PDA

View Full Version : Al Gore III busted for speeding/DUI with drugs in his car...

j2k4
07-04-2007, 09:15 PM
...but he was (at least) being environmentally responsible while doing so. :naughty:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/07/04/national/main3015809.shtml

clocker
07-05-2007, 01:18 AM
The real newsflash here is that a stoner had the energy to get in a car and speed.
Must have been out of Fig Newtons.

Edit:
j2, why does this merit a thread..."son of famous person fucks up and gets caught" is hardly a rare occurrence at all (at all).

bigboab
07-05-2007, 06:57 AM
The real newsflash here is that a stoner had the energy to get in a car and speed.
Must have been out of Fig Newtons.

Edit:
j2, why does this merit a thread..."son of famous person fucks up and gets caught" is hardly a rare occurrence at all (at all).

Sadly it is an early indication of Paranoia with regard to anything that discredits the Democratic party in any small way. I expect better from you Clocker, bringing this affliction to the attention of the rest of the board.:ph34r:

Wait a minute...:lol:

Skiz
07-05-2007, 07:21 AM
I beleive his daughter was arrested two days ago as well for DUI. :dabs:

bigboab
07-05-2007, 07:28 AM
I beleive his daughter was arrested two days ago as well for DUI. :dabs:

Kev's Daughter!:O

j2k4
07-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Must have been out of Fig Newtons...

...and on his way to buy some, of course.

ON, DAMN PRIUS!!

Edit:

True, as far as that goes, but to fuck up in a genuine Gore-approved hybrid enviro-friendly mechanical conveyance?

Surely this is a first. ;)

j2k4
07-05-2007, 09:39 AM
Sadly it is an early indication of Paranoia with regard to anything that discredits the Democratic party in any small way. I expect better from you Clocker, bringing this affliction to the attention of the rest of the board.:ph34r:

Wait a minute...:lol:

This as opposed to - wait a minute...:D

Busyman™
07-06-2007, 06:53 PM
...and on his way to buy some, of course.

ON, DAMN PRIUS!!

Edit:

True, as far as that goes, but to fuck up in a genuine Gore-approved hybrid enviro-friendly mechanical conveyance?

Surely this is a first. ;)

:lol::lol:

Everyday@420
07-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Hope he gets help, if he genuinely needs it. I don't agree with most US Marijuana laws, having said that he got caught with an awful lot of pills too which indicates a possible addiction issue.

Other than that, big deal. This happens plenty of times a day to hundreds of lesser knowns.

j2k4
07-07-2007, 01:33 AM
Hope he gets help, if he genuinely needs it. I don't agree with most US Marijuana laws, having said that he got caught with an awful lot of pills too which indicates a possible addiction issue.

Other than that, big deal. This happens plenty of times a day to hundreds of lesser knowns.

You're not from around here, are you?

Everyday@420
07-07-2007, 05:16 AM

Boy speeds in car. Boy smokes pot. Boy gets busted. Pretty common no matter where you live.

lynx
07-07-2007, 07:29 AM
Pwned by a noob. :lol:

j2k4
07-07-2007, 09:51 AM

Boy speeds in car. Boy smokes pot. Boy gets busted. Pretty common no matter where you live.

Not what I meant. :noes:

j2k4
07-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Pwned by a noob. :lol:

Owned all by yourself, actually. ;)

thewizeard
07-07-2007, 03:13 PM
...but he was (at least) being environmentally responsible while doing so. :naughty:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/07/04/national/main3015809.shtml

..Right ....which was why he was in a rush ..to cut down all the worlds rain forests and replace them with Hemp (Haze)... Everyone knows that hemp consumes more CO2 per square yard than stupid old rain forests and would quickly have solved the World's global warming problems allowing China to become the most powerful nation on this planet! If he had not been stopped in his tracks.

Everyday@420
07-07-2007, 09:27 PM

I'll start by revealing to you that I'm not a mind reader by profession (surprise) and since these are the forums for serious debate, would you be so kind as to expand on the point you are making?

My point - since according to the FBI uniform crime statistics a marijuana smoker gets arrested every 40 seconds in the USA and a speeder gets busted every 2 seconds in the USA --- either offense is pretty f'in common. Secondary point, Americans go gaga over celebrity news. Seems to me the infatuation with Paris, Lindsey, and Al Gore III might just be overshadowing the real issues - so lets talk about the real issue (what is it again? C21H30O2, Speeding, or prescription drugs....)

j2k4
07-07-2007, 10:21 PM

I'll start by revealing to you that I'm not a mind reader by profession (surprise) and since these are the forums for serious debate, would you be so kind as to expand on the point you are making?

My point - since according to the FBI uniform crime statistics a marijuana smoker gets arrested every 40 seconds in the USA and a speeder gets busted every 2 seconds in the USA --- either offense is pretty f'in common. Secondary point, Americans go gaga over celebrity news. Seems to me the infatuation with Paris, Lindsey, and Al Gore III might just be overshadowing the real issues - so lets talk about the real issue (what is it again? C21H30O2, Speeding, or prescription drugs....)

Well, first of all, whether what we do in here qualifies as debate is itself debatable.

While we try to be serious, there occasionally (more often that, actually) presents a story or issue offering a chance for banter; the fact that Al Gore III chose to get buzzed and drive around with his drug collection is just such an opportunity.

His daddy is a big-wig who procured for his son a Toyota Prius for purposes of performance-testing (100 mph!), and sonny reported for duty fully-equipped, as was his wont.

Now - do you see the slightest bit of irony here?

Humor?

Anything at all?

Everyday@420
07-08-2007, 05:08 AM

Humor?

Anything at all?

Irony? Not sure I see any irony in Al Gore III getting busted for speeding and possessing drugs. Its not like a Prius is a P.O.S. car. It may be a hybrid, but still has some ballz to it. And well Gore III does have priors when it comes to the mary jane. Irony is something like the anti gay-marriage crusading Rev Ted Haggard getting caught doing meth and getting a "massage" from a male prostitute on the eve of an important gay-marriage referendum in Colorado.

Humor? Yes. I have to say, I did find it humorous that several articles made mention in the headline of Gore III getting busted in a Prius. I interpreted that to mean - "Well he may have been busted, but at least it was in an eco-friendly car. Daddy might be upset, but he can't be that upset if it was in a Prius." I also find it humorous that it seems when anyone notable does anything wrong (Gore III included) the public relations response is tell us he (or she) is going into rehab. I guess rehab is supposed to make us feel some sympathy for a person that just did a stupid thing. Me, when I hear someone tell me this, it tells me they are likely to do the stupid thing again.

Oh yeh, Haggard went into rehab too. And yes, I think he'll be smoking pole again soon too.

thewizeard
07-08-2007, 06:43 AM
Anyway it's disgusting..really bad quality grass too..

He was probably grassed by Bush.

j2k4
07-08-2007, 08:01 PM

Humor?

Anything at all?

Irony? Not sure I see any irony in Al Gore III getting busted for speeding and possessing drugs. Its not like a Prius is a P.O.S. car. It may be a hybrid, but still has some ballz to it. And well Gore III does have priors when it comes to the mary jane. Irony is something like the anti gay-marriage crusading Rev Ted Haggard getting caught doing meth and getting a "massage" from a male prostitute on the eve of an important gay-marriage referendum in Colorado.

Humor? Yes. I have to say, I did find it humorous that several articles made mention in the headline of Gore III getting busted in a Prius. I interpreted that to mean - "Well he may have been busted, but at least it was in an eco-friendly car. Daddy might be upset, but he can't be that upset if it was in a Prius." I also find it humorous that it seems when anyone notable does anything wrong (Gore III included) the public relations response is tell us he (or she) is going into rehab. I guess rehab is supposed to make us feel some sympathy for a person that just did a stupid thing. Me, when I hear someone tell me this, it tells me they are likely to do the stupid thing again.

Oh yeh, Haggard went into rehab too. And yes, I think he'll be smoking pole again soon too.

Well, then.

If you "got" the humor aspect, good for you - I had no higher hope or expectation.

I agree with your apparent view of rehab as a panacea for whatever ails the rich and famous (think reputation, not addiction).

These people are giving Betty Ford a bad name.

BTW-

Haggard is no more or less hypocritical than the rest; they all deserve public eclipse, which the media will regretfully not allow. :dry: