PDA

View Full Version : Torrentflux or utorrent on a server

dano24
07-04-2007, 02:30 PM
Hi ok i just want to see what you all think is the best to have for a seedbox.

torrentflux or utorrent?

i currently have torrentflux on a dedicated server and the speed that it pushes out seems to be crap and it just doesnt seemd to work how it should but torrentflux was easy to install(thats why i installed it)

what would you think is better to use.. should i stay with torrentflux or just bin the chit and install utorrent instead??

i have a leaseweb server dedicated(very good server)

Patriot foreve
07-04-2007, 02:33 PM
personally i have tried both torrentflux may get alittle bit more upload speeds but i prefer utorrent

dano24
07-04-2007, 02:40 PM
thanks for the reply...

Think its just bitornado thats on torrentflux that just doesn't seem to work like it should. Its alright downloading onto the torrentflux but it jut doesnt seem to like to seed iv done what was suggested regarding changing ports ect but still its a pile of crap.

i like utorrent myslef due to i use that as my bittorrent client on my computer plus its easy to use but my main question is will it be easy to operate on m,y server?

leoware
07-04-2007, 08:59 PM
I have doubt.

TorrentFlux you can seed partial file or you have download 100% so that you can seed normaly

KSA
07-05-2007, 06:19 AM
How is uTorrent is more harder to install than TorrentFlux !!
Are you working on Linux or Windows?

Can't we just install/uninstall any BT client on any server normally, or the installation method is different on dedicated servers?... sorry :P

TekknoN1
07-05-2007, 09:21 AM
Torrentflux is better than µtorrent
and a very great Client for Linux

Ev0
07-05-2007, 09:39 AM
For linux seedbox I prefer to use Torrentfluxb4rt (http://tf-b4rt.berlios.de/) over µtorrent

sperm
07-05-2007, 09:49 AM

i would agree if it had bittorrent protocol encryption builtin, but as it doesn't i would go for utorrent with encryption enabled.

it allows us who have shitty, bittorrent throttling isps to leech faster :w00t:

Ev0
07-05-2007, 01:08 PM

i would agree if it had bittorrent protocol encryption builtin, but as it doesn't i would go for utorrent with encryption enabled.

it allows us who have shitty, bittorrent throttling isps to leech faster :w00t:

Talking about seedboxes here not home connections:unsure:

RandomNewbie
07-05-2007, 01:14 PM
So far noone here has stated a reason for using one client over another (other than 1 poster who stated that TF doesn't use encryption). A reason why included with your statement would be much more beneficial to the original poster.

As far as my personal preference, I use Utorrent. It's much more lightweight than TF. Uses very little system resources. And with VPS, resources are much more important than a home system.

Also, Utorrents WebGUI is damn sexy. It's hard to beat that kind of remote management.

direstraits
07-05-2007, 01:52 PM
uTorrent. No doubt.

leoware
07-05-2007, 04:30 PM
I have doubt.

TorrentFlux you can seed partial file or you have download 100% so that you can seed normaly

Help.

seppypom
07-05-2007, 04:32 PM
I have doubt.

Help.

I don't think anyone thought that was a question!

leoware
07-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Help.

Impossible. TF does not do that ?

torrentt
07-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Help.

i agree

dano24
07-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Wow thank you for your replys :-).
whats the diffrence between torrentflux an torrentflux-b4rt?

The issue im having is that my torrentflux just doesnt like to seed.
its wicked at downloading onto it but its the seeding issue thats driving me nuts and the hole point me getting a seedbox is to seed to my users at great speed on what they download from it..
would i be best to use torrentflux-b4rt?

leoware
07-05-2007, 11:08 PM

i agree

Why ?

GrAfFiT
07-06-2007, 01:52 PM
Or for a lightweight and efficient solution : screen + rTorrent. Saves you from the whole X/VNC stuff.