PDA

View Full Version : Firefox copy & paste problem

Skiz
07-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Does anyone else have a problem with the copy shortcut (Ctrl+C) in Firefox?

I'm currently using 2.0.0.4.

The shortcut seems to have a mind of its own. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I don't ever remember this happening for the longest time, but in the past month or two, it happens almost constantly. I'll go to paste something I thought I just copied, but I end up pasting something else I copied previously, then I have to go back and try it again. It's annoying as can be. :dry:

Anyone else have this problem? Know what's causing it? How to fix it?

SaveFerris
07-07-2007, 09:54 AM
Heh, I've thought I've experienced this a few times, I've always put it down to human error.

Chewie
07-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Use IE :P

tesco
07-07-2007, 04:05 PM
I think I have that problem once in a while too.
But in all programs all around windows.
The biggest annoyance is with MSN Messenger.
Also with the command prompt in 2000/xp/vista.

Skiz
07-07-2007, 04:21 PM

It's too blurry.

fstrulz
07-08-2007, 08:11 AM
I had the same situation before. I just uninstalled the add-ons/extensions that I didn't use to let my FF "breathe" and all my shortcuts went back to normal.

KevinGarnet
07-10-2007, 01:39 PM
yes this problem is very bad for ff (firefox).. i have it now.. like someone said that problem is in the extensions.. and really it is true..

Barbarossa
07-10-2007, 02:22 PM

It's too blurry.

Turn off "Always use ClearType for HTML" in advanced settings - multimedia. :whistling

Anyway, with regards to your original point, I used to get this ages ago, but it seems to have gone away recently. :idunno:

Possibly it's due to extensions, try and remove some you don't use much, and see if it fixes it.

Skiz
07-10-2007, 02:32 PM
It's too blurry.

Turn off "Always use ClearType for HTML" in advanced settings - multimedia. :whistling

Anyway, with regards to your original point, I used to get this ages ago, but it seems to have gone away recently. :idunno:

Possibly it's due to extensions, try and remove some you don't use much, and see if it fixes it.

Not a bad idea. I'll try turning one off per day or so and see if anything happens.

As for IE being blurry, I have tried all the usual fixes that Google points me to, but alas I could not resolve the problem. Even made a post about it right when IE7 came out. That's when it started.

I'm sure you remember when I was "Hater of the Firefox". I loved IE6 and would probably still use it if I weren't driven away by its horrible successor.

Misplaced menus, buttons moved from one side of the screen to the other, a blurry screen that I was never able to fix. Meh, I'm better off without it. :snooty:

I'll post back if any breakthroughs on the C&P thingy.

jpExposure
07-12-2007, 08:21 PM
I use firefox also, but on my MAC. I had the same problem with the CMD C button. I thought I was crazy. Glad to see that i am not the only one.

sert
07-19-2007, 12:41 PM

Not a bad idea. I'll try turning one off per day or so and see if anything happens.

As for IE being blurry, I have tried all the usual fixes that Google points me to, but alas I could not resolve the problem. Even made a post about it right when IE7 came out. That's when it started.

I'm sure you remember when I was "Hater of the Firefox". I loved IE6 and would probably still use it if I weren't driven away by its horrible successor.

Misplaced menus, buttons moved from one side of the screen to the other, a blurry screen that I was never able to fix. Meh, I'm better off without it. :snooty:

I'll post back if any breakthroughs on the C&P thingy.

click start>run then type

firefox -safe-mode

see if the problem remains (which shouldn't)

Skiz
07-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Who can bother to do that every time I open a window tho'?

Nice to know, anyhow. ;)

sert
07-19-2007, 03:41 PM
If you see that in safe mode the ctrl+c works as it should then you know that one extension is causing the problem, you don't have to launch firefox in safe mode everytime.