PDA

View Full Version : Leeware HELP!!

davesmith123
07-07-2007, 09:26 PM
I've just set up my leeware box using the tutorial on this site but i can't connect to it by ftp plz could someone help

Damien06660
07-07-2007, 09:52 PM
you need to keep the ssh tunnel open as per the tutorial, then connect via sftp

at least thats what I had to do, try it out

RandomNewbie
07-07-2007, 11:18 PM
What FTP client are you using?? What error message are you getting?? Are you sure you set it up as an SFTP site??

Off topic... it kills me when people say 'help' but don't provide any details at all :angry:

davesmith123
07-08-2007, 01:57 AM
I've tried cuteftp flashfxp and wsftp how do i set it up as an sftp site

Thanks for your time and sorry for not giving details im a leeware virgin

What FTP client are you using?? What error message are you getting?? Are you sure you set it up as an SFTP site??

Off topic... it kills me when people say 'help' but don't provide any details at all :angry:

Loris
07-08-2007, 04:02 AM
use wsftp and select ssh\sftp in the wizard

RandomNewbie
07-08-2007, 08:29 AM

Thanks for your time and sorry for not giving details im a leeware virgin

FlashFXP does not support SFTP so that's ruled out.
With CuteFTP, bring up the site manager, hit the drop down on New and select 'SFTP/SSH2'. Put in your account details....

Address: vpsXXXX.leeware.com OR the IP of your box
Username: root
Password: the root password that was in the Welcome e-mail from Lee
Click the 'Type' tab and make sure the protocol type is 'SFTP using SSH2' and make sure the port is set to 22

That should get it... let me know if you're getting an error message besides that

davesmith123
07-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Thanks everyone i've got it working using WS FTP.I hope people with the same problem can do the same.:D