PDA

View Full Version : How to identify partial seeders?

ceasar
07-07-2007, 11:21 AM
Is there any way you can find out how many people on the torrent are partial seeders?
I mean the situation in general an on ScT in particular.

And the second question:
Where should I expect better seeding speed on torrent with:
1) 1 seeder/ 17 leechers
2) 2 seeder/ 14 leechers
3) 2 seeder/ 17 leechers
4) 3 seeder/ 8 leechers
5) 3 seeder/ 16 leechers

Thanks for the help :)

Skiz
07-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Is there any way you can find out how many people on the torrent are partial seeders?
Thanks for the help :)

The leechers are partial seeders. If you don't have 100% of all pieces, you aren't a seed.

EDIT:

They may not be currently sharing all the torrent at once either...they may have all the torrent. It's due to how super-seeding works.

This is a real problem and WILL foul up most automated torrent queuing systems...as they will think there's peers on multiple torrents where there's really only super-seeds/initial seeds.

Super-seeds report themselves to the tracker as seeds when using utorrent. They lie to other clients.

Alien5
07-07-2007, 11:45 AM
i would say the answer to question 2 is...the max speed you download at depends on the uploaders & seeds total upload speed & where you download your torrents from also makes a huge difference to the download speed.

Skiz
07-07-2007, 11:47 AM
i would say the answer to question 2 is...the max speed you download at depends on the uploaders & seeds total upload speed & from where you download your torrents from makes a huge difference in the speed.

Generally speaking though, #4 would be the fastest.

It has the most seeders and the fewest leechers in which to divide that speed.

RainRoofer
07-07-2007, 01:25 PM

You can't see it for sure cuz TBSource doesn't have that feature, yet.Maybe someone coded it but none of the popular tracker doesn't have it.
You need to rely on your intuition.
If torrent is very old, big, or pack most likely good ammount of leechers are doing partial seeding.

Gish
07-07-2007, 03:10 PM
yeah I was downloading a 3 DVD movie pack with only 7 seeders. I bet most seeders on that torrent where on partial seeders meaning uploading one or two movies. any pack you download like movies/ 0-day-appz etc are bound to have only partal seeders.

RainRoofer
07-08-2007, 04:02 AM
I bet most seeders on that torrent where on partial seeders meaning uploading one or two movies.
Seeder = peer who has complete file! so he can't be partial seeder.
Partial seeder is who downloads only some part of torrent and seeds them back, and he's listed under leechers not seeder cuz he doesn't have 100% of file.