that I hate Xbox.

monkeyhead
06-21-2003, 08:55 AM
look i started this post and all i wanted 2 no is there a gd bundle but no u still have fight bck sayin aload of rubbish.I gt the impression that the xbox is better(my opinon) and all i want 2 no is there a gd bundle?

Ad
06-21-2003, 09:37 AM
:sleeping: :sleeping:

jetje
06-21-2003, 12:32 PM
Well ..... There i so many threads on this already...

It&#39;s just like taste, flavor, or music style.....

One you like better then the other...&#33;

Personally i prefer my PC..... That&#39;s my taste.. flavor... style..
I think we better quit this discussion,... it&#39;s just your personal choice...&#33; >>>> . :teehee: