PDA

View Full Version : Sell Used Computer Equip

fakiefakes
07-08-2007, 12:19 AM
I was just curious what you all do with your spare, old and or unused computer equipment. Are there any trading sites solely for PC components?

lynx
07-08-2007, 12:23 AM
Tried Ebay?

fakiefakes
07-08-2007, 12:35 AM
Yeah thats what was going to be my end solution. Its unfortunate that Newegg.com got rid of their trade in program, was looking forward to purchasing new equipment in conjunction with getting rid of the old stuff.

peat moss
07-08-2007, 12:36 AM
You don't have a garage to store all your old goodies ? :lol: One of these days I'll clean out the old crap . Anyone one need EDO ram ? :whistling

fakiefakes
07-08-2007, 12:41 AM
:yup: LOL, I agree, storage closet fill with some really dated junk. That EDO ram might come in handy, was thinking of upgrading an old clunker I've got in there.

peat moss
07-08-2007, 01:03 AM
Its funny what people throw away , my father in-law drives for a living in the mean streets of Vancouver and brings me all the computers that stores are throwing away . Was going to tell him not to bring me anymore but found some gems like two identical Capaq's , Celron 2.5 one with 512 mb ddr and the other had a 200 gb WD hdd and Ati 9700 pro , both had Dvd R 's .

Needless to say I told him to keep bringing me the garbage ? :happy:

fakiefakes
07-08-2007, 01:12 AM
Those are some great finds. Especially the pricey video card. So kinda off topic but, was thinking of RMA my board back (sata port problems), what do you think the chances are me getting it back without other problems. Really am hoping it doesn't come back with more problems.

peat moss
07-08-2007, 01:24 AM
I don't see why not , your the "customer" what make and model ? Off topic no,its your thread bud .:01:

mikeco
07-10-2007, 03:30 PM
i just shove mine all in the wardobe.

got 4 keyboards, shit loads of cables and USB devices, an old 17" TFT that still works, 2800+ AMD PC that still works. hmm i should really sell them both to someone, not gunna use them again...

digmen1
07-10-2007, 09:57 PM
With the price of new stuff being so low (China etc) I find it is very hard to sell old stuff, especially as everyone is upgrading their PCs all the time so the old stuff, Ram etc is not compatible.

I had a ,lot of old cable and they have one dollar reserves on an internet web sale site and no one bids for them !

Regards

Digby
NZ

S!X
07-10-2007, 10:12 PM
I've been trying to sell this brand new OCZ GameXStream 850W psu that i got back from RMA some time ago, it's unopened but it seems like no one wants it! So it'll just sit here and collect more dust :)

shosh
07-11-2007, 04:36 AM
you should keep your old components since they really dont sell at all. its not good to get used pc parts. you should build a pc in a shoe box or something crazy.

zapjb
07-11-2007, 10:38 AM
craigslist

Colt Seevers
07-14-2007, 12:37 AM
I love building PC's from all the old bits left over from previous upgrades, either give them away, or just for messing about. :D But yes you do end up with lots of junk - I keep meaning to sort it all out...

peat moss
07-14-2007, 01:47 AM
Its funny, friends that had no interest in a computer a few years ago are now asking for a used one or two for the family . Think Dad just keeps getting kicked off by the wife and kids as all he wants is his poker , e-mail and pron . :O

Why not just keep one as a back up or test machine , build a server ? Or try an old version of Unix on it , you know one that you kept saying you wanted to try . :) Or donate to a school one of the faster ones you have , you'd probably have to wipe clean as they frown on the cracked software . :whistling

Snee
07-15-2007, 07:11 PM
Some I keep intact. It's good to have at least one in reserve if my main one breaks down. Also saved a couple of classics.

What I can't keep running I pick apart, some parts I save since it's always good to have a few spares if something breaks and I have to switch bits around till I find what's broken, others I put into computers belonging to relatives, mostly.

My last option would be to give to a charity, I know of at least one around here that puts machines together for kids with cancer. As far as I know they take almost anything I can spare, you don't need much to put something together that can run stuff like MSN (so they can keep in contact with their friends).