PDA

View Full Version : SCC vs FTN

TekknoN1
07-08-2007, 09:25 PM
Hi

Can someone tell me which tracker (Ftn or SCC) is better ?

and why is this tracker better?

i have a great line ( 100mbs) so i dont need this freeleech torrents on ftn.

its very important for me that the tracker have lots of torrents , lots of leecher and seeder , and very high speeds

i know scc is very young and not so famous like ftn but i think scc is my favourite tracker , because they have very great pretimes, high speeds and more...

but all people would be a member on ftn ? why?? what is on ftn so great ? better pretimes than scc or what? scc has pretimes between 10sec -1min :P

please help meee :pinch:

Demigod
07-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Umm. Are you sure you don't mean ScT vs. FTN?

I mean, SCC is great but I don't think their pretimes are between 10 sec - 1 min.

TekknoN1
07-08-2007, 09:32 PM
no i mean scc

ok pretimes until 30minutes ^^

jam0980tr
07-08-2007, 09:37 PM
SCC is up there wiv the best thats all i can say 1sct 2scc 3ftn scc is betta than ftn by new stuff pretime. ftn is only good at packs

WHRST
07-08-2007, 09:40 PM
SCC is pretty good but I prefer ftn pretimes mean nothing to me except on tv shows. Though i have had 4 acc @scc and can never stay active so i will probably not even try signing up again.

poliser
07-08-2007, 09:59 PM
w000ttt? ofcourse FTN?!

fstrulz
07-08-2007, 10:02 PM
Can someone please tell me what SCC's user limit is or how many members they currently have?

Thanks.

jLS0wcO3
07-08-2007, 10:06 PM
sure thing fsftrulz.

Brandon
07-08-2007, 10:07 PM
some sites pretimes can be a bit tweaked, just fyi ;)

Shalafi
07-08-2007, 10:07 PM
Registered users12,916 / 13,000

Demigod
07-08-2007, 10:08 PM

I've always wondered about that. Does all trackers get their pretimes from the same server?

GaleaNatur
07-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Can someone please tell me what SCC's user limit is or how many members they currently have?

Thanks.

Registered users 12,918 / 13,000

I've always wondered about that. Does all trackers get their pretimes from the same server?

i think no,not sure though....

TekknoN1
07-08-2007, 10:21 PM
SCC is up there wiv the best thats all i can say 1sct 2scc 3ftn scc is betta than ftn by new stuff pretime. ftn is only good at packs

yes i think so ,too

i think ftn is not so good maybe for free leech or their packs and sometimes pretimes.

i think ftn need more torrents and more user :huh:

fstrulz
07-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Registered users12,916 / 13,000

The smaller the userbase the better. I'm pretty sure it's a great site now and I also heard that SCC has the best pretimes.

I had it before when it first came out but gave it away.

TekknoN1
07-08-2007, 10:25 PM
The smaller the userbase the better.

hmm why ?

GaleaNatur
07-08-2007, 10:28 PM

hmm why ?

maybe he speaks about rarity

fstrulz
07-08-2007, 10:28 PM

hmm why ?

For security reasons... I know that there's no safe tracker, but every little security counts.

TekknoN1
07-08-2007, 10:30 PM
hmm yes thats right but few user -> few leecher & seeder and this is silly

GaleaNatur
07-08-2007, 10:33 PM
hmm yes thats right but few user -> few leecher & seeder and this is silly

nah that's not true...SCC has great speeds and also SCT...has 15,000 userlimit and has the best speeds....and as i have heard FTN also has great speeds with very small user limit

Shadowfire
07-08-2007, 10:36 PM
How many torrents does SCC have now?

Last time I was there, they had just a low couple hundred, and I prefer trackers with bigger selections. Thus I like FTN more, especially with its packs and freebies. I can't really care about a couple minutes' difference in pretime. And isn't SCC still open signups? I like a bit more security than that.

eLucid
07-08-2007, 10:44 PM
SCC is great. I use SCC and SCT the most, with hdbits for hd movies, and sometimes torrentleech for older stuff. I know that their pre times are sometimes slightly off, but they are generally accurate, and they are definitely better than any other tracker. The speeds seem to have picked up greatly on SCC with the userbase increasing, and the 0day/music releases are unmatched as far as I know.

Edit: SCC has over 4500 torrents now

TekknoN1
07-08-2007, 10:46 PM
scc have 2000 torrents atm

saulin
07-08-2007, 11:02 PM
2000? make sure you also count the mp3/0day stuff

nadeem111as
07-08-2007, 11:04 PM
scc good but ftn have a lot of packs

Sawyer2020
07-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Torrents4,518
that on scc I have probs with this tracker
i never keep my account active there
I think its something wrong to ask pple login every week

TekknoN1
07-08-2007, 11:17 PM
ah sorry for my mistake

Brandon
07-08-2007, 11:40 PM
All trackers do not use the same predb. Actually, it's very simple to make the tracker subtract a few seconds from the true pretime after each torrent is uploaded. Don't always judge all sites pretimes to be true ;)

Also, don't always judge a site by the amount of torrents they have. It's up to the person coding the site to decide how often torrents are purged.

limpdickkid
07-08-2007, 11:42 PM
SCC have very good speeds, both pre-times and bandwidth wise, imo. My 24mbit connection always maxes out. So for me it's really good. And it's quite easy to seed back there too. I have gotten torrents there really late, maybe even two or three days after release and still managed to seed back easily. And they have recently been getting a lot of packs, which are particularly easy to seed back. so yeah worth having I guess.

pandapop
07-08-2007, 11:50 PM
SCC has had open signups for far too long :( ...id feel the same kind of safety as uploading RIAA & MPAA executives bank account details onto TPB, while at the same time emailing my ip address and a list of everything ive ever 'stolen' from the internet to the police, along with a map drawn in ms. paint of how to get to my house from the police station avoiding all the traffic hotspots and the local hedgehog crossing point.

Shadowfire
07-09-2007, 12:34 AM
All trackers do not use the same predb. Actually, it's very simple to make the tracker subtract a few seconds from the true pretime after each torrent is uploaded. Don't always judge all sites pretimes to be true http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/wink.gif

See, the fact that the people are able to compare the pre-times mean that the file is already on multiple trackers. So if your fav tracker upped it 30 seconds after another tracker doesn't do you much good at this point.

Also, don't always judge a site by the amount of torrents they have. It's up to the person coding the site to decide how often torrents are purged.

True, but more torrents = more choosing power right off the bat.

eLucid
07-09-2007, 12:45 AM
All trackers do not use the same predb. Actually, it's very simple to make the tracker subtract a few seconds from the true pretime after each torrent is uploaded. Don't always judge all sites pretimes to be true ;)
Very true, but I've actually sat and watched torrents come up first on SCC, and there isn't really any denying that.

Now the number of torrents is down to 4400, meaning that they just pruned 100 in the last hour or so. So, yes, it looks like they do actively prune torrents.

dawsonkm
07-09-2007, 01:01 AM
I don't have either sct or ftn. scc is good for me because i was actually able to get in. speed is excellent on new torrents

MrVictorRivers
07-09-2007, 01:23 AM
SCC has had open signups for far too long :( ...id feel the same kind of safety as uploading RIAA & MPAA executives bank account details onto TPB, while at the same time emailing my ip address and a list of everything ive ever 'stolen' from the internet to the police, along with a map drawn in ms. paint of how to get to my house from the police station avoiding all the traffic hotspots and the local hedgehog crossing point.

agreed. open signup is a little worrisome...hmmm....maybe i should cancel my scc account also.....hmmm...never really thought of it like that....but then, on the other hand, on ftn, its never seems like anyone leeches anything....relatively speaking....the most #of snatches i ever see on a regular basis per torrent is about 20. hard to manage your ratio....if you are not careful...

although....maybe things will be better once i master the rss feed....i almost got into a shitload of trouble when i first started using the rss feed..

jam0980tr
07-09-2007, 01:35 AM

and u saying that its not just scc every torrent site out there is not safe just a lil misstake and far as u know they can be watching any site as a member
thats why i dont trust no 1 out there two invite yeh that gos 4 fst aswell what happens if you invite a RIAA & MPAA and you traded with them and you did not know about it ?

Brandon
07-09-2007, 03:02 AM
whoa, I wasn't saying in any way that scc was doing either of the above in my post... in fact I know 2 staff members there very closely and think highly of it (except the p2l part). I was just throwing the fact out there lol. No need to reply to either of my posts above.

Superkiller
07-09-2007, 03:10 AM
FTn is good but every high level and hard to get
SCC open sign ups and faster then other high levels

Roark
07-09-2007, 03:22 AM
One of the best measures of a site I have come across is the Peer:User ratio. SCC's was 1.5 to 1 last I checked, which isn't bad, but nothing special either.

And SCC's prebot is notoriously laggy, which is responsible for at least some of their good pretimes.

If you ask me, they are ridiculously overhyped. Even aside from FTN, CT has much faster pre's much more consistently, a wider selection of 0day (admittedly they die faster at CT), a helpful staff who do not prune you every week (though they do tend to beg for money a lot), no wait times, and an IRC bonus.

NIB
07-09-2007, 03:31 AM
Scc is p2l. Ftn is not. So ftn ftw, especially if you have a fast connection. Unless you are a sucker and you want other people to earn money by exploiting your connection.

Brandon
07-09-2007, 03:32 AM
IMO, you should really pick the one you feel has the best community feel..

FTN will always be my choice b/c it's pretty much my home.
Don't always judge a site b/c of it's torrents, be somehwere you enjoy being at.

Ac3Dunk
07-09-2007, 03:47 AM
Scc is a pay2leech(pay2scum) i don't give a shit about it , doesnt worth to be mentioned in a filesharing community, bc the staff members are rud and they think they are elitist, i read a Chalisto post he said i rather see a site die than turned to Pay2scum, after 2 week Scc has turned to Pay2scum and he said he will handing warning and disable account if you comment against w scam system, they hav the worst staff around.
Never pay for File Sharing!
I rather use emule or XDcc then use scumaccess.
If i hav money to pay4GIGS i will rather pay for slots in a race site wich is much better and i wouldn't care abt my ratio anymore.
Well FTN also has Zep if you disagree with him wait for your account to be disabled or maybe if he was in a good mood he will suspend your inv or post privelage :lol:

jam0980tr
07-09-2007, 04:00 AM
but anyway nices read that is true most site pay2l and i do understand what you all saying.

Brandon
07-09-2007, 04:06 AM
Chalisto is a good guy. He has all of my respect, and I talk to him on almost a daily basis. He's still very much against p2l, and is still disgusted about the fact that it turned into that catagory of a site.. He even voted against it. But his words to me on the issue, and I respect him for them and agree.. "what was I supposed to do? Everyone else was for it, there was nothing I could do but accept what was going to happen. Yes, I could leave.. but what good would that do?"

I agree that the site dropped a lot in respect b/c of the decision, but as I've said b4, one staff (or a few staff's) actions don't always account for everyone's.

Regarding zephyr, that's not entirely true. Both myself and the other sysop watch which accounts get disabled and will not allow them to be disabled without good cause. Invite and post privileges are the same.

If you feel you were disabled for reasons that are unfair, nobody is stopping you from contacting me.

Roark
07-09-2007, 04:22 AM
I have to second what was said about zephyr, he really kills the mood in what is otherwise one of the friendliest communities I'm a part of. I'm fairly active on IRC, but I just avoid the channel when I see he's on.

I did once PM kimii when I was re-warned by him for an HnR (coincidentally after an argument with him on IRC) after she had removed an HnR warning for the same torrent. She didn't bother replying.

Can't agree about chalisto either. Leaving would show he's not a part of that crackpot scheme. Even if that's not reason enough to leave, he should have when they started spamming emails stolen from ScT's database.

Brandon
07-09-2007, 04:48 AM
I have to second what was said about zephyr, he really kills the mood in what is otherwise one of the friendliest communities I'm a part of. I'm fairly active on IRC, but I just avoid the channel when I see he's on.

I did once PM kimii when I was re-warned by him for an HnR (coincidentally after an argument with him on IRC) after she had removed an HnR warning for the same torrent. She didn't bother replying.

Can't agree about chalisto either. Leaving would show he's not a part of that crackpot scheme. Even if that's not reason enough to leave, he should have when they started spamming emails stolen from ScT's database.

He's under a lot of stress. Not enough to justify his actions, but he really is a good guy when he's in a good mood. kimii prob didnt reply b/c of either the amount of PM's she got (all 3 sysops got a ton, i get even more now that she's gone) or the fact that another staffer overrided her actions, which would have really pissed me off personally. It's probably my fault she didn't reply b/c of the lack of time I've had, and I wasn't around to back her up. btw, it wasn't Chalisto who sent out those emails, he just took the fall b/c his reputation was already ruined. I know that for a fact b/c I know who did it.

burtz
07-09-2007, 04:50 AM
SCC's content is great but i hope there were more seeders at the MP3/0day section. :(

Ac3Dunk
07-09-2007, 05:16 AM
Well Zlo and you, you are very kind specialy Zlo (i neva talked to you) but Zlo has help me many times ;), abt Zep i know Many members such as me how avoid him when he is on in IRC, if he log i prefer to shutup than start talking bc Zep may complain abt my username or whats im talking abt, sometimes he got nervous and he start flaming and treating badly other members :( .

My bad luck i delete all logs of FTN chan i can show you proof next time thats he need to change his way when he treat other members

Read this post in FTN forum

Brandon
07-09-2007, 05:28 AM
Well Zlo and you, you are very kind specialy Zlo (i neva talked to you) but Zlo has help me many times ;), abt Zep i know Many members such as me how avoid him when he is on in IRC, if he log i prefer to shutup than start talking bc Zep may complain abt my username or whats im talking abt, sometimes he got nervous and he start flaming and treating badly other members :( .

My bad luck i delete all logs of FTN chan i can show you proof next time thats he need to change his way when he treat other members

Read this post in FTN forum

Zlo is a good guy, we both try to be open minded and as kind as we can be. If any staff member ever does anything you feel is unacceptable you should always pm the sysops showing us what happened so we can take action. With that being said, lets not go too far off topic, i feel bad changing what the original poster intended this thread to be.

eLucid
07-09-2007, 05:43 AM
whoa, I wasn't saying in any way that scc was doing either of the above in my post... in fact I know 2 staff members there very closely and think highly of it (except the p2l part). I was just throwing the fact out there lol. No need to reply to either of my posts above.

Heh, I know you weren't. But it seems kind of biased when you enter a x vs y thread and you're the admin of x. Anyway, I'm sure both sites are great :D By the way, are you willing to say who it was that sent out the email if it wasn't Chalisto? That is something that has always bothered me.

For anyone worrying about the security of open signups, they are thinking about shutting off signups at 15000 users, so it might not be a problem for too long. CT has fast pretimes but not quite as good as SCC from what I've seen, and they have 0 seeders for minutes afterwards sometimes. I'm not sure what the problem with p2l is. I know that just because almost every site does it, it doesn't make it right, but they have to get the server money somehow. Just because they are p2l doesn't mean you are forced to fork out the cash. How are other people earning money by exploiting your connection? I simply contribute bandwidth and receive content in the form of releases. It's up to other people what they decide to do with their money.

Brandon
07-09-2007, 06:09 AM
Heh, I know you weren't. But it seems kind of biased when you enter a x vs y thread and you're the admin of x. Anyway, I'm sure both sites are great :D By the way, are you willing to say who it was that sent out the email if it wasn't Chalisto? That is something that has always bothered me.

I know, that's why I clarified my position :P
Trust me i'd love to say who it really was who said it since Chalisto is a good friend of mine and i hate people thinking he's anything less than a good person.. But I feel it's not my place speak for him or the person who actually did it. He felt compelled enough to destroy his reputation for another, I can't be the one to step in the way of his wishes. :mellow: I'm also not ready to make a new enemy :P All I can say is it wasn't Chalisto who did it. Really really wish I could say more.

edit: wow that does seem pretty biased now that I think about it lol. scc is a good site, both are. You should really get on both and see which one fits you best. Most of the time both (as with any two in comparison) will have some things the other won't :)

Idanp
07-09-2007, 06:40 AM
in my opinion SCT is the best tracker

RainRoofer
07-09-2007, 07:09 AM
SCT staff attends to be just like Oink's.I don't like em to much cuz of that, who knows who can get angry at you and ban you for no reason, that's why I don't participate at their forums and irc.

JA
07-09-2007, 07:23 AM
SCT staff attends to be just like Oink's.I don't like em to much cuz of that, who knows who can get angry at you and ban you for no reason, that's why I don't participate at their forums and irc.
Some ScT staff listen (iYoda) some dont cough..cough..

But OiNK by far are horrible. :frusty:

Ontopic: Id say FTN since i havent been at SCC all that long.

eLucid
07-09-2007, 07:28 AM
Trust me i'd love to say who it really was who said it since Chalisto is a good friend of mine and i hate people thinking he's anything less than a good person.. But I feel it's not my place speak for him or the person who actually did it. He felt compelled enough to destroy his reputation for another, I can't be the one to step in the way of his wishes. :mellow: I'm also not ready to make a new enemy :P All I can say is it wasn't Chalisto who did it. Really really wish I could say more.

Okay, fair enough. I completely understand. It was an admin though right?

balajik
07-09-2007, 07:52 AM
Hi

Can someone tell me which tracker (Ftn or SCC) is better ?

In the WIAW thread, according to your favorite tracker critic.....SCC's rating is 7 and FTN's rating is 10, based on Content and Speed and Pre-Times...............

Brandon
07-09-2007, 08:12 AM
removed

Ignore me i'm special...

eLucid
07-09-2007, 08:26 AM
In the WIAW thread, according to your favorite tracker critic.....SCC's rating is 7 and FTN's rating is 10, based on Content and Speed and Pre-Times...............

SCC should be more like a 9.

Rattlesnake
07-09-2007, 08:43 AM
ok guys i get everything
but can u plz send me the links to SCC and ftn and also their full forms
like sct is for scenetorrents so FTN is for ....and SCC is for ... and also the link to both the sites

Rattlesnake
07-09-2007, 08:43 AM
ok guys i get everything
but can u plz send me the links to SCC and ftn and also their full forms
like sct is for scenetorrents so FTN is for ....and SCC is for ... and also the link to both the sites

limpdickkid
07-09-2007, 08:51 AM
there's no point in knowing the address for FTN, as you cant sign-up. But SCC is http://www.skeenaccess.org just replace the "k" with a "c". It turns up as ***** if I type in the actual address. :)

RainRoofer
07-09-2007, 09:38 AM
Some ScT staff listen (iYoda) some dont cough..cough..

But OiNK by far are horrible. :frusty:

Ontopic: Id say FTN since i havent been at SCC all that long.
Yeah, iYoda is probably the best guy there.

removed

Ignore me i'm special...
:whistling wonder what was writted before edit :D

Roark
07-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the reply Brandon; your influence is definitely the reason FTN is such a friendly place. And don't worry, it's a rare thread around here that finishes talking about the same topic it started. :P

ScT may ban the odd noob, but there's no reason to insult them by comparing them to oink! I think you worry too much, I've seen traders, leechers get second chances there, cheaters given the benefit of the doubt, and their forum has multiple threads with people accusing staff of keeping donations over and over: these people would at minimum lose their posting rights anywhere else*. Well maybe you don't worry <i>too</i> much, come to think of it, being a mod here probably is reason enough for Feeling to ban you :P

*That's one thing that's great about their forums, it's rare an interesting thread gets locked and trashed, and practically nothing is deleted or edited away.

TekknoN1
07-09-2007, 11:45 AM
i think i should build my own opinion , i ask in one month for one ftn invite , maybe i have luck.

thanks all for help

but scc is one of the best tracker i think but they should close the sign up by 20.000 user and then only invite

TekknoN1

PoOki
07-09-2007, 12:46 PM
SCC = sc*n*a*c*s*?

TekknoN1
07-09-2007, 01:46 PM
SCC = sc*n*a*c*s*?

yes

Brandon
07-09-2007, 04:06 PM
removed

Ignore me i'm special...

:whistling

Thanks for the reply Brandon; your influence is definitely the reason FTN is such a friendly place. And don't worry, it's a rare thread around here that finishes talking about the same topic it started. :P
My pleasure. But I rather believe that it's users such as yourself that make the site, not the staff ;) I just help train the strays when they get out of line :happy:

eLucid
07-10-2007, 01:05 AM

:whistling

Must be a conspiracy, hehe :D

znik
07-10-2007, 08:15 AM
F*n is my favorite tracker.

They never used pay2leech or pay2invite policies, community is very friendly, speeds are faaaast, exclusive packs awesome, and most important, security is one of the best since it is a small and very difficult to be invited tracker.

If you need 1000leechers you may join TL or some public tracker and you may rest assured that your IP will be visible to anyone.

I donated to the tracker because I loved it and not because I would gain some GBytes or some other cheap rewards...

gygz
07-10-2007, 12:03 PM
I download from FTN with one or two seeders with my max speed!
FTN the best all the time guys :)
SCC with big userbase , but still not much leechers and seeders
and the packs in FTN , Fantastic!

and sure I donated and of course I would love to donate more and more
Znik , just like what you said ;)

Nestea
07-10-2007, 01:15 PM
SCC has the best pre-times.
:)

KevinGarnet
07-10-2007, 03:06 PM
SCC vs FTN? i think there is no what to compare.. FTN is a lot of times better than SCC.. in my opinion..

Elladara
07-10-2007, 03:10 PM
ftn never been there but as far i heard things is with wicked speeds with wicked packs anything comes out and pre ofc. its not p2l so its the best tracker out there
SCC is just what ever new comes out is there with average pre and p2l.

so dont versus god my friend ^^

i hope im not wrong but its my opinion right?;)

pone44
07-10-2007, 04:41 PM
Cant speak for either but f*n is highly recommended so-?

Chalisto
08-08-2007, 11:11 PM
/me huggles Brandon <3

Dr_Green_Thumb
08-09-2007, 12:38 AM
It blows my mind the hate for P2L (which is not even the correct term for it) it's an incentive to donate. All trackers rely on donations some just choose to give a bonus for doing it, how is that wrong? I donate simply because I want to help my favorite trackers that bring me blazing fast releases everyday and a place to interact with like minded people. If Joe Blow donates because he can't or doesn't seed enough and he donates for gigs, then has he not given back in an even better way? Some might say speeds suffer because of this. Well I have not visited any trackers lately that were slowing down, they all seem to be fast already or getting fastter.

waterloo
08-09-2007, 02:57 AM
I'd compare, but heck....never gettin into FTN in this life atleast and SCC seems to be down as well.....ahh, the life. :P

EDIT: Hmm, site finally opened, but it's crawling...btw, chronic tracker has prettydecent pre times too. Been using it a alot lately.

Brandon
08-09-2007, 03:52 AM
/me huggles Brandon <3

Hey buddy :wub:
<3

th0r
08-09-2007, 04:01 AM
are we going to start comparing every tracker to ftn now? we should compare ftn to itself, ftn verses ftn!

symphonyx
08-09-2007, 05:06 AM
Umm. Are you sure you don't mean ScT vs. FTN?

I mean, SCC is great but I don't think their pretimes are between 10 sec - 1 min.

They are not far from that actually most of the torrents are uploaded less then 3 mins after pre.

Never been into FTN, but all I can say is that SCC is THE best tracker i've been in. Super fast speed and pre-times, awesome community. It's THE place to be

deuce6000
08-09-2007, 05:11 AM
Ftn is the safest tracker around which in my mind makes it the best.Always get max speeds and great people how can it get any better.

th0r
08-09-2007, 05:17 AM
more female users would be nice

LiMuBai
08-09-2007, 05:23 AM
I dont understand the "safe" argument. FTN invites maybe rare but they're not impossible to get. If authorities or whoever want to get in, they can buy their way in with invites. I'm sure there are plenty of users who would part with their invites for the right price. There's a price for everything and it wouldn't take them long to join the community if they wanted. Just being realistic.

Brandon
08-09-2007, 05:28 AM
Safe probably as in "low target".
Pay2Leech (which is seen as profiting from other peoples work in MPAA/RIAA eyes)/large user base are usually big targets for legal action.

th0r
08-09-2007, 05:46 AM
oh hey brandon

AugustoP
08-09-2007, 05:55 AM
So many FTNers here, I'm so envious %)
SCC doesnt have all the categories therefore it can't be the only 0day tracker some one will use. Also, IRC channel is dead, cause there's no community there. But it's very good for an average user without Xbox 360.

deuce6000
08-09-2007, 06:58 AM
Pay2Leech (which is seen as profiting from other peoples work in MPAA/RIAA eyes)/large user base are usually big targets for legal action.

That's exactly what i meant.

The other dude is basically saying that torrentspy is just as safe as any other tracker which is absolutely wrong.

AugustoP
08-09-2007, 07:03 AM

The other dude is basically saying that torrentspy is just as safe as any other tracker which is absolutely wrong.

With a million users at piratebay chances are MPAA won't notice you.

th0r
08-09-2007, 07:06 AM
depends on how active of a download and/or uploader you are

AugustoP
08-09-2007, 07:15 AM

afaik, they don't go for the "top pirates" at the trackers, they just terrorize random people they can get they're hands on.

deuce6000
08-09-2007, 07:48 AM

afaik, they don't go for the "top pirates" at the trackers, they just terrorize random people they can get they're hands on.

Yeah i think that's the way it is too.

LiMuBai
08-09-2007, 02:38 PM

With a million users at piratebay chances are MPAA won't notice you.

im not comparing torrentspy to ftn but one private tracker like scc or sct to ftn. since ppl said ftn is better because its safer

beat
08-09-2007, 02:45 PM
There's no point in comparing SCC to FTN.

ModEnigma
09-01-2007, 03:09 AM
It is like comparing a donkey with a Ferrari lol
Sure Ftn is far away the vest community non Pay to leech non pay to invite what else do you want?

fantasyx72
09-01-2007, 03:19 AM
Scc All Day

AugustoP
09-01-2007, 04:06 AM
SCC lacks some sections completely, so it's worse than TL in terms of content.

mini-me
09-01-2007, 05:06 AM
FTN is probaly best but SCC is still alrite IMO.

Necronomicon
09-01-2007, 09:15 AM
There is a bright future ahead of SCC.

pro267
09-01-2007, 10:13 AM
What a stupid, stupid discussion.
What's the point of this thread, anyway?

BLaZiN
09-01-2007, 12:29 PM
removed

Ignore me i'm special...

Listen man im special to :whistling next time i require an invite give me one :naughty:

Seriosuly tho its a hard pick between the two but i do find myself using scc alot more then i do ftn mainly for the speeds and the pre-times its very easy to seed back, half the time by the time ive finished downloading ive already seeded back which aint to shabby. All in all id say scc :)

_coder_
09-01-2007, 02:01 PM
SCC's content is really bad when it comes for old files in general even tho i dont have FTN I would think FTN may be better in terms of older files since they have been here much longer then SCC. However SCC does have potential to be a very good tracker in the future.

Giallorosso
09-01-2007, 02:11 PM
scc i think

Torrent_Geek
09-01-2007, 02:21 PM
SCC have better pre-times, FTN has better retention and better speed overall

zagor
09-01-2007, 02:31 PM
SCC is the best!

Torrent_Geek
09-01-2007, 02:49 PM
SCC is the best!

why?

fstemon
09-01-2007, 03:22 PM
SCC is the best!

why?

Because he doesn't have FTN! :)I don't have FTN either, so I won't comment which of the two trackers is the best one. But SCC is very good.

salkku
09-01-2007, 03:53 PM

Thanks.

Registered users 13,991 / 14,000

zagor
09-01-2007, 04:21 PM
SCC is the best!

why?

Faster

why?

Because he doesn't have FTN! :)I don't have FTN either, so I won't comment which of the two trackers is the best one. But SCC is very good.

I am USING FTN dode :)

It is not my account but I am using it! I can not tell more than that ;)

whiteboy
09-01-2007, 04:48 PM
FTN is not as great as people make it out to be. But its pretimes are very close to SCC, I think its the second fastest. SCT FTW, nah maybe TL!!!!!

beat
09-01-2007, 05:01 PM

It is not my account but I am using it!

Brandon come check this out :happy:

fstemon
09-01-2007, 05:05 PM

Go cry to your mama instead!

limpdickkid
09-01-2007, 05:08 PM
FTN is not as great as people make it out to be. But its pretimes are very close to SCC, I think its the second fastest. SCT FTW, nah maybe TL!!!!!

http://image.bayimg.com/dagceaabj.jpg

When it comes to pre-times ScT isnt all that great. Its pre-times are mostly >5min. But content-wise its better than any tracker I'm on. So I cant say anything about FTN but compared to SCC ScT isnt that great, pre-times wise ofcourse.

Why cant you just let people enjoy the small battles that they do win in life. Life is hard enough as it is w/o others making it any less enjoyable.

_coder_
09-01-2007, 05:21 PM

You love kissing his ass dont you? :yup:

zagor
09-01-2007, 05:33 PM

You love kissing his ass dont you? :yup:

Yes he does :) and maybe he is looking for something more! :angry:

beat
09-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Yup I'm looking for you to get banned for sharing an account.

fstemon
09-01-2007, 06:34 PM

People like you are the scum of the earth.

sense
09-01-2007, 06:40 PM
I have both, I actually joined SCC just to see what the hoopla was all about. Well FTN does indeed have faster pre-times most of the time. SCC's is tweaked by several minutes, for one thing their clock is off by several minutes. If you have FTN, just test them side by side. For those of you that want to believe SCC has "THE" fastest pre-times ever, more power to you. I just know what I have seen with "MY OWN EYES". :whistling

fstemon
09-01-2007, 08:23 PM
I have both, I actually joined SCC just to see what the hoopla was all about. Well FTN does indeed have faster pre-times most of the time. SCC's is tweaked by several minutes, for one thing their clock is off by several minutes. If you have FTN, just test them side by side. For those of you that want to believe SCC has &quot;THE&quot; fastest pre-times ever, more power to you. I just know what I have seen with &quot;MY OWN EYES&quot;. :whistling

Their clock is off by ~30 secs according to this page: http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/cgi-bin/timer.pl

Kyl3KK
09-01-2007, 10:59 PM
I have both, I actually joined SCC just to see what the hoopla was all about. Well FTN does indeed have faster pre-times most of the time. SCC's is tweaked by several minutes, for one thing their clock is off by several minutes. If you have FTN, just test them side by side. For those of you that want to believe SCC has "THE" fastest pre-times ever, more power to you. I just know what I have seen with "MY OWN EYES". :whistlingCan you please provide an example?

Chalisto
09-02-2007, 12:20 AM
What have you been smoking? How can PreTimes depend on the server clock? We have 900 more wins then ANY site, and we will not stop. Just because we literally crush every site on 0sec/day material doesn't mean we cheat. Just because your shitty site uses 100MBIT transfers doesn't mean we are that slow. Next time you open your mouth think about it, not once, but twice. We are going to expand our categories soon, so just wait and see.

edit: If in doubt, please check #Tracers / #TRchat at irc.p2pirc.org. We are currently listed as #1 ;)

sokratis87
09-02-2007, 03:34 AM
ftn of course...

sense
09-02-2007, 03:45 AM
What have you been smoking? How can PreTimes depend on the server clock? We have 900 more wins then ANY site, and we will not stop. Just because we literally crush every site on 0sec/day material doesn't mean we cheat. Just because your shitty site uses 100MBIT transfers doesn't mean we are that slow. Next time you open your mouth think about it, not once, but twice. We are going to expand our categories soon, so just wait and see.

edit: If in doubt, please check #Tracers / #TRchat at irc.p2pirc.org. We are currently listed as #1 ;)

Was this directed towards me? First off I don't run a site, so check your glasses, unless you are calling FTN a shitty site? Second, I never said the server clock depended on the pretime. I just brought it up so people would check the torrent added date/time + server time to get an idea when comparing to other sites. Many times people just look at the listed pretime, a lot of pre db's have different times, so it's not highly accurate. I go by what I can actually load into my client from irc. Anyways good luck with the site, it does have fast pretimes but it is a bit overblown. Personally, I just don't feel very secure on the site. To me community+security is above everything else. Please understand, I am not trying to make scc look bad or anything. So, best of luck to you and SCC in the future. :)

Can you please provide an example?

FTN:

Death.Proof.UNRATED.DVDR-Replica (Uploaded 13m, 54s after pre.) on the site @ 2007-08-31 around 22:29:27 EST
Death.Proof.DVDRip.XviD-DMT (Uploaded 5m, 9s after pre.) on the site @ 2007-08-30 around 12:14:08 EST

SCC:

Death.Proof.UNRATED.DVDR-Replica (pretime not found) on the site @ 2007-09-01 around 22:26:06 EST
Death.Proof.DVDRip.XviD-DMT (Uploaded 3h 55m, 46s after pre) on the site @ 2007-08-30 16:54:34 EST

If more examples are needed please look them up yourself.

Sylar666
09-02-2007, 04:05 AM
No need to dispute or overkill each other...both sides are amazing, M8s! Nice 2 c U, Chalisto!

alish
09-02-2007, 05:45 AM
umm i think ftn by far

fstemon
09-02-2007, 06:07 AM
Can you please provide an example?

FTN:

Death.Proof.UNRATED.DVDR-Replica (Uploaded 13m, 54s after pre.) on the site @ 2007-08-31 around 22:29:27 EST
Death.Proof.DVDRip.XviD-DMT (Uploaded 5m, 9s after pre.) on the site @ 2007-08-30 around 12:14:08 EST

SCC:

Death.Proof.UNRATED.DVDR-Replica (pretime not found) on the site @ 2007-09-01 around 22:26:06 EST
Death.Proof.DVDRip.XviD-DMT (Uploaded 3h 55m, 46s after pre) on the site @ 2007-08-30 16:54:34 EST

First of all, Death.Proof.UNRATED.DVDR-Replica was not uploaded @ 10PM yesterday. I assume you made a mistake there.

Second of all, "pretime not found" doesn't mean anything except that they found no pretime in their database at the time the torrent was uploaded.

Third of all, you can't just compare a few select torrents and claim one tracker better than the other. I can then easily show evidence that the pirate bay has much better pretimes than FTN.

We are going to expand our categories soon, so just wait and see.

That's good to hear! More console games! :)

or_linik
09-02-2007, 07:27 AM

Thanks.

Shalafi, I think your wrong:

well, SCC corrently have 13,980 users (their limit is 14,000)

copied from SCC homepage:

Registered users13,980 / 14,000

BTW I'm new here(=

have a nice day

Brandon
09-02-2007, 07:29 AM

FTN isn't on TR sexy boy <3

Just imagine if FTN was p2l and had all that money to spend on servers and such :O
Too bad we'll never be :)

zagor
09-02-2007, 07:58 AM

Just imagine if FTN was p2l and had all that money to spend on servers and such :O

Keep crying for p2l son...

NO ONE force us to pay!

It is clear that every time we take about SCC you have nothing to say except p2l and open sign up!

Are they destroying your career?

fstemon
09-02-2007, 08:17 AM

NO ONE force us to pay!

It is clear that every time we take about SCC you have nothing to say except p2l and open sign up!

I think you're right! :)

Brandon, stop crying like a little baby. Your tracker is popular because it's hard to get an invite. You just beat SCC because SCC has open sign ups. Don't flame other competitors please. It just makes you look like a loser.

Brandon
09-02-2007, 08:17 AM

NO ONE force us to pay!

:ermm: You made another SCC fanboy post in the FTN leech acct thread.. I'm being realistic here, scc is what it is b/c they get a lot of money through p2l. Like I said in the other thread, SCC is my second home b/c I have good friends there. Chally is an awesome guy. I'm not trashing SCC in any way, I'm just being honest. I'll say it again, you're only making yourself look foolish by posts like that :(

NO ONE force us to pay!

Brandon, stop crying like a little baby. Your tracker is popular because it's hard to get an invite. You just beat SCC because SCC has open sign ups. Don't flame other competitors please. It just makes you look like a loser.

Hm... How did I flame again? Idiot #2.
Let me say this again b/c you're obviously not getting it.
I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST SCC IN ANY WAY. <3 SCC! Chally FTW!!!!

btw, I hope neither of you have FTN accts. If you do, please enjoy them while you can because I don't like people who make stupid comments who have no idea what they're talking about. Although I doubt either of you do ;)

Skiz
09-02-2007, 08:31 AM
btw, I hope neither of you have FTN accts. If you do, please enjoy them while you can because I don't like people who make stupid comments who have no idea what they're talking about. Although I doubt either of you do ;)

He doesn't. I could give a shit how hard your tracker is to get in to. I love the speeds. :happy:

Brandon
09-02-2007, 08:34 AM

He doesn't. I could give a shit how hard your tracker is to get in to. I love the speeds. :happy:

I know he doesn't :P
Hi skizzy <3

Flash360
09-02-2007, 08:50 AM
If both of you hide your e-penis and show me both of your sites I'll be glad to give non-biased opinion.

This kind of flames are no good to no one.

sense
09-02-2007, 08:54 AM
First of all, Death.Proof.UNRATED.DVDR-Replica was not uploaded @ 10PM yesterday. I assume you made a mistake there.

Second of all, "pretime not found" doesn't mean anything except that they found no pretime in their database at the time the torrent was uploaded.

Third of all, you can't just compare a few select torrents and claim one tracker better than the other. I can then easily show evidence that the pirate bay has much better pretimes than FTN.

First off yes it was uploaded late, my eyes do not lie. No mistake.

http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/9416/sccqy9.jpg

Second, I made no mention of how "pretime not found" is defined etc. All I did is copy and paste, your point? Thanks for defining something I already knew.

Third, exactly my point. You win some you lose some. Yes, SCC and FTN have fast pretimes, that is a fact. Now to say SCC is hands down the king when it comes to pretimes, I call BS. If there is a slight edge, I say it is FTN.

So for that last time, I am not dissing SCC, it is a nice tracker but it's not the greatest thing since sliced bread people.

fstemon
09-02-2007, 08:57 AM

Check again. It wasn't uploaded @ 10PM like you wrote. So yes, you made a mistake, and yes your eyes lied. :lol:

@Brandon: I don't have an FTN account. You can IP ban me from your site now so I don't accidentally get one in the future! :)

Brandon
09-02-2007, 09:04 AM
@Brandon: I don't have an FTN account. You can IP ban me from your site now so I don't accidentally get one in the future! :)

Sorry, I'm not an asshole. To each his own man, if you like scc stick to it ;) Just make sure you show Chalisto some love.

vizouk
09-02-2007, 09:29 AM
best pre in scc but, i can download more fast in sct or tl maybe bcz are more seeders in my opiniao.

FTN i dont have to say if is good or no.

AugustoP
09-02-2007, 10:43 AM
2Chalisto & Brandon
Do you REALLY take pride in having 20 sec faster pre-time?

JA
09-02-2007, 10:48 AM
2Chalisto & Brandon
Of course!

You should watch 60 seconds...

no_more_tears
09-02-2007, 10:54 AM
SCC is a great 0day tracker with in most cases the best pretimes.I don't have FTN (but looking for it) and i can't compare this two but if you have SCC you don't need anything else.

Brandon
09-02-2007, 11:00 AM
2Chalisto & Brandon
Of course!

You should watch 60 seconds...

I could care less :lol:

_coder_
09-02-2007, 11:54 AM
I have SCC but dont have FTN. By the looks of this tthread hey both seem to have the same pre-times however the speeds i get when downloading at SCC are not that great. Is that the same at FTN?

zagor
09-02-2007, 01:21 PM
I have SCC but dont have FTN. By the looks of this tthread hey both seem to have the same pre-times however the speeds i get when downloading at SCC are not that great. Is that the same at FTN?

FNT OLD torrents is faster than it in SCC since FTN has that seeding rules, but when we are talking about 0day torrents nothing like SCC!

tintin123
09-02-2007, 01:40 PM
torrent wars....crazy

Chalisto
09-02-2007, 02:19 PM

I know its not on TR sexy gurl <3, but i proposed to use the same pre feed. :P

:shutup: abt the p2l lol, you know i don't like it. its just the way it is :ph34r:

NO ONE force us to pay!

Shhhh, I appreciate you getting our back, but don't flame others because of it, calling people a looser makes u look like one.

Brandon wub <3

Nice 2 c U, Chalisto!
Sup bro? :)

2Chalisto & Brandon

lol, does it look like i give a damn - but come on, who doesn't like some competition. its just fun. :01:

beat
09-02-2007, 03:12 PM

People like you are the scum of the earth.

Yes, people who do believe in rules and try to obey them and enforce them are usually scum.

DTD8
09-02-2007, 03:16 PM
i cant comment on FTN but i like SCC (nice speeds and nice people)

blackbird
09-02-2007, 04:29 PM
i got invited to FTN today .. and now that i can compare both sites.. lemme tell you this ... you cant even compare these sites... FTN FTW !!!

RainRoofer
09-02-2007, 04:37 PM
I prefer FTN, but I see lots of guys like ftn more cuz it's more rare and they know staff is here present, so on top of the cake little ass kissing : ))

cpg
I was on FTN,pre times there are very good,but i dont have 100/100Mbit line,so speed there wasnt so good for me. ScT speed is the greatest!
But PRE times fastest is on SCC. Great tracker.

kaffeine
Well, like in any other FTN related thread, people who say it's overrated either don't have it, had it and were banned and/or are giving misleading info about it to keep everybody else from seeking it (imo). Really, I've never read any bad comments from FTN members. (I could be mistaken but i doubt it).

I can't give an opinion on FTN as Im not there. My opinion about scc is it's a great community to be a part of.

:)

Submission
09-02-2007, 11:17 PM
if i use the ftwr or ftn pre chan's, scc's pretimes are real slow. They aren't anywhere what the website says.

Chalisto
09-02-2007, 11:38 PM
Proof please. :)

Brandon
09-02-2007, 11:40 PM
Who cares, cant we just hold hands instead? :(

Chalisto
09-02-2007, 11:42 PM
Yes we can, but they can't. :( Help me B, save me from these monsters!

rocknrule
09-02-2007, 11:51 PM
scc design is the best, the content either.

eLucid
09-03-2007, 12:13 AM
I can't believe this thread is still going. The only way to solve this is a tracers duel :devil:

AugustoP
09-03-2007, 12:42 AM
I can't believe this thread is still going. The only way to solve this is a tracers duel :devil:

#tracers doesn't index FTN and it probably uses RSS to get uploads info which is too inaccurate for such competition.
I think the only way to decide which tracker has better pretimes is to compare announce channels side by side.
Anyway the good tracker is not only about pretimes.

eLucid
09-03-2007, 05:09 AM
#tracers doesn't index FTN
Yeah, I know. I think this should be fixed ;)

Anyway the good tracker is not only about pretimes.
Of course :whistling

sense
09-03-2007, 05:21 AM

Check again. It wasn't uploaded @ 10PM like you wrote. So yes, you made a mistake, and yes your eyes lied. :lol:

Timezones? SCC is 4 hours ahead of EST, right now SCC time = 05:16, My time which is EST = 01:16. So the SS is 4 hours ahead. Go back 4 hours, what do you get? Am I missing something here? Anyways another thread that fails to die. I am also part of the problem as I should just ignore it.

th0r
09-03-2007, 05:31 AM
Yeah, I know. I think this should be fixed ;)

no way, ftn does not need to be a part of those ego races

fstemon
09-03-2007, 05:35 AM
Timezones? SCC is 4 hours ahead of EST, right now SCC time = 05:16, My time which is EST = 01:16. So the SS is 4 hours ahead. Go back 4 hours, what do you get? Am I missing something here? Anyways another thread that fails to die. I am also part of the problem as I should just ignore it.

Check your original post again. You stated it was uploaded @ 10PM sep 1, and 24 hours earlier on FTN.

FTN:

SCC:

That's why I said you probably made a mistake. You then took a screenshot and said your eyes don't lie and you never make a mistake. :)

So which is it now? You added that torrent to show that SCC was slower than FTN, but if it was uploaded @ 10PM that same day, it would've been uploaded earlier than on FTN, and your post about how slow SCC is just got a lot weaker. Or you made a mistake but you can't admit it.

sense
09-03-2007, 06:14 AM
Check your original post again. You stated it was uploaded @ 10PM sep 1, and 24 hours earlier on FTN.

FTN:

SCC:

If more examples are needed please look them up yourself.That's why I said you probably made a mistake. You then took a screenshot and said your eyes don't lie and you never make a mistake. :)

So which is it now? You added that torrent to show that SCC was slower than FTN, but if it was uploaded @ 10PM that same day, it would've been uploaded earlier than on FTN, and your post about how slow SCC is just got a lot weaker. Or you made a mistake but you can't admit it.

Nope I can admit it, You are correct, I forgot to change the date to the 31st, so SCC did appear to win the DVDR battle. :D

They were late with the xvid though, so it's win some lose some. Why didn't you tell me my date was fucked? I never saw it dude, I would have admitted defeat long ago, lol.