PDA

View Full Version : What Program Would You Reccommend

Spindulik
06-18-2003, 12:30 AM
What program would you reccommend for making a TRI_FOLD brochure?
I need to make a brochure. WORD is okay, but it looks too computer-like, no matter what you do. Can't get image backgrounds with WORD.

Is Microsoft Publisher a good program for what I need? I hope so, I am downloading it now.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks :)

ultimatejester
06-18-2003, 01:01 AM
Microsoft Publisher is pretty good. i hope u like it

Sibre
06-18-2003, 05:46 PM
Adobe Pagemaker probably has the most features...Version 7.0 is the latest

Illuminati
06-18-2003, 05:51 PM
Macromedia Freehand MX - I swear by it. But I'd only recommend it for those who are fed up with Microsoft Publisher and want something more.

echidna
06-18-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Sibre@19 June 2003 - 03:46
pagemaker is the entry level adobe pagination app [framemaker is the full blown thang :: and it's the only product that handles footnotes]
InDesign is the new product on the block from adobe, InDesign is very good :: you can make a book with InDesign [no footnotes though]
[the industry standard is quark :: but don't worry about trying to learn quark for one brochure]
if it's just one sheet of paper folded twice, i'd use adobe illustrator [very similar to MM freehand]
both illustrator and free hand are quite dense applications which take a bit of getting used to, but it's worth it

M$ publisher will probably get you a result :: and likely in the most GUI wizard way, but the other apps mentioned will give you much greater scope for flexibility and expansion

Sibre
06-19-2003, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by echidna+19 June 2003 - 00:39--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (echidna @ 19 June 2003 - 00:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sibre@19 June 2003 - 03:46
pagemaker is the entry level adobe pagination app [framemaker is the full blown thang :: and it&#39;s the only product that handles footnotes]
InDesign is the new product on the block from adobe, InDesign is very good :: you can make a book with InDesign [no footnotes though]
[the industry standard is quark :: but don&#39;t worry about trying to learn quark for one brochure]
if it&#39;s just one sheet of paper folded twice, i&#39;d use adobe illustrator [very similar to MM freehand]
both illustrator and free hand are quite dense applications which take a bit of getting used to, but it&#39;s worth it

M&#036; publisher will probably get you a result :: and likely in the most GUI wizard way, but the other apps mentioned will give you much greater scope for flexibility and expansion [/b][/quote]
hey, thanks for the correction...I have always thought that pagemaker was one of the best. I will have to give the others a try. Thanks a Lot&#33;&#33;