PDA

View Full Version : OiNK help

biba
07-07-2007, 05:49 AM
I was banned from OiNK for such a stupid reason, and as you all know the staff wouldn't take any explanation... Anyway, I've just recently been invited back and registered onto a different IP, but would like to use the OiNK tracker using this (banned) IP.

I can't change my IP since I would need to ask my ISP to change it (which I already did but they didn't want to). I heard that on TorrentLeech you could register onto a different IP then download torrents on the banned IP. I was wondering if you could still login and download from the tracker using this (banned) IP?

Skiz
07-07-2007, 05:54 AM
What type of internet connection do you have?

ceasar
07-07-2007, 05:59 AM
Good question, I know one guy who manage to handle it that way :)
Not sure about his connection, though. It must be cable or DSL.
What the diference, Skizo?

Elladara
07-07-2007, 06:01 AM
is it dynamic or static? if its static you need to change your host with diffrent name in the begin
if its dynamic just disconnect/connect on the modem/router

biba
07-07-2007, 06:02 AM
What type of internet connection do you have?

It's a fixed wireless. Meaning, I get my connection from a wireless server wherein other users around this area also get their connection from, so ideally it's like a network and we all have the same IP... or something to that effect.

Skiz
07-07-2007, 06:03 AM
Good question, I know one guys who manage to handle it that way :)
Not sure about his connection, though. I t must be cable or DSL.
What the diference, Skizo?

He's saying he can't change his IP address, but he certainly should be able to.

I don't know of any configuration that you cannot change it on.

If all else fails, just unplug you modem overnight. That usually does the trick.

ceasar
07-07-2007, 06:04 AM
So, you just phukked up the whole network, huh? :lol:
Any oink users coming to your birthday? :)

biba
07-07-2007, 06:05 AM
If all else fails, just unplug you modem overnight. That usually does the trick.

I've already tried doing that twice... didn't work though. ):

So, you just phukked up the whole network, huh? :lol:
Any oink users coming to your birthday? :)

Most likely. But I don't think anyone in this network uses OiNK.

necromantic
07-07-2007, 06:09 AM
Try changing your mac address or the mac of the router

ceasar
07-07-2007, 06:10 AM

I'm just curious for the future, 'cause oink admins ain't shit. I have DSL and router and the IP changes almost every time, but only 2 last numbers from 4 separated by dots. Is it a change for real or they can ban the whole range?
Here's example:
Let's say 2 IP's are:
ans it's switches between them.

Skiz
07-07-2007, 06:17 AM

I'm just curious for the future, 'cause oink admins ain't shit. I have DSL and router and the IP changes almost every time, but only 2 last numbers from 4 separated by dots. Is it a change for real or they can ban the whole range?
Here's example:
Let's say 2 IP's are:
ans it's switches between them.

It's doubtful that they are banning entire ranges every time a user is banned. All of the bans which are caused by a user cheating, are done automatically with a script they run. If they were eliminating entire ranges, their client base would deplete rather quickly.

On the other hand, we have seen them do entire invite tree bans which result in literally hundreds of banned accounts with the click off a mouse, so I wouldn't put anything past them.

mbucari1
07-07-2007, 06:25 AM
Try changing your mac address or the mac of the routerMAC has no bearing. Sites don't look at it.

biba
07-07-2007, 06:28 AM
Um, okay... as some of you know that I lost my previous account on here because they thought that I was trying to trade an account (but I was actually trying to trade for an invite, but they wouldn't listen). Would they disable the entire invite tree of the user who invited me? Because I never really cheated or anything, or did anything for the hell of it!

How does banning IP's usually work? I know that they blacklist IP's so users are automatically blocked when they try to register with the banned IP, but are they going to be able to detect the IP you are using when you login and use the tracker?

Oh, and, could you login using a proxy server?

ceasar
07-07-2007, 06:34 AM
the user who invited you can be put on black list from future invites given.

Broka
07-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Changing MAC does have a meaning. If you change MAC add of the ethernet card that connects directly to the modem and if you reboot your pc and reboot the modem then you have like 90% chances to change your ip.
Changing your router (if you have one) MAC might also work, but i cant tell for sure, since i havent tried to do that.
If that doesnt work, try doing this:

win key + R
write cmd
in command line write: ipconfig /release (after this you usually have to wait a while, in my case, 'bout 20min)
then write: ipconfig /renew
All set. It should have a new ip.

When you use ipconfig /renew, all network adapters on the computer that uses DHCP (except those that are manually configured) try to contact a DHCP server and renew their existing configuration or obtain a new configuration.
You can also use the ipconfig command with the /release option to immediately release the current DHCP configuration for a host.

Hope it helps.

poliser
07-07-2007, 12:53 PM
well ask again the ISP to change your ip if they don't want ask why
if it won't do start shouting :D
shouts allways helps

knio
07-07-2007, 01:02 PM
shit happens mate

j0hn
07-07-2007, 03:45 PM
not everyone has a dynamic i.p
if u have a static i.p, ur fucked. it doesnt change, period. all the above solutions wont help at all.
and trackers dont associate with mac addresses at all.

oink is real good at cheat detection, and i understand some of the techniques they use to ban are very smart. like if u login to the site with an unbanned i.p, then use ur banned i.p by mistake, the account gets disabled, and all i.p's that used it get banned.

and the tracker/site are linked, so if an i.p is banned on the site, its banned on the tracker.

WhoopDeDoo
07-07-2007, 05:50 PM
if u have a static i.p, ur fucked. it doesnt change, period. all the above solutions wont help at all.

oink is real good at cheat detection, and i understand some of the techniques they use to ban are very smart. like if u login to the site with an unbanned i.p, then use ur banned i.p by mistake, the account gets disabled, and all i.p's that used it get banned.

and the tracker/site are linked, so if an i.p is banned on the site, its banned on the tracker.
I have a static IP, unplugging my modem over night however allows me to change it, that's the only way. So you're wrong in that sense. The rest of your post... Well barely has anything to do with what the guy's talking about so meh.

OP, try leaving everything unplugged for 12 hours straight, I have a feeling you did something wrong.

necromantic
07-07-2007, 06:00 PM

John you're clueless

Anyways, changing the mac is the easiest and fastest way to change your IP with a cable modem. I haven't tested it with DSL or wireless though. I pull up the router, change a few numbers and hit save. The router reboots and I instantly have a new IP. No need to power down the PC router or the modem.

Try it if you don't believe me

ilw
07-07-2007, 11:35 PM
actually john appears to know exactly what he's talking about and everything he said was relevant.

If it is a static IP then it won't change, period. Static IPs are desired because you can do routing, dns and various other stuff easily, the IP never changes unless you get your ISP to change it, thats the point of getting a static IP.
Dynamic IPs change from time to time (but usually only when you disconnect from your ISP as changing your IP causes connections to be lost) so leaving your modem unplugged overnight would probably do it and if the people above are correct apparently changing your mac address will do it too. The tracker doesn't care (or know) about your mac address, it will only care about the ip address.

Saying that the site and tracker are linked and that banned ips are tracked and coordinated with unbanned ones was i think directed at biba's suggestion of getting torrents with another ip and then connecting to the tracker with the banned address and the bottom line was that it won't work...

fstrulz
07-08-2007, 08:41 AM
Start -> Run -> cmd -> ipconfig /release -> ipconfig /renew

For that to work, your computer must be connected (through ethernet or USB) to your modem.

necromantic
07-08-2007, 09:23 AM
How to Change your Static IP Address (http://forums.livingwithstyle.com/showthread.php?t=184750)

raspberry1331
07-08-2007, 09:31 AM
Changing your MAC can work. Just change it, tell your ISP that you had to buy a new PC/wireless card/router, and they should reassign an IP for you, at least it works like this with my ISP.

How to Change your Static IP Address (http://forums.livingwithstyle.com/showthread.php?t=184750)

famous45
07-08-2007, 10:25 AM
I use a prog. called MacMakeup to quickly change or spoof the mac address of my Ethernet card, unplug my modem for a minute or so, plug it back in, do ipconfig/release, ipconfig/renew and can get a new IP address every time. This is the only thing that has ever worked for me. Unplugging my modem for any length of time never changes my IP address on my cable modem setup.

Night0wl
07-08-2007, 12:19 PM
I have a static IP, unplugging my modem over night however allows me to change it, that's the only way. So you're wrong in that sense. The rest of your post... Well barely has anything to do with what the guy's talking about so meh.

OP, try leaving everything unplugged for 12 hours straight, I have a feeling you did something wrong.

Please define static IP. I assure you yours isn't one.

necromantic
07-08-2007, 12:36 PM
I'm guessing everybody is getting hung up on whether they have a static or dynamic ip (myself included). It looks like the average user who connects through DHCP will have a dynamic IP even if the IP doesn't change more than once a year. To get a static IP you would normally have to pay more for a business class connection or a server.

What is a static IP/dynamic IP address (http://searchvb.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid8_gci520967,00.html)

lynx
07-09-2007, 09:13 AM
If you have a true static IP unplugging the modem or changing it's MAC address will not change the IP. The whole point about a static IP is that it doesn't change. If it did, it wouldn't be static. :rolleyes:

In that case, the only way you can get a different IP is to ask your ISP to change it, and there may be a charge for doing that.

With a dynamic IP you could have zero lease time. You only have to switch the modem off for a few minutes to change it.

The alternative that some people see is a dynamic IP with a long lease time. In that situation you could change the MAC and you would get a new IP, or you could disconnect and wait until the lease time had expired AND hope that the IP has been allocated to someone else.